Walgreens Online / duplicate postings on paypal account!

1 MA, United States

I tried ordering a few items through Walgreens online store. They offered the option to pay using "Paypal"... but the order kept failing to go through and I would get Walgreens' failure notice instructing me to try again. Finally after seven or eight tries, the order went through. I did receive my order, but upon checking with paypal found 4 duplicate transactions "pending". I was trying to close my paypal account and you cannot do that with "pending" items. After waiting for about 10 days hoping they would drop off on their own, I contacted both Walgreens and Paypal. For over a week, through multiple emails and levels of personnel, Walgreens continued to deny any responsibility and would not assist with this problem. Paypal referred me to Walgreens and Walgreens referred me to paypal, often without even taking the trouble to understand the difficulty. Paypal finally (after contacting them at least 6 times) fixed it, but Walgreens continued to deny any responsibility and would not contact Paypal to fix it claiming that since it was my account it was my responsibility and there was nothing they could do to remedy the error caused by their system. Additionally, they were unconcerned that this might reveal a more pervasive problem that could affect other consumers. I would advise against using Walgreens.com for any reason.

Lo