Whirlpooloven repairs

Last Monday (24/04/17) I used the pyro setting in my oven to clean it. After about an hour of it being on the smoke alarms started going off! When I checked on it I saw the inner layer of safety glass had shattered. The glass had fallen down under the oven door to the floor. Luckily my children weren’t in at the time. I called to explain what had happened and the woman I spoke to found my order using me postcode so she must have had my model number. She booked in the repair for Friday (31/04/17) meaning I had to stay in all day. When the engineer came he basically swept out the glass from the oven, ordered some parts and left. (This took him 43 minutes) I don’t understand why you didn’t send him with either the parts, a new door or even a replacement oven meaning he could have fixed it on the day. I called again to see when they would be back and was told they were missing a part. I explained this wasn’t good enough and asked to talk to someone else but wasn’t reconnected or given any other contact information. I called today (03/05/17) and was told I couldn’t have it repaired till Tuesday (09/05/17). Again I said I wanted to complain and was offered to have my details sent to another department. When I checked this would mean a follow up phone I was told NO it meant if a cancellation happened I would be called and offered an earlier appointment. I said I wanted to complain and was given an email address. I feel the wait is disgusting as that will mean two weeks without an oven. It was I think a manufacturing problem as the upper heating element had fallen down which the engineer told me was probably the cause for the glass shattering and the plastic top of the door melting! Meaning it’s not my fault. I have two children who could have been seriously hurt and I now struggle to feed them as missing the oven makes meal times harder. I havent even had an aplolgy let alone any offer of compensation.
I don’t see how you can treat your customer like this. I hadn’t had my oven a year when this happened so was still under manufacturer’s guarantee so surely would have been easier and probably cheaper for you to replace. i would like at least an extended warrenty or some form of insurance (for free) as i now feel worried to use the oven again

• Whirlpool Corporation Customer Care's Response · May 08, 2017

Hi nikki21, unfortunately we are unable to offer assistance to those residing outside of the United States. All further questions would have to be addressed by your local representative.

Ni