Menu

complaints

Dan Marc Complaints Summary

15 Resolved
0 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Dan Marc's perfect complaints resolution rate, you can expect exemplary service. However, it's beneficial to read beyond the numbers. Explore detailed customer reviews to understand the context behind their success. Familiarize yourself with the full range of services offered by Dan Marc and prepare clear communication for any interactions. Keeping a personal record of your dealings will help you navigate their services effectively and ensure your satisfaction with their performance.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Dan Marc has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Dan Marc. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Dan Marc complaints 15

Sort by:

Newest Dan Marc complaints

Dan Marc has left an official reply on this complaint.

Dan Marc Purchased a Maytag Washing Machine from *** (*** on 28 August delivered in September

Purchased a Maytag Washing Machine from *** (*** on 28 August delivered in September. Machine failed in December . Dan Marc technician showed-up, jiggle some wire and declared machine fixed. Problem returned 2-days later. Technician was supposed to come and repair, never bothered to show-up. Part was supposed to have been ordered. Called Dan Marc 8 January to get up date - was informed Dan Marc does not know when part (if ever) will be in stock) -- this is a new machine unable to get repaired. Called Lowes, they do not care about servicing a machine they sold. Called Maytag and unable to ever get anybody on phone after 3+ hour wait on hold

Read full review of Dan Marc and 2 comments

2 comments
S. Rogahn
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I completed an diagnostics and received repair service in November. Everything was paid in full.In August the part that was damaged the first time(11/19) had been damaged again,I was demanded to complete another diagnostics as well as pay for it in August I advised the rep and supervisor i would only like to pay for the part that is damaged and the service to complete the job. I do not want another diagnostics completed.my request was denied and service refused.

M. Turner
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Did not fix my problem. Left without checking if it was fixed, Not returning phones calls .Also but a hole in wall.

Dan Marc I purchased a Maytag dryer 11/28

I purchased a Maytag dryer 11/28. When I use the Sensor Dry setting dryer does not get hot. Dryer works if you use the Timed Dryer setting. I contacted Whirlpool to get the dryer repaired under warranty. On 9/23, a very nice Dan Mark tech came to repair the dryer. He ordered a part and said he would be back in 2 weeks to install the part. He came back approximately 10/8 to install the part. The dryer was working fine until 12/1. Dryer does not get hot if I use the Sensor Dry setting. Dan Mark refuses to come back to fix the same issue since the dryer is no longer under warranty by Whirlpool. That would be an understandable response if it was a different issue. This is the same issue that was repaired on 10/8. Dan Mark needs to warranty the repair that they completed.

Dan Marc has left an official reply on this complaint.

Dan Marc We renovated our kitchen in 2018 and bout several appliance from Jenn-Air

We renovated our kitchen in 2018 and bout several appliance from Jenn-Air. Since October , the light in the fridge kept going out. The third party (Dan Marc Appliances) technician came by to fix it 4 times in the span of 3 months. Finally, Jenn-Air said they would have to replace the fridge. After waiting 3 months for the fridge to be delivered, the installers from Dan Marc attempted to install it but the fridge door wouldn't close! I called the Dan Marc (Spoke to the manager who was not helpful) several times and the first appointment they had available was 1.5 weeks later. I called Jenn-Air and they said I have to deal with the Dan Marc's installers instead of them! Once the technician from Dan Marc came out today [protected]), he said he could not fix the door and it is an installation problem and that I would have to get the installers back! the ping pong game started and I still do not have a fridge door that closes properly!

Read full review of Dan Marc and 1 comment

1 comment
M. Emmerich
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I called Dan Marc Appliance and they sent a technician to fix my refrigerator light. My freezer light was replaced and it worked momentarily, I was billed in full. 10 minutes after the technician left my refrigerator and freezer both had no light. I called the technician and he said he would reach out to troubleshooting. He called me back and spoke to my wife and I, stating that the refrigerator had 2 lights and the freezer had a light as well. One light was the fresh foods light that needed to be replaced, I paid $300 and my issue was not resolved. I want a full refund of the price I was billed for a service that was not rendered. Thank you

Is Dan Marc legit?

Our verdict: Dan Marc has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Dan Marc's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Dan Marc can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Dan Marc earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Dan Marc achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

Dan Marc resolved 100% of 15 negative reviews, its exceptional achievement and a clear indication of the company's unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction. It would suggest that the company has invested heavily in customer service resources, training, and infrastructure, as well as developed an effective complaint resolution process that prioritizes customer concerns.

Danmarcappliance.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Dan Marc website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Danmarcappliance.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Danmarcappliance.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from Dan Marc.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• The website belonging to Dan Marc has a low number of visitors, which could be a red flag for users. However, it's important to conduct additional research to fully evaluate the website's legitimacy and trustworthiness.
Dan Marc has left an official reply on this complaint.

Dan Marc I made an appointment to have my Kitchen Aid BBQ serviced with Dan Marc Appliance on June 10

I made an appointment to have my Kitchen Aid BBQ serviced with Dan Marc Appliance on June 10. Prior to the appointment I submitted the requested information to them about the appliance through the Kitchen Aid Website, such as Model # and Serial # of the BBQ. This was also requested by Dan Marc Appliance on 6/2 prior to sending the technician to my home. I was appalled that when the technician came to my home he would not service the BBQ, because according to him he could not pull up the Model or Serial # of the appliance. If the appliance could not be serviced then why was I not informed prior to the appointment when they called me to confirm all required information about the appliance!? I've sent two emails to Dan Marc Appliance and contacted them directly and have not gotten a straight answer from them. This is bad practice on their part and they are now trying to collect $128.42 from me for a service that was never provided!

Read full review of Dan Marc and 1 comment

1 comment
C. Kuphal
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dan Marc Appliance wants to charge me twice for a service call/diagnosis in order to make the repair on my Maytag stove. I have already paid them $128.00 on August 28 when they came to see what the problem was with the stove burner but the stove functioned normally when the technician visited and therefore I didn't proceed with the repair. The same problem began occurring again and in addition to paying for the part and labor they want to charge me again for another service/diagnostic call which would be an additional $128.00. This is extremely unfair and the entire job would cost about $500.00.

Dan Marc has left an official reply on this complaint.

Dan Marc I have a Whirlpool refrigerator that is covered by a service plan with AIG, with whom Dan M*** appliance is affiliated and who does the repair

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator that is covered by a service plan with AIG, with whom Dan M appliance is affiliated and who does the repair work under the service plan. Initially AIG said the repair was not covered by the plan, but eventually agreed to cover the repair. They sent Dan M appliance who came and said the door could not be fixed and turned around and walked out of the house, without even removing the door. We complained to AIAG and they sent a different person from Dan M. Same thing. He said he could not repair the door without removing the door to look at it. We then called in *** Home Services. They came, took off the door to examine it, and installed a $5.48 part (door cam) in under 15 minutes, and that completely fixed the problem. With trip charge and labor, *** charged $258.30 in total. This should have cost nothing under the service plan if Dan M chose to try to fix it. They call themselves Whirlpool experts.

G
Dan Marc has left an official reply on this complaint.

Dan Marc I bought a brand new Maytag washing machine last year and it only work for 6 months

I bought a brand new Maytag washing machine last year and it only work for 6 months. Maytag has a contract with Dan Marc and they provide services for their appliances. Last March my washing machine stop working, Dan Marc send a repairman and diagnose the machine. According to him no repair is needed. After he left the washing machine still not working. Contacted them and he cameback after a week then he concluded that he need to replace rotor and has to order parts. 4 weeks passed by he replaced the rotor and washing machine still not working. After 2 weeks he came to diagnosed the machine again and told me he needed to replace drum and will order parts. After many weeks received an email from Dan Marc that the parts already arrived. Then cameback the same repairman and told me he didn't say that the drum is the problem instead it's the control and valve are the problem and has to order pparts. From March to July this people still can't fix my washing machine.

Dan Marc has left an official reply on this complaint.

Dan Marc DM's service tech did not remediate my issue, gave no information on a pathway forward, and damaged my property

DM's service tech did not remediate my issue, gave no information on a pathway forward, and damaged my property. He inspected the unit and said it was functioning properly. He looked at the exhaust and verbally noted that the unit is incorrectly mounted. He used a power drill and tried to unscrew it but ultimately didn't. He then shook the unit & duct around and told me he is uncertain of the exhaust. He then closed the cabinet and told me the unit is functioning as intended. He called Whirlpool to explain the paper towel test he performed and did not mention the improper install. He then repeated that the unit is fine. I called DM while he was still at my apartment, and he cleaned up and left while I was on hold. The report has no information about improper install and said I refused to pay. I have now spoken to Whirlpool who agrees this service was not up to the contract standards they expect. Whirlpool said it would investigate and advised me to reach out to DM to cancel any bill.

N
Dan Marc has left an official reply on this complaint.

Dan Marc Dan Marc Appliance was supposed to come and fix my Maytag washing machine on August 7

Dan Marc Appliance was supposed to come and fix my Maytag washing machine on August 7. I scheduled the appointment through Maytag on July 30 and spoke to them directly on that date as well stating that I wanted the service done and to please order the necessary part. When the technician showed up, he did not have the part nor had it been ordered. The part was ordered and delivered to my home on August 13. I called Dan Marc to let them know that the part was delivered to me and they could finally schedule the appointment. I was told the appointment was for Tuesday August 18 as that was the earliest they could fit me. I called today to find out why I hadn't received a confirmation for my appointment and was told that the appointment was for August 25. Every time I called Dan Marc I was hung up on or told incorrect information. When I would ask to speak to a supervisor they were either in a meeting or out to lunch. There was never any kind of apology for the amount of my time wasted or any inconvenience they caused me.

R
Dan Marc has left an official reply on this complaint.

Dan Marc Job # *** - Kitchen Aid Blender repair I provided the relevant information on the blender model in a form to Dan Marc prior to the

Job # *** - Kitchen Aid Blender repair I provided the relevant information on the blender model in a form to Dan Marc prior to the appointment and only received a robo call to confirm the appointment and a reminder right before the day of. The technician that arrived did not even know the service call was for a blender, he stated himself that someone should have called me before the appointment. I come to find out during the appointment due to my ended warranty and parts that need to be replaced, I would have just been better off buying a new blender. What a garbage way of running a business. Had a human person called me in advance of this service call nobody's time would have been wasted. The email you provided with pricing in confirming my appointment had incredibly vague language that did not denote my payment obligation regardless of the service outcome. I did not sign any agreement or contract saying that I would make payment to your company regardless of the service outcome. You didn't provide 'service' you just wasted my time and your time by not following through and verifying the needs of the service call.

N

Dan Marc Purchased in 2018 a MAYTAG laundry washer from *** Jan

Purchased in 2018 a MAYTAG laundry washer from *** Jan. 8, 2021 I called MAYTAG for washer not starting. Service person from Dan-Marc Appliances appears on behalf of MAYTAG the following week. I was told fixed the problem & washer should start. After service person left, I loaded the washer and IT DID NOT START. I immediately contacted MAYTAG and DAN-MARC Appliance and both said new 'parts' are ordered and arrive 7-10 days. And, I was not told exactly what the 'parts' are. Today Jan. 26th I called MAYTAG and they say for me to call *** insurance tel: *** find out how much longer to wait. FYI, We had purchased appliance insurance with *** and is due to expire in Feb. 2022. Well, 1st time, waited 60minutes & got cut off; 2nd time, waited 2hours a voice came on & immediately hung up on me. Today Jan 26th I also recalled DAN-MARC tel *** and they said it may take another 1 or 2 weeks for new parts. This runaround is not fair. I need my 2 year old washer to work now! I and my family are essential workers. We need clean clothing for our jobs! As well as can't afford the time and cost of laundry mats any longer.

Dan Marc has left an official reply on this complaint.

Dan Marc I strongly disagree with their failure to be forthright with minimum service fees

I strongly disagree with their failure to be forthright with minimum service fees. I had booked appliance service through Whirlpool. Whirlpool contracted Dan Marc Appliance to provide said service. They called to confirm an appointment time however failed to disclose the $125 minimum service fee for the technician visit. Unaware of the exorbitant fee I confirmed the appointment. Had I known, I would have never used their service. The service lasted less than 5 minutes and was only then told of the cost. Seeing the shock on my face, the service technician asked me I was informed of the cost ahead of time, as is industry practice. He told me I could call the main office to dispute. I called to explain how I never previously agreed to the cost, if I did, I would not have maintained the appointment, and would dispute the charges. Rather than admitting their mistake and reducing/cancelling the charges, the woman in the main office said I would need to pay. She said it was Whirlpool's fault for not disclosing costs - even though Dan Marc Appliance is the contractor. Dan Marc Appliance's failure to inform the client of such a high minimum cost prior to performing the service, or lack thereof, is an appalling business practice.

Dan Marc has left an official reply on this complaint.

Dan Marc Hello, The fundamental problem I have with this organization is that they took payment from me for a repair they did not fix

Hello, The fundamental problem I have with this organization is that they took payment from me for a repair they did not fix. Dan Marc, appliances visited my house multiple times ( I believe 3 times), the first two times they instructed me that they had fixed the issues and needed to wait for parts. After the last visit, they told me that the issue was caused by a third party device I have in my unit. Again, this was told to me after several weeks of them coming back and forth to the house. To be very clear, the third party device they mentioned had been present in the unit the entire time. To provide additional context, my machine was displaying an error code (F70), which per Dan Marc's analysis was due to a faulty board. According to Dan Marc, they would need to order a new board and replace it. The item was ordered and when arrived a technician removed the old board and replaced it with the new one (this is when they charged me and asked for payment). He then told me the machine was working, It worked for a day or so, and then stopped working. This same process was repeated with new parts and other elements they said were faulty, and then on the final visit the technician told me it could not be fixed due to the third party device. I don't believe they used the parts to fix my machine, but rather racked up charges just so I would pay and then blamed it on the third party device. To resolve this issue I first emailed their company, after no response I called a few times and left messages. I finally spoke to the regional manager in charge of the territory my house is in. Her name was Diane. Not only did she refused to even listen to my complaint she was rude and dismissive. She cut me off and would not let me explain the issue. She told me "it doesn't matter what I say, its not a debate, she is aware of the device i have in my machine and will not be discussing this any further"

Dan Marc has left an official reply on this complaint.

Dan Marc In September, we purchased a Maytag washing machine with an extended warranty from *** in ***, NJ

In September, we purchased a Maytag washing machine with an extended warranty from *** in ***, NJ. In early March, the agitator in the center of the drum broke into 2 pieces destroying the entire load of clothing that was in the machine and making the machine unusable. In the machine were 2 mens sweatshirts, 2 pair of men's pants, and 5 small articles of children's clothing. I called *** who directed me to Maytag, who directed me to Dan Marc for servicing the machine. The service date was scheduled for a week after I made the service call. The gentleman from Dan Marc looked at the machine and said it needed a new agitator which would take 2 weeks for to come in be installed. Two weeks later, I had not heard form anyone so I called Dan Marc who told me they had not received the piece and that I should call Maytag if I had any concerns. I called Maytag again and they informed me that Dan Marc indeed received the agitator but needed a cap for it before they could install it. Maytag also informed me that they are searching for that particular piece and would have it shipped to me instead of Dan Marc. Once I received the piece, I would then have to call Dan Marc and have them schedule me for an appointment to have the washing machine piece replaced. She also informed me that this search would take at minimum 21 days. I informed Maytag that I did not feel this was acceptable. I have been without a washing machine for over 3 weeks which leaves me with with no other alternative then to go to the laundromat. I spend approximately $50 each time I visit the laundromat. If indeed I must continue to wait all this time, I will have spent more than what the washing machine is even worth just on laundromat expenses. There are a total of 5 people living in my house inclusive of 3 small children, so youcan imagine how much laundry accumulates in 1 week. She told me that unfortunately there wasn't much that she could do.

B
Dan Marc has left an official reply on this complaint.

Dan Marc the tech was hired by Whirlpool to diagnose only for them from the smoke/electrical issue the dishwasher had

the tech was hired by Whirlpool to diagnose only for them from the smoke/electrical issue the dishwasher had. I with handtool only installed myself the control panal and it was working well for 4 times but I wanted co to know for other people's safety. He undid all the door panal screws with a power tool with a lot of torque to look at it. When he put the screws back he didn't line up the screws well, the front panal was a little tilted to one side and had too large a cap to the control button area. From one direction in the front it wasn't flush. I asked him to hold the metal peices together well and reassemble it so it would be as he found it. Which he did. I am a technician in a different field and have similar skills. Now it looked good. The dishwasher has been working fine for me , however several days later when installing flooring myself I found one of the panal screws under the dishwasher. I didn't have my tool with me so I put it in the hole w/ my fingers. It was not very tight. I was shocked that he would leave one screw out! Last night there was water on the floor under the front area of my dishwasher and as part of the trouble shooting process the first thing you do is to tighten the screws. I discovered to my horror that it was massively stripped! I went to test the next screw, it was stripped also, a little less and after testing each panal screw, there are a total of 5 stripped screws including one of the 2 screws in the top middle which are typically a different length. I now cannot use the dishwasher and finish my troubleshooting work till all my screws are either replaced with a thicker screw or my parts replaced so the same screw will hold. If you feel the other screws, they are tight. This door is not a door that has sustained a lot of repair. I am the only person to ever replace my control which I have. I am intimately familiar with its tightness. I am disappointed that he did not assemble it correctly the first time w/ care.

Dan Marc has left an official reply on this complaint.

Dan Marc Dan Marc Appliance delivered a KitchenAid refrigerator to my home on 8/15

Dan Marc Appliance delivered a KitchenAid refrigerator to my home on 8/15. Two technicians removed the doors to the refrigerator and proceeded to carry the refrigerator indoors, one holding the upper end and the other holding the lower end. As the men were carrying the refrigerator inside, the one supporting the lower end dropped it creating a loud thud which startled me. The men proceeded to install the refrigerator but I quickly realized that a custom made quartz saddle near the entrance was damaged by the force of the refrigerator base which hit it when dropped. I immediately brought the damage to the attention of the technicians and one of them took one or more pictures of the damage using his cell phone and advised me to obtain an estimate for the replacement. That same day, I contacted the original fabricator on the custom Silestone quartz saddle and quickly obtained and a written estimate for the replacement in the amount of $565. First thing the following Monday morning (August 17), I called Dan Marc Appliance and spoke with a few representatives and finally spoke with one in particular who asked that I send my estimate across which I did. I followed up with Dan Marc Appliance on 9/2 regarding the status of a check to be issued to cover the cost of the saddle replacement. Dan Marc responded that they would remind the tech to call me. Two days later on September 4, I reached out out to Dan Marc again advising that the technician had not contacted me and and reiterating the events that had occurred. Dan Marc simply responded that they would remind the tech again. On 9/9, I reached out to Dan Marc yet again resending the estimate and inquiring about the status of my reimbursement. The next day, Dan Marc simply responded that they would remind the tech again and this time would even include a paper note in his work orders. Still no call from the tech. I called Dan Marc on 9/18 and again was told the tech would be reminded to call me.

Overview of Dan Marc customer experience

Dan Marc has been the subject of numerous consumer complaints. The company has a reputation for poor customer service, delayed repairs, and low-quality work. Many customers have reported that their appliances were not fixed properly, and they had to call the company back repeatedly for additional repairs. Dan Marc's technicians have been accused of being unprofessional and failing to communicate with customers about the status of their repairs. In addition, the company's prices are considered to be high compared to other repair companies. Overall, Dan Marc has a significant do better when it comes to customer satisfaction and quality of service.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Dan Marc contacts