Vodacom / really bad service - not given what I asked for

1 Mainstream Shopping centreHout Bay Cape Town, South Africa Review updated:

In December I did an Upgrade of a data package to a phone package [protected]) and as my husband has always been prepaid ([protected]) thought I would for a Christmas present give him a contract with Vodacom. I explained to the consultant at the Vodashop in Hout Bay and told them the number would need to change to my husbands number for business purposes. They said it was not a problem but could only do the number swop at the end of December 2015. As I was away I went into the store to do the number swop in January only to be told I cannot do this on this contract. The store refuses to help me and said I misunderstood her. Needless to say I am extremely angry and now my Husband now has a phone and contract of which he cannot use as the insurance is only for this number. As a loyal customer of Vodacom for a very long time with 4 contracts I feel so upset and am tempted to make a huge issue on social media about how I feel about them right now. I called the customer care who said they would send a reference number and investigate but nothing I tried calling again and have been cut off the line twice and 1st Attempt at chat line it bombed out. Your company is now no better than Telkom, and your service appalling.

Ma