Complaints & Reviews

walmart bait and switch pricing

Classic bait and switch pricing. Online, Walmart offers (in this particular instance) a replacement Optical...

car vandalized in parking lot

My car was vandalized in a Walmart parking lot and I can't get security to respond. No one seems to know...

defective product

Walmartstores.com (the online store) basically cheated me out of my purchases. I had downloaded dozens of Mp3's several years ago which no longer play on my computer because Walmart changed something with the licensing.

When I try to play them I get a message that the "Windows Media Player can't play this file, " etc. Then the message instructs me to go to my Walmart mp3 download account page, sign in, install the download manager (which I already did), and select "authorize this computer" which, it says, is "required." Except there is no "authorize this computer" option anywhere on the page.

I remember reading somewhere online that Walmart simply told its customers who had downloaded music from their website before a certain date (the date before they made their licensing change, or whatever) that they were basically SOL, so to speak. When I tried to email Walmart customer support, after taking ten minutes to fill out the required fields and describe my complaint, I got an error message saying that the transmission of my email failed. There was no explanation for the error and no information how to correct it. So I clicked around the site for another customer service link and went through the whole process again, only to be informed by another pop-up message that I had not filled out all of the required fields. True, there was one required field that I did not fill out, but that was because the box was grayed-out and unresponsive, no matter how many times I clicked on it.

It really seems as though Walmart is trying their best to screw over their customers and hide from being held accountable. I would think they would have it in their power to restore my downloaded mp3's that I paid GOOD MONEY for, or at least refund me. It honestly feels like they've comittednnothing short of theft. If they don't fix this problem I will NEVER download music from them again. I will also tell everyone I know not to patronize their business, tweet my dissatisfaction to the world, and go on every blog and website I can find in order to diss them. They deserve it, the greedy corporate ###.

defective product

• Ti
    tiffanyctd Jan 19, 2011

It's frustrating, but there IS a fix. I actually called the 800 # and was very quickly instructed to log in with my old email address. They even transferred my to email services so I could have the password reset without having to go to my old email account. Anyway, once I was logged in under my old account, the authorization was right there and it walked me through the steps to get my music back. As much as I don't usually like Walmart, and was unhappy with having to reauthorize everything, customer service was great and I've got my music back.

store would not let me cancel order and get refund!

Store manager would not let me cancel my order and get a refund on an item that I am still waiting for three weeks for. I was guaranteed 7-10 days but still has not got here. So, went in the store the customer service online says I have a right to cancel my order and get a refund. Store manager and staff were very rude and thought it was a joke and denied me my refund. Told me that when the item was actually in the store they'll cancel it and refund. Made a joke about me being on disabilty and being a Veteran! Told them I would notify attorney and other Veterans about this and they said go ahead we don't really care and laughed! Do bnot do buisness with Walmart in Randleman NC!

employment

I started working at Wal Mart in 2001. The pay was great, the benefits were awesome, and the employees were hard-working, sensible people. I had to quit in 2007 to take care of my sick father. 2 years later, I returned, only to find out they would not re-hire me because of a background check they started in 2004. I had a misdemeanor charge in 1999, when I was 18. I am still in the system as "re-hireable", yet they won't let me come back because of a minor charge I got when I was 18. Now, they hire felons for huge tax breaks, but if you have a misdemeanor, you're screwed. I wasted 6 years working 40-70 hours a week for this company. I started as a cashier and left a salaried assistant manager. It makes me sad to know that they have taken away all the great profit sharing and retirement benefits they once offered. Now, all they hire is part time bums who do nothing, while screwing all the full time associates that have put 10+ years into learning the business. Sam Walton would be so disapointed.

• Aj
    AJay Oct 14, 2010

Hi

Just a note to inform you in Florida by law enforcement agencies and county records any arrest and or charges will remain on your record forever. Though if the company uses a background/Criminal history comany (ie...a consumer reporting agency, this is not a credit bureau) they will only maintain this information for 7 years. Get a copy of this check (its your right) if you have not already. This will reveal where they obtained this info which also will assist you if you can reapply maybe to another Walmart or Sam's if the date is past 7 years. Again if they did not obtain it from the county courts or law enforcement. FYI... Florida is one of the few states that has this law.

Additionally Walmart can not discriminate by EEOC law Title VII in general for individuals with negative records. They have to prove your misdemeaner applies directly to your job...ie a sex offender working at a school...and length of time since the conviction applies as well.

Because of your past good service try writing /email a corporate officer in their Corporate offices in Arkansas about this dilema, and remember its Xmas time... Also try viewing the EEOC website and the internet to see if Walmart is currenty in trouble for background issues.

Hope this helps!

Ajay

Super Smart Consumer Nov 09, 2010

Maggie - do you have a real job or do you just spend your time writing ridiculous nonsensical posts on this site? Get a grip on reality, girl!

Super Smart Consumer Dec 28, 2010

Maggie - HELLO???!!! answer the question. Bet you don't have a real job...probably you are on some type of assistance program for the mentally ill. We request that take your meds (DAILY) and do what the doctors tell you do do.

Super Smart Consumer Dec 30, 2010

All - I welcome your comments regarding Maggie. She's gone over the edge. Poor thing.

negligence

I have never put words to paper regarding my Mother's untimely death but after 20 years and a month I thought it might be a good release...

Following my Mother's death in 1990, my family spent 10 long years in both state and federal courts fighting for rights of consumers and the reasonable security they are owed when visiting a retail store such as Walmart. Not only did Walmart's legal team deny that my Mother was anywhere near there store when she had receipts from their store the day of her death, they also argued that they had no responsibility for her or anyone else's safety on their premises. Using the clout that a corporation of their size has, they were able to be dismissed from our case. While I understand the goals of any corporation, I deplore the efforts of Walmart's legal team who hid evidence and skirted the law in order to free Walmart from any legal obligation they had at the time of my Mother's murder.

I have not bought a single item from this God forsaken company since the day my Mother left us.

I understand that life isn't fair, and that "fair" is nothing but a festival that comes once a year. But I also believe in karma, and those who err on the wrong side of it are only waiting for karma to come full circle.

pobarjenkins Oct 13, 2010

Unless you describe the situation better, no one here can be "helped" by your experience.

• Vi
    visforvendetta Oct 18, 2010

No, an employee of Walmart did not murder my Mom. I am not here to "help" anyone beyond letting people know that my family's experience with Walmart was awful. For over ten years they fought in court that they do not have a responsibility for customers' reasonable security on their premises. Our victory was getting the laws changed in the state of Tennessee, but year after year, Walmart lobbies politicians to pass bills overturning what my father worked on for over ten years so that hopefully someone else doesn't experience the same tragedy. The company presents itself as the all american company but they are anything but that. I understand there will be comments from people that don't know my story and will be as impersonal as Walmart was in their comments, but thats alright, I'm pretty sure I can handle it.

pobarjenkins Oct 18, 2010

I think there is only so much Walmart can do to make sure customers are good people without violating the rights of those people. They can't catch everyone bad seed, and its not their job.

pobarjenkins Oct 18, 2010

*Every bad seed* Pardon my typo.

• Vi
    visforvendetta Oct 20, 2010

Historical crime data for the shopping center showed that it was an area that had an increased level of crime which would tell a business owner that adequate security measures for their customers should be in place. Walmart had knowledge of the cirme levels but did nothing in reposnse to them. By not acting on the known criminal activity at this Walmart, the company allowed for crimes to continue to take place on their premises. Walmart is not responsible for a criminal's behavior. Walmart is responsible for the adequate security for their customers. There wasn't any of the security measures that you typically see in place today at this particular Walmart. No cameras, patrolling security guards in vehicles, adequate lighting, etc...

What rights are you talking about violating? That's a rather bizarre way to think about it.

eletronic staff

This has happened almost everytime I go to Walmart when i go to the electronics section everytime i go there...

animal cruelty

I was walking through Walmart yesterday and I was looking at dog treats and I heard this screaming noise like a little animal and I looked under the shelf and there was a mouse stuck on a glue trap trying to get off and it was screaming! This was extremely disturbing especially since I love animals so much. I almost got physically sick! I can't believe that they would use those things instead of a normal quick trap to kill mice. What if it was a curious little kid looking under the shelf...anyone could've heard this. I didn't know what to do and I thought about it all day...couldn't get the image out of my head! I don't know if I will ever go to Walmart again! I would've taken a picture but that seemed morbid and I couldn't look at it again...made me want to cry.

pobarjenkins Oct 04, 2010

I definitely don't like the glue traps. The mouse suffers and it's still alive so it can still technically harm others. Unfortunately for a store like walmart, I don't know if it would be able to have mouse traps around (as that could harm shoppers). Maybe some sort of spray or repellent?

pobarjenkins Oct 04, 2010

Or they could use one of those nice large mouse traps that are like a little house for the mice (completely covered and all).

pobarjenkins Oct 04, 2010

I'm not too familiar with rodent control, I just wanted to suggest alteratives.

Correction: "alternatives"

answeringyourquestions Oct 13, 2010

POOR MOUSE

• Nl
    NlCK Nov 06, 2010

wow, there are way bigger things to worry about in life than the humane treatment of mice. and that is definitely not walmart's top priority.

• Dc
    dc_09 Jan 02, 2011

Why didn't you inform an employee so they could have disposed of the mouse? I completely disagree with you. The mouse's quality of life should be less of a concern then other things. A snap trap is dangerous to humans compared to a sticky trap. Lets go with your example, what if a child was to reach under there and find a snap trap that hadn't been set off by a mouse?

Mice are pests and need to be disposed of. They are harmful in a controlled environment as stated before in other comments. I think in the situation provided the sticky trap was the best one to use. Poisons and the various snap traps would pose a risk to humans and also open up Walmart for liability.

ethics policy

I'm disappointed I wrote the Global Ethics Office in July 2017 regarding "dating within the workplace"...

daughter injured

My 14 month old child's foot got stuck in the grocery cart at walmart. It took 3 manager people, three...

horrible treatment of customers

I used to frequent this Neighborhood WalMart until a few nights ago when I found myself sick and needed to...

incorrect prescription filled

Saturday, September 25, 2010, I had a prescription (Glipizide ER XL 5mg TAB) filled at your pharmacy. However, I discovered that the Glipizide that I was given on Saturday was not the medicine I had been taking. Upon my discovery, I returned to the pharmacy with what I thought was the wrong medicine. At this time, I was told that the Glipizide that I was given on Saturday was the correct medicine. However, the Glipizide that I had been taking for 5 months was not the Glipizide that I was given on Saturday, September 25, 2010. For 5 months I was given the wrong medicine. Because the numbers corresponded, I was told that I had the correct medicine. This is not true. An error of this magnitude is inconceivable. A mistake as serious as this should not be overlooked. Mistakes like this should not happen. Also on Monday, September 27, 2010, I once again returned to the pharmacy to speak with the manager. Ms. Wollanso Boschulte was no help. Her attitude was as if this mistake did not happen. Ms. Boschulte acted as if I did not know what I was talking about. Ms. Boschulte told me that when I left the store that would be the end of the situation because I did not have any more of the pills remaining. But for 5 months I was taking a Glipizide that did not resemble the medicine I was given on Saturday. In all the years that I have had prescriptions filled, I have never been given the wrong medicine. This incident should be thoroughly investigated. This is just unforgivable. I can no longer trust Wal-Mart Pharmacy to safely fill my prescriptions.

• Du
    dustydawnn Sep 29, 2010

one way to be sure who is right/wrong is to look up the pill information

seems as though either you were given a generic or for five months have been taking the wrong medication, or vis versa. However, I would not allow any wal-mart store manager to talk down to me. CALL CORPORATE ASAP! And threaten a law suit. This is against the law.

• Mu
    Murmura Dec 18, 2010

Glipizide 5mg xl or er tablets are available from more than one manufacturer. Glucotrol xl 5mg tabs are also the same drug. Judging from the manager's reaction, I would say that it is likely that they gave you the same drug in a different brand. Each brand has its own unique imprint so if you got a different brand, it would not be identical to your previous tablet. Although the law does not requirethis, as a courtesy, the pharmacist or technician should inform the patient when a different brand is used. Usually they will attach a sticker to the bottle which says something like "medicine may have different shape or color- new brand in use". I must admit that at my pharmacy, patients aren't always informed of brand changes. Some drugs such as lisinopril, simvastatin, and metotoprolol come in many brands, shapes, and sizes. We switch brands pretty often and usually get a few calls per week from concerned patients. If this was the case in your situation, the pharmacist should have taken the time to explain it to you.

won't refund/exchange

I bought an rca dvd home theater system model # rtd325w (On the box) within 22 hours of purchase I try to return/exchange the merchandise as it won't work. I carry the receipt (Which also showed that I purchased a one year extended warranty) to the customer service desk. After waiting an hour an assistant manager (Chris sanders) shows up and tells me that because the serial number on the box and the serial number on the equipment don't match he won't do anything for me. How was I to know that the serial numbers weren't going to match in a sealed box? I didn't even think to check when I got home, however he told me that even if I had tried to return it that same day he wouldn't have done anything for me because the box was open. How was I to check that the serial numbers matched if I couldn't open the box? I couldn't get in touch with the store manager or the district manager as of course today is sunday. Now what do I do about getting my monies back or getting the product exchanged? I've worked several dozen years in retail and never treated the customer like I was treated... And still no satisfaction. Was going to purchase over $150.00 worth of other merchandise I needed but I took my money and went to k-mart instead.

muslim wearing black burqa

I went to walmart to do my regular grocery shopping but I was very upset because I have notice a woman wearing black burqa covering her entire body and face. I know that she was a muslim of some sorts. I was very offended by her outfit. I ask myself why does walmart have to allowed someone to enter the store without showing her/his face. I however, just got very discourage and walk out. I don't like to be intimidated by this kind of outfit. So, my complain is why do they allowed this people to dress no offensive and intimidated to others. I know that they first excuse will be "Freedom of Religion". But it not really religion is a symbol of witchcraft and a cult. I demand that walmart do something about it or I will file a lawsuit against walmart for allowing such cult to take over our store...

pobarjenkins Sep 24, 2010

I also believe this is a joke, otherwise the poster is an awful excuse for a human being, not to mention a complete and total ### and failure.

• As
    AshleyAych Sep 30, 2010

Are you for real or just [poorly] attempting to joke?

You obviously don't understand what a cult is.
    You need to learn to be tolerant.
    She wasn't trying to intimidate anyone. Does she look like a ghost to you, is this why you were afraid?
    School yourself.

counterfeit money

I picked up cash sent to me via money gram from walmart. The amount of $600.00. They gave me 5 one hundred dollar bills and two fifty dollar bills. I went later that eve to pay a bill and was informed that one of the hundreds wasnt real. I went back to walmart the following day and handed the cash to the manager and told her I got this money from here, she counted it twice and said well whats wrong its all here. I told her that one wasnt real, she called the supervisor and I was informed that there is nothing they can do about it. That how do they know I ididnt do it myself. I asked for the supervisors name and she showed me her tag that said "toni" I asked for her last name and she said I dont need it and walked away. I ve called the 1800 walmart number n the corporate number, all to no avail. Am I suppose to eat this fake bill??
The supervisor was nt helpful at all, matter of fact she was quite rude!!! This is the walmart in front royal va.

pobarjenkins Sep 23, 2010

That's a tough one.

• Ye
    yesme343 Sep 23, 2010

this happend to me also in florida, and i too got fake money from a 7-11, and i didnt know it was fake, and went to steak n shake and tried to purchase something with it, the best thing to do is call the cops and let them know of the situation, and yes basically just eat the money. nothing can be done about it.

bad hair cuts

For 2 years now I've been growing my hair, to fix a mess a previous hairdresser had made. My hair wa...

never received the voucher

I won a voucher from walmart and i was told to go down load my card with $4.99 for postage handling and i...

customer service in pharmacy

I use to remember when customer service was stressed so much. Now it is hard to see someone go a litte extra...

hacked

I got a Money Card and within 5 days I was told the date was wrong and to put one they gave me down and then I couldn't buy anything bause the CVC # on back was wrong. They did nothing so I feared I was hacked and found a place on line that I bought with the 250.00 I had in it. It was really bad and had to buy something I didn't need just to gt my money out. I was then able to close the card.

• Ro
    Rosa j Jul 28, 2011

My walmart money card was hacked twice by the same two companies in India even after I disputed the charges and walmart cleared me of them refunded my $500.00 after a month they let the same two companies charge my new card. I've talked to 4 people in the Phillipines this morning and they say the merchant provided proof I was the one who made the charge. Wow, didn't know I was in India watching a freaking movie!!! I'm canceling my card and will NEVER trust Walmart again, I suggest you do the same.

• Ca
    Carly 4 Mar 21, 2012

My husband and I have had 2 cards but one account - since we have had it it has been hacked twice. We told Walmart about it and they would not help us, no money gotten back, they gave us a new card but the account was the exact same - we should of known this was not good. And yep it was a while later but we got hacked- again. Not a big amount- but he doesnt know how mouch my husband eyes our our spending - a gun in WA? I have never been to WA! Little things like that but places we never have gone.
    Frustrating!!! We puled our money and got a real Bank account. So disgusted that they would do nothing for us.

when can a store manager call a customer a liar

On 8/25 I went to the Wal-Mart to get the oil changed and the tires rotated. I arrived at a couple of minute...