Wells Fargo / overdraft fees and pending transactions

1 11809 SHAWNEE MISSION PKWY, SHAWNEE, KS 66203Shawnee Mission, KS, United States Review updated:
Phone: 913-631-6600

This is the worst bank in my opinion. I went on vacation in early May 2011 (10th to the 17th). I had made sure I had enough money and did make a lot of purchases (most of it being food). The problem with this? Well, I had a lot of PENDING transactions. For each purchase I made though, the money had already come out of my account even though the transactions were pending. Now I have overdraft fees because Wells Fargo decided to take out MORE money for the transactions even though the money had came out previously while I was on vacation. Wells Fargo basically DOUBLED the price for each pending transaction. Say I bought something for $20.00. Wells Fargo would take out another $20.00. This bank is horrible. Not only that, but this bank owes me thousands of dollars which I officially have put in 3 complaints about through https://www.helpwithmybank.gov but they keep declining my request. If the bank associate hadn't illegally put my mother on my CD account making it a joint account with me, then my mother wouldn't have with drawn thousands of dollars. I was very well aware of what I told the bank associate to do and she said okay. But she didn't do what I asked her to do. For some reason the bank has on record of me signing something for a joint account with my mother which I did not do. I don't have any documents showing me and my mother having a joint account. I signed for my mother to be a BENEFICIARY which is completely different. I was told SPECIFICALLY that mother would not have any access to my money or be able to withdraw anything at all. I was lied to. I don't know how much better Bank of America is, but for the time being, I would rather put my money in the hands of Bank of America as opposed to dealing with Wells Fargo's crooked as*ses!

Comments

• Mo
      20th of May, 2011

I'd stay away from all the big banks, they're all pretty much the same. Try a credit union...there are county credit unions, teacher's credit unions, all sorts of them.

• Il
      23rd of May, 2011

A friend of mine also told me to try a credit union. I'll think about it though. I already opened an account with Bank Of America so I'll see how that works out and hopefully I have less issues. I wanted to open a bank account with Chase, but it seems Chase bank is in every other place BUT Kansas. The only global banks where I live is Wells Fargo and Bank Of America. I'm going to Wells Fargo today to close my account and complain until they reverse the overdraft fees that they posted to my account when I shouldn't have been overdrafted in the first place. Idiots.