Having problems with Whirlpool?

Whirlpool reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 10, 2006. The latest review Maytag dryer was posted on May 6, 2021. The latest complaint Refrigerator: Model #WRF767SDHZ02 was resolved on Mar 18, 2021. Whirlpool has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 938 reviews. Whirlpool has resolved 556 complaints.

Whirlpool Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 698 2538 (United States)
+1 269 923 5000 (Head Office)
+39 283 7151 (Europe, Middle East & Africa)
+55 113 566 1000 (Latin America)
2000 N. M-63
Benton Harbor, Michigan
North America
600 West Main St., Benton Harbor, MI, 49022-2692

Europe, Middle East And Africa (EMEA)
Via Carlo Pisacane, 1, 20016 Pero (MI), Italy

Asia
Building 8, № 1888, Xinjinqiao Road, Jinqiao Export Processing Zone, Pudong, Shanghai 201206, P.R.C.

Latin America
Av. das Nações Unidas, 12.995, 32° andar, CEP 04578-000 São Paulo, SP, Brazil

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Whirlpool Customer Service. Initial Whirlpool complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Whirlpool above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Whirlpool. Discuss the issues you have had with Whirlpool and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Whirlpool Complaints & Reviews

Whirlpool Gold Refrigeratordefective unit when brand new

I bought a whirlpool gold refrigerator from Low's late October 2009 and it was delivered a few days later. It worked for first few weeks. Then I took an 3-week vacation and it surprised me when I got home. The refrigerator completely stopped working. All the ice melt and everything inside (pork, chicken, sea food, beef, ...) spoiled. The liquid mixture filled up the bottom of the refrigerator and soaked my hardwood floor in the kitchen. The floor was stained and distorted. The kitchen smelled terrible. I had to throw away all the food and work hard to clean up the huge mess. I was really upset.

I called Low's and they delivered another one of the same model. Now I
don't know how long this one can last. The terrible look and smell of the bad refrigerator surprised the Low's delivery guys and their managers.

I have been contacting whirlpool customer service since the accident by email for last couple of months and they provided no help at all. They basically take no responsibility claiming I did not buy their extended warranty. They seemed really don't care about the customers. "Go and find out what your home owner's insurance will say" is the only answer l got from them.

Whirlpool — outrageous charge for service call for job performed

We own a 4-1/2 year old Whirlpool Duet washer, which over the last few months started giving us computer...

Mauldin

Whirlpool / Duet Washerunreliable

Purchased a Duet Washer/Dryer combo unit THREE years ago. Washer stopped working and had to replace it entirely. It would have cost more to fix it. The thing that gets me upset is that I THOUGHT I was purchasing a reliable, long lasting product since it cost me an arm and a leg! The washer only lasted for three years! I believe that is considered "just broken in". In my opinion, these companies do NOT want products to last for a LONG TIME anymore. Those days are gone. Do your research by word of mouth or go online before purchasing ANYTHING nowadays. The reviews are out there! Listen to what people are saying.

• As
        Aspromallis Oct 28, 2012

My microwave caught on fire.(see attached Picture)

Whirlpoolwaterheater-flamelock

I needed a new water heater ASAP so i went to Lowes, Madison IN., and purchased a Whirlpool water heater. This particular model says "Flamelock" on it. BEWARE!! This is the biggest piece of JUNK, next to the 2010 Chevy Malibu.<br />
      <br />
      From the start the water heater started leaking as the water heated up. Sears was contacted to make the needed repairs. The water heater had EVERY possible part on it replaced. No luck, it kept leaking. So the water heater was replaced with a new one.<br />
      <br />
      The new heater started leaking from the start!! Whirlpool was notified AGAIN and they sent Sears out AGAIN!! This water heater was also completely reworked. No luck, it kept leaking.<br />
      <br />
      Well through my research I have found that Whirlpool has had numerous complaints and problems with their FLAMELOCK brand water heaters across the country!!! As it turns out they can only handle 60-65 lbs of water pressure. Most homes are 70-75 lbs of pressure. This extra pressure on the tank causes the water, as it is heated, to leak out the pressure valve.<br />
      <br />
      I have added a pressure reducer, $65-$95, and reduced the water pressure down to 65 lbs. The leak has slowed, at the worst i would dump out approx 1 gallon of water a day, now it is down to about 3-4 cups. By reducing the pressure our shower pressure has suffered! <br />
      <br />
      Whirlpool will not remove the water heater, refund my money and I'm stuck with a piece of junk! I have also had to have the ignitor replaced at 6 months and this too is a common problem with this model!!!<br />
      <br />
      Moral of this story, DONT BUY WHIRLPOOL!!!

• Wa
          Water heater helper Jan 18, 2010

If there is a constant leak from the T&P valve there may be something else going on. It could be thermal expansion. This is caused during the time the water heater is heating the water. It can cause a build up of pressure in the water heater resulting in the overflow of the T&P valve on the water heater since that is the only place it can relieve the pressure.
          Several people are installing a thermal expansion tank to relieve that pressure. It works.

Whirlpool / Washingmachinerepeated breakdowns

Details of washing machine.
        Professional sport 7.0kg, serial no-inf092900810, model no-11638, dt of mfg: 14 jul 2009.
        This washing machine was purchased on 22.07.2009 at vivek ltd27/1 balavinayagar kovil street, tuticorin-628002. bill no-3b010901492, dt:22.07.2009
        Sir,
        From the second month of purchase we were faced 4 breakdowns. though the service is good, we are very much worried on the repeated faults in this new machine/model. faults attended :-he-1, he2 (twice) &f2
        Kindly let us know this "sport" model has some inherent problems. repetion of the problems after service warranty will be an unnecessary financial burden on me.
        We believed that whirl pool is one of the best in washing machines, this faith is shattered by the above.
        Our option is replace the machine with the one which is trouble free.
        Regards,
        S. ramasamy,
        111/58-l state bank colony, polpettai
        Tuticorin-628002
        Mobile:[protected]

• Wa
            waytoabhinav Mar 29, 2015

HI, I am also facing problem in control board after warranty. How much did they charged you for new board ?

sajuharan Mar 05, 2015

Thats really true, i had the same problem first contol board was broken in three months but they came to fix then later 6 months again same problem but they havnt fix few months then after couple of months past they came to replace the board again after that works perfectly. Now the same happen but the guarentee is over, the company said that i have to pay for the contol board

• Gy
            gysimha Nov 11, 2014

the display shows f1 after 52 munits

Whirlpool Frost Free Refrigeratorwhirlpool - lost credibility & loosing customer's interest & loyalty

Whirlpool means trust & loyalty for us before but now it does mean poor quality, lack of credibility, lack of customer satisfaction, losing customer interest, lack of responsibility, lack of commitment, false promises, no timely delivery, poor response to customers, poor customer interaction, cheating customers, waste spending money on the brand which doesn't worth it, worst time spending interacting to employees & dealers of the company, no more a respectable and recognizable brand by itself itself.

I have purchased a Whirlpool refrigerator and chosen the dealer Viveks as it was mentioned as a authorized dealer in Whirlpool India website. But this is the worst experience I have ever had in my life and they have made this New year 2010 start as worst as possible for me.

I made the advance payment & booked for a whirlpool frost free refrigerator till today.

I paid the advanced on 19th December 2009 to book the product and made full payment on Dec 31st 2009.

It took nearly more than 3 days for the whirlpool authorized dealer (Viveks - T.nagar) to deliver a product even which was a damaged one which was identified while the product was taken out from the manufacturer's packing & opened by the whirlpool technician Mr. Hari on 2nd Jan 2010 at around 6.30 PM. Then we asked for a replacement immediately. But to be frank even though replacement will be done I wont have the feel of using a new product a psychological factor which any marketer can understand. Thanks to Whirlpool.

I was told that the replacement would be made within a weeks time but it is unfortunate that whirlpool promise has not been brought to action.

I did called the Whirlpool customer care at +91-44 - [protected] on 8th Jan 2010 and I was told that the issue is raised to concern department and would receive a call the same day from a person of that department and also when raised more concerns they gave me the Contact number "[protected]" of "Mr. X - Incharge for Replacement" and said would receive a call from him before that evening and the unfortunate fact is that I haven't received any call from any employee of Whirlpool or from related persons.

Then I ended up calling him but the response I received & the way the person spoke was not satisfactory and I feel that it is the worst part of whirlpool and that does not sounded any professionalism or as a Whirlpool employee. Does have customer handling skills or neither know how to handle a customer and feel arrogance in the way he dealt or spoke to me. The person said that the product will be delivered before morning of 9 Jan 2010 but the same didn’t happen.

I called Mr. X on the same day (9 Jan 2010 at around 11 AM) but again the false commitment & promise made for the delivery before 10 Jan 2010 (which is a Sunday) but Whirlpool executive or person related to Whirlpool doesn’t keep up his words and fulfill their promises & commitment. I did suspected that how cum he can deliver a product on a holiday but believed they would do it as it is a seasonal sale and festive season and might have lot of deliveries which proved to be false and I understood that I was cheated when they were not able to keep up their promise even on 10 Jan 2010 as said by the respectable person in charge for the replacement.

On 10 Jan 2010 (Sunday - working day as said by Mr. X) the product was not delivered and so again I ended up calling the customer service on the above said cust care number where in my call was disconnected by the executive by the caller (executive - Level 1) after I explained my concern to her . Then I called again but I was so frustrated and so my call was transferred by the executive to the floor supervisor (Level 2 employee as per customer service norms) and he has confirmed his name as "Mr. Y".

I told Mr. Y that the most respectable person in charge for replacement has said that their engineers will deliver the replaced product on or before 10 jan 2010 which is today (Sunday) and Mr. Y said that is not at all possible as it is supposed regular company holiday. This is when I understood that I was cheated by that person in charge of replacement (Mr. X) who has told a lie to close the conversation when I contacted him.

Then so I had to show my anger to Mr. Y and told him that I will not disconnect the call until I get a justice or a solution for my precious time, efforts, money, energy and many more which I had spent on tracking them on phone and directly and for the money that I have invested on the product for which he said that he would call be back in 3 hours time tracking the status from the respective department. I told him that I will stay on the line and asked him to track the status and let me know but he refused to do that and started giving me humpty number of reasons for not doing.

He tried to close the call by giving the contact number "+91 - 044 - [protected]" for me to call but then I called the number while he was on the call and found that I felt as if I am talking to an IVR where in the recorded telecom voice comes that "no one is there to pick the call" after the final ring. I told him that this is what is happening for which he said that I need to call Mani the next day which is 11 Jan 2010 (Monday) after all these had happened and stayed with his mouth shut till that moment.

Then I refused to disconnect and stayed on the line for about 30 minutes after which he pulled another Supervisor (name unknown) on the line in order to talk to me. This guy also started taking about the trust I should have on them similarly as said by Mr. Y, Mr. X and other employees of the trustworthy Whirlpool. I told that that Mr. Y has given me the number telling that I would get a solution if I call the number"+91 - 044 - [protected]" but it is unfortunate that no person is available for me to get a right solution and I feel as if I am taking to a IVR or a who is person who is impaired and if this is the case how a customer can trust Whirlpool and its employees. That guy then said that the number"+91 - 044 - [protected]" is the apporiate one for me to call and instead I need to try the numbers "+91 - 044 - [protected] or +91 - 044 - [protected]". I then made him stay on the call until I called both the numbers and found that at least I heard some pre recorded voice of the telecom operator on the number given by Mr. Y but this is even worse.

I would say that it is all about losing customer loyalty, losing trust the customer has on the brand Whirlpool and this is not how a respectable and globally present brand should operate and irritate the customer who ended up purchasing a worst experience in his life.

Whirlpool Duet Steam Washer — a&e customer service/service technicians

This is the best. I had an appointment with A&E today 12/16/09 between 8:00am-12:00 noon. Called customer...

Whirlpool Washing Machineamc service

dear sir
            this is just to bring into your kind attention about the pathetic AMC service provided by the co.
            I have a semi autometic washing machine and have a comprehensive AMC policy.
            when I was called up by your exucative to take the amc, I was told, If I take this Comprehencive Amc policy, it covers the entire machine as insurance.
            Now, whenever I call for any problem, your engineer comes and after verifying, the first thing they say that the particular parts which is damaged is not covered. then again I nedd call up different persons and then the part is covered . why so? recently I made a complaint ( no dl1109003571). It was complaint of spin tub break shoe. agiain, the engineer told that this not covered, then after negotiation he agreed to do but told only I have to pay for the break shoe which cost around Rs 50. my question is why I have to pay when my AMC covers the entire machine and more of all nowhere in the policy it is mentioned that 'these...these .. particular parts exclude the policy'. the amount could be even Re 1 but why they ask money.
            however he did not attend my complaint and it was closed without being solved.
            kindly do the needful
            regards.
            Gora Chand Das
            N.Delhi 45
            [protected]

sanjaynana Aug 21, 2010

I agree that after making money through AMC these all branded companies they give poor services, the effected people write on internet about there poor services, so can i know that how this (writing on net) will effect these companies, whether any authority takes action against them or nothing happens if any body can explain me on: [email protected] I will be very greatfull to him.

Whirlpool Electric Rangerange

When I self-clean my stove the outside(white) material gets stained from the heat and it is permanently stained. I have an extended warranty from Lowes, where I purchased this appliance. Whirlpool says to contact Lowes and they say it is a manufacturers problem contact Whirlpool. I keep getting the run around. Whirlpool appliances are terribe, service is horrible, and I will NEVER buy another Whirlpool product. They are junk!!!

• Hs
                  Hsiu-Ling Yu Nov 21, 2013

I purchased whirlpool 6.2ct electric range (model WFE540H0AS) on 3/16/2013 from Lowes, Fremont, CA. I tried to bake my cake on 11/19/2013, and pre-heat it to 400F degree. When the temperature achieved to 400 degree, I put my cake in not even 5 minutes and go to dining room to pick up something. When I turn around, I saw the oven window is so bright and I open the door right away, it has fire from the left side bottom. I turn off the power right away but still has big fire. So I use the fire extinguisher to get the fire off.

I went to Lowes to complain it, this product still under the manufacture warranty and I also purchased two years extended warranty from the store. Lowes sent the 3rd party technician come over to check, they open the bottom element and insist I drop something to caught on fire. He tried 350F degree is working. But the fact is, there's nothing drop, no oil, water or and any ingredients, only fire extinguisher powder all over the bottom. Technician put but the cover, I asked him, how do I clean up the bottom extinguisher mess, he said you don't need to, just clean the top and won't try 400F degree for me since the top didn't clean up. I asked him, I am so fear to use it now, you asked me to clean it up and try again. I only use my oven to bake cakes, cookies, and muffins, and that day the cake even not still raise yet. How could it caught on fire? Is this product defective? I doubt it.

I also called Whirlpool, they said most likely is short circuit, they only provide the repair, unless it can't be repair, then they replace it. Manufacture also told me that my temperature is high. I don't think so. I have no problem to use any oven in 425-450 in the pass. If this is high, why your stove has function to that high degree? I am so upset with both of service. From my concern, nothing dropped to bottom and caught on fire. They all refused to replace the new one and asked me to continued use it. I really don't feel confident to use this one and don't know who can help me to replace it.

I purchased whirlpool 6.2ct electric range on 3/16/2013 from Lowes, Fremont, CA. I tried to bake my cake on 11/19/2013, and pre-heat it to 400F degree. When the temperature achieved to 400 degree, I put my cake in not even 5 minutes and go to dining room to pick up something. When I turn around, I saw the oven window is so bright and I open the door right away, it has fire from the left side bottom. I turn off the power right away but still has big fire. So I use the fire extinguisher to get the fire off.

I also called Whirlpool, they said most likely is short circuit, they only provide the repair, unless it can't be repair, then they replace it. Manufacture also told me that my temperature is high. I don't think so. I have no problem to use any oven in 425-450 in the pass. If this is high, why your stove has function to that high degree? I am so upset with both of service. From my concern, nothing dropped to bottom and caught on fire. They all refused to replace the new one and asked me to continued use it. I really don't feel confident to use this one and don't know who can help me to let the manufacture replace it. I think this is defective product and have safety issue. But both of them just don't want to replace the new unit

• To
                  tonsoflemons May 14, 2011

I have the exact same problem and since my range is out of warranty, they need to send a technician. They want me to pay $129 for a technician to merely look at it. Ridiculous!! And if it was deemed a defect, I STILL need to pay the technician. I told them that it's their product and they should stand behind them. Out of warranty is ALL that I hear. I will never buy another Whirlpool product as long as I live!!

Whirlpool Refrigeratorbent near the compressor. replacement to be done

I have purchased new Refrigerator from the show room on 11-10-09.
                Company authorised Representative came for demonstration. He observed there is a bent near compressor. He has recommended to replace new fridge. So far the company has not taking any steps.
                I request pl arrange to replace immediately.
                my contact number is [protected].
                my mail id:[protected]@gmail.com

Whirlpool India Ltd - Washing Machine Fp45not working - service centre at chennai failed to send mechanic.

I lodged a Complaint to Whirlpool Service Centre with Phone No:6000 8558 at Chennai on 06-11-2009. They allotted Complaint No:08815. The Mechanic turned up on 08-11-2009 and just saw the Washing Machine. He stated that the Drum must be cleaned with Acid and Chemicals for which a sum of Rs.1350. should be paid so that the next day the concerned Service Personnel will bring the Kit, dismantle the Washing Machine, apply Acid & Chemicals and clean up. He collected the money of Rs.1350. from me against a receipt. Till today i.e. 24-11-09 he did not turn up. He ran away with my precious money by cheating me. Several Complaints made by me to your Chennai Service Centre did not evoke any positive response. Due to my repeated pressure, another Mechanic by name Mr.Harvick attended the Washing Machine and replaced the water outlet valve on 18-11-09. When I operated the Washing Machine the very next day as per his instructions, it was not working. Your Service Centre is not sending the Mechanic although I am reperatedly making complaints from 19-11-09. Your Service Centre at Chennai is damaging the Image of Whirlpool India Ltd. I am informing my relatives and friends not to buy any Whirlpool Products as the after sale service is the worst.
                  K.Chandrasekaran. E 104 Grahalakshmi Apartments. Elango Nagar South. Virugambakkam. Chennai 600 092. Tamil Nadu.
                  e.mail ID: [protected]@yahoo.com

Whirlpoolvery unprofessional

I have a white electric Maytag oven. I recently used the cleaning function and noticed that each time I used it the trim on top of the door was turning brown. I was not able to wipe it off; the heat was turning the paint brown. I called Maytag around 10/13/2009 and the rep told me the stove is out of warranty but they will cover the parts if I cover the service. She gave me the numbers of two service companies and Stellar was one of them. I called them and they told me the service call would be $72.95+tax. At first I hesitated but I called them. The owner himself came out around 10/14. He began looking at my oven and I went into another room to give him his space. In less than 10 minutes he told me that it was normal but he could order the trim and I would get it in 7 to 10 working days. Things went downhill after this though. He noticed that I had a stack of newspapers from 11/4/2008 with President Obama on the front. He told me "You have enough Obama newspapers"? (Not verbatim) and I told him that I had meant to give them to friends. Then he started talking about the "flat tax" he proposes and how he hates Obamas policies. Of course, I defended Obama and he retracted what he said and told me flat out in my kitchen "I HATE OBAMA" and he continued arguing with me out in the driveway. He turned out to be a birther, deather, and tea bagger all-in-one. I called Whirlpool/Maytag a few weeks ago and told them what happened. The rep told me that what happened to my oven is normal and the first rep should have known. Stellar should have known too but they saw this as a money making opportunity. This rep apologized for what I went through and sent me a check for $50.00. I FINALLY got the part on 11/13 that Stellar ordered and it was black instead of white. So much for that 7 to 10 days. The wife of the owner said she would personally inspect this part before it was mailed to me but obviously she did not. I called Maytag/Whirlpool and they are sending me a new white trim kit. I left messages on Stellars answering machine finally telling them how I felt about their customer service. I am sure I will get a call back from them on Monday. I will NEVER call them for anything EVER again. Their customer service stinks and you do not go into someones house disrespecting them. This tea bagger will never come into my house again.

Whirlpoolprice match policy

I purchased a Whirlpool front load washer and dryer from Bray and Scarff in Oct. 2009 on the premise that they have a 75 day price match policy. Several weeks later I visted ApplianceLand in Annapolis only to discover that there everyday price was over $400.00 cheaper. Upon contacting my saleman I was informed that I needed a quote to prove that I was not lying. First of all I do not lie and nor will I ever deal with this outfit again. Shortly after I cancelled my order and had both units delivered from ApplianceLand with great service from there delivery crew. If you want the best price than stay away from Bray and Scarff and there untrue price match policy.

Whirlpoolmicrowave oven door cracking

We built our house in 2005. Both of us are retired and were told that Whirlpool was the best. Therefore, we purchased all Whirlpool Applicances. Our Microwave Oven is hardly ever used and now has a "hugh" crack from the side of the door, protruding all around the handle. Also, chips of plastic is falling off the corners of the door. I called Whirlpool and they said I need to purchase a new door for the microwave. After checking, the door cost more than a new microwave. We had a microwave for 20 yrs. and never had one problem. We have decided to replace it with a new microwave but for sure, not a WHIRLPOOL. I would never, never recommend their products to anyone. We will never purchase any of Whirlpool products. Four years and another oven to be replaced that has never been abused. Guess the stove and refrigerator will be next. Their products are terrible and I will NEVER buy another of their products.

• Ku
                            kucera Dec 04, 2015

Same here. Model MH1150XMB0. It started cracking after 2 years and I checked to buy a new door but that costs almost as much as a new one. It should have been a recall... I taped it together and looks bad but it works just fine.

• Tr
                            Trina Simpson- Martin Sep 06, 2015

I have the same issue. We too purchased all new Whirlpool appliances in 2005. Our microwave is doing the exact same thing. We have also had to relace the control board on the dishwasher. I worked for the company whoch sold these appliances and i am very ashamed to say i recommended these to others.

• Ls
                            lsdk Mar 16, 2011

I have exactly the same problem for years . I also have the 2005 model. The model number is MH1150 XMB-2, made in July 2005. Whirlpool sucks.

• Ak
                            AK2K9 Nov 30, 2009

I had the door replaced by Whirlpool within one year and guess what, the second door also has cracked. The quality of these microwaves is abysmal. I have washer from Whirlpool which leaks if the bleach hole is used. I have decided to stay away from Whirlpool and go for brands that offer better quality.

Whirlpool — defective electric range

I purchased a new electric range directly through Whirlpool by telephone. It was delivered on October 13 but...

Whirlpool Flame Lockjunk

First... Dont buy a water heater from lowes! Second... Dont buy a whirlpool... As a matter of fact dont buy anything from whirlpool!!! I have been fighting with whirlpool now for almost 3 yrs... Not only am I out over 500$... I dont have hot water!.. They have "technicians" that are rude and ignorant.. That try to diagnose the problem over the phone and if they dont get it right then your out of luck until the next time u get fed up enough to call back and argue with a bunch of #s over the phone for another hour! So... After argueing with these "technicians".. They still give you another number that u have to call to get the real technicians to come out and look at it... And they give you a 4 hour time span that they will be out... So if you work 8 to 10 hrs a day you can never make your appt... I tried to get them to just take it back but they will only give you a replacement and thats only if they deem it to be out of commission... So basically you live with out hot water or u buy a new 1... Not whirlpool!!!

Whirlpool White Magicmachine is not workin properly

we have purchased washing machine on 8th april 2009 but from begining machine was'nt working properly we lodge the complain and service engineer came and adjusted something but the problem was not solve, it took about 2 months, we again lodge the comlain .The complain numbers are as follow N-P [protected], and the latest one is N-P [protected].We are everyday followed and being assured the service engineer will come and attend the problem but nothing is happening.THIS IS THE HEIGHT CARELESSNES FROM YOUR PART, after byuing such a costly machine customers are regularly facing the problems and manully washing this is totally inhumiliation. please look in the matter imideately.

Whirlpool / Fully Automatic Washing Machinewashing machine wobbles a lot while rinsing starts and stops

Hello,

We have bought Top loading, fully automatic Whirlpool washing machine. From last few months, it wobbles while rinsing starts and stops. We have to hold the machine tightly till it finishes the action so that it won't fell from the stand.

We laudged complaint for this in the month of Sept. Complaint number is : PN0909007508. Nothing happened after that for 15 days or so . When we called, the call center support representative told us that the complaint is closed.

No idea, how did this happen!!!

We again laudged another complaint on 3 rd Oct.09 - No. is : PN1009000839. Finally after 4-5 calls to support representative / call center executive, finally they sent a junior guy who was so arrogant that he started quarrelling with us as soon as he just saw machine. He was told the PCB is dead. We even don't know what a PCB means ( being an Engineer, i thought it is the a electronic circuit board, but I was wrong : Its the display on machine ) ... So, his point was : we complained as the PCB is dead. he stated arguing with us and pointing out fingers at me. What a representative sent by Whirlpool ...

He was miscommunicated by call center rep or he mistakenly mixed 2 different customers' problems. We don't know ... But he was so arrogant, he left home saying will come again to fix this problem.

Till date neither he has come, nor support guys have replied . Now, this complaint again is closed on their own. We came to know again after when we tried to reach support people. They assured us, they will send some one senior from the team.

I don't know what CRM software do they use which closes the complaints automatically without resolving problems and how they use / misuse their internal communications!

I don't expect such a service from such a renowned brand like Whirlpool. Instead of paying Lakhs of Rs to the brand ambassador for marketing and sales, i request whirlpool team to take care of their existing customers first and resolve issues. It definitely adds value to your existing customers + new customers acquisition.

Its almost more than 2 months from the date of laudging first complaint. We have not seen any positive ( ? ) response other than call center executive saying, please laudge the complaint for just one more time... For how many days should we expect same reply and no resolution of the problem!!!

Best Regards,
                              Snehal.
                              [protected].

Whirlpool / Refregeretor Model11642clxplus4sdoor key is missing from new consignment received on 01/11/09

Purchased one new refregeretor from Metro Cash &carry, kolkata. on 01/11/09
                                The product Code is 11642CLXPLUS4S; Sl.No.INA093106443 on opening the covered packaging the Door key was not found.
                                Please provide the missing item

Ranjana

• Ra
                                    Ranjana Guha Nov 01, 2009

I believe in best services received so far my washing machine is concerned, now also as a new purchaser of refregeretor intend to get best service from whirlpool customer care

ranjana guha
                                    [protected]

Whirlpoolcustomer service lousy

Hi, I have bought my Whirlpool 'ice magic' 460L double door refrigerator in March 2005. The customer service is really sloppy. On Saturday Oct 24th we noticed that the refrigerator has stopped cooling spoiling our milk. We lodged a complaint via [protected]. The complaint number is 14545. the problem was supposed to fixed in 3 hours but nobody shows until after 48 hours. We are given few numbers to contact in the mean time which are all fruitless. The person comes checks on Monday Oct 26th at 3PM, says the freezer is working and I should check for 2 more days. I refused since 2 days have crossed since I lodged complaint and nothing better has happened but all my curds soured up. The milk spoils and curd sours again. I had to move my green vegetables to relatives fridge in another building. This service person says he will let his supervisor know and they will send somebody to clean some gas pipe. I don't understand, the service man who comes are not equipped to fix is it? How many people will evaluate before somebody actually fixes my problem. If the service person is not capable of fixing all issues why are you sending him? to harass customers further? Not at all happy with Whirlpool service. Will not recommend their products and will not buy their products in future.
                                  Similar problem happened in Feb 2009 and replaced a bimetal- 455 part for Rs. 2000 + /-.
                                  Thanks