Menu
Southern California Edison [SCE] Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Southern California Edison [SCE]
reviews and complaints

www.sce.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.2 133 Reviews

How responsive is Southern California Edison [SCE]'s customer service?

6 Resolved
126 Unresolved
Very poor 🤒
We don't know much about how Southern California Edison [SCE] handles customer complaints outside ComplaintsBoard, but what we see here, on our website, is quite disappointing. We think there might be reasons for the company's actions (like not knowing about the complaints), and we would be happy to see them among customer-focused businesses that easily solve customer problems. But until that happens, we ask reviewers to be cautious when dealing with Southern California Edison [SCE] and using their services, and to carefully read the experiences of other customers on ComplaintsBoard, because who is warned is armed, you know! 💪
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Southern California Edison [SCE] has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Southern California Edison [SCE] reviews and complaints 133

Filter reviews by rating
1 review
Sort by:

Newest Southern California Edison [SCE] reviews and complaints

2:21 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Southern California Edison [SCE] No customer service to talk to about receiving huge bills every 2-4 months

I've been trying to talk with a customer service representative for months by calling all listed phone numbers and selecting every possible option and I still cannot get an actual person to talk to. Since July 2023, my monthly bills have been arriving every other month, every three months, etc. Then when I do receive a bill it's for a total of 2-4 months, is a very high amount owed, and is due in full in a few weeks.

Why is this erratic billing cycle happening and why can't I speak with an actual person? If I could use a different electric company I would, but we're stuck. I've never been so frustrated.

Desired outcome: Please allow me to speak with an actual person so they can explain the situation to me.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Southern California Edison [SCE] representatives only. If you are affiliated with Southern California Edison [SCE], please claim your business to access these details.

D
11:04 am EST

Southern California Edison [SCE] Wrongful miscellaneous transfer of $7000

I was homeless before I opened and account. I had just moved in last year. It's a duplex home I live in with utilities not separated. I was given the electric to pay as my bill on top of rent. I'm a disabled veteran with no job and no means. For a company to illegally add a $7000 miscellaneous charge even though state policy gives 3 months of back charging only

Desired outcome: I want these charges taken off

F
1:24 pm EST

Southern California Edison [SCE] To much consumption of Kwh during night time from 6 pm to 7 am

I want to know why my reading is 26269 at 6 o'clock in the morning and at 6 o'clock in the afternoon 26276 a consumption of 7 kwh during the day whit 2 hours of the heating system from 6 PM to 7 AM the reading is 26286 10 kwh during the night when the only thing that working is the refrigerator and the Ethernet some is wrong are you incrementing the power at night ?

Plese answer my question because it does not make any sense.

Securely

\Francisco Fl;ores

27008 Howard St

Menifee Ca 92586

Hide full review

Is Southern California Edison [SCE] legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Southern California Edison [SCE] as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 4% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Southern California Edison [SCE] stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Southern California Edison [SCE] should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Southern California Edison [SCE] earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Southern California Edison [SCE] achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Southern California Edison [SCE]. The company provides a physical address, 6 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

The age of Southern California Edison [SCE]'s domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Sce.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Sce.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up Southern California Edison [SCE] and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Southern California Edison [SCE] has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 4% of 132 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Southern California Edison [SCE]. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
  • Southern California Edison [SCE] offering cryptocurrency services, it is important to be aware of the potential risks involved. Cryptocurrency transactions can be anonymous and irreversible, making them a prime target for scammers and fraudsters.
A
11:59 pm EST

Southern California Edison [SCE] No response to rebate/savings programs.

I have applied for the medical baseline and care programs at least 3 times each...with no change or response from SCE. Now my bill has tripled and I'm retiring from the military which means a decrease in income. I have solar panels, upgraded to a tankless water heater, upgraded my refrigerator, washer and dryer to energy efficient appliances, changed my l lights inside my home to more energy efficient ones, and yet, my bill has almost tripled in the last year.

I should have been saving money under the CARE and medical baseline programs (as I qualify for both) and yet, my bill has increased. Now I'm unable to even make a payment online as I keep getting an error and it's impossible to get an actual human on the phone for customer service.

Claimed loss: Right now about $1200. I've gone from literally paying nothing every year since my solar panels to owing $1200 for the year. I don't understand it.

Desired outcome: Admission to the money saving programs I qualify for and an explanation of how my bill has tripled.

H
11:44 am EST

Southern California Edison [SCE] No availability of agent

I am a senior trying to get by on a fixed income and support another

Family member with health issues. I am more than willing to make payment arrangements. However while spending several hours trying to contact customer service, pushing every link calling every number they dial in a date of repayment and a 12 month plan THAT does NOT work for me. I am livid..to lose Power at Christmas with no ability to make arrangements that would work for me..Who did you sell out to SCE?

Desired outcome: I'd really appreciate a human on the phone...Get real!

3:10 pm EST

Southern California Edison [SCE] sce customer service

I have desperately been trying to get a hold of Edison. I have tried every possible number and have kept the log of all of the numbers that I have tried. Several of them have been disconnected or unavailable. Most of them just go to their customer service line that leads to their automated system that has no way to talk to a live human being. I have an over bill due that I need to discuss with them.

Desired outcome: Assistance with my overdue bill.

B
12:11 pm EST

Southern California Edison [SCE] Bill help

Hello my name is Breanna and I am trying to contact someone with SCE about my account number [protected] for my home. The cost of by bills over the summer was too much for me to make. I am trying to contact someone to help get me on some sort of bill forgiveness program. I have tried to do it myself online but it wont let me and when I call any number that is provided to me to try and resolve my issue, I cannot get a person on the line and it just loops and loops and sends me to the same unhelpful recordings. I really need to get this resolved because I am afraid that I will be disconnected.

Desired outcome: I would like to be put on the bill help program for 12 months

C
10:44 am EST

Southern California Edison [SCE] Billing

Normally during this time of year my bill averages around $150-$200 a month. I am subscribed the monthly spending notifications via text and email to let me know that I am within my spending goal for that billing cycle. I have paid my bill on time every month to ensure service

On September 22, 2023 an SCE tech showed up at my home stating he needed to replace my meter because there was an error. He showed me on the side of the house and it was indeed flashing error. Which is fine. He replaced it and everything was working. For that month, My bill was $226.41, which I paid.

However in October, that bill jumped to $1,286.04 and this month it jumped to $1,482.67. I CANNOT get anyone on the phone to fix my bill because this is CLEARLY an error on their part.

Desired outcome: Bill needs to be FIXED and those erroneous charges removed. I can CLEARLY see my usage not only stayed the same but the "spending goal notifications" were withing my usage limit. I have the emails to prove it

11:52 am EST

Southern California Edison [SCE] SoCal Edison and it's scheduled outages

SoCal Edison has been absolutely relentless with scheduled power outages (affecting out entire rural town). Every 2 weeks we have to work around 12-14 hour long power outages

All of the businesses on this mountain are experiencing a slump just bc of the economy. SCE taking out our power every 2 weeks for the full day is not helping. Tourism is adversely affected up here too. No tourist wants to come up here when SCE is taking out power all day

Claimed loss: PTO from having to take time off from work. Food budget is affected bc I have to schedule refrigerating food around these outages

Desired outcome: SCE Should be instituting a conditionency plan to allow businesses to continue running. Why they can't be bothered to bring power trucks up is beyond me.

I
3:25 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Southern California Edison [SCE] Customer service!

I need to talk to someone about serious differences in prices for my electricity vs someone in my complex with a similar sized apartment. There are 3 people there, whereas I live alone! How is it possible for my bill to be 3x theirs! I don't watch my big tv and they have 3 tvs going all the time. I use laundry and dishwasher appliances less than once a week. They use their air conditioning much more than I do, as they live on the top floor and I do not.

It also appears that I may be charged more per kwh than they are.

I need to talk to someone about this. Your automated chat and phone systems do not help!

Desired outcome: I'd appreciate a response. Also,a review of my bills, what I am being charged (especially compared to neighbors) and possible refund or credit.

2:49 pm EDT

Southern California Edison [SCE] Annual settlement for NEM

My SCE account number is [protected] under the name MaryAnn Rankin for the address: 681 E. Cleveland Avenue, Porterville, California 93257. My home phone number is [protected]. Email address is [protected]@yahoo.com.

Since at least 2020 I have had an increasing credit added to my settlement bill. This October (2023) the settlement of my energy generation increased the credit balance to $428.26. In addition, I received a check for $258.06.

While my solar system provided you with $1,304.52 of energy generation that you sold at your normal rates, I also know that you pay me at a lower rate. That total came to $576.49.

I am requesting a cash refund for the $318.43 credit that was listed as part of the settlement. That still leaves an existing credit of $109.83 on the account.

Desired outcome: I am requesting the entire amount of my annual settlement in cash, please.

T
5:50 pm EDT

Southern California Edison [SCE] Southern California Edison Customer Service

To Whom This May Concern,

I made a call to So Cali Edison between 2:05-2:20 from my home in Glendale, CA and a representative came on the line. I explained to her the bill that I received was extremely high for a property that I use as a vacation home on the weekends, and generally two weekends a month (total 4-5days). She said she would go over the bill with me and discuss the usage for the days that I was there. She brought up all the days where I had high peak hour usage; however, I was not at the property for those days she brought up. I grew concerned that there may be an issue with my meters and asked her if it was possible to send someone to the property to take a look at my meters. She insisted that the bill was correct; it was from the use of my security cameras, which is a Ring and should barely draw any power. I asked if it was possible to speak with her supervisor and she hung on me.

Desired outcome: Can you please locate this individual and retrain her and/or terminate her employment?Also, can you please send someone to 411 W. Arenas #4, Palm Springs, CA 92262 to check on my meters? My cell number is [protected]. Thanks.

J
2:22 pm EDT

Southern California Edison [SCE] Care program

Have submitted 17 applications for the overbilling done by SCE. Have sent 17 since 4/14/23, but customer service refuses to assist me in getting the application to the proper department. I have made numerous calls to customer service to no avail. There are over 100 customers in this mobile home par suffering from SCE'S refusal to help. Your CARE program is a ruse to absolve SCE from getting them the much-needed help implied by saying this program even exists.

Desired outcome: ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS AND ACTION TAKEN.

P
9:35 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Southern California Edison [SCE] - Billing Account No. [protected]. Laleh Bullen & Peter Bullen

Last week my wife received a phone call from Edison Customer service, saying they would be cutting off the energy on the 28th if we did not pay the arrears we have. No explanation why! No transparency, no reason for the billing, no nothing! EVER! In one year, NOTHING! SCE have received 4 registered letters asking for transparency, all SCE can do is call my...

A
3:02 pm EDT

Southern California Edison [SCE] Solar

Long story short. I have called and asked to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor never called, the representative that I spoke to today. He informed me that she called on August 4th. I told him no she didn't and proceeded to put me on hold, then told me that she didn't call and put notes that my case was resolved. When I told him why are you now telling me something different from before he said he assumed she called, but told me before that in the notes she did call. I requested that the supervisor call me and he then informed me he couldn't send the request. I don't like being lied to or misled. 9-25-23 at 11:34am. I have both the representative's name and the supervisor that called, but didn't call.

Desired outcome: I would like an apology for being lied to and I would like to speak with someone regarding the solar process and about the horrible customer representatives that are answering the phones. Not all of them have been horrible.

S
2:49 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Southern California Edison [SCE] Customer services

One star is too much; I want 0! Since January 2023, I have called four times to correct my account. They charged me for an electric car, but they still sent me the wrong bills. I do not know what I have to do; in my life, I have never called this many times, and the result is zero! Each time takes one to two hours to answer the phone, at least one hour to talk to them. They promised to correct it, and again, the same story. Can anyone in this organization give me a ph # I can call? Edison does not have customer relations!?!?

L
2:03 pm EDT

Southern California Edison [SCE] - Not being able to contact an agent by phone

I am a customer at SCE my name is Lynn Banez. My account number is [protected] with my service number being [protected] I am currently on the CARE Program as well as the AMP Program. I have made all of my monthly payments since being put on the ladder of the two programs, either exactly on the due date or with in five days after I received a letter in the...

S
12:32 pm EDT

Southern California Edison [SCE] - Frivolous billings from a random address

I received an SCE bill in 5/17/23 showing a miscellaneous transfer for $1,314.05 into my existing account I've been paying since 2007. I contacted customer service and was informed their records show I moved out of a random address in another city as of 3/5/2023 with this outstanding balance. The representative could not provide details for this balance...

J
12:00 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Southern California Edison [SCE] Summer discount plan, not receiving full credit

The summer discount plan runs June 1- September 30. $180 is discount for 4.5 ton A/C all 4 months which is what i have. So is that not $45 discount per month? I'm signed up yet only get $32 credit per month. No answer at SCE phone lines or FB SCE group where they say message them. Disgusting.

So I've been on the plan for many years. At 1st it was great and I got the discount that was even more in 2015.

Just checked last 2 years...same thing. I'm getting shorted. To make this sacrifice its only worth it with full discount.

6:57 pm EDT

Southern California Edison [SCE] No real support by phone to obtain an arrangement to payoff my large bill

I am a single, 68 year old, low income male, wage earner and my settlement bill after an 11month period is over $500! It is now impossible to reach SCE by phone in order to make arrangements to pay off this very large bill. The CLAIM that I can access from their website HOW to make arrangements us utterly FALSE! I am on the affordable housing program and have lived in this apartment since 2001. My yearly income is $24,350 and I am also covered under MediCal.

Desired outcome: Phone support

Southern California Edison [SCE] In-depth Review

Company Overview:

Southern California Edison (SCE) is a leading electric utility company serving Southern California. With a rich history dating back to 1886, SCE has been providing reliable electricity to millions of customers for over a century. The company's mission is to safely deliver clean, reliable, and affordable energy to its customers while maintaining a strong commitment to environmental stewardship. SCE's service area covers a vast region, including Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Ventura counties.

Services and Products:

SCE offers a wide range of services and products to meet the diverse energy needs of its customers. The company is responsible for the generation and distribution of electricity throughout its service area. SCE is also at the forefront of renewable energy initiatives, with a strong focus on solar and wind power. In addition, SCE provides various energy efficiency and conservation programs to help customers reduce their energy consumption and lower their carbon footprint.

Customer Service:

SCE prides itself on its accessibility and responsiveness to customer needs. Customers can reach out to SCE's customer service team through multiple communication channels, including phone, email, and online chat. The company offers flexible billing and payment options, ensuring convenience for its customers. In the event of a complaint, SCE has a well-defined resolution process in place to address customer concerns. Customer satisfaction ratings and feedback reflect the company's commitment to delivering excellent service.

Pricing and Billing:

SCE maintains a transparent pricing structure, providing customers with clear information about tariff rates and plans. Billing accuracy and clarity are top priorities for the company, ensuring that customers understand their energy usage and charges. SCE offers various payment options and flexibility to accommodate different customer preferences. Additionally, the company provides discounts and incentives to encourage energy conservation and reward loyal customers.

Reliability and Outage Management:

SCE is dedicated to providing a reliable electricity supply to its customers. The company continuously invests in infrastructure and maintenance to minimize the frequency and duration of outages. In the event of an outage, SCE promptly notifies customers and provides regular updates on the restoration process. The company's emergency response and restoration efforts are commendable, ensuring minimal disruption to customers' daily lives. Customer support during outages is readily available to address any concerns or inquiries.

Environmental Impact:

SCE is committed to environmental sustainability and reducing its carbon footprint. The company actively promotes renewable energy generation and usage, with a significant focus on solar and wind power. SCE also implements greenhouse gas emissions reduction initiatives to combat climate change. Energy conservation and efficiency programs are in place to help customers reduce their energy consumption and contribute to a greener future. SCE's efforts have been recognized through various environmental awards and certifications.

Community Engagement:

SCE takes its corporate social responsibility seriously and actively engages with the community. The company has established numerous outreach programs to support local organizations and initiatives. SCE's educational initiatives and scholarships contribute to the development of future leaders in the energy industry. The company's contributions to the local economy are substantial, creating jobs and fostering economic growth in the communities it serves.

Technology and Innovation:

SCE embraces advanced technologies in its operations to enhance efficiency and reliability. The company is at the forefront of smart grid and grid modernization efforts, integrating renewable energy sources seamlessly into the power grid. SCE's research and development initiatives drive innovation in the energy sector, ensuring a sustainable and resilient energy future. Collaboration with technology partners further strengthens SCE's ability to deliver cutting-edge solutions to its customers.

Regulatory Compliance:

SCE adheres to industry regulations and standards to ensure the safety and reliability of its operations. The company maintains robust safety measures and protocols to protect both its employees and customers. SCE is transparent in its regulatory filings, providing stakeholders with visibility into its operations. The company is committed to environmental regulations, actively working to minimize its environmental impact. Public safety awareness campaigns further demonstrate SCE's dedication to the well-being of the communities it serves.

Overall Reputation and Reviews:

SCE enjoys a strong reputation in the industry, known for its commitment to delivering clean, reliable, and affordable energy. Customers and industry experts consistently rate SCE highly for its service quality and reliability. The company has received numerous awards and recognition for its environmental initiatives and community engagement efforts. When compared to its competitors, SCE stands out for its trustworthiness and credibility. The company's long-standing presence in the industry and positive customer feedback contribute to its excellent reputation.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Southern California Edison [SCE] customer service

Phone numbers

+1 (800) 655-4555 +1 (800) 611-1911 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Southern California Edison [SCE]?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Southern California Edison [SCE] Customer Service. Initial Southern California Edison [SCE] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Southern California Edison [SCE] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Southern California Edison [SCE]. Discuss the issues you have had with Southern California Edison [SCE] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.