Walmart / toaster oven

1 Tomball, TX, United States

A product, a toaster oven, on the shelf at Walmart store in Tomball, TX was priced at 1 cent. It was a display item and there were no others like it in stock. There were 5 or 6 other brands priced the same way. There were no other toaster ovens on display the color and size I needed for my kitchen. When I tried to purchase it, the assistant manager would not let me purchase it, saying Walmart doesn't sell display items and that the 1cent price was for the employees to know that item was not to be sold. She lied. I know for a fact that in the past, Walmart has sold me display items. And why would a price be on display items only for other employees to understand? And Customers having no clue? How ridiculous! In the past, I have tried to purchase items that have had a price, and was told at the check out, I had to pay more than the displayed price. Walmart used to be one of my favorite places to shop, but more and more it's becoming my least favorite because of the habitual bait and switch tactics that are being practiced. From "Thoroughly Disgusted"

Re