Complaints & Reviews

Wal Mart Credit Cardcannot get them to close account

My husand and I received an offer for a WalMart credit card for $100 limit. We paid our account off with them in 2008 and closed the account (so we were told). We didn't respond to the offer, didn't get a card in the mail, didn't activate it either. Next thing we know we get a bill in late August with a $45 balance on it. When I called to inquire and close the account (that I did not open) I was told the $45 was for credit card security dues and I had to call the company on the invoice to cancel that then, and only then, I could call WalMart back to close the account. On September 3rd I called the "credit card secuirty service" which was a Montgomery Ward recording and talked to "Linda" and had the dues rescinded. I was advised they would close the account through WalMart with no further hassle to me. Since that time I have received bills, collection calls and many a heartache being on the phone for many hours trying to get the problem resolved. I am told I need to call the credit card security company and when I call they tell me we aren't on their system anymore because they closed our account on September 3rd. It is now November 8th and I have received harassing phone calls and bills with late payment charges that now total approximately $65. I had a WalMart Customer Service Representative accuse me of cursing at her tonight when I did not. I also told the lady that I did not want to have problems with any of this showing up on my credit report. I have never been so harassed, pissed, mad, upset and put off by this kind of situation in my life. Interestingly, when I called last week on the 4th (yes this is a weekly thing) and again talked to the "credit card security company" the young lady I was with on the line decided to help me get this taken care of once and for all. She told me "they" would be upset when she conferenced a call with her, WalMart and myself together in order to take care of the problem. Needless to say once I identified to WalMart that the other party was on the phone with us she miraculously disappeared from the conversation. I was told tonight that the account had been closed but had a $45 balance and they were "investigating" the matter. I have to wonder what WalMart does with all the money from the people who pay these things without putting up the long fight or just not even checking the bill and paying it. Any suggestions any one? I am fed up and WalMart totally sucks in my eyes. I sure hope someone from WalMart sees this because there is no other way I can get through to those people.

• Jb
      j. brian Jan 25, 2011

I just noticed a fee from Card Securities on my Jan. 2011 statement. I called card securities to cancel my enrollment and they did. I them went back and viewed my previous statements and found charges every month from Card Securities. I called them back and asked them to find out for me who authorized my enrollment in their program. They took my information and are supposed to call me in a couple of days. I have over $100 in charges from this company that I didn't authorize. Has anyone else had these charges appear on their walmart credit card statement? If so, did you have any luck getting any of your money back? WARNING ! ! ! ANY ONE WITH A WALMART CREDIT CARD CHECK YOUR STATEMENTS TO MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS NO UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES ON IT. IT TOOK ME A YEAR TO REALIZE IT.

Walmartcredit card error

After my order was rang up, I told the cashier I was using 2 debit cards. I showed the first card and said I need to put $50 on this card and the balance on another card. She said ok swipe the card. I swiped the card. The signature line appeared for me to sign. I asked the cashier, why didn't it show me to sign for only $50. She said she forgot to put it in. I explained to her that that is not what I had wanted. That I only had $50 to be removed from that card. She said well it went through so you must have it in there. I said yes, I do. But, that isn't what I wanted. I had other payments/checks that would be posted to the acct and if I spent more I would have bounced fees. She said, well we will have to re-ring it all up; I don't know what to do. A head cashier came over, she said again it went thru if you want to cancel we have to re-ring it. I said that's what needs to be done. The head cashier re-swiped my card and said it didn't go thru since I didn't sign anything. So, the items were re-rung and I paid $50 towards the $153 order and put the balance on my other card. When I got home, I called my bank and they said the original order for $153 was pending and so was the $50. My bank said I needed to go back to WalMart and have them call with a an authorization number to release the hold on my account; I couldn't do that. So, I went back to WalMart spoke with the assistant manager, politely told her what happened. She looked up my original receipt. In the meantime, the head cashier came over (the one that I had at the original transaction). I told her that the bank said it went through and that I was very upset. In the meantime, I had checks that would be pending on this account too and that bounced fees would be piling up. She and the assistant manager said there was nothing they could do for me. That WalMart doesn't get involved in my problems. MY PROBLEMS! They even said it was my fault that I chose my bank and it could take up to 30 days for my money to be returned into my account. I then got VERY UPSET! MY PROBLEM!! I did get very upset then. I said who is going to pay for these fees; what am I suppose to do without my money, what happens if this transaction does go through and I am out the $153 plus the $50 that I did the second time. I asked if she would please call the banks 800 number to help me. She said no. Another man from management came over and told me to be quiet that it wasn't WalMarts fault that if I had been accurate in the first place there wouldn't be an issue. So now I am no longer the victim I am the problem. The three said it wasn't there problem it was mine and it was now between me and my bank!!! So who cares if the cashier made the original mistake. I stood there for an extra half hour trying to get this right and it is MY MONEY MY BANK and I am the customer. In these days, $153 is alot of money plus bank fees and the humiliation of returned fees that I can't afford to pay. BECAUSE WALMART CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEIR MANAGEMENT HAVE NO SKILLS TO ADMIT THEY MADE A MISTAKE NOR WOULD THEY EVEN TRY TO CORRECT IF FOR ME. I told them you want me to be quiet. I have been here 3 times in 2 hours due to your mistake not mine and now it's all my fault! I even told the head cashier you were standing there when the cashier admitted she made the mistake; now she sides with management and the -ell with me. I left there in such a terrible state of tears, humiliation and nausea.

NlCK Nov 06, 2010

wow that is some ### luck. I see where you are coming from and it is in fact walmart's fault. If they wont take responsibility for their employees actions, you may want to consider legal measures. I would consult a lawyer if I were you. Consulting is usually free, and if they say you have a case, and if you actually win, walmart will have to cover your legal fees. Also ask your bank to waive the fees given the scenario. If they won't, you may have to cover them temporarily until walmart bucks up and pays you back in or out of court.

Walmart / Smart Style Salonpoor customer service

I went to Smart Style Salon at 9:00am to get a relaxer so I could go to work that afternoon. I had to wait for the stylist because she came in to work wearing capris and wanted to buy some long pants in Walmart. I left and came back and the stylist was in the back of the store. She did not acknowledge me when I came in. I had to find her. She was not very friendly and she did not smile.

I spent three hours getting a relaxer, a blow dry and flat iron. She did not blow dry my hair all the way before applying heat from the flat iron, she over heated my hair with the flat iron, she did not use any styling tools when she blew dried my hair. By the time I left, my hair looked terrible. She did not even give me a style. You could not tell that I had been to the salon.

The stylist had the nerve to give me her card in case I wanted to come back after I complained that it took so long for nothing. I will never let this woman touch my hair again. She was unfriendly and did not know how to do her job.

samsam21 Jan 23, 2011

loooool, paid the best in the industry? 7.30 per hour( minimum wage), and if you can make commission... 40 % and no hourly pay! No, and no that is an awful pay rate for a stylist, especially when you clean shelves, restock, mop and sweep, run the front desk, answer phones, do laundry, hand out coupons and check out products on top of it all! No excusing that awful cut you got, and I hope they make it right for you! But for every good stylist there are also the bad ones, who do not listen and or just inexperienced or don't care. I do hope they make it right! and boy am I glad i got out of there! now I make what I should!

Walmart Brand Coffeechanged and called the same

Have been buying WalMart brand Arabica Bean Coffee for years and years so this month they make the can 6 oz smaller charge the same and change it to "roast" which is horrid coffee, it lacks flavor and I know it is cheaper. I used to be able to count on it but no more. Why don't they just say" Brand New, no flavor, cheaper coffee, now get less for more money!"
        Also they don't carry frozen Welch's Cranberry Juice any more . Numerous other "good" items have disappeared.

• Re
            Redflag96 Nov 01, 2010

I quit shopping at the hole years ago for some of the same and many other reasons.Most of their great value stuff is now at sams which is what?$35/year just to walk in.Now if there are 3 things i purchase there per month, it is alot.I used to work for a company which contracted with them and as a result, I saw many pre-store opening things which occur.Between what the company makes and what they pay their employees AND benefits, the place is a joke alone.Add in the fact that they charge $2 more for extra sized clothing, probably because they have to pay another kid in China 30 cents/hour to hold up the other half because it is too big for 1 kid, then sell it for $17 with shoddy stitching, screw them.Yes my wife has been sewing for 20+ years and knows shoddy stitching when she sees it and will not buy clothes there.Anyone can see brainwashing also, almost cult-like...seriously.

Walmart Money Cardwalmart money card is a scam, loosing money, activation

I'd like to worn you about the walmart money card scam!
          I decided to put money on to pay my bills, including electricity, phone, cell phone, water bill, and rest of my utility bills. I go to my local federal way walmart and bought a card.
          I came home to try to activate it online and it wouldn't let me. So I then call them to ask and they said that my information doesn't match. I've had there card before with no problems. They say my information may not match and dont activate it. They said to allow 4-6 weeks for the check to come with the amount loaded. I paid $3 for the card, and the charged me $3.00 to send out check. I am so pissed and will never use walmart money cards again.
          I know im not the only one and sure they are making intrest off my money. I am so frustrated now I have no money at all to pay my bills and have to wait for another month for my paycheck.
          I at least wanted to go to my local walmart and get my money back and they wouldn't let me.
          Boy, I hope you dont get scammed by the wal-mart money card : (

Wal-mart/acer Aspire 1warranty fraud/ rude customer service

An update to the acer fraud, thievery and bogus warranty and walmart bogus warranty, fraud, false pretenses:

A customer "service" hateful, sarcastic voice woman at walmart asked what the story was regarding acer. I told her. She bore false witness!!! She stated that walmart has a 15 day warranty. I pointed out that is not true as you have not taken the product out of the package in 15 days and a flimsy piece of trash may last 15 days. A 15 day warranty is a sick, sick joke. It is worthless, hence, not a warrany!! The hater of customers anti-service rep then said she has an acer and it works fine. I could tell that she was lying. Now that is some customer service!! A lying hateful, sarcastic talking girl employed by walmart: typical. And overweight at that! Next time i'll tell her: "you believe in acer. Pay back the 313.00 that acer stole from me when they refused to honor their warranty; even asked for 169.00 on top of that! If you buy a vehicle for 20000, do you expect to pay an extra 12715.65 on top of that because the dealer forfeits his warranty while bearing false witness and insisting the vehicle is on warranty?!?!!"
            Learn from this, walmart! This happened: when sears-k-mart, nee k-mart tried to say the warranty had expired on one of their products, I showed the receipt. Even though it was "past warranty period", they let me replace it. The original only lasted less than 3 months. The replacement {same value; same price; same brand } lasted 15 years. This is good public relations, and, so long as sears hasn't corrupted k-mart, I will give k-mart a great deal of business and ask thousands of friends, loved ones, students, employees, customers and acquaintances to do likewise. But walmart has blatantly and obscenely proven that it knows nothing about customer relations; cares nothing about customer relatons; looks down upon you as a slave to be exploited and is condescending toward the people who pay their salaries and make wal-abominable possible to be a going concern!!!
            Further proof is hiring a filthy pond # like that so-called "customer service representative". And, after that, she pointed again to the 15 day walmart warranty!!! What!!! Fifteen days and she lies and brings it up after I had already shot down that blaspheymy?!?!?!!! I mean, what a braindead dilldock!!
            In addition to that, I had the receipt. But walmart cares nothing about cutting their customers slack. An evil operation like that won't last long. Doubtless they are aspiring to be medieval barons with their goal to be for you to have no choice but to do business with them! They must think of themselves as medieval nobles who can do what they want to the serfs. Walmart looks at patrons as serfs; as worthless eaters. That's it!! That's why they are so globalist and love the lying, internationalist propaganda put out by the press, the sorcerer sodomite shrinks, the actors, the scondrel politicians, the university professors, the public school superintendents - "the people that matter". That's what walmart is. And they'll go down. Read psalms, proverbs, revelation, etc. Wal-abominable will go down. Be sure your sin will find you out: numbers 32:23. For our god is a consuming fire: hebrews 12:29.... And the abominable... Shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death: revelation 21:8
            E r rocky

• Fe
                fedup123470 Aug 08, 2011

Hey jerk!!! I was all for what you said til you brought up weight!! fu Just because someone is overweight has nothing to do with it!!

'

Walmartaccused of stealing

I was in the Walmart by my school the other day buying a couple items with my friends. As I was walking out of the store somebody came up behind me and told me to stop because I had stolen merchandise in my purse. I instantly stopped and started at the man because I knew he must be joking. However, he preceded to tell me that I had stolen a 5-hour energy drink from the store. I took out my receipt from the bag and showed him that I had purchased the energy drink that I had apparently "stolen." He then tried to tell me that I had another 5-hour energy in my purse that I had not purchased and that he was calling the police. So standing in front of Walmart, I poured the contents of my leather Diesel purse out on to the sidewalk to show him that in fact I had nothing stolen in my bag. Instead of just realizing his mistake, the man started to raise his voice at me and told me that he needed his merchandise back and that there was video footage of me putting a 5-hour energy drink into my purse. At this point I was just confused because there was nothing in my purse and he was still telling me that he was calling the police. He then made me walk into the store with him and show him where I picked up the drink that I had purchased. Once I showed him where I picked up the energy drink I bought, he said he could still call the police but he would let me go with a warning. A warning for what?! I did nothing wrong! The whole situation was embarrassing and strange. Needless to say, I will never shop at a Walmart store again.

NlCK Nov 06, 2010

funny story: i went to a walmart with a friend a few years ago. well i was actually shoplifting some stuff while my friend was just browsing and had no idea i was stealing anything. on our way out he was stopped by a manager and pulled into their office because they thought he was stealing. I on the other hand left the store and waited for him down the street with the stolen stuff and we met up about 20 minutes later. neither one of us got into trouble but what's funny is that he was accused of stealing because he's puerto rican, meanwhile the actual shoplifter was overlooked because i am white. moral of the story, never judge a book by it's cover. and you should have told that security guard where to put that 5 hour energy drink.

• Re
                  Rebelpython Dec 27, 2010

The accusations of stealing are so bad at the Marietta Ohio walmart that I'm certain that employees are going to get assaulted. I've personally been stopped at the door three times. I was outright accused of theft and recieved no apology when I had the reciept for whatever I had. I've never stolen anything in my life. I have, however, punched a few people in the mouth.

• Xl
                  xliabiax Jan 06, 2011

My Walmart loss prevention officer clearly does not care if the suspected item is your personal item. Once they suspect that you are committing theft, they will and i mean they WILL detain you for assuming you stole something.

Its unfortunate that i had to experience this humiliating experience at my local Walmart store. I was accused of stealing a lip balm. Which in fact was my very own personal item. What is even more insulting is that they no longer sell the item in the store as it has been discontinued (Chap Ice by Oralabs). Still the LP procedeed in accusing me of theft. They will make threats that they have it on camera and to have the cops involved making you look and feel like you actually committed a crime and intimidate you to the full extent. I understand that it is part of their job to act this way but they also should consider that not everyone they suspect is guilty of theft. I feel that Walmart is running their stores to suspect every customer as possible shoplifters and training the greeters as guard dogs rather than to greet the customers, hence they are greeters!

So please be aware! if you decide to use your USED lip balm in the store prepare for a hassle and possibly harassment.

Walmart — walmart bait and switch pricing

Classic bait and switch pricing. Online, Walmart offers (in this particular instance) a replacement Optical...

Walmart — car vandalized in parking lot

My car was vandalized in a Walmart parking lot and I can't get security to respond. No one seems to know...

Walmartdefective product

Walmartstores.com (the online store) basically cheated me out of my purchases. I had downloaded dozens of Mp3's several years ago which no longer play on my computer because Walmart changed something with the licensing.

When I try to play them I get a message that the "Windows Media Player can't play this file, " etc. Then the message instructs me to go to my Walmart mp3 download account page, sign in, install the download manager (which I already did), and select "authorize this computer" which, it says, is "required." Except there is no "authorize this computer" option anywhere on the page.

I remember reading somewhere online that Walmart simply told its customers who had downloaded music from their website before a certain date (the date before they made their licensing change, or whatever) that they were basically SOL, so to speak. When I tried to email Walmart customer support, after taking ten minutes to fill out the required fields and describe my complaint, I got an error message saying that the transmission of my email failed. There was no explanation for the error and no information how to correct it. So I clicked around the site for another customer service link and went through the whole process again, only to be informed by another pop-up message that I had not filled out all of the required fields. True, there was one required field that I did not fill out, but that was because the box was grayed-out and unresponsive, no matter how many times I clicked on it.

It really seems as though Walmart is trying their best to screw over their customers and hide from being held accountable. I would think they would have it in their power to restore my downloaded mp3's that I paid GOOD MONEY for, or at least refund me. It honestly feels like they've comittednnothing short of theft. If they don't fix this problem I will NEVER download music from them again. I will also tell everyone I know not to patronize their business, tweet my dissatisfaction to the world, and go on every blog and website I can find in order to diss them. They deserve it, the greedy corporate ###.

defective product

• Ti
                    tiffanyctd Jan 19, 2011

It's frustrating, but there IS a fix. I actually called the 800 # and was very quickly instructed to log in with my old email address. They even transferred my to email services so I could have the password reset without having to go to my old email account. Anyway, once I was logged in under my old account, the authorization was right there and it walked me through the steps to get my music back. As much as I don't usually like Walmart, and was unhappy with having to reauthorize everything, customer service was great and I've got my music back.

Walmartstore would not let me cancel order and get refund!

Store manager would not let me cancel my order and get a refund on an item that I am still waiting for three weeks for. I was guaranteed 7-10 days but still has not got here. So, went in the store the customer service online says I have a right to cancel my order and get a refund. Store manager and staff were very rude and thought it was a joke and denied me my refund. Told me that when the item was actually in the store they'll cancel it and refund. Made a joke about me being on disabilty and being a Veteran! Told them I would notify attorney and other Veterans about this and they said go ahead we don't really care and laughed! Do bnot do buisness with Walmart in Randleman NC!

Walmartemployment

I started working at Wal Mart in 2001. The pay was great, the benefits were awesome, and the employees were hard-working, sensible people. I had to quit in 2007 to take care of my sick father. 2 years later, I returned, only to find out they would not re-hire me because of a background check they started in 2004. I had a misdemeanor charge in 1999, when I was 18. I am still in the system as "re-hireable", yet they won't let me come back because of a minor charge I got when I was 18. Now, they hire felons for huge tax breaks, but if you have a misdemeanor, you're screwed. I wasted 6 years working 40-70 hours a week for this company. I started as a cashier and left a salaried assistant manager. It makes me sad to know that they have taken away all the great profit sharing and retirement benefits they once offered. Now, all they hire is part time bums who do nothing, while screwing all the full time associates that have put 10+ years into learning the business. Sam Walton would be so disapointed.

• Aj
                        AJay Oct 14, 2010

Hi

Just a note to inform you in Florida by law enforcement agencies and county records any arrest and or charges will remain on your record forever. Though if the company uses a background/Criminal history comany (ie...a consumer reporting agency, this is not a credit bureau) they will only maintain this information for 7 years. Get a copy of this check (its your right) if you have not already. This will reveal where they obtained this info which also will assist you if you can reapply maybe to another Walmart or Sam's if the date is past 7 years. Again if they did not obtain it from the county courts or law enforcement. FYI... Florida is one of the few states that has this law.

Additionally Walmart can not discriminate by EEOC law Title VII in general for individuals with negative records. They have to prove your misdemeaner applies directly to your job...ie a sex offender working at a school...and length of time since the conviction applies as well.

Because of your past good service try writing /email a corporate officer in their Corporate offices in Arkansas about this dilema, and remember its Xmas time... Also try viewing the EEOC website and the internet to see if Walmart is currenty in trouble for background issues.

Hope this helps!

Ajay

Super Smart Consumer Nov 09, 2010

Maggie - do you have a real job or do you just spend your time writing ridiculous nonsensical posts on this site? Get a grip on reality, girl!

Super Smart Consumer Dec 28, 2010

Maggie - HELLO???!!! answer the question. Bet you don't have a real job...probably you are on some type of assistance program for the mentally ill. We request that take your meds (DAILY) and do what the doctors tell you do do.

Super Smart Consumer Dec 30, 2010

All - I welcome your comments regarding Maggie. She's gone over the edge. Poor thing.

Walmartnegligence

I have never put words to paper regarding my Mother's untimely death but after 20 years and a month I thought it might be a good release...

Following my Mother's death in 1990, my family spent 10 long years in both state and federal courts fighting for rights of consumers and the reasonable security they are owed when visiting a retail store such as Walmart. Not only did Walmart's legal team deny that my Mother was anywhere near there store when she had receipts from their store the day of her death, they also argued that they had no responsibility for her or anyone else's safety on their premises. Using the clout that a corporation of their size has, they were able to be dismissed from our case. While I understand the goals of any corporation, I deplore the efforts of Walmart's legal team who hid evidence and skirted the law in order to free Walmart from any legal obligation they had at the time of my Mother's murder.

I have not bought a single item from this God forsaken company since the day my Mother left us.

I understand that life isn't fair, and that "fair" is nothing but a festival that comes once a year. But I also believe in karma, and those who err on the wrong side of it are only waiting for karma to come full circle.

pobarjenkins Oct 13, 2010

Unless you describe the situation better, no one here can be "helped" by your experience.

• Vi
                          visforvendetta Oct 18, 2010

No, an employee of Walmart did not murder my Mom. I am not here to "help" anyone beyond letting people know that my family's experience with Walmart was awful. For over ten years they fought in court that they do not have a responsibility for customers' reasonable security on their premises. Our victory was getting the laws changed in the state of Tennessee, but year after year, Walmart lobbies politicians to pass bills overturning what my father worked on for over ten years so that hopefully someone else doesn't experience the same tragedy. The company presents itself as the all american company but they are anything but that. I understand there will be comments from people that don't know my story and will be as impersonal as Walmart was in their comments, but thats alright, I'm pretty sure I can handle it.

pobarjenkins Oct 18, 2010

I think there is only so much Walmart can do to make sure customers are good people without violating the rights of those people. They can't catch everyone bad seed, and its not their job.

pobarjenkins Oct 18, 2010

*Every bad seed* Pardon my typo.

• Vi
                          visforvendetta Oct 20, 2010

Historical crime data for the shopping center showed that it was an area that had an increased level of crime which would tell a business owner that adequate security measures for their customers should be in place. Walmart had knowledge of the cirme levels but did nothing in reposnse to them. By not acting on the known criminal activity at this Walmart, the company allowed for crimes to continue to take place on their premises. Walmart is not responsible for a criminal's behavior. Walmart is responsible for the adequate security for their customers. There wasn't any of the security measures that you typically see in place today at this particular Walmart. No cameras, patrolling security guards in vehicles, adequate lighting, etc...

What rights are you talking about violating? That's a rather bizarre way to think about it.

Wal - Mart Electronics Department — eletronic staff

This has happened almost everytime I go to Walmart when i go to the electronics section everytime i go there...

Walmartanimal cruelty

I was walking through Walmart yesterday and I was looking at dog treats and I heard this screaming noise like a little animal and I looked under the shelf and there was a mouse stuck on a glue trap trying to get off and it was screaming! This was extremely disturbing especially since I love animals so much. I almost got physically sick! I can't believe that they would use those things instead of a normal quick trap to kill mice. What if it was a curious little kid looking under the shelf...anyone could've heard this. I didn't know what to do and I thought about it all day...couldn't get the image out of my head! I don't know if I will ever go to Walmart again! I would've taken a picture but that seemed morbid and I couldn't look at it again...made me want to cry.

pobarjenkins Oct 04, 2010

I definitely don't like the glue traps. The mouse suffers and it's still alive so it can still technically harm others. Unfortunately for a store like walmart, I don't know if it would be able to have mouse traps around (as that could harm shoppers). Maybe some sort of spray or repellent?

pobarjenkins Oct 04, 2010

Or they could use one of those nice large mouse traps that are like a little house for the mice (completely covered and all).

pobarjenkins Oct 04, 2010

I'm not too familiar with rodent control, I just wanted to suggest alteratives.

Correction: "alternatives"

answeringyourquestions Oct 13, 2010

POOR MOUSE

NlCK Nov 06, 2010

wow, there are way bigger things to worry about in life than the humane treatment of mice. and that is definitely not walmart's top priority.

• Dc
                            dc_09 Jan 02, 2011

Why didn't you inform an employee so they could have disposed of the mouse? I completely disagree with you. The mouse's quality of life should be less of a concern then other things. A snap trap is dangerous to humans compared to a sticky trap. Lets go with your example, what if a child was to reach under there and find a snap trap that hadn't been set off by a mouse?

Mice are pests and need to be disposed of. They are harmful in a controlled environment as stated before in other comments. I think in the situation provided the sticky trap was the best one to use. Poisons and the various snap traps would pose a risk to humans and also open up Walmart for liability.

Walmart Supercenter — ethics policy

I'm disappointed I wrote the Global Ethics Office in July 2017 regarding "dating within the workplace"...

Walmart — daughter injured

My 14 month old child's foot got stuck in the grocery cart at walmart. It took 3 manager people, three...

Neighborhood Walmart — horrible treatment of customers

I used to frequent this Neighborhood WalMart until a few nights ago when I found myself sick and needed to...

Wal - Mart Pharmacyincorrect prescription filled

Saturday, September 25, 2010, I had a prescription (Glipizide ER XL 5mg TAB) filled at your pharmacy. However, I discovered that the Glipizide that I was given on Saturday was not the medicine I had been taking. Upon my discovery, I returned to the pharmacy with what I thought was the wrong medicine. At this time, I was told that the Glipizide that I was given on Saturday was the correct medicine. However, the Glipizide that I had been taking for 5 months was not the Glipizide that I was given on Saturday, September 25, 2010. For 5 months I was given the wrong medicine. Because the numbers corresponded, I was told that I had the correct medicine. This is not true. An error of this magnitude is inconceivable. A mistake as serious as this should not be overlooked. Mistakes like this should not happen. Also on Monday, September 27, 2010, I once again returned to the pharmacy to speak with the manager. Ms. Wollanso Boschulte was no help. Her attitude was as if this mistake did not happen. Ms. Boschulte acted as if I did not know what I was talking about. Ms. Boschulte told me that when I left the store that would be the end of the situation because I did not have any more of the pills remaining. But for 5 months I was taking a Glipizide that did not resemble the medicine I was given on Saturday. In all the years that I have had prescriptions filled, I have never been given the wrong medicine. This incident should be thoroughly investigated. This is just unforgivable. I can no longer trust Wal-Mart Pharmacy to safely fill my prescriptions.

• Du
                              dustydawnn Sep 29, 2010

one way to be sure who is right/wrong is to look up the pill information

seems as though either you were given a generic or for five months have been taking the wrong medication, or vis versa. However, I would not allow any wal-mart store manager to talk down to me. CALL CORPORATE ASAP! And threaten a law suit. This is against the law.

• Mu
                              Murmura Dec 18, 2010

Glipizide 5mg xl or er tablets are available from more than one manufacturer. Glucotrol xl 5mg tabs are also the same drug. Judging from the manager's reaction, I would say that it is likely that they gave you the same drug in a different brand. Each brand has its own unique imprint so if you got a different brand, it would not be identical to your previous tablet. Although the law does not requirethis, as a courtesy, the pharmacist or technician should inform the patient when a different brand is used. Usually they will attach a sticker to the bottle which says something like "medicine may have different shape or color- new brand in use". I must admit that at my pharmacy, patients aren't always informed of brand changes. Some drugs such as lisinopril, simvastatin, and metotoprolol come in many brands, shapes, and sizes. We switch brands pretty often and usually get a few calls per week from concerned patients. If this was the case in your situation, the pharmacist should have taken the time to explain it to you.

Wal-mart/rcawon't refund/exchange

I bought an rca dvd home theater system model # rtd325w (On the box) within 22 hours of purchase I try to return/exchange the merchandise as it won't work. I carry the receipt (Which also showed that I purchased a one year extended warranty) to the customer service desk. After waiting an hour an assistant manager (Chris sanders) shows up and tells me that because the serial number on the box and the serial number on the equipment don't match he won't do anything for me. How was I to know that the serial numbers weren't going to match in a sealed box? I didn't even think to check when I got home, however he told me that even if I had tried to return it that same day he wouldn't have done anything for me because the box was open. How was I to check that the serial numbers matched if I couldn't open the box? I couldn't get in touch with the store manager or the district manager as of course today is sunday. Now what do I do about getting my monies back or getting the product exchanged? I've worked several dozen years in retail and never treated the customer like I was treated... And still no satisfaction. Was going to purchase over $150.00 worth of other merchandise I needed but I took my money and went to k-mart instead.