Vons / food poisoning

1 store #2615Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:

My husband and I were visiting Las Vegas for our 28th wedding anniversary. We stopped at the Vons (dstore 2615) after golf to pick up some snack food. At the deli counter they were offering '5 dollar Friday Chicken Tenders' - 1 LB for $5.00. We bought a pound (about 5 tenders) and asked for Honey Mustard dipping sauce. About 4 hours after eating them I became violently ill, throwing up followed by alternating chills and sweats. 4 hours after I became ill my husband did the same. We know it had to be the tenders and/or honey mustard sauce as it was the only thing we both had eaten that day.
Obviously this ruined our weekend. We were not able to do any of the things we had planned. We spent 36 hours in our room with an occassional venture out for gatorade or sofa drinks. It was miserable.

Comments

• To
      6th of Jul, 2015

I'm not surprised, VONS (Safeway) in Las Vegas is a rip off. Who knows what they use and re-use to fry those chicken tenders. I have been ordering VONS home delivery for years, however, I noticed that the prices shown on their weekly flyers do NOT match the prices online. I sent them an e-mail on June 25 and another on June 29 asking why the difference but to date I have received no reply. An example, the flyer shows 4 limes for $1, online it shows 60 cents each; mayo $1.99 online $3.99; I could go on and on. I live in Las Vegas, and like hundreds of others I do not have a car, it has been 110F every day for the last two weeks and continuing. Me and many others wish that another supermarket like Smith's or Albertsons would provide delivery service so that we don't have to depend on VONS who, like most businesses in this town, are here to take advantage of the old, the poor and the disabled.