Complaints & Reviews

account disabled

Hi... I also had my xoom account disabled. I did nothing to violate their terms of service. I am trying to do something about it. I went to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) in San Francisco, which is where xoom is located, and filed a complaint. I did this online. http://goldengate.bbb.org/ I am get a response from the BBB and thought if more of us did this, them at least we can get an answer and maybe our accounts enabled. If you didnt do anything to violate their terms of service, then I think it would be helpful if other did the same thing.

• Pa
    palmtreeman73 Jul 21, 2010

Hello,
    I has my xoom account disabled too. I did nothing to violate their terms of service too. Customer service is nasty to me. Because I am deaf. They not understand. I got email from Xoom customer service. It stated:

Dear Thomas,

As stated in our previous communication, your Xoom account has been disabled for violations of the Xoom User Agreement. This decision cannot be appealed, and our customer service team is unable to discuss the matter with you. The decision is based on Xoom’s proprietary compliance and anti-fraud policies and procedures, which are mandated by the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA Patriot Act, and other applicable U.S. laws and regulations. Pursuant to the Xoom User Agreement, we have the right to modify or discontinue your use of the Xoom service at any time, and we are under no obligation to share the reasons for our decision with you. Accordingly, no additional information will be provided.

Sincerely,
    Xoom Customer Service Team

I emailed them that I did not thing wrong. I asked them please resolve this issue. They never reply to me anymore. that SUCK!

Samantha Irene Carson Jul 18, 2013

I wan't to change and block my old xoom how can i do that?.

Cancelled my Account

This terrible company provides high fees to send money abroad same as Western Union. I used their service...

Awful service

I transferred the money on 4th of april

to India. Usually I had not seen problem

but this time, my money has not reached

yet.

Complaints

----------

1) I discover that, if eveything goes

smooth, you will like xoom.com but

now that my money has not transferred yet, they did not even respond back that

they were not able to deposit into my

account.

2) Their customer support, especially

during the US time are terrible to say

the least, they have the least amount

of courtesy, ill informed and try to

talk to cover their problem.

3) It has taken them 12 days to determine the cause of the issue and on

my demand, takes them 15 more days to

deposit my money back to my original bank.

4)Through this entire torture, I came to

know that they have some cheap, local

partnership in other countries who cannot deposit to NRE(NRI account) and

the money will be rejected.

5) The customer service representive in

the US are so bad, I never ever want to

speak to them.

6) Lastly, if you ever decide to go with

these people, beware, if you get into

this type of problem, they will never

cover your cost, whatever you may incur

due to delay in deposit of funds.

• Mi
    Mike Givens May 05, 2010

Just want to warn potential clients to avoid XOOM Money transfer service. They choked off my financial lifeline at the worst possible time. They actually cancelled a transaction after sending me an email saying, available for pickup, without even the courtesy of any notification. I really believe the company must be run by ###s. I was a very good customer of theirs and they were making money big-time off of my transfers. Their low transfer fee is deceiving - unreliable is all I can say. The saying, you get what you pay for, applies here. Western Union is expensive, but at least they care about their customers. Stay clear of XOOM if you value your time and actually getting your money.

• Xo
    Xoom Trouble Feb 13, 2012

Same experience here. Still fighting to get money back. Why don't they have any alert while initiating transfer. Hope othere stay away.

• In
    Indian0 Jun 16, 2013

NEVER EVER USE XOOM.COM. WEBSITE IS A SCAM. YOU ARE BETTER OFF WITH ALTERNATIVES...PLEASE READ THEIR SHADY USER AGREEMENT AND PRIVACY POLICY AND REVIEWS BEFORE DOING ANY TRANSACTION WITH THEM. THEY CAPTURE ALL YOUR HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE INFORMATION INCLUDING WHAT SITES YOUR HAVE VISITED PRIOR TO XOOM.COM, CAPTURE YOUR IP ADDRESS. THERE IS NO WAY FIGURE OUT WHAT THEY NEED AND WHY THEY NEED IT. I recently opened an account with them looking at an Indian Super Star as brand ambassador. I did my first transaction and it went on hold asking for an Govt. ID and Bank Statement. I provided and I called to follow up. Verification Rep. said that its not enough and he needs a copy of my passport . I asked why but he said he cannot reveal that information. I gave a copy of my passport. I got an email saying that i'm missing some doc and they need copy of my US Visa, Voided Bank Check, Screen Shot of my Bank Account with no reason provided as to why the document provided before were not enough. What is that they really are looking for. Customer Servie, Verification, and their compliance team is very rude. I don't understand why Amitabh Bachchan will accept being their brand ambassador. Also, they dont cancel your account. You dont see a cancellation email but if requested a cancellation and try to login, it says your account is locked. Why it is locked and not deleted? NOT SURE WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS THEY ARE RUNNING. Also, they are very interested in knowing whats your relationship to the person you sending money. To me, it looked like they were trying to colon me:-) STAY AWAY:-)

• He
    Heri-patel Jun 18, 2013

I agree with all this guys and I'm going through same pain and I don't when I get my money back.

Extremely bad service

Never deal with Xoom.com, I had this experience and they are sick.

I had to send money to India and I started the transaction on April 4th, 2010. It was supposed to reach India by 7th april 2010 but when I checked on April 10th, the money was still not transferred.

Now I learn how inefficient they are, apparently they have their partners who are incapable of transferring money and xoom was giving me some reason or the other. Today is 15th April and I am still waiting for them to put my money back.

When I called them numerous time, what I noticed is the customer rep. during US time is extremely arrogant, careless and does not seem to care for customers. I will never want to talk to any of them or deal
with them anymore. Today, that guys said it takes another 10 business days(15 more days) to put my money back to my account.
During this entire torture, I have lost more money in expenses.

I strongly suggest everyone not to go with this service.

• Nc
    N. Castro Jun 15, 2010

I was thinking on using xoom to send money to Colombia, now I think I will not. I don't think I can afford to waste any money or time trying to resolve any problems through the phone. it is very easy for them to hide and not care. I will keep using my bank. It is a bit expensive but at least I know the money gets there in a safe way. Thanks to everyone that posted the complains.
    Good luck.

C.T.B Sep 20, 2011

don't use there services, i've been through hell with them twice

deciet

DO NOT use XOOM. I've used for 3 years and they have screwed me time and again and without warning or explanation. Holding funds for 10 days after they take from your bank. They just increased their minimum to $50. Recently I did an emergency transfer for my sister in law in the hospital and they held the funds for 7 days and she almost died without the treatment.
When I finally got a hold of someone on the phone they refused to talk saying they can not disclose any information.
DO NOT trust XOOM. They have gotten too greedy and there advertising is false.

ECOCOR Sep 07, 2010

XOOM SUCKS THEY WILL KEEP YOUR MONEY!

ECOCOR Sep 07, 2010

DON'T EVER DO BUSINESS WITH XOOM . THEY WILL KEEP YOUR MONEY FOR DAYS. TYHEY WILL CHARGE YOUR ACCOUNT EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE NOT AUTHORIZE TRANSACTIONS.

BEWARE! NEVER USE XOOM TO SEND MONEY!!!

XOOM Money not received

Hi,

I am Suresh from India. One of my client in USA sent money via XOOM.

Still money not received my Indian BANK. If i send mail about to know the status, they didnt response proper.

VERY VERY POOR SERVICE !!!

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU DO ANY BUSINESS WITH XOOM.COM unless you are prepared to lose all your money.

WARNING!!! DON'T USE XOOM!!! BEWARE OF XOOM.

Money send to China GONE - BY XOOM

XOOM customer servise sux and a long wait in line, the money i sent haven't arrive in 2 weeks, and i ask for the transaction # when they bank in bank of china, and they don't even have the transaction number.?!?! they want me to provide them the bank statement for the Bank i deposit... why don't they provide me the transaction # and i can call to bank of china to ask for it. maybe they don't even deposit the money yet. that is why! so BETTER DON'T SENT MONEY WITH XOOM if u not prefer to get into TROUBLE.

• Ji
    jin7asp Jul 03, 2010

XOOM has no more service availble to China. all records are gone, deleted from the system

• Ji
    jin7asp Jul 03, 2010

somthing wrong with Xoom. No more to service to China.

Terrible Customer Service

Xoom Money Transfer https://www.xoom.com/sendmoneynow/home has the absolute worst customer service I have ever come accross in the financial sector. Infact, it is the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my entire life. I am an Ex-Pat Brit Living in New York City and Often require to send money back to my UK accounts.
Xoom declined my transfer on the basis that they needed further documentation for KYC checks. The requested information was sent to Xoom. Xoom promised a call back, Xoom did not call. I called Xoom and their so called customer service department could not give me any information whatsoever, as this was handled by another team. This was incredibly frustrating as I was offered no explanation. I was confused as to how they could possibly call themselves a customer service team as they did not offer customer service. I was told that the other team at Xoom, does not answer calls. I believe my case was being handled by a computer and not a real person at all. The agents manner on the phone was rude and unhelpful. On every occasion I have have called Xoom, the agents spoken English has been poor to say the least. 3 weeks later I have sent my details to Xoom https://www.xoom.com/sendmoneynow/home four times and have been promised call backs each time within twenty-four hours. However, Xoom has failed to contact me on each occasion. My account remains unopened. I have not been able to 'send money now' at all and have wasted considerable time trying to do business with Xoom. Avoid.

• Rm
    R. Mendoza May 07, 2010

Really bad customer service. I complained about a transaction and the representative (I believe she was in India) did notr give me a satisfactory answer. When I asked her to talk to a supervisor, she said there was no supervisor. When I insisted, she transferred me to Dominican Republic!!! Unbelievable!! They just lost a customer.

• Mo
    moneytouk May 17, 2010

My husband regularly sends me money via Xoom. From what I heard from him, Xoom do not accept debit cards. He use a credit card instead...Just try to use a credit card if you have one..

Regards,
    Roy

Money never received

I recently used xoom.com to transfer a sum of money between mu US bank account and my account in the EU. I received an email five day after the initiation of the process to inform me that the transaction was complete. However, the money was not in my account in Europe nor had the bank any information on any incoming funds. Having contacted xoom 4 times, nothing has been done. They constantly tell me that the matter is with head office in California yet cannot put me in touch with the office in California. They have no follow up and are most unhelpful. I went to my bank in the US for help and they provided me with the tracking number of who and when the money was taken. The money was extracted by META BANK in Iowa. I contacted them twice and after much persistence (At first, they claimed that they don't work with Xoom any more -lie), they took my number and said they would follow up. The fact is that they withdrew the money from my account by XOOM and are implicated as a result. Funny how they try to lie and cover up for XOOM. XOOM STATE THAT THEY CHARGE 4.99. THIS IS TRUE BUT THEIR EXCHANGE RATES ARE THE WORST. On the website xoom maintains that they have a conversion link but there is no info. regarding conversions on this page. I can tell you that in addition to the 4.99 they receive, they also 60 dollars on exchange (in my case ayway). THEY ARE ABSOLUTE FRAUDS. DO NOT GO WITH XOOM AT ALL. YOU WILL BE SORRY. STICK TO YOUR BANK. One representative at 8 AM informed me that systems were not operating in California until 9 AM so he wouldn't be able to check anything. We ive in a digital age where 24 hour banking is possible. DO NOT GIVE THESE GANGSTERS YOUR BANK INFO. THEY ARE THIEVES AND LIARS. META BANK ARE THE SAME. I taking this mater to my lawyer and I am gonna sue their ### along with META BANK.

Most deceiving and incompetent service provider ever

Use western union - avoid xoom at all costs !!!

Tried to transfer money from bank account in usa to bank account in japan. First transaction went through automatically (Account verified, money withdrawn) , but the money never reached the destination account. Huh??!

Three weeks later, after numerous email and phone calls, all the way up to the vp, customer operations, finally made them move their ### to find out what the reason for delay is. As it turns out, the destination bank could not match the name on the receiver account - one letter was missing in japanese translation - translation was done by xoom.com system! One phone call would have been sufficient to find this out, two days after the transfer was initiated, not three weeks.

Ok, fine, finally received the refund and tried again, after making sure that everything is spelled correctly. In a few hours got a phone call, asking to "verify the transfer". After providing all possible information they asked for, was finally asked what is the transfer for. What business is this of xooms ? You are not paypal - and are not liable for anything beyond providing evidence that the money reached the destination account ?!! They ended up canceling the transfer, based on the fact that this was a payment for a service. "we typically provide services for friends and family only". Excuse me ? What does "typically" mean ? And why ? No meaningful explanation given (Or exists, really!) . A month later, i am back where i have started. What a bunch of incompetent and deceiving losers. Don't waste your time and energy - avoid xoom !!!

ECOCOR Sep 07, 2010

I AGREE NEVER, NEVER USE XOOM.COM THEY WILL CHARGE YOUR ACCOUNT IN MINUTES AND IT WILL TAKE THEM TWO WEEKS TO GIVE IT BACK!!!

IF YOU TRY TO CALL THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY WILL PURPOSELY DISCONNECT YOUR CALL !!!

USE A REGULAR BANK OR WESTERN UNION MUCH SAFER AND NO HASSLE!

FALSE ADVERTISEMENT, MISLEADING CUSTOMERS! BEWARE AND BE CAREFUL. DON'T USE XOOM !!!

• Ps
    PSUE Dec 13, 2010

AVOID!!! XOOM!!!AVOID!!!AVOID!!!AVOID!!!AVOID!!!AVOID!!!AVOID!!!AVOID!!!AVOID!!!AVOID!!!AVOID!!! DONT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!

SCAM

At first we sent money to the Philippines with Xoom and it was fast. Then we sent money to Canada..$500 & this was sent on Dec. 21, 2009..The amount was taken from our bank in the course of one day..It got to the Canadian bank on Dec. 31, 2009 and it was canceled because they said the account number was wrong or something. Now it's January 5, 2009.. and still NO MONEY BACK. At first their email said 1-3 days..(sent on Dec. 31.) then they sent another email saying 3-7 days(sent Dec. 31)! Then we called again and it was the center in the Philippines and they said they can't do ANYTHING, because the only ones who can do anything about it is the customer service in California. What kind of company promises fast, reliable, service? It has been WEEKS. We called them several times.. the people keep saying they'll do something.. BUT NOTHING. I hate xoom. They're a bunch of scammers.

Oh and we asked for LEGAL documents that the bank sent them but all they did was send an explanation. We asked again for the second time.. and still no proof. I really wish that they really are not scammers and just have too much transactions going on.. but 3 weeks.. and the money is still not refunded? C'mon.

SCAM

• XOOM IS GARBAGE!

At first, with all of the fancy web page design, I took a chance with this service to send some urgently needed money to my wife in Mexico. After a few days delay in receiving my confirmation that the money had been received, I was told that my transaction was "CANCELED" due to incorrect information submitted. Now, I have been on the phone with their customer service for the past few hours, only for them to tell me that the matter is "Out of Their Hands"! Now, I have to wait 5 - 10 DAYS!!! for my money to be returned to me. This is a total MICKEY MOUSE company. They weren't able to answer any of my questions or give me any further information, other than, the wire was sent using 2 sur-names and they needed a third. Now, if my wife only has a first and last name, WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT?????

This is a total SCAM! STAY AWAY AND DEAL WITH A REPUTABLE MONEY WIRE TRANSFER COMPANY.

LIKE WESTERN UNION.

Mr. Mario Glen Acosta
    [email protected]

Incompetance, dishonesty, aroogance

Today is the last day i can purchase christmas gifts and you have not deposited my money in 8 days when you promise 3 days. I want to know if my transfer can be guaranteed for today sa time. If not re - doposit my money into my us bank acc immediately so that i can send via western union. You have not responded to my last three emails. I will do everything in my power to ensure that people like you don't catch other trusting and unsuspecting victims. Have a heart. Its christmas time and i dont know how i am going to purchase christmas dinner. You should be ashamed of yourselves - especially for ignoring me. Where do you think your next customers will come from? Type xoom complaints in google and see what you get. That will be your eventual undoing. If you don't get closed down by the district attorneys office first. Telling me that our central bank is the problem is unacceptable. If this is the case refund my money so that i have an alternative option. I only found that out because i was rashing you. You should have advised me of this the minute you or your agent knew. I have spoken to absa and there are no issuses with transfers. So you lied to protect your skin. The only reason i am still talking to you is on the off chance that the money will be available in my acc today. If not, either you or my bank will reverse the funds and you will deal with the consequences. You may just have stepped on a tiger’s tail. I will not stop until justice is served. Do you think you can respond in your promised 2 hour period this time. You have ignored my last 3 emails. Your arrogance is only surpassed by your incompetence. I await your reply and an immediate resolution.

Matthew N. Dec 31, 2009

We do apologize for the delay and inconvenience. We have been notified by our partner in South Africa that all outstanding transactions will be credited by January 4th.

JohnS.ct Jan 03, 2010

Money was sent 2 weeks ago from the USA to me in South Africa... still not recieved.
    They give the most unbelievable reponse to the sender like how they must get their specialist translator to translate the response etc
    What language would they want to translate English to?

C.T.B Sep 20, 2011

they did the same thing to me don't ever use there services again, xoom they gave me the same problem twice, thats enough, they did'nt even give a reason or explanation after the fact i've been using there service for awhile, useless representatives and service

cancelled my transaction and kept my money

Seems like same old tactics as i read here on complaintboard. I have transferred a friend in Germany some money, transaction was cancelled without any reason.

i have contacted support by phone, they said cancellation team will get back to me. they didn't
wrote them 3 times but no answer back.

they still have my money since two weeks and nothing happens from their side. i'm about to go the the police and file an international online fraud crime, i'm not gonna give it up no matter what. wish me luck.

• Vi
    violator Dec 02, 2009

update: i have been contacted by vladimir who gave me his phone number to discuss this matter. i called him few minutes after he emailed me, he picked up. said it happened because paypal have canceled the transaction (that can never be correct!) and a refund will be sent within an hour. so far 18 hours, nothing happened. they can either stall time hope i'll give up or pushing one button at paypal to bring me back MY money takes them longer time than the average person.

will keep you updated. cheers

• Vi
    violator Dec 07, 2009

last update: vladimir is a nice guy indeed, pity i had to feel so bad that i've written here then he immediately wrote me a message. i think XOOM should have many vladimirs like this to prevent that bad service and stupid way of making business. i WILL NEVER recommend this service to anyone of my friends.. perhaps some of my foes too ;)

vladimir promised that i'll get a refund and in fact he did. not as a refund sent to my account but in a strange way that paypal transaction was canceled. since i have some funds in my paypal i didnt really felt that and had to contact paypal support to verify that deal was canceled and xoom didnt get any of my funds.

i have a reason to believe xoom doesnt support many countries and the service itself is kinda poor. no other reason why they are canceling so many transactions. i think they only pick those they can go with (or make bigger margins) and leave all the rest. pity that two people are waiting from the other hand, hoping the money will be sent.

eventually i've sent that wire from my bank. it cost around 60 bucks but worth every penny, didn't have to wait for my money for days, call these idiots at xoom talking to some useless representative (but very nice, i have to say) and eventually have to get vladimir involved and fix, at least, that refund issue.

bottom line, they will bring back your money. have to hope you'll catch the right guy, otherwise they'll give sh*t about you.

No Refund

I sent money via Xoom by Money Pick Up. After 2 Minutes it got canceled. I payed by paypal. The status in paypal is still open. All i get is automated emails by Shiva Prasad or Nishant Bhardwaj xoom customer service.

First response

Thank you for contacting us. We have sent your transaction to our Paypal account manager and she will be able to remove the hold on your funds. Please allow 1-2 business days for this process. If you don't see the funds back to your account within the specified timeframe, please let us know by replying to this email.

Second response
I just wanted to let you know that we are actively working on your case number [xxxxxxxxx] with our refund department. We apologize for any delays as we continue to work on this matter.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any additional questions or additional information you might have. You can expect to hear back from us as soon as we have any further update. Thank you for your continued patience, and for choosing Xoom.com.

Third response
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Xoom Customer Service.

We may address your question quickly and thoroughly, we have escalated your case to a Xoom Customer Service Specialist. The specialist will contact you shortly to address your specific questions and concerns.

Please let us know if you have more concerns.

This company try to rip off!!! BEWARE

Poor Service

Hi there

My name is sajith cyril, i am into software development and web designing. Recently couple of my clients have done money transfer though Xoom Money Transfer ( www.xoom.com ) these transactions were canceled by xoom verification team.

Its been more than a week now and clients today complained about xoom not refunding their money back.

I was a regular customer of xoom in 2008 i have done 31 transaction in 2009 i have done 10 transactions. Me contacted XOOM to know what happened this time. their reply was

"My sender breached Terms Of Service"

When me passed this message to client they responded to xoom but now they replied to sender

"We cannot complete this transaction due to a problem with the recipient’s ability to receive funds via Xoom. Unfortunately, due to US Privacy laws, we are prohibited to disclose further information."

So now they are pointing fingers towards me and when they do that i have complete rights to know the problem with the my ability to receive funds via Xoom

I have droped to customer care though contact us form of their website https://www.xoom.com/sendmoneynow/help?emailCustomerService=true they gave me some incident number [protected] and they will reply in 24 hours. after 2 days when me contacted xoom customer service what the answer gave me was an absolute comedy for XOOM 24 hours is 3 working days they work 8 hours a day so it will take 3 days to respond.

Me droped in again this time they gave new incident number [protected] and time frame of 12 hours, what to tell they never contacted back. now when i drop a complaint they are not giving complaint numbers

I am very upset now the clients are telling me they were ready to do by western union since me advised XOOM they did through xoom.

Myself suspect a scam and fear of money loss since xoom haven't paid back my clients

Me dont know what to do now. Advice to overcome this situation is highly welcomed at [protected]@live.com

Kind regards
Sajith Cyril

Horrible service

I used Xoom.com for the first time (because of their low rates $4.99) to send money to Mexico for medicine for a child. This money was needed immediately. However, I misspelled the middle name of the recipient by a couple letters, and the recipient could not get the money from the bank in Mexico (Bancomer, a greedy Mexican bank). I was totally shocked that she could not get the money because her middle name was misspelled. I called Xoom to tell them about this problem hoping they would help right away; however, they stated they could not correct the middle name and all they could do instead was to have refund the money to my bank account, which would take up to 10 days. I was angry and totally shocked as I do not have extra money to re-send through another money transfer company. I told them this money was needed urgently, but they offered no help or solutions, just "sorry mam ..." This is horrible service of inconsiderate businesses that just want to use your money as long as they can. I will never use Xoom again and will use the service I used previously even though they charge a little more.

• Th
    the messenger61 Apr 13, 2010

i had used xoom for 2 years without any major problems - i thought i was a good and valued customer - then suddenly i received 3 "transaction successfully completed" emails for funds i had not sent. i tried to log into my account to check these transactions, but it would not let me log in - bizarrely they let me change my password several times via email but these still did not work? In frustration i contacted xoom customer service - surely the WORST customer service you will ever experience anywhere! Believe me its that bad! After 2 days i was then informed that my xoom account had been permantly closed due to 'a violation of their user agreement'. i told i was not allowed to appeal the decision and no information of any kind would be supplied to explain why this happened. They provided me with a link (that didnt work) to the compliance manager, but said that he could not tell me anything more anyway! They claimed that i had already been told about this via email - i frantically checked my email - nothing had been sent. I recontacted the customer service to tell them this and to again ask them to resend the email i did not receive, but it was like talking to a brick wall they just kept repeating that my account had been closed and an email already sent - nor would they discuss the 3 errant transactions i received the day they closed my account so i had no other option but to cancel my visa card!! I have looked at the xoom user agreement very carefully and i am absolutely certain that i broke none of their rules, after all, they are serious matters such as funding terrorism, laundering money, paying for gambling or sex!! I am just a humble high school teacher sending money to my extended family in the philippines!!! who do they think i am!?!? Even worse - when i tried to set up two different transfer accounts online with other companies both were closed before i could even send any funds! Again no explanations offered, but obviously something to do with the xoom mistake! It seems xoom have destroyed my credit rating without giving any satisfactory explanation. This whole incident left me highly stressed and i would say to anyone NEVER USE XOOM if you dont want this to happen to you.

worst service ever

wow! i was deceived by xoom.com's service. 1st transaction=good... 2nd transaction=went so well. 3rd transaction=horrible. i used the same method of payment as the previous ones. I sent it 10/14/09.. my bank acct was debited the next day 10/15/09. i called their customer service twice or thrice and they advised me to wait until today, 10/20/09, because that's the timeframe for clearing eCheck process. i also emailed their CS and they didn't answer my inquiries. I'll wait until tomorrow 10/21/09 and see if the money is ready to be picked up. otherwise, i'll dispute it with my bank.

CONCLUSION: NEVER EVER USE XOOM.COM. don't be deceive by their low fees and "faster" service. STAY AWAY FROM XOOM.COM!

JackCR00 Oct 21, 2009

Dont use this service, is the worst scam ever!!!

as of today september 2011, they are still trouble

VERY DELAYED MONEY TRANSFER

I was surprised how quickly the first time (Oct 1) that I sent money the transaction was done the same day within minutes. Therefore, I used Xoom again on same circumstance as 1st transaction; unfortunately, the second time (Oct 6) the transaction is taking days! In fact, payment is still in process, despite Xoom withdrawing the cash Oct 7. It is no Oct 9 - and still waiting!

We send money to the Philippines to help relatives, esp at this time of calamity. But why do we have to be at the mercy of company like Xoom. Xoom MUST re-assess its existence as a company!

$859 dollars withdrawn and not transferred to my bank account

I have been using xoom.com as a source to transfer the funds from my paypal account to my bank account for years. Recently i made 2 transactions through xoom.com, i transferred over $420 dollars on 9th september and $859 dollars on 18th september from my paypal account to be cleared in my bank account using xoom.com service and paid their fee as per their procedure.

The money should ideally reflect in my accountwithin 3-4 working days max as per my experience for past couple of years.

Over 6 days passes by and the money doesn't get transferred in to my account as i eagerly wait for it. Out of curiosity i check my paypal account to see if there's any activity or status that could explain this matter and got shocked to see that $420 dollars were refunded to my paypal account where as the other transaction of $859 dollars remains uncleared mysteriously.

I contact xoom.com customer service email on September 24th and reported the issue and asked for help. I get a reply saying that the previous transaction of $420 has been refunded to your paypal account (with my clarification) and the other transaction of $859 is in process of being deposited in to your account.

I patiently waited for 2 more days and keep sending emails to get regular status, each time i get the same email saying the following:

---------------------------------------------------
Dear Pankaj,

I just wanted to let you know that we are actively working on your case number [X061823716508954] with our partners in [India]. We apologize for any delays as we continue to work on this matter.
---------------------------------------------------

It has now been over 10 days and i continue to get the same email everytime i send agonizing emails asking for status reports as i helplessly wait for the money to be cleared i my account.

I tried calling their customer care helplines and was put on answering machine for over an hour waiting for a representative to attend my call but no one did.

I'm sure there are many people out there who would have faced the same or even worst problems with xoom.com, is there anything we can do to get our money from them or are we just going to get harassed like this and not be able to do anything.

please help and reply with any solution you know of, your feedback is highly appreciated.

• Pa
    pankajgupta Oct 06, 2009

Hi everyone,

Since i submitted this complaint, I have been tracking xoom.com on almost daily basis asking for the status reports of my payments and received replies on each email claiming the money will be transferred soon.

I even contacted my bank and filed a complaint for the same as well.

Xoom.com sent me a mail lately requesting for my registered bank account information, i provided the same and waited for another 4-5 working days for the proceedings.

I just got an insta alert sms from my bank that both the transactions have now been cleared in my account. It was my responsibility to post this update so that people who are facing could find it helpful in keeping patience and hope.

Thanks for your support.

• Co
    Complainant01 Oct 13, 2009

Dear Xoom Customer,

We read about your recent comments on ComplaintsBoard.com and wanted to reach out to you to see if there was anyway I could help you.

If you would like to discuss the matter further please contact me at 415 395 4232 or email me with your concern at [email protected]

My working hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00AM to 4:30PM Pacific Standard Time.

Regards,

Vladimir Moreno
    Xoom Customer Service

Xoom Corporation, 100 Bush Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94104

• Xo
    XOOM-UNHAPPY-USER Nov 26, 2009

415 395 4232 [email protected] NEVER PICK UP HIS PHONE.
    IN FACT NO ONE IN THE SAN FRANCISCO OFFICE PICK UP THEIR PHONE!!!

Unreliable

I was accustomed to sending money to my wife in the Dominica Republic using Servicash. It seems they are no...