Walmart Vision Center Central SC / prescription wrong 2x's

Central, South CarolinaCentral, United States Review updated:

In September 2016 my husband went in for a eye exam at Central Wal-Mart because he needed new glasses and contacts. We have used Amy before and had no problems. First the eye exam was very quick didn't take long at all which was very odd. We took the prescription to Sams in Easley because they had the frames he wanted. We ordered the glasses when my husband got them back he could not see hardly at all so they checked them and told us they were what the prescription said. They advised us to go back to Central Wal-Mart and let them redo his exam so we had to pay a 2nd copay and do another exam which this time took longer but you could tell they were aggravated but it wasn't our fought. Come to find out the prescription was wrong so Sams sent the glasses back to get them fixed. By this time we was very upset with the glasses not at Sams they went far and beyond what they needed to do to try to help. The glasses still wasn't right but we new if we went back to Central to Amy it wasn't going to get any different. We pd out of pocket close to $300.00 after insurance and he may have wore them 14 times in a year because they still wasn't right. Yesterday my husband had a eye exam done at Sams in Easley and he was explaining to the Dr about his glasses and she said I see why you cant see the glasses are way to strong. The prescription is wrong in his glasses. So we paid for something that was not right because of issues done at Central Wal-Mart. So now we are have to pay $245.00 to get the lens fixed to the right strength. IF his eyes were worse I wouldn't have thought any more about it but he eyes are better than what they told him a year ago. We all know that eyes gets worse with age not better. I hate to write this complaint but it really upsets me to know now we have to repay for something that was wrong to start with. He wanted the glasses for back up and to give his eyes a rest from his contacts but that didn't happen. We will never use Wal-Mart in Central again. Your eyes are very important that we take care of them. Very upset that we wasted money and now for him to wear them we have got to spend more. His name is Donald Boothe Jr

• Updated by Missy Boothe, Oct 25, 2017

He took his contacts out but 1st exam took 15 min the 2nd one not much longer. He is a copy of all 3 exams maybe you will see the glasses were way 2 strong. Hope this will help you see plus see what we pd.

• Updated by Missy Boothe, Oct 25, 2017

What is a fax that I can fax the perscription to you. To make sure u get them.

prescription wrong 2x's
Mi
Oct 20, 2017

Comments

•   Oct 20, 2017

When he got to the end of the exams, at the last spins, could he see out of them? If he could, the script would have been written to match. If he couldn't see with the spins, why didn't he say something? When they ask each time they spin the tester on each eye "is this better or worse' and you aren't honest about it, the script won't be right. I am trying to figure out how you go through two exams and still get a wrong prescription.

• Mi
      Oct 20, 2017

@Wine Is Good They were done with contacts because that's what he wore he wanted glasses for back up because he drives a truck CDL so he has to have back up if something goes wrong with contacts. She checked to make sure the glasses was the perscription she perscribed and they were what she said so she changed it to a different strength and it still was right. We didn't realize how off it was and what the problem was until he had another exam yesterday. It's very fustrating . We don't have money to keep paying for eye exam because of continued issues. We done good to get appointments when we did. My husband works 12 and 14 hour days so trying to work in to the schedule is hard. It's not his fault that the perscription was wrong 2x's.

•   Oct 24, 2017

@Missy Boothe That is the craziest thing I have ever heard. You don't take an eye exam with your contacts in. For glasses, it would be same script. Literally.

• Mi
      Oct 31, 2017

@Wine Is Good Did u get the copies I sent you of the perscriptions? There is a difference and contacts and glasses are not always the same according to the optical people because contacts sit on your eyes. If you didn't get the perscription give me a fax number and I will email them to you.