Wells Fargo Mortgage / lending practices

United States, California, Friant Review updated:
Wells Fargo Mortgage
Phone: 559.240.6195
Wells Fargo has been "stalling me into default" since I requested a loan modification after I lost my job in October. I have worked with two third-party HUD approved agencies in attempting to obtain recourse but to no avail. Either this bank is extremely disorganized or they just pretend to be--either way, I have had to constantly resubmit documentation and one department doesn't seem to know what the other department is doing.

Consequently, my credit rating has gone to hell and I am about to lose a ranch that has been in my family since 1856! I even elicited the assistance of the local television news station to broadcast my concerns but it didn't seem to phase Wells Fargo at all.

I have learned I am not the only individual they have done this to--surely someone must want to initiate a class action?

A  21st of Jul, 2009 by
I tried to do an FHA refinance with them recently and decided to go with Bank of America instead. After three months of waiting around, they had a title company contact me and tell me that they original title on my tailer needed to be destroyed before they could refinance the home. I was told by Wells Fargo that they did not have this title, they even tried to tell me that I should have it. After several phone calls, many trips to the Title Department, a 24 dollar check, and a lot of hair pulling, I got the situation handled but the point of it is, the entire thing should have been taken care of by Wells Fargo back when they closed the deal the first time around. They are completely unorganized, there is no communication between departments, apparently no one knows how to do their job. I won't be dealing with them again.
A  28th of Jul, 2009 by
My husband and I refianced with Wells Fargo 2 years ago and were charged a $16, 000 fee. We did not read the fine print. We have hired an attorney to try and use their home modification program to no avail. Even the attorney gave up. They would not answer any phone calls. The told us" If you can't handle it, give the keys back".
A  7th of Oct, 2009 by
My Family and I are trying to go through a loan modification with Wells Fargo as well. We have been diligently trying for the past 6 months to do this because my mother lost her job and is going through a lot of medical problems. We had given them everything they had asked for, but some how either lost it in the system, or ended missing something else. Due the constant stalling, we are now facing forclosure on our only home and we can't seem to find a way to get answers. We talked to supervisors and they even provided a lawyer for us to talk to, which didn't help because they still managed to misinform us. They are absolutely disorganized, and because of it many people have to suffer. I am absolute in agreement with having a class action law suit against them. It really isn't fair.

Wells Fargo Logo Wells Fargo