Having problems with Mr. Cooper?

Mr. Cooper Customer Service Contacts

PO Box 650783, Dallas, TX 75265-0783

For overnight mail
Lake Vista 4, 800 State Highway 121 Bypass, Lewisville, TX 75067

Notice Of Error/Request For Information
Notice of error, complaints, request for information or other qualified written requests
Attn: Customer Relations, PO Box 619098, Dallas, TX 75261-9741

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Mr. Cooper Customer Service. Initial Mr. Cooper complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Mr. Cooper above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Mr. Cooper. Discuss the issues you have had with Mr. Cooper and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Mr. CooperMortgage payoff/refi - unnecessary fees/poor customer service

So I'm in the process of refinancing and the title company requested a payoff from Mr.Cooper. Little did I know that Mr.Cooper charges a fee of $25 to anyone requesting payoff by fax or email. They said they don't charge for mail but it's actually cheaper to email/fax but that's just another way they're screwing their customers. I asked to file a complaint and the representative Kayla Estrella in AZ argued with me about my complaint. She said it's a fee from my investor, Fannie Mae. She asked me what she can do for me and I told her again to log my complaint. Then she said it's done and I asked for a reference number or something to provide to me that a complaint was logged in my behalf. She said she doesn't have anything to provide. Very little confidence that she logged my complaint especially since she was arguing with me the whole time. Plus this is the first time I've had a fee charged for asking for payoff. And never heard of anyone else being charged from Fannie Mae.

Mr. CooperMisinformation given to me by them

I had my loan go into forbarence and I was misinformed at what would happen at the end. My ex husbands name is stuck on theism. I was told at the end of the forbarence that I could do a modification without my exhusbands name being signed. Now they are saying I need his signature and he refuses to sign. Nobody will call me back and I can't refinance cause of the balloon amt owing.

Dec 30, 2020

Mr Cooper — They are making it hard to get a mortgage forbearance

My conversation with Peter Francis Geraci lawyers Your Message 12/30/20 Is what they are doing even legal...

Mr. CooperMortgage

My mortgage was sold from Mr cooper to a different bank. Then Mr. Cooper says that sale was in error and the mortgage is still with Mr. Cooper. The new bank is also saying they own the mortgage. I am now stuck with 2 mortgages and both banks say they own it. Neither bank is doing anything to clear up this mess. I now have 2 mortgage payments that are due on January 1st.

Mr. CooperInaccurate payment/late history

Mr. Cooper placed a 30 day late on my credit report for my August 2019 mortgage payment. I was advised by Mr. Cooper customer service /mortgage representative not to make my payment in the same month as my sale /closing of the home. I was further advised that if a payment/overpayment occurred that it would be cumbersome and extremely time consuming to receive a refund as my account would be already closed after the sale. I verified this with numerous calls to Mr. Cooper and they should have a voice recording of the calls as " all calls are recorded for quality and training purposes". Mr, Coopers representative's directions to me and their actual credit reporting are in direct conflict.

James Burhans
        SSN" [protected]
        DOB: o3/19/1968

Please help me resolve this inaccuracy in credit reporting.

Thanks
        James Burhans

Mr. CooperMortgage payment

My mortgage payment was double paid for the month of November and they would not refund the extra payment. They kept promising to refund the payment to my bank account and it never happened. They only thing they would do is allow me to skip the following months payment. The amount of hours I spent on the phone trying to get this resolved was a part time job. The long hold times were crazy. Then I would suddenly get disconnected once a rep answered.
          This is possibly the worst customer service experience I have ever encountered!

Nov 11, 2020

Mr Cooper — Mortgage

Due to Mr Cooper deciding to make a tax payment 11 days prior to its due date it included that payment to my...

Aug 08, 2020

Mr. Cooper — Mortgage

Mr. Cooper is the worst mortgage company to ever exist. Their customer service should be an example for why...

Mr. CooperLoan payoff

Payoff was sent 2 weeks ago with an additional $73000 due to an insurance claim. Answer from customer service is they have 30 business days to return those funds even though their escalation dept will tell you otherwise. Most of the customer service reps are rude. The absolute worst mortgage company I've ever dealt with!

May 29, 2020

Mr. Cooper — They have my money but won't pay my loan off

Mr. Cooper is even worse than Chase bank and that is stating a lot. I made a large payment to my principle...

Mr. CooperFrustrated

I have two loans and one is 14% intrest and the other is 4.7% intrest. After modifications and paying four yrs intrest only with this come from 2006 I still owe the same amount or more and I have been making my payments but nothing is going to principal. I have charges I don't know why they put on there and why I owe the amount they say I owe. I would not recommend this mortgage company

Feb 29, 2020

Mr. Cooper (formerly Nationstar Mortgage) — Payment not applied properly

Loan #[protected], bankruptcy case #1960519 borrower is David F. Haman. I, Shelley Duel am/was authorized on...

Feb 20, 2020

Mr. Cooper (formerly Nationstar Mortgage) — home loan

Mr. Cooper, Nationstar, is doing the same thing to me. They took over my loan from Low VA Rates I received no...

Mr. Cooper (formerly Nationstar Mortgage)billing

they are saying we are deliquent now i send in payments and i have tell them not to put my money to things and i get a bunch of bs the next time to pay its the same i send money for one month they put it to another statement comes and they say i owe all this money how easy they do what the want i never pay after 30 days always before the end of the month i am so sick of the people now they want to take my home and i have not had it that long

Mr. Cooper (formerly Nationstar Mortgage)mortgage 15 year fixed rate

My wife and I took out this mortgage in 2005 to remodel our home . During the course of the loan, they have accessed late charges even when Paid on time, legal fees and inspection fees added in a separate escrow account, of course they charge interest on this account as well. I catch it up and in a couple of months I am behind again . This has been going on for 15 years, my mortgage pays off in a few more months. This company, more Nationstar than Mr cooper have hounded me and stolen money in the way of fees, nothing to do with my monthly payment .I have never seen an inspector on my property, not once . I am charged legal fees, every year, i paid legal fees when the mortgage was first arranged . No matter how many times i try to catch up to their garbage, they find other fees to make me behind again. My payment is 604.00 dollars a month for over 2 years i sent them 750.00 total, yet I kept building an escrow account where I owed more money .

Mr. Cooper (formerly Nationstar Mortgage)mr cooper mortgage company

Mortgage company told me to send a certain amount. I sent it. They held funds, sent the money back and charging me late fees, attorney fees, ect. They extorted me out of money and now won't accept payments.. they added almost $6000 of fees for November and December. I spoke to the attorney representative for mortgage company and they stated they only charge them $600. Please review case

Dec 14, 2019

Mr. Cooper (formerly Nationstar Mortgage) — mortgage

They're stealing my home. I have good payment history going back several years. I pulled it off their...

Mr. Cooper (formerly Nationstar Mortgage)mortgage modification

In July I tried to get modification from this company. They asked application and other infor. I gave them it. After waiting 2 month, I called them, I was told they never receive them. This when on several times. I even when to difference place to have paper work Fax. They denied me, Because they claim never received. Did Application over, some they say they did received 1 copier. I even asked for supervisor, who help for a while, than stop taking my calls. I was denied 2 time, because Mr. Cooper said I never miss a payment. and was in a program which I never know about

Mr. Cooper (formerly Nationstar Mortgage)mortgage loan foreclosure

I've being foreclosed on bc NStar gave me the run around, kept losing my paperwork requests for HARP loan remodification, kept adding fees, & still refused to help like they promised! They've totally ruined my credit & forced me out of my home bc they do not care about anything but taking advantage of consumers, especially in a cancer battle & not able to work!! They need to be penalized fully & never allowed to change name just to keep frauding!!
                        Sincerely, J.Keene

Mr. Cooper (formerly Nationstar Mortgage)mr. cooper does not process payments correctly

In July of 2019 while under chapter 13 I was sent a letter from Mr. Cooper's attorney stating I was behind $1500. After speaking to them they stated I was not behind due to them holding money in my suspense account for whatever reason. They then moved the money and I thought all was good. I spoke to my chapter 13 attorney and after he spoke to Mr Cooper's attorney they stated no I still owed $500 plus the filing fee of $1300. After weeks of going back and forth and getting no where due to being told 10 different things by the mortgage company they finally set up an arrangement to pay an extra $300 monthly for 6 months to cover the shortage of $500 and filing fees of $1300. Well that was in July and now in October they sent a statement stating I was $4000 behind... seriously. No I have made all payments including the additional $300. So after calling and getting the rudest lady on the phone that actually made rude comments under her breathe that I heard and called her out on it. Still nothing. How was I supposly behind only $500 only 3 months ago but now $4000. And all payments have been made??? Where is my money going??? No one will give me a straight answer nor have they called me back. My mortgage is only $995 a month. I will be getting an attorney on this. They are fraudulent and I think my payments are not being posted either not correctly or to someone else's account. I've read many reviews on them not posting payments. I don't want to spend or do I have the money to spend on an attorney but I don't know what else to do.