Consumers Energy — budget plan scam
DON'T DO THE BUDGET PLAN - IT IS A SCAM! I signed up for the budget plan and for the past year paid $88 a month for electricity. Then one day in December I recieved an auto call that said I had to pay $2000 by the end of the week or my power would be turned off! Due to Christmas I had sent in my payment to them one week late, and according to Consumers due to the late payment I could no longer be on the plan, and had to pay the accumulated remainder in one week. I called and spoke to several "customer service" representatives - I use the term "customer service" very loosly!!! Nobody treated me with any kindness at all - they were all unreasonable and said that there was nothing they could do for me. I am a single mom of 3 kids and live paycheck to paycheck - there is NO WAY I have $2000 laying around - even if I were to accept the fact that I still owe them $2000 after paying them $88 a month over the past year (which I absolutely DO NOT)! They have said that they estimated my Sept., Oct. and Nov bills wrong and therefore are charging me $980 for the month of December. I am SO ANGRY! I have had to contact DHS to ask for help with this bill, but even if they help me that is only $350 and I will still need to come up with $1650 somehow. The only relief that Consumers Energy would offer is to set me up on a NEW "budget plan", but that my monthly payments would be $355 a month! I am so disguisted - but there is nothing I can do, since Consumers Energy has NO COMPETITION! What a Joke!
More Consumers Energy Complaints & Reviews
- Consumers Energy - put unpaid sons gas bill on mine
- Consumers Energy - state of mi energy draft
- Consumers Energy - meter move out
- Consumers Energy - paying for someone elses use
- Consumers Energy - terrible customer service!
- Consumers Energy - customer service
- Consumers Energy - left without heat for 2 days
- Consumers Energy - meter replacement services
- Consumers Energy - new service installation
- Consumers Energy - restoring service