Westborn Dodge Chrysler Jeep / Deposit Refund Refusal

1 23300 Michigan Ave Dearborn, Mi 48124Dearborn, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-295-7806

I visited Westborn Dodge to purchase a 2015 Charger. I gave a deposit for a vehicle, at that time I was told that my deposit would be refunded. I was not told that there were any stimulations on if my deposit would be refunded. I told the sales man what I wanted on my vehicle and he assured me that he could deliver. About a week later the vehicle came in, and to my surprise it was not the vehicle I asked for. I went to the dealership to get my deposit back and they are refusing to give me my money until the vehicle is sold. First of all, I will never know when the vehicle will be sold and I was never told that this may happen. Also, I've talked with the sales man (Scott) plenty of times, he never addressed me by my name EVER! I contacted another dealership and was told that this is against the law. I will never go back to Westborn Dodge and I suggest anyone looking for a vehicle to look elsewhere. It has been 2 weeks and I'm still going through processes on how to get my deposit back on a vehicle I never purchased or signed any papers for. This is the 3rd car I've purchased and the worse car buying experience I have encountered. The asst. sales manager was rude and the sales manager would not even come out of his office to address me or the situation.

Comments

• Ca
      10th of Jul, 2018

Did this ever get fixed?
    I am going threw the same issue.

• Lj
      11th of Jul, 2018

@Carol McCrudden It was resolved after 3 weeks. However, before that happened I had to contact channel 7 news (Call for Action), because I was going to put this whole thing on the news. Once someone from channel 7 contacted the sales manager from the dealership, I was then contacted by the asst. sales manager to come get my deposit back. I ended up purchasing a vehicle from a whole other dealership and driving it to Westborn to get my deposit back. My experience was over 3 years ago, and it’s a shame that they’re still doing this to people. Take this situation as far as you feel the need to. Good luck with everything!!