Having problems with Wells Fargo?

1800 869 3557 (Customer Service)
+1 800 378 0575 (Portfolio by Wells Fargo)
+1 800 556 0605 (Express Send Service)
+1 800 626 9430 (Foreign Exchange)
+1 855 872 2932 (Military Banking)
+1 800 642 4720 (Credit Cards Account Management)
+1 925 825 7600 (International Collect Calls)
+1 800 932 6736 (Apply by Phone or Online)
+1 800 967 9521 (Application Status for Visa Credit Cards)
+1 877 514 3717 (Application Status for Propel American Express Cards)
+1 877 517 1358 (Redeem Rewards)
+1 800 869 3557 (Debit Cards)
+1 800 357 6675 (Home Mortgage Account Management)
+1 877 937 9357 (Home Buying and Refinancing)
+1 866 936 7272 (Mortgage Military Customer Service)
+1 866 820 9199 (Home Equity Account Management)
+1 800 289 8004 (Auto Loans)
+1 877 700 9345 (Auto Finance)
+1 800 378 5526 (Student Loans)
+1 877 315 7723 (Student Loan Consolidations)
+1 877 269 6056 (Personal Loans and Lines of Credit)
+1 800 946 2626 (Personal Lines of Credit)
+1 800 728 3123 (401(k) Retirement Plans)
+1 800 222 8222 (Individual Investors)
+1 888 877 9275 (Investment Professionals)
+1 866 765 0778 (Institutional Sales Professionals)
+1 866 281 7436 (Current IRA Customers)
+1 866 243 0931 (New Brokerage Customers)
+1 800 872 3377 (WellsTrade Online Brokerage)
+1 877 493 4727 (New IRAs and Rollovers)
+1 800 352 3705 (Trust and Managed Investments)
+1 888 715 0380 (Wells Fargo Private Bank)
+1 800 956 4442 (Wells Fargo Online)
420 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, North Carolina

Complaints & Reviews

chex systems

Wells Fargo told Chex Systems I owe them nearly $500. I do not owe Wells Fargo any amount of money and a banker at Wells Fargo confirmed this. The problem is they don't want to help me take the balance off of Chex Systems. Chex Systems is a bank reporting company that tracks people who owe banks money so that other banks won't do business with the person. I can't get an account with ANY bank because Wells Fargo doesn't want to contact Chex Systems to remove the negative balance notice. The banker at Wells told me to contact Chex Systems myself but that company doesn't take calls from consumers. Chex Systems is for banks not for consumers and I can't change anything with them because it's not a credit report where you can dispute stuff. Wells Fargo is leaving me stuck between a rock and a hard place with their beaurocracies and lack of trust because they don't want to right their mistake.
They also created an account for me on the fly, like they love to do, and NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT THE ACCOUNT BEING OPENED. Then "someone" made a transaction without me even knowing the account was open and put the account negative. WHO made the transaction. WElls fargo doesn't seem to care. I'm sick of broken machine Wells Fargo has become. You may like Wells Fargo if you bank there and they haven't screwed anything up on you yet, but don't worry, they will soon. Thanks!

• Kr
    Kristofer.d.jones Mar 03, 2011

We closed our account with wells fargo and it ended with a zero balance. NOT a negative and now we were told we are on chex system because of wells fargo, I have contacted legal help and will be suing as NO ONE has fixed the problem after NUMEROUS phone calls, letters and visits.

overdraft charges

Whatever you do; do not do business with Wachovia aka Wells Fargo Bank. After the Wachovia and Wells Fargo Merger instead of customer service getting better; it actually has gotten horrible. I called to find out what happened to my checking account and why I was charged an overdraft fee of $35.00. I basically was talked to by three men in the customer service department like I was trash. All three men I talked to on the telephone were loud, rude, and condescending to me. And when I tried to explain to the fourth representative what happened and that I wanted to file a complaint he basically tried to get sympathy from me by telling me how he gets treated by angry customers over the telephone! When I explained to him that each customer has to be handled on a case by case basis and that representatives can’t be mean to every customer on the phone because of a few bad apples, he hung up on me!

The Wachovia/Wells Fargo Bank has so many slick ways to get money out of the customer it is ridiculous. Even with recent laws on overdraft protection going into effect on August 16, 2010; they are still fleecing unsuspecting customers. But what the banks don’t realize is that they are losing customers by this treatment. Not only did I join this forum to file my complaints; but also to help people from being victimized by this bank the way I have been. Because the more knowledgeable we all become about their underhanded fee practices; the more likely we all are to take our business elsewhere.
Basically I was told that an automatic debit for $20.00 put me in the hole and triggered three more insufficient fund charges. It turns out that when I went online to check my account and make sure I could make some additional online charges; this $20.00 automatic debit which appeared to be withdrawn from my checking account already, actually wasn’t taken out of my checking account until the following day between midnight and 7:30am! And I only received this information after asking one of the rude service representatives what time they took this money out my account. He got an attitude and initially refused to tell me and then he told me the deal. Thank goodness he got upset and told me in a loud and rude manner; or I would have never discovered another slick way the banks fleece customers. After calling three more times I discovered that if I don't make a cash deposit by 2pm tomorrow, that I will be charged an additional $105.00 in overdraft fees. This would make it a total $140.00 in overdraft fees for a $20.00 automatic debit that appeared to be out of my checking account when I went online, but it actually wasn't. The other three charges in question would not get an Insufficient Funds Charge if Wachovia aka Wells Fargo had not back dated and charged me the $35.00 fee triggering three more insufficient charges.
I hope I am making myself clear because I am so upset right now, I could just scream.
What you should know when dealing with Wachovia/Wells Fargo Bank:

1. They will do anything to get a $35.00 fee from you. And when they are wrong you are lucky if they offer to credit you $18.00 of the fee back.

2. To find out the status of your account online or if you have a question about a particular item; you must call the 800 customer service number and find out if the item has been taken out of your account.

3. For some reason the men have been ruder and less helpful than the women I have experienced in person and over the telephone; so try to talk with a woman if you can.

4. If you account is in jeopardy of receiving an Insufficient Funds Fee; if you can get the money in by 2pm the next day you may be able to avoid it.

5. Charges in parenthesis ($32.00) denote that you are in the red and will soon be charged a $35.00 fee for each item in parenthesis if you don’t see the insufficient funds fee charged to your account.

6. Items that appear to have been posted to your account may not actually be taken out of your account until the following morning between midnight and 7:30am because it is on hold. So for example, you may see $125.00 on hold for Monday. You are assuming it is out of your account because the amount is reflected in your balance online. So say you have $500.00 in your checking account. You make a payment for $125.00 using your debit card. You see in the hold section that there is a hold for $125.00; and you see that your available balance is $350.00. Well the hold has not actually posted to your account yet until Tuesday between midnight and 7:30am. So if you have made charges or ATM cash debits before or after this $125.00 charge, you may not be in the black because of this deceptive practice. You have to actually call the 800 number and find out where you now stand with this $125.00 before you make another move on your account. So the conversation would go something like this. Hello I am checking on a debit I made for $125.00 and I want to know the status of this transaction. Is the $125.00 dollars posted to my account and if not when will it be? And while I have you on the phone I would like to check the status of some other items on hold and some other purchases I recently made. Then you give the service representative your recent transactions and find out the status on each one.

7. I also believe that every person should have a checking account with at least two banks, so you can pick and choose whom to deal with at any given moment. I am in the process of making PNC Bank my main banking account because I am tired of the rip off games of Wachovia/Wells Fargo. I am also looking into getting an account with TD Bank (formerly Commerce) because it appears they have continued to provide great excellent service to the customer as well as convenient access after the merger.

8. I will be back on this forum with more Tales of the numerous nightmares and indecencies I have suffered through with Wachovia/Wells Fargo Bank over the last year. I have only just begun. You will hear stories about a replacement ATM Card; a lying bank executive; and the run around you get when you try to file a complaint in-house with their Bank.

Good Luck and Watch Your Back with Wachovia/Wells Fargo Bank.

slynn1 Oct 12, 2010

Wells Fargo is well known for their outrageous overdraft fees, siphoning their clients fiances. I would close your account, and find a more reputable bank. I was never good at dealing with my fiances. I got a pre- paid card, and paid my bills with cash or money orders. Thus, I no longer deal with over draft charges anymore. Or, I can pay them with my pre-paid card online... When I go shopping with cash, and take a set amount, it helps me to only spend on what I need, and not to over splurge. It boggles my mind the amount that banks are making on overdraft! I, for one, am no longer going to feed that beast!

• At
    Atm765 Oct 12, 2010

You are assuming it is out of your account because the amount is reflected in your balance online...

Seriously how hard is it to keep a register? It's your responsibility to keep track of your finances... the banks don't need to be your personal babysitter...

slynn1 Oct 12, 2010

Over draft charges are a lot more than the few dollars I use to pay for a pre paid card, or cash. I realize that is a flaw I have, and I have done something to control myself. Let s say I am going to go grocery shopping, if I take fifty dollars that is how much I can spend. If I have a credit card/atm visa card, I can make an impulsive buy. I am impulsive, this way helps to control this. Not to mention, banks, make a lot of money on over draft charges. In some cases, such as Wells Fargo, many times their charges are unfair. They will charge you a fee if you get below a certain amount of money in your account, and than they start charging overdrafts after they have taken the account low balance fee. It is ridiculous what banks get away with. I realized after dealing with these issues I was not good at keeping track of my money, and thus found a way to help control my spending. If I want to save up for something, I give the money to my boyfriend who is great at saving money. When we get married, he will deal with the fiances, since I suck at it! : )

slynn1 Oct 12, 2010

Sometimes you have to realize your problems, and do whatever needs to be done to correct them. Most of the time, my impulse buys are for my kids, but then if you spoil kids to much, they don't have an appreciation for the money you do spend on them... I wish I had the control my boyfriend does! He can save money like nobodies business. That is why, I give him the money to save for the school I want to go for. That way, I cannot spend it, or anything else!~ : )

slynn1 Oct 12, 2010

The adds are really annoying! Can't we do anything to get rid of [email protected]!

• 1x
    1xcellentCPA Nov 12, 2010

For those that constantly remark to keep a check register, allow me to give you a little tid bit on just how the new Wells Fargo program has worked for me, a CPA that has NO problem keeping a register. Because of their merger, my automatic deposits and payments were not done correctly. I have had these items set up for 5 years. They withdrew the money 6 days before I had authorized it and then held my deposits for an additional 3. I have had very good credit for the past 10 years, and have NEVER had an overdraft. Because of THEIR unethical accounting practices, they tried to charge me almost $300 in overdraft fees. The poor, uneducated, and obviously unhappy, sales rep tried to give me the same song and dance about keeping up with my register. Then I pulled out my accountant badge from the firm I work for. I also pulled out my register and the past 6 months of my transaction schedules. I then told her that my check register is correct and that I knew how to run circles around little uneducated brats such as herself and I would gladly give her a lesson in personal finance in addition to customer service 101! My branch no longer has any of the original tellers and managers as before. I have 2 business accounts, 2 checking accounts, 2 savings accounts and a credit card through what is now Wells Fargo. Or at least I did until today. I am happy to say that I went down to my branch this morning completely dressed for success. Waited patiently for an hour and a half before I was seen by a branch manager and told her I wanted to close my accounts. She pulled up my information and asked which one I was closing. Her mouth fell open when I told her ALL of them. They did not have enough money in the bank to give me cash and so I was given a cashier's check which I promptly took to Sun Trust. Now if they treat upstanding and well educated financially stable customers this way, I could only imagine how they treat the hardworking, hand-to-mouth customers that are more abundant.

Seattle ripped off Nov 12, 2010

CANCEL YOUR CARD NOW! DO NOT WAIT! I MEAN IT! READ WHAT IS BEING WRITTEN BY THOUSANDS OF US! CANCEL IT NOW! I promise you, they WILL take more out later. They have to me. I'm in Seattle, Washington.

Seattle ripped off Nov 12, 2010

MY BANK SAID THAT IF ENOUGH OF US COMPLAIN THIS COMPANY CAN AND WILL GET IN TROUBLE BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO GET IN TROUBLE WITH VISA OR OTHER CREDITORS THEY HAVE TO USE. SO PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE PASS ON THE INFORMATION AND COMPLAIN! AND DON'T ORDER ANYMORE ONLINE PURCHASES LIKE THIS EVER! I'm so mad at myself for doing this!

• Rn
    RN jls Nov 14, 2010

Even when you read and understand the fine line of your banking contract with Wells Fargo they still manage to get there money. They will lie and keep lying about your accounts. We trust them to hold our hard earned money. And they do this to us. I do plan on leaving them. I have had enough. I am going to walk in the branch like the previous educated person and tell them to shut it down. It is too stressful to have to follow up on my bank account. I agree about managing your money, which I do quite well. But these fees are outrageous. Educated or non educated no one deserved to be ripped off.

• Ka
    Kawanis Nov 17, 2010

Sickandtiredlady,

I agree with you!!! I didn't have problems with Wachovia until it became Wells Fargo. The company has Very bogus charges and atrocious, ghastly customer service reps. I am a man and I spoke with a female customer service rep and she was so rude to me that it was imperative that I curse her out. That same day I opened an account with another bank and closed my account with them. It's one thing to take my money and I was at fault, but when you take my money because you feel you can and have an attitude about it, that's when I'm ready to F**k your world up!

And for those who say that we need to keep a check register I do, that’s how i know that the charges are bogus. So you guys can take the same cactus that I told the customer service rep to go F**K her self with and you all can take turns.

Sincerely,

Loyal Wachovia Customer since 2000

Comments

poor customer service

I am disappointed that your bank has recently terminated the personal banker that I have been using for the last several years. As I understand it, she was let go for a lack of new sales. Well, I am terminating my relationship with you for a lack of understanding that it is better to serve your existing customers than to obtain new sales.

Last summer my daughter's credit card was cancelled while she was in Honduras volunteering at an orphanage for five weeks. Her card was upgraded, automatically canceling her existing card. I contacted wells Fargo before she left the country to notify you that she would be out of the country for five weeks and where she would be. I was reassured that I took the right step contacting the bank beforehand. This debit card was the only way I could get money to my daughter.

When I was notified, in writing, that her card would be cancelled I called the 800 number and spoke to four different representatives and got two different alternating stories. It was an automatic upgrade or the card was compromised. Nobody could provide a through answer. I was switched from representative to representative. I never did get a straight answer. Nobody provided any customer service, except Carol Anderson my personal banker. She went the extra mile to arrange a wire transfer to a bank in Honduras so my daughter could get enough money to complete her stay and return home. She apologized that such a mix up could occur. Why would Wells Fargo upgrade a card when they had already been notified that the card hauler was going to be out of the country for five weeks?

Carol Anderson was the only reason I didn't cancel all my accounts at that time. Now you've gotten rid of the only person who was willing to help me during a crisis. If it is your attitude that customer service is secondary to obtaining new accounts, fine. Go get some new accounts, because I am canceling mine.

If yours is the type of bank that puts your bottom line before mine, then you're not the bank for me. One of the reasons I trusted in Wells Fargo was because Warren Buffet trusted in you. As a stockholder I'm writing Berkshire Hathaway to let them know that they should reconsider their investment in Wells Fargo, since the bank is cutting costs to spite its long term goals. If your only goal is to make money, good for you, but you make it from your customers and this isnt the type of service that pleases customers.

• In
    Ingrid Dec 16, 2008

Wells Fargo erroneously withdrew over $1, 000.00 from my account. On investigation they admitted it was their error. Despite this it still took them over 7 days to return my money. Their explanation - "It is our policy to take this loong to return your money, even though it was our mistake."

Joseph Brady Oct 14, 2009

You are right! They will take whatever they want out of your account at anytime and not apoligize if they make a mistake!!
    I recently lost my job and do you know that Wells Fargo is NOT willing to work with you on any level unless you have a job! Damn! can you believe that a company would rather have your vehicle than worry about working with you on your payment. At the same time the customer service rep I spoke with first was RUDE and down right UGLY!! Her name was SAMONE and she was NASTY! Is this any way to get a good rep of great customer service!!! They SUCK!!

Jay H60098 Mar 10, 2012

A good friend of mine worked at Wells Fargo. He was 62 and his wife had cancer. He kept working for the insurance, as he couldn't get medicare for a few more years. WF started the whole get sales, get sales which every business wants to do, but they were aggressive about it. They set limits on their employees called "getting solutions". The solutions were 140 per quarter. That's 140 new business deals, checking, savings, etc. to upgrade customers too. He didn't make it. Only had 110 solutions and was written up. Next quarter had 125 solutions. Didn't make it again and was written up. The next quarter made his quota. The next quarter was 6 short. He had been written up previously, so was terminated for not making goal. This was just plain wrong! No one would hire him due to his age. She was able to get treatment through some social services, but they go without any insurance now. When you go into WF and they hit you for upgrades, take them if you can. That person at the bank that you like depends on those solutions more than you know. I closed my account, and refuse to do business with WF again.

wells fargo breach's contract, then decietfully requests financial documents for a misleading & loan modification & they deny, then quick

On June 13, 2002 Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Breached our "Forebearance Agreement" dated Dec. 28, 2001, by stating in the agreement they will instruct our foreclosure councel to "suspend" foreclosure proceedings once the funds for partial reinstatement have been recieved. within 1 1/2hrs of our telephone conversation I made to them, as requested, a payment int the amount of $3, 000.00 at a nearby Western Union. Also, as decribed in the agreement thereafter a payment schedule. $1, 050.00 each month, on the 28th day of each month, beginning on January 28, 2002. each month until I was caught up from some prior past due payments. Only after I made the initial $3, 000.00 payment and the 1st month payment on January 28, 2002 on time, They sent to me (2) letters to notify me my loan is past Due. Then on a "Monthly Mortgage Statement" dated 02/21/02 Wells Fargo states that "Foreclosure preparation has begun to protect our interest in the property. If you wish to retain ownership in the property, the loan must be brought current immediately." Total amount of $5, 636.30 is due immediataly. The amount in which the Forebearance Agreement was set up. They had not kept to their obligation as they stated in the agreement! I contacted Wells Fargo and advised them they were wrong, and that they were violating our contract, and that they have no right to foreclose since I had not violated the terms of the agreement. I was told by a representative that they will contact their legal councel, and contact me back, after they have a solution. Since then, I had to call Wells Fargo several times and could not get a confirmation that foreclosure preparation had continued to be, as agreed to be, on suspense. Meanwhile, my payment due on February 28, 2002 had become late, since I was not recieving confirmation, and still waiting to hear back from Wells Fargo, confirming that they were not going to Breach our agreement.
Finally, after the several calls I made to Wells Fargo I was told they were not going to proceed with foreclosure, and they are continueing to suspend foreclosure. So, right at that time, I made the payment that I would have made on February 28, 2002, via telephone, in the amount of $1, 050.00, March 8, 2002. On March 11, 2002 I receive a "Notice of intent to change interest rate on adjustable rate Mortgage." I called Wells Fargo to clarify and notify me with my new interest adjusted payment amount that will need to be calculated and applied to the forebearance agreement. Wells Fargo began their deceitful practices by stalling once again, to conspire to forcing my payments to become past due. They said they will call back with that information, and stated besides my next payment wasn't due for another 2 weeks. They didnt call, so I called them the day before the payment due date. They said not to worry about the payment due tommarro, we are awaiting approval on a payment schedule that will suit your specific needs, we will call you when it is completed and we get it approved. They said nothing about a Loan Modification. (2) days later, dated April 1, 2002, I receive another Notice stating: "Our records indicate that your loan is in default. Unless the payments on your loan can be brought current by April 11, 2002", it will become nessesary to accelerate your Mortgage note." Once again, they want to foreclose while they stall by withholding information I needed in order to continue making an accurate payment required to keep my loan current. So I called Wells Fargo, they said they were sorry about that notice, not to worry, and that they have just sent me a letter with instructions to complete and mail or fax back, in regards to my adjusted payment. (4) days from that; I recieve a letter dated April 4, 2002 stating: "The financial difficulties that caused you to fall behind in your mortgage payments may be due to reasons beyond your control." Sounds like Wells Fargo is admitting to stalling by saying "reasons beyond my control." Besides, this is the only letter I recieved from them that states that! Coicidence, Maybe? This letter also request's that I complete a financial worksheet, and mail it back, along with a paystub. So I did. Then (4) days from that, on April 8, 2002, I receive another letter stating "Notice of Past due Payments. I cannot believe it. What in the world are they doing? I call Wells Fargo again, they say they never received my Financial worksheet, or paystub? They send me another letter on April 10, 2002 replying: "Based on our telephone conversation and the financial information you provided, we are considering a program that may assist you in curing the deliquency of your loan. They admit to recieving the financial information that I provided, but once again request for another Financial worksheet to complete and mail or Fax back, along with another paystub, and also a payment of $1, 321.00. I agreed to it, and I did what they requested, considering the fact that I had not yet made the last payment, which was caused by their delay to inform me. As I saw it, the $1, 321.00 should be applied as the payment that would have been due on March 28, 2002, the payment that they told me not to make since they were working on my paperwork with a new adjusted payment amount, and getting an approval. The remaining amount of $271.00 would be applied towards the time since the payment due date to the current day that they requested an amount, also taking into consideration that my new payment amount will decrease as the interest rate was a decrease. Like the prior payments I made to Wells Fargo; I made a the payment via telephone in the amount of $1, 321.00. I personally felt more comfortable making the payments directly to them to ensure payment is made timely, with no chance of delay by mail. I also returned the financial worksheet, and a recent paycheck stub to them, as requested. May 1, 2002, I recieve another letter from Wells Fargo stating: We have recieved your inquiry concerning your mortgage loan. In order to process your request for "Modification" the following information is needed: Proof of income. Please note: Not requesting another Financial worksheet, nor are they demanding the payment of $1, 321.00. This is because they had already recieved those requested items. At this point, I am getting the feeling that perhaps Wells Fargo is incompetant when receiving documents in the mail, or by fax. Why do they keep telling me that they have not received my financial worksheet or paystub as they do when I call them, and they request the information again in their next letters? Then I notice that in the letters following, and after being told on the phone that they have not recieved the documents, Wells Fargo admits to recieving the documents. They reply in their letters for example: "Based on our telephone conversation and the financial information you provided" and "We have recieved your inquiry concerning your mortgage loan" and " After reveiwing the information you provided." I guess I was being lied too.
Furthermore, I was not the one who was requesting a "Loan Modification." I was only asking Wells Fargo to "Adjust", my payment accordingly, to the interest rate change they notified me about. so I can be sure to apply an accurate amount to my mortgage payment that will cover all fees such as mortgage insurance, and taxes etc...
Seems like now, in the letter dated May 01, 2002 Wells Fargo wants to put the burden of requesting a "Modification", on me. Especially since in their next letter dated May 14, 2002 Wells Fargo states: "After reviewing the information you provided; we must advise you that your request for Modification has been denied for the following reason(s): "We are unable to come to a mutual agreement, regarding your request for a workout. See what I mean? They word it to sound like they were denying me. To seem like I put the burden on them, and not as it actually was when in their letter dated: April 10, 2002, they state: We are considering a program that may assist you in curing the deliquincy of your loan." They were denying their request for a the loan modification that they implimented into their plan to conspire against, to mislead a consumer into foreclosure, and take an unfair advantage over other public consumers to purchase the property at an auction sale that had been postponed one or more times, knowing that very little declaration of notice after being advertised in the local newspaper for the first date of sale is required. No other declaration of sale is required besides a new date and time to be left at the last place of appointed sale. Yes, Wells Fargo did become the purchaser of the property at a much discounted price consideringthat I had a little over $100, 000.00 equity in the property, after all the improvements I made.
Ten (10) days after the notice I recieved on May 14, 2002 stating that their "Modification" was "denied", Wells Fargo Home Mortgage forclosedon my property; May 24, 2002. I wasnt notified until when I received a notice of demand for possession, on June 13, 2002, (2) weeks after the sale held on May 24, 2002. I suppose they wanted to keep it from me so I wouldn't have a chance to stop it?
Which brings up another issue concerning the Notice of Trustee's Sale. Notice of Trustee's Sale was prepared, signed as the Successor Trustee, Notorized and acknowledged before a commissioned Notory by the State of Arizona, by an Attorney who was not appointed in writing, as required to be (A.R.S. 33-804 . Appointment of Successor Trustee by Benificiary), and knowing to be false, or forged, filed the document into the Office of the County Recorder (A.R.S. 333-420. False Documents; liability; special action; damages; violation; classification.) and after notifying his Law firm of the groundless forgery, material misstatement, the attorney refuses to correct.
My point is that since 2002 I have not been able to recover from a foreclosure that was wrong, along with a "Due Process" that was Fair. There is no agency that I could find that actually governs a Federal bank such as Wells Fargo, that will make them comply, besides the Attorney Generals Office. I am so tired of hearing from different agaencies: Our office cannot give you legal advise, or this office cannot represent you. You may wish to pursue this matter on your own or contact an Attorney for legal assistance. I have continued to pursue justice for the past eight yearsand havent given up, nor will I. "I cannot imagine a law that would allow for a statue of limitation to refuse my right to pursue justice, when Justice is not offered as a practical means to pursue" What I need is an Attorney who Knows and understands the Law enough to be confident in his abilities to seek the Justice as so deserved, and set the precidence for the many, I'm sure, thousands of consumers that have been wronged by top rated Mortgage Lenders that steal peoples houses and get away with it. I had the hardest time trying toretain a Defense Attorney. I had one in the beginning, until one day he calls me to meet with him at his office, and askes me: "Did you happen to go to the JUDGMENT HEARING? I replied "No", you have all the paperwork, you're supposed to tell me when to be, and where to be. Not the kind of question I thought an Attorney would ask? Then I attempted to retain two other Attorney's. One, seemed scared to represent against Wells Fargo, but it was probably for the best, since in 2008 he was barred for a list of complaints. The other Attorney put it to me straight, they way he felt. He said that it could be a long, drawn out process, that unfortunatly, could cost more than it was worth, and that he really didn' have the time right now to dedicate. Yes, I know that most Attorneys probably want to get in and settle as quick as possible, maybe not even go to court, so they get paid quickly, not a whole lot of ethical problems with that, but dont tell me, the possible client that it is because you dont think you will be able to resolve this matter quickly; that what you are actually telling me is that you are incompetant. I believe that is what he meant!! I ended up representing myself. Ha ha... never again!!! I filed a"Motion for Relief of Final Judgment." The Judge held my hearing in his chambers along with the plaintiff's Attorney via telephone. First the Judge said he did not have his paperwork, and asked me if I filed any? I replied "Yes" and I showed him my filed copy. He asked if he can read from my copy, so I gave it to him. He read the first half page, and said "that seems like a problem". Then asked the Attorney who was on the speakerphone if what he read was true? The Attorney replied "No". So the Judge then said he was denying my Motion, and besides that, he said, he didn't even have a copy of the Motion. I figure this is why the Judge held my hearing in his chambers. So nobody else, or a court room of people wouldn't be able to witness such an unjust hearing, unfair to one and supporting of another. Immediatly after the Hearing I spoke with the Judge's secretary and a representative at the County Clerks office. Come to find out the Judges secretary had my paperwork on her desk. The Clerk and I asked the secretary to go expain this to the judge, and see if he will hear the case again, under the circumstances. I stood outside the doorway as she asked. I heard the judge yell out "No, I have already denied it, so it is Denied." I am still not sure how he saw a problem I described in my affidavit, and a simple 'No" from the Plaintiff changed his mind. He has not even given a reason for denial to the County Clerks office.
So how are people facing forclosure supposed to recover from a wrongful or misdocumented foreclosure? Perhaps Mortgage lenders will continue to mislead them into believing the lender is doing everything possible to work with them to resolve matters, and by misrepresenting the facts, tell them that they are considering a program that may suit their specific needs, such as a decietful loan "Modification" that will be worked out to prevent the consumer from losing their home. Then after fraudulantly misplacing documents, and requesting them time after time; when they had them the whole time, and admit to it. Notify them the Modification that the consumer requested was denied, even after they stated "they will obtain investor approval" and finally, a reason of denial such as the one they gave me: "We are unable to come to a mutual Agreement". Whatever that means is beyond me? Then they can quickly Foreclose (10) days later. and let them know about it in a letter about (2) weeks after that. By the way, Wells Fargo sold my property to themselves for $85, 532.00. I drove past the property less than 6 month after and noticed a "For Sale" sign. Asking price was $225, 000.00. Somebody was gonna make a nice profit off me, wouldn't you say? Then in August 2005 the property was sold again for $201, 900.00.

Seamus Oreily Apr 22, 2011

We are having the same problem with Wells Fargo as everybody else, say they will but they dont, why sell a house at a loss instead of letting the homeowner stay with a roof over his head and repay the monies although the value has dropped by 50%, I would have thought it is a no brainer

fraud in helping with loan modifications!

This company is a joke! I've been faithfully trying to get a loan modification through wells fargo/hamp...

unapplied payments

My house has been sent to forclosure and they had not try to contact me on this matter. I just got off the...

unauthorized withdrawls

My husband has a loan on his truck that was with Wachovia. Wells Fargo bought out Wachovia so now it is with Wells Fargo. We have struggled to keep up with payments because my husband has been unemployed for 2 years now, but we never fell more than 45 days behind until recently. We were a little over 60 days behind. They called my husband and asked when he would be able to make a payment. He said he didn't know and he would have to talk to his wife (me). He told them we would call back and let them know when we were sending a payment and how much. They really pressured him to tell them when he would make a payment and to authorize an automatic payment. You all know how that goes with any creditor. I handle ALL the financial matters in our family. He literally doesn't even have a bank account and is not on mine (he constantly overdrafts so I made him 'cash only') so legally he can't authorize any automatic payments. However, I have made online payments to Wells Fargo for his loan so they had my account information. Two days after they called, my husband received an automatic withdrawl notice for $600 + $10 fee. HE NEVER AUTHORIZED IT!!! I had the money in the account and it was behind so I just let it go. They took out $660. $60 MORE than what they notified us of!!! THey have locked us out of our online account access also so I can't even see if they applied the full $650. A week later we got another notice of automatic withdrawl of $260. We received this notice one day before the withdrawl was to take place. My husband called them right away. THey said they were going to get an account manager and put him on hold. He was on hold for about 3 minutes when he was returned to the main menu and told the offices were now closed. I called my bank in the morning and put a stop payment on all Wells Fargo transactions. Of course that costs $25...

I just want to also comment that my husband has tried several times to have me authorized on the account. First they said all he needed to do was give autorization over the phone and I would be able to call to handle his account. So he gave autorization. I called and they screamed at me saying I wasn't authorized and hung up on me. My husband called again. This time they said he had to write a letter to authorize me. He did that. I wasn't authorized when I called...and was yelled at and hung up on. He called again, this time he was told it had to be a specific form and had to be notirized. They sent the form, he filled it out and had it notorized. I put it in the mail. I still wasn't authorized when I called...and was yelled at and hung up on. We've given up on that.

hamp/loan modification fraud!

I am a victim of Wells Fargo’s Loan Modification scam (HAMP) September 27th, 2010: In the summer of...

credit card department

Wells Fargo's credit card department has horrible customer service. They tell you one thing then do another. When you call to sort things out they tell you that "you need to be educated on how to use a credit card". Well I have two mortgages with your company, a credit score over 800, and a six figure income. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing.

I asked to speak with a manager and was told "she's just going to tell you the same thing". Sure enough, she was hostile from the beginning. I explained to her that my complaint was that they promised me one thing, but then did another and she just ignored it and said they were right. When I said she was wrong and that they shouldn't treat customers this way she said "oh excuse me, I guess you know the rules better than us employees". Her attitude towards customers was unbelievable and is the reason I will not be using Wells Fargo in the future. Her name is Michelle Bradford and I am filing an official complaint with the appropriate agencies in California.

I had similar instances of employees mouthing off to me when I first opened my account, the only reason I went through with it was that they promise to pay 1% of your credit purchases back by paying down your mortgage principal. It sounds like a great deal, but not worth their attitudes.

bad practices

I brought in a cashier's check (wage) to cash. I asked specifically if the check went through and the money I withdrew came from the check. The teller said yes. The manager said yes. I asked again to verify since this check was my pay for a part-time job and donation and was my first time getting a cashier's check. They knew this. After withdrawing the money and wiring part of the money to on behalf of my employer as a donation, four days later my ATM was frozen. I didn't know why. After endless phone calls and visits, they said the check was a fraud. I was banned from their banks. All accounts were frozen and my savings emptied to cover the cashier's check. I filed a police report because of the scam. I asked Wells Fargo why they stated that the money went through and gave me the assurance that the check went through. They said they were not trained to tell the difference between fakes and real checks. Apparently, they are not trained in this. I didn't know this. I asked why they didn't tell me I should wait to cash my check, they said "well if we knew you were wiring the money, we would have told you." I asked why did they let me cash the check, they stated "well you have been a long time customer and you had the funds in your savings to cover the lost in the event it didn't go through." I asked them when were they going to notify me about the problem of the check instead of just closing out my accounts and labeling my accounts as a scammer: "they said it was there fault for not notifying me, but I am no longer welcome to bank with them ever." I asked them why they assured me the money came from the cashier's check and not my savings, they said "well that is not our problem. It is your problem to verify if a check is authentic, not us." Basically, the scam could have been avoided if they told me ahead of time to wait for the check to clear and that they didn't know if the check cleared or not. Instead, the teller and manager knew nothing and just said, "yeah, the money is coming from the cashier's check. everything looks okay." Bad business. No relief for customers. Deposit your money and lose it if they feel that they didn't do an adequate job of informing you.

trust account

My grandmother set up a trust to pay out to her grandchildren when her daughter (My mother) passed away. She passed away in dec 2009. They are still hanging on to the money (Actually stocks). They give us excuse after excuse as to why we have seen nothing from them yet. We have signed & sent all documents they want, but there is always "something else" they need to do. I sure don't think much of their trust department— I notice they always collect their fees! I may have to use a lawyer to pry their hands off of what is ours.

• Gr
    gregory123 Dec 20, 2010

Wells Fargo is doing the same thing to me. I have waited 1 year for them to settle the trust and nothing. They are blamming it on the government because of the no estate tax law for 2010. You must have a lawyer early on.

Cheryl Ice Sep 23, 2016

having similar problems with WF trust dept -- they hold on to trust money with multiple excuses for failing to distribute. excuses go on and on. But they keep the fee percentage up by holding the money that should be distributed.
    need too know how other beneficiaries fare and voice this practice

overdraft fees

I have called Wells Fargo several times and asked about having my account set up so if anything were to go...

over the limit

So I have hard a credit card with wells fargo for almost 2 years now (big mistake) and I always pay my monthly payments, this year has been exceptionally hard for me because I lost my job, but I still pay monthly so my credit will be good, but wells fargo keeps screwing me over and i am getting sick and tired and fustrated and I need to take action against them, so they say I'm over the limit one month i payh the monthly fee and the over the limit charge 3 days later they are hounding me saying i'm over the limit again, they say something to do with the account is atttached to my checking, since my checking is bad I say ok cut it off, they do not listen instead the lady on the phone is extremely rude and is laughing, i was soo upset, so I go ahead and pay the over the limit fee again, I pay $100 (mind you I still don't have a job)then they hit me with another fee saying that they took over $80 to cover my checking i'm so upset because i told them i didn't want it linked up anymore, i'm crying and they won't help even though it's their fault and i'm like put the 80 back into my credit account they say it's imposssible, they are making me pay for their mistake, which upsets me greatly, i'm so ticked off i don't know what to do and i'm over the limit again and they are harrassing me saying i need to pay again. At this piont i'm like these people are sick f these people. So i close down my checking accounts, because i don't trust them and I make another payment covering the over the limit fee gain, i'm like finally this issue should be resolved. Ok so tell me why theses idiots these illiterate idiots call me again saying i'm over the limit at this point i'm too angry for words, i havn't used the credit card in like 4 months and i've been paying every month and covering the over the limit fee, so why am i back to square 1 again, they say im over the limit because I had automatic bill pay and they took the money out of an accpount that does not exist and they had to return it so I got hit with soo many finance charges. Wells fargo are users and just keep taking money from innocent people i hope they go bankrupt and burn in hell. I mean i keep paying each month to find myself in the same dumb situation, and they don't help they just say you have to pay, i mean i'm struggling to pay I have 0 money i'm borrowing from family members and they keep pulling this stunt i'm done trying now their threatening to file a complaint to the credit beaurue i'm done i'm like go ahead, i'm so tired and fustrated.

• Mz
    Mz.Brandi Sep 21, 2010

i absolutely agree that people need to ban together and SUE WELLS FARGO!!! They do pull stunts and have a list of excuses that they pre-print so they always have a come-back even when it makes no sense whatsoever!!! THEY TRIED TO GET ME TO PAY OFF MY CAR TWICE after it was deemed a total loss and already paid off!!!
    WELLS FARGO ARE SCAM ARTISTS!!! IM LUCK I REMEMBERED THE NAME OF THE LADY THAT OFFERED ME A SETTLEMENT ON THE PHONE !!! IF I HADN'T, I MAY HAVE BEEN STUCK PAYING THE DIFF.! I dont remember what the balance was before the theft and wreck of my car but the insurance did not pay the whole amount... so... the remaining balance was like 1600 or something SO THEY OFFERED ME A SETTLEMENT which i jumped on. They offered to take 800 off the balance if i would pay promptly, i had just gotten a large tax refund so i jumped on it and told the lady i would go straight over and pay in person! Now REMEMBER, i went to pay in person and not over the phone because i was afraid this very thing would happen!!!
    THANK GOD I DID PAY AT THE BANK WITH A CHECK BECAUSE A FEW MONTHS LATER I GOT A LERRE SAYING I OWED THAT 800 ON MY BALANCE!!!
    THANK GOD BY THIS TIME I KNEW WELLS FARGO WELL ENOUGH THAT I STARTED TO KEEP PROOF OF EVERYTHING I DID AND PAID TO THEM TO COVER MY OWN ###!!! I REMEMBERED THE LADY AND DEPARTMENTS NAMES THAT OFFERED ME THE SETTLEMENT AND CALLED AND RAISED HELL!!! I didn't get stuck with it afterall but the fact that they TRIED... just infuriated me because there ARE wealthy people or not so wealthy who have bookkeepers pay their bills and i think they try and take advantage just to see who out there is STUPID ENOUGH to pay off a car TWICE!!! F$CK Wells Fargo!!!

• Az
    azuna Aug 13, 2011

this is not the first time i have had trouble with WELLS FARGO .I have a credit card with wells fargo.the credit card payment due is on 08/13/2011 .(till 1 p.m) that is what i was informed last time i checked . and today when i open my account at 10 .27 am 08/13/2011 am to make a payment on the account i am charge a overlimit fee because according to them "technically today is Saturday and not a business day and I WAS SUPPOSED TO MAKE A PAYMENT YESTERDAY ON 08/12/2011 .what is the point of a due date i wonder . how long is it going to go like this .? they suck the money out of you and every you call them " its not a bank error"...i m going to do everything i can to make it stop ...

bad customer service

They told me I was eligible for a deferment since the loan was in good standings for 3 years but after I was transferred and sat on hold for a while I was told I wasn't cause I work on a commission basis when I have for 7 years and when they wrote the loan I was too. I asked to speak with a manager and the guy refused several times to get a manager until I had to yell at him. Then he gets a very young unprofessional girl on the line who was just laughing at me like I was some kind of joke. When I told her I'm sure she'snot a manager she didn't say anything cause she knows I was right. I would not recommend ANYONE getting a loan for this company!! I'm a hard working single mother not a joke!

• Ju
    Julio Dominguez Mar 01, 2011

Hello this is Julio Dominguez, I am very upset because Well Fargo took my 71.11 out of bank it was very rude. I like to decide to appeal complaint to against this Well Fargo. ok Please thank you very much.

• Ag
    AggravatedandExasperated Apr 22, 2012

I was recently married and moved from Mississippi to Florida. I called Wells Fargo to start the process to change my last name on my auto loan account and title, and also to have my car titled in Florida instead of Mississippi. They told me to fax the marriage license along with a photo ID to them and they would file the name change. They told to go to the DMV to request the paperwork to have the car title transferred to FL from MS. I faxed the necessary documents to have the name change and a week later received a letter from their titling department stating that I needed to ask the FL DMV to process the name change for me. I called WF back and explained that I had not yet filled out the paperwork to title my car in FL and that my car was still registered in MS so going to the FL DMV would be useless. She kept saying over and over again "Well I just don't know then" "Different states have different laws" . Needless to say nothing was solved.
    I explained that I had asked the DMV when I was there last week if the to get the paperwork for the title if I could just do the name change when I processed the title change from one state to another and they said no that I had to have Wells Fargo do it by faxing them the info and that is what the customer service rep at Wells Fargo had said last week as well.
    I also have an auto loan through TD Auto and have started this whole process with them at the same time I did with WF and have had no issue from them, They processed all requests without any back and forth nonsense. That is how I know that this mess with WF is just a bunch of bs. It appears that someone doesn't want to do their job.
    This is the 3rd run in I have had with WF since I started this auto loan with them in Sept 2017.
    The first one was having them harass me constantly about payment for a car on my account that wasn't even suppose to be on there. I explained several times that I only had one car through them and that that other car was not suppose to be on my account. They finally realized their mistake on that one. WITH NO APOLOGY.
    The second run in was when I wasn't receiving monthly statements from them. I called to verify that they had my address and phone number correct and the guy that I spoke with was a complete a*s and told be that if I would "Be quiet for a minute that he might could help me".

I am so SICK of Wells Fargo Dealer Services!!! DO NOT use them unless you want run arounds and rude reps every time you need to get something done!

• We
    Wells can kiss my ass May 04, 2012

This has been the WORST experience of my financing life. They are rude, inconsiderate individuals. They talk down to people, they in no way shape or form try to assist when a borrower has a hardship and calls and makes them aware of the issue and asks how can we work this out for the time being. I will never finance another car through this company again! I cant get the car paid off soon enough! JUANITA in the Roseville, CA office is the most horrible person I have ever spoken to before.

• President Dealer Services 877-250-2265 they helped me with my problem

• Js
    J. Standish Jun 19, 2012

I've called this bankruptcy division 5 times in the last 10 days. Each time I've been put on hold 5 times (twice today) and been on hold for at least 20 to 30 mins each time. Attempting to a supervisor in Customer Service I was put on hold for 11 mins! Financial Services is the only place that handles bankruptcies like mine. I only want to find out if I owe a payment this month! I work 5/24 days- do they expect me to be on hold that long when I'm at work? Today has been a total of 51 mins with still no answer by the dept.
    My account is 8760935494
    Julia Standish
    2609 NE 195th C302
    Lake Forest Park, WA 98155
    Thanks very much

• Co
    conniell Jan 24, 2013

I have had to deal with this company for 3 years now and have had enough of their harassing phone calls not just to me but to relatives! I have had to prove with receipts twice, that I am not behind on payments and yet every month I get harassing, threatening phone calls that they are gonna pick up the car if payment isn't made by 5! I have faxed them copies of receipts and they will fix it only to start again the next month. I am doing an early payoff just so I don't have to deal with them anymore. I wish there was a way to make sure that nobody uses them to finance their vehicle purchase!! STAY AWAY FROM WELLS FARGO DEALERS!! none of this happened until they changed from Wachovia to Wells Fargo.

Mathematica Feb 28, 2013

No company will intentionally make it difficult to pay, if you have to keep giving them proof of your payments then there's something wrong with the way you're paying. You might want to double check the codes you're using.

• Wf
    WFDS_CAN_SCK_MY_DCK Mar 11, 2013

bullsh*t they don't make it diificult to pay! they locked me out of making an online payment for a bill that was just over a month over due and made me call them up to pay an extra $10.00 processing to pay my bill in addition to the $15.00 late fee! F*CK WFDS!

• Lo
    LOLABLUE Jun 14, 2013

WELLS FARGO ARE A BUNCH OF BAD ### AND ### THEY HAVE GONE INTO MY HOUSE THEY HAVE HARASSED NIGHT AND DAY. THEY HAVE INSULTED ME AND HAVE HARASSED BY RELATIVES. THEY HAVE SENT STRANGE PEOPLE TO MY HOUSE. THEY HAVE INSULTED ME ON THE PHONE EVERYTIME WE TALK, THE OTHER DAY I JUST CALLED TO FIND OUT HOW MUCH I OWE TO MAKE A PAYMENT THEY TOLD ME THAT IF I COULD NOT PAY WHY DID I GET THE CAR GET THE MONEY FROM WERE EVER YOU CAN SO YOU CAN PAY THEY KEPT ME ON THE LINE FOR 10 MINUTES JUST TO SWITCH ME OVER TO SOMEONE ELSE WHO TREATED ME WORSE, AND TODAY I GOT A CALL FROM SOMEONE ELSE AT WORK TELL ME IF YOU CAN AFFORD THIS CAR THEN WE WILL HAVE TO REPO IT, YESTERDAYS PHONE CALL WAS JUST TO TELL YOU THAT WE CAN HELP, I SAID NOBODY TOLD ME THAT THEY COULD HELP THEY JUST SAID THAT YOU HAD TO PAY AND THAT IF I CANT PAY THEN GET THE MONEY HOW EVER YOU CAN.I SO REGRET MY HUSBAND GETTING A LOAN FROM THEM. ALL CONSUMERS OUT THERE DO NOT GET A LOAN FROM WELLS FARGO BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW IF YOU WILL LOSE YOUR JOB ONE DAY AND CANT PAY WELLS FARGO WILL NOT HELP YOU! THEY WILL SCREW YOU!

loan modification/short sale

Perhaps you can be of some help, if not for me, then others in my predicament; this being loss of income, my house and my credit rating, unnecessarily.

I purchased a house 5 years ago when my income was well within the parameters to afford the mortgage. In the past two years my income has decreased by 66%. I was living on credit cards for most expenses in order to continue to make my mortgage payments. I knew I could not continue to try and make ends meet with maxed out credit cards and no near future hope for an increase in my income so I placed my home on the market in August of 2009.

My real estate broker felt the price was at a good market value. There were no offers on the house from August through February of 2010 even though the price was reduced several times. In February of this year I applied for a loan modification with the lender, Wells Fargo. Approximately two months later I received a letter from WF stating they would lower my payment by $100 for three months and then I had to make full payment again. I could not accept this offer because it wouldn’t help my situation or even come close.

Also in February I was forced to stop making payments, a very difficult decision, as I have always had very good credit. It was my mortgage or all my other expenses that would suffer. By May with still no offers on the house I decided to apply for a short sale, as it was my understanding that this program was put in place to help people in my situation, by the government giving money to the banks for that purpose. The short sale application was approved, all documents requested were sent and acknowledged and we were told by Wells Fargo that an acceptable offer would be approved in 15-30 days.

In June we received a very good offer from a very qualified buyer, for almost $7, 000.00 more than my mortgage balance. We waited until almost 30 days went by and started calling Wells Fargo for updates on the process. A once a week call at that point (in July) always got the same response; “application is still in review” and we were never able to talk to the same person twice.

In mid July I received a letter from Wells Fargo stating that my house would be auctioned on November 8, 2010..Three days later I received three letters identical to the first one via certified mail. Three of these letters were addressed to me and one was addressed to ‘occupant’. The next day a gentleman came to my house and taped another of the letters (exactly the same as the first four) to my front door and took photos of it and my house.

Also in July two different individuals came to my house stating they worked with Wells Fargo and were “inspectors”. They each asked me three questions: Did I have gas or electric, a pool or hot tub and was I behind on my payments? They said they were not Wells Fargo employees but worked with WF.

August arrived with still no approval so we started calling twice a week for updates. We were told that a second negotiator was on the case now and it was “still in review”. Several more documents were requested and sent. By the third week in August the buyer was getting nervous as he needed to know if he had a place to move into. So the next call to Wells Fargo was a request to talk to a supervisor which was granted.

The supervisor stated that everything looked good and the approval would be forthcoming in 5-7 days. The following week with no communication from Wells Fargo, another call to them with the same message, “the approval would come in 5-7 days”. We were advised that there was now a third negotiator. Another call the following week to them with the same response, “approval would come in 5-7 days”. Another document was requested and sent (the same document that was sent four previous times to them).

The buyer (a local Medical Doctor) at this time is looking at other houses to purchase as he needs to find a home to move into and is getting impatient, as we all are.

September 3rd came and went with still no communication about approval from Wells Fargo.

We have lost the buyer for good; he cannot wait on Wells Fargo any longer. September 7th, in my last call to Wells Fargo and attempt to possibly save the sale; I was told that the sale was not approved because Wells Fargo did not receive the required documents. I asked what those were and they said the same 20 pages that I initially sent them in June. They told me on September 7th that all those documents became outdated every 30 days and needed to be sent in every 30 days. I asked why I wasn’t informed of this back in June as I certainly would have complied and she stated that she “didn’t know why I was not informed”.

The documents she referred to were my 2008 and 2009 tax returns, proof of income, financial statement and hardship letter. Although none of these things had changed in three months, I would have happily complied had I been informed they were necessary every month. And, to add insult to injury, I was told “not to call them anymore”. So, even though everything they asked for was supplied to them, WF has refused to approve a sale that was $7K over the mortgage balance and I’m facing a foreclosure. They lost a good buyer and payoff of the mortgage and my credit is ruined for years, unnecessarily. The entire process has been incredibly frustrating and discouraging to say the least.

As a public servant, would it be possible for you to find out exactly what has happened/is happening to all the money the government (taxpayers) have given the bank to help people like me? Statistics I have read state that only 3 in 100 people in similar situations are actually getting any help through modifications or short sales. It is too late for me, losing my buyer and an excellent offer, but perhaps something can be accomplished to help prevent others from going through my horrible experience with Wells Fargo.

I feel the general public needs to know that this type thing is going on.

Sincerely,

Myra Greene

• Mi
    Michelle Stapleton Sep 22, 2010

I know exactly what you are talking about I am on the other end, I am the buyer waiting since April with no reply from Wells Fargo. You sound like the seller of the property I am trying to purchase, because he is being told the EXACT same thing. I am so fed up with waiting and looking for house I may just continue to rent. I can still take advantage of the first time homebuyer credit if I can close by the end of the month. Which doesn't look like it's going to happen. For anyone looking to purchase a short sale from Wells Fargo don't waste your time it will probably never happen.

Michelle

unfair charges

Wells Fargo is the WORST bank open for business. My husband and I are military and moving around the country often. We are currently in KY and do not have a Wells Fargo location/ATM for three states. My husband has a Wells Fargo account from MT, before he joined the military. We rarely used his account, primarily for my husbands "fun moey." Due to his error, he put the account into the negatives $6.00. Well, a few days later the overdrafts fees turned that $6.00 into over $130.00! During those few days we tried every method possible to transfer money into that account, nothing worked because of Wells Fargo's CRAP system that wouldn't allow us to. Not by transfer to/from, not by PayPal...nothing. I called and they refused to talk to me, even with my husband in the room. So we wired money from our GOOD bank, Armed Forces Bank. This action did cost us $35.00 on our end. We sent just the amount to get the Wells Fargo account to zero, like the Wells Fargo rep. told my husband to do! Well, apparently to wire into a Wells Fargo account WF also charges a fee!!! $10.00! So now, that account was negative $10.00. And tomorrow I guess it will be negaitve $35.00 since WF will not even allow us to freeze the account. So our little $6.00 mistake has cost us over $200.00 due to Wells Fargo. They do not care about military personnel or customers in gerneral. WELLS FARGO IS THE WORST BANK, NEVER NEVER NEVER USE WELLS FARGO!!!

AngryJoel Jun 14, 2012

The same thing happened to me, except worse. Wells Fargo took all of the money out of my active checking account to cover the negative balance in another account. They call this "right of set of." They took every penny of my checking account while there were checks pending, and deposited it into an account that was more negative than my checking was posiive. As a result, I ended up with 2 negative accounts, and my rent and utilities all bouncing. This makes Wells Fargo very happy since they get to charge me 35 bucks for every NSF and returned check. I talked to the branch manager and he pretty much told me Wells Fargo had the right to reach into my account and take whatever money they wanted due to the contract I signed when I opened the account. Then he basically told me to F off and go away.

AngryJoel Jun 14, 2012

I am also in the military and have been a Wells customer for over 16 years. I went to talk to the branch manager IN UNIFORM, in a small midwestern military town and was treated like total crap. Wells Fargo doesn't care about servicemembers or long time customers. All they care about is stealing as much of our hard earned money as they can.

phone calls

Wells Fargo Mortgage bought our home loan from another company. We had a situation a few months back where we knew we were going to have to pay our mortgage about 5 days late. We contacted WF a month in advance to let them know. We typically go into a WF branch to pay our mortgage and have a very professional and positive relationship with the bank. We were advised it was no problem and because of our good record and communication, we would not even be charged a late fee. We paid as promised. Ever since this incident, WF Mortgage calls us on a regular basis about "collecting a past due debt". One of the callers even inquried if I "was having personal problems" while asking me about our unpaid mortgage. I insisted we were/are up to date and every time the callers are relentless. I learned the mortgage side of WF and the banking side of WF don't seem to have anything to do with one another. I received a call last night and I very politely told the guy - we had one late payment, which was ok'd by your organization many months ago and so I think you need to update your records. His reply, "my records are accurate and I'm attempting to collect a past due debt." This organization is unbelievable. I am appalled at the nerve and outright unprofessional approach WF takes to handle these matters. I don't have the time to run this up the WF food chain and I'm sure they are counting on that when then teach their workers these types of tactics.

• Ci
    Cippy Dec 13, 2010

We too are bombarded by their relentless, rude calls, beginning on the 5th of the month. They want their money on the 1st of the month. The 15 day grace period, required by LAW, means nothing to them. If you have not paid them by the 5th you will be called at home beginning at 8:30 am on Saturdays and Sundays, up to 3 or 4 times a day, up to 9:30 at night. They will also call you at your workplace. We have NEVER been late past the grace period. They asked us if we were having "personal problems" too. How rude of them to harrass and disrespect their good customers like this. I'm sure they don't get much repeat business. I will never deal with them again. We have had a mortgage with them for only 5 years, I don't think I can stand another 5 years with them. We have had a mortgage with GMAC for 25 years and they have NEVER called us! Stay away from this company!! They will harrass and hound you to death for no reason.

missing money

I have never been so mad at a bank as I am right now. I made a deposit at a Wells Fargo Branch in CA yesterday and the money is not in my account. I actually had a supervisor tell me he has no idea where my money is. I have a receipt of the deposit. I cannot believe the dis-respectfulness of customer service at this bank, both at the Wells Fargo branch at the Wachovia customer service line. I would like to know where my money is and why after 24 hours it still has not posted to my account. This was mostly a cash deposit (90% cash and 10% in checks)

I would like some answers immediately and don't try to tell me that it takes a few days to post, that is ridiculous, withdrawals at the same branch posted immediately

• As
    ashley1989 Jan 08, 2011

im having the same exact problem... they are showing i have made zero cash deposits to my savings account at all since it has been opening when i deposit more into my savings than i do my checking! and customer service said without a date, time, and amount they basically cant do a damn thing. F wellsfargo... your money is not safe!!! im missing several thousands of dollars im sure now... when i thought it was only a $200 descripency. WOW.

• Vi
    Visaliapartysource Aug 06, 2011

I agree...contact the OCC. Wells Fargo is the worst bank I have ever banked at. The literally allowed fraud on my account. When I reported my card lost/stollen they never cancelled it, it was a business account so it took me several months to realize the card was still being charged. When I called to report it they saif it was my fault for not realizing it sooner. I cancelled the card...isn't that enough? BAD COMPANY... they steal they cheat and if someone steals your money they do not protect it.

• Bo
    Bob_2000 Aug 23, 2012

I had $300 turn up missing from my Checkings. When I called W. Fargo they said that someone had charged my Check Card . They told me I would have to file a theft report, which I did, and they said the $300 would be returned. About 30 days later W Fargo took the 300 back and told me they thought I was lying! I filed an appeal and they gave me back the 300, again, a second time! About 2 months later I received a letter which said that they had decided in my favor and I would be able to keep the money. 15 days later 400 disappeared out of my account !!! I am going to get another bank next month. I swear that this is a true story. I am 60 yrs old on a military disability retirement . I saw the above letters about Fargo and I wanted you all who read this to know my story.

• Bo
    Bob_2000 Aug 23, 2012

I had $300 turn up missing from my checking acct. When I called W. Fargo they said that someone had charged my Check Card . They told me I would have to file a theft report, which I did, and they said the $300 would be returned. About 30 days later W Fargo took the 300 back and told me they thought I was lying! I filed an appeal and they gave me back the 300, again, a second time! About 2 months later I received a letter which said that they had decided in my favor and I would be able to keep the money. 15 days later 400 disappeared out of my account !!! I am going to get another bank next month. I swear that this is a true story. I am 60 yrs old on a military disability retirement . I saw the above letters about Fargo and I wanted you all who read this to know my story.

unethical practices

During the past year and a half; Wells Fargo Home Mortgage have been charging for services they've...

bad customer service / failed to close loan on time

In early June 2010, my husband and I were pre-approved through Wells Fargo for a home loan and we contracted...