Xoom Money Transfer / Terrible Customer Service

1 NYC, NY, United States Review updated:

Xoom Money Transfer https://www.xoom.com/sendmoneynow/home has the absolute worst customer service I have ever come accross in the financial sector. Infact, it is the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my entire life. I am an Ex-Pat Brit Living in New York City and Often require to send money back to my UK accounts.
Xoom declined my transfer on the basis that they needed further documentation for KYC checks. The requested information was sent to Xoom. Xoom promised a call back, Xoom did not call. I called Xoom and their so called customer service department could not give me any information whatsoever, as this was handled by another team. This was incredibly frustrating as I was offered no explanation. I was confused as to how they could possibly call themselves a customer service team as they did not offer customer service. I was told that the other team at Xoom, does not answer calls. I believe my case was being handled by a computer and not a real person at all. The agents manner on the phone was rude and unhelpful. On every occasion I have have called Xoom, the agents spoken English has been poor to say the least. 3 weeks later I have sent my details to Xoom https://www.xoom.com/sendmoneynow/home four times and have been promised call backs each time within twenty-four hours. However, Xoom has failed to contact me on each occasion. My account remains unopened. I have not been able to 'send money now' at all and have wasted considerable time trying to do business with Xoom. Avoid.

Comments

• Rm
      7th of May, 2010

Really bad customer service. I complained about a transaction and the representative (I believe she was in India) did notr give me a satisfactory answer. When I asked her to talk to a supervisor, she said there was no supervisor. When I insisted, she transferred me to Dominican Republic!!! Unbelievable!! They just lost a customer.

• Mo
      17th of May, 2010

My husband regularly sends me money via Xoom. From what I heard from him, Xoom do not accept debit cards. He use a credit card instead...Just try to use a credit card if you have one..

Regards,