Whirlpool India / poor performance of ac

Gurgaon – 122002
Haryana

Subject- Extreme Dissatisfaction due to Poor Performance of Air Conditioner
Dear Sir,
1. I, Mr Saurabh Priya Singh have been an existing customer of Whirpool India as I bought a H- 65 Washing Machine and a 410 litre Professional series Fridge for my home last year. I work as a Vice President- New Business Initiatives for international Oil & Gas major at Gurgaon.
2. My current ordeal started this month on 22nd April when I decided to buy a 1.5 Tonne Window AC- Platinum model from Whirpool( Invoice No- [protected] dated 25th Apr 2008).
3. I, made a payment of Rs 19150/- via a Bank Draft drawn on ABN AMRO Bank and delivered it personally to your office to Ms Sapna Lohani- Institutional Sales after taking a clearance from her on the price and availability of the product.
4. Thereafter, on the same day evening I was informed that the particular model was not available in the stock and would take 24 hrs to fetch up. I agreed to this delay.
5. I again enquired on 24th Apr on the status of the delivery of my AC but was informed that it would be further delayed. I asked for a speedy delivery of the AC and was assured of the same at the earliest.
6. I again tried to contact Ms Sapna Lohani on 25th Apr for the delivery and she assured me that it would be delivered by 1800 hrs in the evening but since that did not happen and she was not available on the telephone and in the absence of any news of my AC proceeded to speak to your Call Centre on Telephone No- 011- [protected].
7. I narrated the whole issue to the Customer Executive on line but he expressed his inability to do anything on the matter and asked me to get in touch with whoever had assured me of the delivery of the AC to me. I asked him for his Seat number and full name which he declined to divulge. I asked him to get me to speak to the Shift Supervisor/ Manager in the absence of any resolution at his end. He declined that their was no one who could speak to me but after my repeated insistence he said that someone would call me back in 1 hr time. I insisted on speaking to someone right away and he then told me that I would get a call in ½ an hour.
8. I then got a call from Mr Manish- Manager, Call Center and I narrated the whole incident to him and asked for arranging the delivery of my AC immediately. I then got a call from the C& FA agent after 1 hour who told me that he would deliver the AC only on 26th Apr as their was a delay in their unloading the shipment on 25th Apr.
9. I asked for an immediate delivery as more than 96 hours had elapsed since I paid the money but all that I had been delivered were false assurances and at best indifferent attitude from all the people I interacted with in this time.
10. I then spoke to Ms Sapna Lohani and she said that it could only be delivered on 26th Apr but after a lot of persistence she agreed to a delivery on 25th Apr by 2100 hrs and a commitment that the same would be fitted at my residence on the following day by 1100 hrs.
11. The fitment did not happen as I had anticipated and I again had to call Ms Sapna and Mr Manish who informed me that the fitment would now happen by 1700 hrs that day. To me as a customer, I was deeply disappointed by this callous behavior but in the absence of any choice, requested that it may be done at the earliest.
12. The fitment was done at 1500 hrs and to my surprise and bewilderment, the AC after installation was having noise levels much above my expectations. The guys who were sent for the installation assured me that gradually the noise would settle down in a couple of days.
13. The noise did not settle down and since then I have tried calling the Customer Care No- 011-[protected] many times but have not been able to speak to anyone as there is a pre- recorded message that keeps playing stating that all the executives are busy and I should send a SMS on 58558 and somebody would get back to me.
14. Sir, no one has called me since and I am deeply anguished and exasperated by now. I feel that I have not bought an AC but have bought a problem. The AC continues to make too much of noise and I regret having bought it.
15. I do not expect this kind of a product and this kind of deficient and callous service from a company and brand like Whirpool. On my part, I proceeded to buy the Top of the Line Platinum AC in your product line- up in the hope of getting a world class product but what I have got instead is a product that has left me dejected, frustrated with a feeling of being short changed.
16. In the light of the above, I request you to kindly refund my money at the earliest as I no longer wish to have any dealings with Whirlpool or use its products that fall terribly short of any reasonable expectations of performance.

Keeping in view the above facts, I demand that this particular piece should be “Taken Back immediately and my Money Refunded” to maintain the reputation of the company as well as keeping a customer’s faith in Whirpool intact. I hope, we can settle the issue amicably and I shall not be compelled to take the matter further.

Yours truly,

(Saurabh Singh)
Mobile No- [protected]
Flat No- 1051, Skylark Society
Plot No-35, Sector- 6
Dwarka- 110075
Delhi

Comments

• Ta
      18th of Apr, 2009

Dear Customer Support
    Whirlpool India Limited
    New Delhi

This is regarding Complaint of Whirlpool AC 1.5 under Warranty. There was a
    cooling problem noted in the system and I had made complaint on 16th April
    09 vide complain no DL/040919489 (No reply against this complaint) Executive
    name Ms. Pooja. I have make innumerable request with Whirlpool Service
    Center but they provided no help. Again I have lodged fresh complain with
    Whirlpool Service Center vide complain no. DL/0409014596 on 17th April, 2009
    10:30AM Exicutive name Ms. Neha with Whirlpool Service Center, New Delhi and
    waiting for reliable support. I called up the call centre and had a word
    with Mr. Shiv Kumar and he assured us with assistance today itself.

I am really fed up now and I will appreciate if something could be done on
    this . A prompt service will be apprciated otherwise I will have to explore
    other grievence redressal methods.

Regards