Vizio / digital tuner stops working after 1 year

1 39 TeslaIrvine, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 949-428-2525

Purchased a 20" LCD HDTV which worked perfectly for one year then the digital tuner took a dump. I returned the TV after much ado with their outsourced call center and the tv was "repaired" & returned to me. Within one month the digital tuner took another dump. My conclusions are that this company can not produce a Digital tuner which will work beyond a year so beware if you buy this TV tack on the cost of an extended warranty or you will be screwed. My best advice is don't buy it in the first place.

Comments

• Tr
      7th of Feb, 2009

We had the same problem. We bought a 47" LCD and since we paid $1600.00 for it and Vizio is the fastest growing LDC tv company...we thought well, it's a good tv don't need the warranty. We could not be any more wrong. Our tv went out 13 months after we bought it...of course 1 month after the manuf. warranty. How convenient. Don't bother dealing with this company they will do nothing for you even if it was one day after the warranty goes out. You will be better off getting a name brand!!!

• En
      2nd of Nov, 2010

We bought a Vizio 42 inch about 3 years ago. Worked great. I even had used the digital TV portion to see how many local digital stations we had.
    After 3 years we decided to buy a Vizio motor mount. It had an auto feature that would move the unit when the TV was powered on and off. When it was turned on the unit would move forward into the last viewing position. Well, manually the mount worked fine. Then I connected it to the digital audio port to see how the auto function worked. It didn't. Tried everything. Finally called support. Days later I finally got into level 3 support and they said I had to have a digital signal coming into the coax input. The optical port would only activate with the coax input receiving the digital signal. You guessed it. The digital tuner was dead. Hence the motor mount wouldn't work and the surround sound would not work. What a pain in the [censor]. Vizio SUCKS!!! Don't buy them. They can't get out of their own way.