Whirlpool / 2006 refrigerator
In July of 2006 I made the mistake of purchasing a houseful of whirlpool appliances from Lowes. The Cabrio washer (cost $900) stopped working a month ago (Sept 2010) - repair cost $600.
The side by side refrigerator stopped working yesterday, appears to be the compressor, a major repair on a part (compressor) that most reputable manufacturers warrant for five (5) years, not these guys. I am replacing both appliances after receiving no satisfaction from either Lowes or Kitchenaid (Whirlpool's parent hold company). It appears that both Lowes and this manufacturer are more interested in service and repair residual income on the poorly manufactured merchandise than on sales, I am telling everyone one I know and don't know (through this outlet) to stay clear of both businesses and their products. So, DON'T BUY WHIRLPOOL APPLIANCES, DON'T BUT KITCHEN AID PRODUCTS, DON'T PURCHASE FROM LOWES HOME STORE - MERCHANDISE IS SHODDY, SERVICE IS NON-EXISTENT.
More Whirlpool Complaints & Reviews
- Whirlpool Hot Water Heaters - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks! 
- Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerators - Model Gs6shexnl00 - electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall 
- Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 - defective clothes washers 
- Whirlpool India / Refrigerator - whirlpool refrigerator found defective! 
- Whirlpool - I hate this stupid thing 
- Whirlpool Corporation - oven glass/microwave glass/cabrio washing machine
- Whirlpool Corporation - washing machine
- Whirlpool - model umv1160cw-3 microwave
- Whirlpool Corporation - damaged product
- Whirlpool Corporation - dishwasher