Whirlpool Refrigerator / whirlpool refrigerator stops working twice in less than 3 years

1 Helena, AL, United States

We bought what we thought was a nice refrigerator from a good company, boy were we wrong. Less that a year after purchase, it stopped cooling so I called for warranty service. It took a week to get the service technician out to work on it, he listened to it and said it was a bad compressor, of course he didn't have one and would have to order it, and have it shipped to my house.

After another week or so, the part arrived at my house and I called to schedule service. It would be ANOTHER week before a tech could come out to install the part (yes this will make 3 weeks). The day the tech was supposed to come, they called and wanted to reschedule because someone had called in sick and they didn't have enough people to go around. At this point I pitched a fit and called the store that I bought it from and they got involved and helped to get someone out that day.

The people on the phone were always unfailingly polite and sympathetic, they just simply did nothing to help me.

Now, less than two years later, the stupid refrigerator has stopped cooling again. You guessed it - bad compressor.

I'll never buy Whirlpool products again, and I tell everyone I know not to. I also tell strangers that I see in the stores looking at appliances. And now I'm going to post my story all over the internet.