Whirpool Service Contract / double billing on same product

1 United States
Phone: 800-615-3572-Steve, Mgr.

Back in March I submitted a duplicate payment for my appliances $142.63. I contacted the above number and they stated it would be refunded in 4 to 6 weeks. She acknowledged seeing two payments thru different reference numbers being billed and paid to their Company. I called again in May and now told it had to be submitted in writing the request for doing a duplicate payment on my appliances. I asked for a supervisor who told me this was the procedure and I explained why didn't the lady in March 2008 tell me this and I would have done it then. I was given a fax number to expedite my refund of my money. Upon receipt of the fax it would take an additional 4 to 6 weeks. No interest money would be due me for their cashing of both of my checks. It was my error but you would think it doesn't take this long to give a loyal customer their money back. At the beginning of July I called again. No success in getting my money. With a product as large as Whirlpool I would think a retired person could get their money faster and it may not be large to them but when you are on a fixed income. This hurts. Please help and thanks for listening.