XM radio / Frustration with trying to cancel

United States Review updated:

We have xm radio for our home and I wanted to get a secondary receiver for my shop, located next to home. I was told I could have a secondary receiver for $9.99 a month. When it arrived, I found that no matter where I placed the receiver in my shop, I could not get a signal. So, I call to cancel it. I was hung up on THREE times!!! Finally got someone, who told me that I would have to pay a $100.00 cancellation fee!! I said, "So, if I keep it, I will be paying $9.99/mo for no signal service, or I pay $100 cancellation fee???" YES! I was sa angry that I decided to cancel my entire account. I will be charged $100.00, which is such a complete rip off, but I have no other option. That have you and they know it and they completely rip their customers off. I have not received my credit card bill, but after reading many of these complaints, I am worried I might have other charges from them! What can a person do in this situation, as so many others are in?? How can XM Radio get away with this?
Ju

Comments

Sh
  26th of Aug, 2008
Where's the web site? I like Kmart and shop there often but you have given us a reciept to take a survey to win a $2500 gift card. How can I do this if there is no web site. My reciept no. is 09353 082208 005 26246
Se
  28th of Aug, 2008
Yeah I'm an xm rep and what happened is that you didn't read the terms and conditions of the offer which states that you have to maintain service on the radio for 12 months which you agree to when you purchase the radio which from the price you stated was the audiovox express ez. Now granted the rep you spoke with may not have stated them to you just to get commision for the sale but you are also sent them via email and a copy is included with the radio. So it goes without saying in this day and age you gotta read the fine print.

Sirius XM Radio Logo Sirius XM Radio