Work At Mcdonalds / made my 15 year old daughter afraid of work

3 Canada Review updated:

My 15 year old daughter had got her first job at mcdonalds. They say they work around the kids schedule. That was a lie. They scheduled her to work a closing shift 2 to 3 times a week on a school night. She was told if she didn't work them she would be let go. So they let here go after working there a year. They said she didn't show for a couple of shifts, but we always watched our daughters shifts. Mcdonalds lies. Now my daughter is having a hard time finding a job. Now she's afraid of work. Thanks a lot mcdonalds.

Comments

• Pa
      14th of May, 2007

What state hires at 15?

• St
      13th of Jun, 2007

McDonalds does. They hire at 14 even. They are a bunch of lousy ### and i am ashamed to say that i work there to cover all the ### my parents want me to buy. I told them i didn't want to be on shift before 4 o'clock in the afternoon during the school year. they put me on at 4 and then [censor]ed at me for being late. Now what kind of ###ed ### is that?

• Mi
      24th of Jun, 2007
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

All fast food jobs suck, so deal with it. Why would your daughter be afraid of work? I know McDonalds isn't quite a prison camp.

• Ke
      3rd of Sep, 2007

Poor baby. Many years from now maybe she'll grow up. What are you saying, ... she has a job phobia now. Get real! McDonalds didn't make her work there. You don't like it, Leave! You act like the world owes you a living. With your philosophy towards life no wonder she acts like an idiot.

• Do
      27th of Sep, 2007
    McDonalds - Boston, Ma - ATM Machine

On September 27, 2007 @7:20am myself and, my husband went into the Mcdonalds @ 702 Washington St., Boston, MA for breakfast after we ordered our breakfast My, husband went to pay for it with his Debt card when the person working there said the machine does not work. So, I had cash on me. But, after about 10 mins a guy comes in and use his debt card with no problem. So, I seen it and went to the person working and, said why did you let that man pay for his with a debt card and, she said I did not know how to work it. First of all me and my husband being of color and, the guy that paid for his breakfast being a white man I was so upset. Not that I am prejustice it is the principle. My money spends like everybody us.

Thank you for your time!

• Wh
      28th of Sep, 2007

Why does everything have to come down to color? I'm sure it had absolutely nothing to do with race. It is ridiculous the way that everything these days has to be because of color.

21st of May, 2008
    McDonalds Resturant - Terrible quality food
    McDonalds Resturant
    3039 lamar st
    Memphis
    Tennessee
    Phone: 662-393-5854 or 9015170719

On 5-21-08 I went to McDonalds and ordered the chicken sandwich combo with fries and coke. This was the all white meat chicken, but it was so terrible, it had no taste whatsoever, cooked too brown, and the fries, you could not even eat. I ate this sandwich but I would appreciate you sending me a refund or a certificate for another something to eat there. I will never eat a chicken sandwich again from your place. Also, it was so bland that my dog would not smell it.

• Ha
      28th of May, 2008

Today I decided to try the new country style chicken sandwich from Mcdonalds as usual with all Mcdonalds sandwiches it was way to salty, nevertheless I proceeded to eat while i was driving home. As I was about to take the last bite, i realise this grey things was hanging from the what is suppose to be chicken. It this grey rubbery skin none like I have ever seen before. Immediately I had an upset stomach, wondering what in gods name did I just eat.

I would like to get whatever it is tested to see what it was, if anyone has any suggestion as to where i can go about getting that done i would appreciate it.

No more mcdonalds for me.

30th of May, 2008
    Mc Donalds Lake Havasu City Arizona - rude
    mc donald
    lake havsu city
    Arizona

i am a 40 yr old woman, i went to mcdonalds with my girl and a friend of hers. she is 14. i had a very very bad day and i wanted to get out. we had our dinner and sat for awhile tyring to figure soemthing to do i dint want to go home. I was deciding if i wanted ice creame i was still drinking my sada my girl and i shared. the manger came to our table and told my daughter and her friend had to leave they were not eatin, and looked at me and said you too. she just kicked out about 4 kids unserpervised. i left but very upset. i went back in and asked her why i had to leave. she replied too ma ny k ids sit around. if your done eatin get out. i said i wanst i had a soda. she said the kids were. i said ther were with me. i am there mother. she said, if your done they need to leave. too many kids come here and hang out. i said i dont understand. i am an a dult. the kids are at my table and i was drinking a soda and i was trying to talk them into have ice creame. i leift. i will never eat in there or there again .. who the hell are they, its a publice place and i paid for food. how could the owners want this to behappening in there store.

• Ou
      26th of Jun, 2008
    Mc Donalds - Terrible customer service and employees
    Mc Donalds
    www.mcdonalds.com

The mc donalds in lexington tenn (the only one in lexington now) is the nastiest dirty restaurant, I have ever been in!!! The workers are rude mean and must not like there jobs or the public. They also are dishonest!!! And don't do there jobs well!! My son and I had an order yesterday with them and we were charged 7.00 dollars for two plain burgers and didn't get our drinks or fries with our order the sack of burgers were sat on the counter and that was all!! That is what happen when i went into the nasty stinking bath room that had no clean any thing in it and NO Tissue paper!! I was so disgusted I just left. I will never go back there again I don't care if I am starving to death ill never order or eat there again they wont steal from me ever again.

Nasty <

• To
      26th of Jun, 2008

If it is that nasty why would you place a food order in the first place? Take you fat lazy ### to the store by food and go home and prepare it... Or at least leave and go to a clean FAT FOOD resteruant...

• Pe
      18th of Aug, 2008

I work at McDonalds in Australia, and that type of thing is completely forboden! When I was in school, they refused to let me work those shifts. Why didnt you report it to the union or something? Threaten to sue for unfair dismissal? i dont know what it is like at other stores, but the othernight two girls threatened a customer but could not be fired because A. it was not caught on camera, and B. they threatened to sue for unfair dismissal

28th of Aug, 2008

It's McDonalds! What more do you want??? Seriously. If you want excellent service and food then just open your wallet a little more and go somewhere good!

• Mr
    Dumfriesshire
    Scotland, Dumfries and Galloway
    United Kingdom
    Phone: 07901695487

Hi, Ordered 3 chicken and bacon legends with mayo. when order arrived one burger missing from order, got home the legends had no bacon and had salsa on them not mayo.
    Thanks.

• Re
      26th of Jun, 2017

@Mrs Joan Jopson Aw. So sad.

• Pe
      19th of Sep, 2008

Just recently My two friends and I went to mcdonalds for a burger. What a disaster ! One employee was asleet on the table, another two employees were making out at a table. The place was filthy and flys were all over the place. I really did not want to eat what I have ordered after just looking around. What a shame. Colonial Heights VA needs new management.

• Do
      3rd of Oct, 2008
    McDonalds At Victoria Pt. - service plus other things
    mcdonalds
    victoria pt
    Brisbane
    Queensland
    Australia

First of all I never complain about anything but mcdonald at victoria pt needs complaining about. I have been there a number of time and found that you can not get an ice cream as the machine is either broken or just not available. it is not just once but it seems to be a permanent sign that they is up saying ice cream is unavailable. also today I had the new burger with bacon and seasoned avocado and guess what, they forgot the bacon. the lady behind me had the same order and they forgot the avocado.

• Na
      15th of Nov, 2008

We ordered 30 biscuits for the Dublin Methodist Church and was told we could have a discount. I stopped by at Dublin McDonalds and was given the biscuits which 15 were sausage and 15 ham biscuits. I was told the bill was 63 dollars and some cents. I asked if he could give me a discount and he said that it already was included. I can"t believe that amount was correct, and I would like to know why .

• Ec
      30th of Dec, 2008

You people act as if this complaint is over your heads. The minute your child or someone close to you has a problem simular you're going to be ready to go to war. You shouldn't judge the situation so harshly. I mean most of us are on here for a specific reason. (remember the rocks and glass house story?)

• Dm
      2nd of Feb, 2009
    McDonalds In Temple Georgia - Cutback!?!?!
    Deborah M. Sweat
    431 Venable Road
    Temple
    Georgia

OMG!!! I really didn't realize how cheap McDonalds has actually become!! We only have ONE McDonalds in this area, as it is a rural community and any other McDonalds is over thirty miles away in Douglasville Georgia!! So.. not only are people getting laid off in this terrible economy...we NOW have to deal with INFERIOR products!!! My husband went to this McDonalds and ordered 2 biscuits with bacon, egg and cheese... when he got them home, I opened mine and it had just ONE HALF of a piece of bacon!!! I asked him to open his, as mine may have just been an oversight perhaps. Lo and behold his was exactly the same, that one little PITIFUL HALF PIECE of bacon!!! Now really, do you expect people to think that was a mistake??? I know this sounds like a ridiculously little thing but it sure makes me NOT want to go to ANY McDonalds anymore and as you know... word of mouth spreads much faster than ANY advertising campaign, therefore you can be quite assured that I will be speaking against the McDonalds in Temple Georgia.
    Signed Disilliusioned in Georgia!!!

• Le
      23rd of Mar, 2009

I know. It is the worst McDonalds I have ever been in. The lunchs are tollerable, but the suppers are horendous. A comment was made about how bad they was to an employee, and they replied they didn't care, it is McDonalds and people will come back. It is bad when you live in a small town and the choices for food is minimal and you have something like this. It is just a waste of real estate space if you ask me.