Walmart Family Mobile / walmart family mobile has poor cell service

United States Review updated:

Never tells you the last payment is cash only +83 cents to be paid at store and you have to know how much you owe. It took me 6 hour to figure this out.the employ’s at the store don’t even know this apparently. no option to continue to pay on line, mail a payment in, or make final payment with a charge. once you transfer your phone # your online account for paying is deactivated instantly and so is your ability to contact them by phone.only automated service that connects to a person with an active phone number under their plan which you no longer have once you leave their plan.

they also don’t tell you that the service you get is not at the same level as regular t-mobile. calls, voice mail and text can come in hours or days later. service often jumps from 4 bars to emergency calls only in the same location in seconds, and it could take an hour for you to get a call out. they tell you they are working on the tower and it should be fixed soon. actually this is their service quality because the tower is up to the limit and regular t mobile customers get service first.

Comments

• Re
      25th of Oct, 2012
    Walmart Family Mobile - October of 2012 bill
    Walmart Family Mobile
    Kansas City
    Kansas

I had two lines on my account and in September of 2012 my son moved out of my home and got a new cell phone through a new carrier. I paid the bill of 88.08 for August, and now Walmart Family Mobile wants me to pay 87.09 for September. I am disabled and ask that they check the second line on my account for September and see if the line was used. The number on the second line is 816-288-7981. Would appreciate if they could make an adjustment to my account for the month of September. I do enjoy my account with Walmart Family Mobile. Please respond as soon as possible.

Sincerely, Rebecca Marquis

• Gr
      11th of Oct, 2013

I am having poor signal service and I have sent both phones back because they are defective. I have waited over two months for them to return my phones. They keep telling me someone will call me back or follow up with me and no one has. I have had to pay out of pocket for new phones. I have missed a day of work and spent over 40 hours on the phone with several customer service and CS manager and no one has resolved my issue. Rude representatives
    Company reported my account to collections
    Inadequate compromise offered
    Conflicting information given by different representatives
    No callback as promised
    Refusal to call a supervisor
    Agent unable or unauthorized to help in my situation
    Repeated failure to rectify
    Kept adding charges to bill
    Disconnected phone

Hard to reach (long hold times)
    Bounced from agent to agent
    Web access not available or not working
    No response to my call/letter/email
    Billed for calls not made