Menu

reviews & complaints

SECU Credit Union Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
6 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with SECU Credit Union at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verify
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of SECU Credit Union. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

SECU Credit Union complaints 6

Sort by:

Newest SECU Credit Union reviews & complaints

C

SECU Credit Union Tabitha is extremely unpleasant

Tabitha is extremely unpleasant. She speaks rapidly and seems eager to engage in arguments with customers whenever there is an issue with the company's handling of my balance transfer. It's consistently problematic! The company should uphold its promises. I strongly urge them to hire customer service representatives who are more professional, refrain from sighing in customers' ears, and avoid seeking arguments.

K

SECU Credit Union SECU charged me a $125 fee for HELOC subordination

SECU charged me a $125 fee for HELOC subordination. When I contacted them to express my dissatisfaction, their representative responded stating that it was not possible to refund the money. Therefore, they have charged me twice and are now denying that they did so. Despite numerous attempts through calls and emails, I have not received a correction or a refund despite requesting it multiple times.

C

SECU Credit Union I had a car repossessed and my check was being garnished

I had a car repossessed and my check was being garnished. *At the time, my bank was Secu.They allowed the company that was garnishing my wages to put a hold on my account, *which prevented me from accessing my money.I currently have $700 sitting in my account, and I just want to withdraw my hard-earned money. *At this point, I no longer want to continue banking with SECU; I simply want my money and then they can close my account.I don't understand why they allowed this situation to happen. *I don't owe SECU; I owe the car company, so it's frustrating that they are not releasing my funds.

Hide full review

Is SECU Credit Union legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals SECU Credit Union as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, SECU Credit Union stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering SECU Credit Union should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

SECU Credit Union earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: SECU Credit Union achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

SECU Credit Union has registered the domain name for secumd.org for more than one year, which may indicate stability and longevity.

Secumd.org has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows SECU Credit Union website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Secumd.org has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Secumd.org you are considering visiting, which is associated with SECU Credit Union, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

SECU Credit Union website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While SECU Credit Union has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 6 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • SECU Credit Union protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

SECU Credit Union ALL REPORTED DATA MUST BE COMPLETE, ACCURATE, AND SUPPORTED BY EVIDENCE IF CHALLENGED

ALL REPORTED DATA MUST BE COMPLETE, ACCURATE, AND SUPPORTED BY EVIDENCE IF CHALLENGED. I DO NOT GRANT YOU THE AUTHORITY TO REPORT AGAINST ME WITHOUT ENSURING FULL COMPLIANCE WITH STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS. THEREFORE, I REQUEST THE IMMEDIATE DELETION OF YOUR ASSERTED CLAIMS AGAINST ME. ACCORDING TO COMMON LAW, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO DEMONSTRATE YOUR ABILITY AND WILLINGNESS TO THOROUGHLY VERIFY AND VALIDATE EACH AND EVERY ALLEGATION, WHETHER CHALLENGED OR NOT, THAT IS CURRENTLY LACKING PHYSICAL EVIDENCE OR PROOF.

N
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

SECU Credit Union On 11/2/2022, I visited a branch ATM after hours to deposit 13 checks

On 11/2/2022, I visited a branch ATM after hours to deposit 13 checks. However, after accepting all the checks, the ATM unexpectedly shut down without processing them or returning them to me. The following morning, I promptly visited the branch and provided them with all the necessary information regarding the deposit and the situation. They assured me that the "back office would investigate." Despite my consistent follow-ups almost every day, I have not received any updates, the deposit has not been credited to my account, and I have not been provided with any proof of the checks being processed, as I had requested. Therefore, I kindly request that the bank promptly resolve this issue by either returning the checks or providing me with photocopies of the checks from the transaction. Additionally, I expect the full amount of the deposit to be credited to my account within the next week. I am simply asking my bank to fulfill their most fundamental responsibility so that I can fulfill my financial obligations and pay my bills.

M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

SECU Credit Union SECU of MD has unlawfully added Collateral Protection Insurance (CPI) and disability coverage to my auto loan, resulting in charges of $3290

SECU of MD has unlawfully added Collateral Protection Insurance (CPI) and disability coverage to my auto loan, resulting in charges of $3290. I have been trying to resolve this issue with your office for over a month now. Initially, I visited a local branch and spoke with a representative who contacted SECU CPI directly. They reached out to my insurance company and resolved the matter, ensuring that SECU would reimburse me for the unjustified charges. However, SECU claims that they have not received any information from CPI. In order to clarify the situation, I personally contacted CPI and requested an acknowledgement stating that no further action is required and that they have processed my information for SECU's refund. Despite this, SECU continues to insist that they have not received the necessary information. It is evident that someone is not fulfilling their responsibilities. When I discussed this issue with an employee at the local branch, she informed me that such incidents occur frequently and that it is a tactic employed by SECU to wrongfully obtain funds. SECU has taken money from me through the implementation of Disbursement Force Placed CPI and Disbursement Disability, causing my car payment to increase by $300 overnight. These charges should not be included in my auto loan, and I am receiving no assistance in resolving this matter. This is a recurring practice by SECU of MD, as confirmed by one of their employees, to unlawfully acquire funds from their auto loan customers. I believe that this matter should be thoroughly investigated by the ComplaintsBoard.com, the Attorney General of MD, and the Maryland Banking Commission, as it constitutes bank fraud in its purest form. I possess all the emails and documents that demonstrate my numerous attempts to rectify this situation. SECU of MD is an appalling financial institution that should not be allowed to operate in Maryland.

Overview of SECU Credit Union customer experience

SECU Credit Union, as reported by numerous dissatisfied consumers, has been plagued with several issues. Customers have expressed concerns regarding the unresponsive customer service, with long wait times and difficulty in reaching a representative. Additionally, many have complained about the lack of transparency in fees and charges, leading to unexpected expenses. Another common grievance is the outdated online banking system, which is often reported as slow and unreliable. Furthermore, some customers have faced difficulties in resolving disputes and obtaining timely assistance. These recurring problems have left many feeling frustrated and dissatisfied with their experience at SECU Credit Union.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

SECU Credit Union contacts