Having problems with Vizio?

Vizio Customer Service Contacts

1855 833 3221 (United States)
1877 878 4946 (Canada)
1800 801 0096 (Mexico)
39 Tesla
Irvine, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Vizio Customer Service. Initial Vizio complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Vizio above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Vizio. Discuss the issues you have had with Vizio and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Walmart 60 In Vizio — Product protection plan. .. Asurion

I purchased a 60 inch Vizio TV from Walmart along with the insurance plan.During a storm the TV went out. I...

VizioPoor service

On Feb 19 called complaining of tv that continually shuts off. Repair service was called to our house. Per visio requirements the repair man had to see the problem happen so my family had to put up with watching tv with repair man for 20 min. After repair was completed repair man left problem happened within 10 min of him leaving. Called visio back they stated they would replace tv. Tv was supposedly shipped on March 19 they are passing the delivery on to a secondary company called Manna Distribution. I have called them 3 times each time spending over 20 min to get thru to speak with someone. Manna stated they do not want to deal with they delivery as they have sub contracted out to Safeway delivery. Safeway delivery has an impossible answering system and if you leave a message no one calls you back. is now March 5 Upon last speaking with Manna the delivery company said they just received the product and that they can not deliver for another 4-5 days. Poor communication and the slowest delivery I have ever seen. Very dissatisfied. Case number is RMA:OSS1413511

vizio sound bar 5.1Failed after four months of use

Purchased unit about 2 years ago for winter residence. Used for abt four months and now no sound from the unit on either of two TV sets and any of the three means of connecting to the TV's. Manufacturer's support put me through all sorts of tests to no available and then stated the warrenty had expired. Do not purchase Vizio.

www.viziononline.co.ukTook money and did nothing

OMG. It was the worst experience ever. I contacted the rep from the website www.viziononline.co.uk. I paid money for the job, but these jerks took money and started to fool me. They told me that the design was almost ready, but it was big scam. They did nothing and all this time, they lied to me and provided fake examples in order to assure me that they have worked on the design. The company is real crap and better avoid them. Post comments about your experience.

Vizio — Horrible customer service, horrible Television

I purchased a Vizio television in 2010 that I found out today was manufactured in 2008. I moved it from one...

Vizio E400i-B2 — Wi-fi shut off

Bought a Vizio model number E400i-B2 Sept 28th, TV works just fine, (PROBLEM)~ Wi-Fi does not work (nor doe...

Vizio TV E480-B2TV

I bought a VIZIO TV (E480-B2), and it stopped working a month after I got it. First the picture went out and then the sound. I would like to get my money back and buy something else, but their solution is to pick it up and deliver another of the same model, and this is going to take at least 10 days. Why would I want to replace a piece of cr-p for another one? And I'm out a TV for at least 10 days. I bought a Vizio TV six years ago and had to send it back to get another one because it was warped at the top, but the replacement has worked fine since then (my bedroom TV), so I thought I'd buy another one. BIG mistake! If you're considering buying a Vizio TV, I'd say think again.

Vizio — Warranty

Bought a Vizio E601i-A3-1 back in Dec 2013 -- 7 months later, the TV started to fail with a few hours of use...

Vizio HDTV Smart TV 47 InchCustomer service sucks

Add me to the list of VERY UNHAPPY VIZIO customers. Bought the 47 inch tv in August 2013. Worked great. Loved it. Until March 14, 2014. It was 8 months old and under warranty and the picture went out. There was sound. No picture. Called vizio immediately. Of course, they had no clue. So I call the warranty center to lodge a claim. And thus starts the nightmare. 2 weeks later they send a tech from 3oo plus miles away. He has the parts to fix it.They don't work. So he calls vizio. They say they will call me to schedule another tech. They don't. I call them. They schedule another tech for the next week. He comes out from anothe town 330 plus miles away. He can't fix it either. He calls vizio. They try to send another tech. I said ENOUGH. So they tell me they are going to send me a refurbished tv. They have to exchange it in person. Can't trust me to send it to them. Ok so it broke March 14. It is now April 14. No tv. No call. I call vizio. They now say it will be May before they can bring me a refurbished tv. I WILL NEVER BUY VIZIO AGAIN. HEAR THAT VIZIO. I went out yesterday and bought a Samsung. They surely can't be any worse.

Vizio TVTV

I bought a 42 inch Vizio TV in August 2012. The TV went dark after 18 months. I did not buy a warranty but I did expect the TV to last longer than 18 months. Vizio offered to send someone out to fix it but it would cost me $301.00. I paid 532.00 plus tax. I declined their offer. They would not replace the tv or do anything else. I talked with the store I bought the tv from and they wouldn't do anything either. I will buy another tv but it will not be a Vizio.
            And yes, I will buy a warranty from here on out.

• Ri
                Rikki Nov 03, 2010

I bought VIZIO LCD TV from Costco in September 2007. This TV is not working after only three (3) years in which 9 months were not used due to my winter vacation.

It was revealed that it requires the change of the mother board. The estimated cost is over $500 including the diagnostic procedure.

My old TV is still working after 12 years of operation. How can this modern LCD TV's mother board goes out so quickly?

Vizio 55 Inch TVPoor product and customer service

Bought a 55" HD Vizio Smart tv from Walmart last December..it worked until 2 wks. after the 1 yr warranty expired. Called Vizio and after brief troubleshooting did not fix it, I was told it would be $275 up front for a tech to be sent to look at the tv. Pd. the money and in a couple of days got an email saying Vizio had figured out the problem and parts would be shipped...took several days for parts to come from CA...Tech picked them up and contacted us, came that day and installed new part which was defective and would not work...he called the company and was told they would call us in 2 business days after they had decided what to do...two days later got an email (no phone call and email was in response to an email I had sent Vizio stating how angry we were) saying they would ship new parts...it has now been over two weeks, we have been thru Christmas and still no tv and not even any definite time to expect parts or repair...will NEVER buy anything Vizio makes again...customer service is terrible...

RESOLVED

complaint has been addressed by Vizio customer service and the tv has been replaced...worked with Vizio customer service until we came to an agreement

Vizio E500ar 50" 1080p 60hz Class LCD HDTV From: JkrachenfelsTelevision broken from shipment not willing to contact fedex

Vizio E500AR 50" 1080p 60Hz Class LCD HDTV Item number [protected]
                When the television arrived it was damaged through shipment and the whole screen has spider web like cracks in it and you cannot see any picture. The seller jkrachenfels on Ebay will not return my email to file a claim Fedex.
                My case with Ebay was denied because the sellers description of the television was used with a small crack in the bottom of the screen but works fine.
                Ebay said they could only email the seller they told me they cannot call him and told me good luck on the seller getting in touch with me.
                I paid $393.74 for the television
                The television is a 50" and was put back in the box by my husband so I do not have a picture to show right now.

Vizio / M420nv Razor Led TVhdmi port failures

Vizio Razor LED 42" TV. HDMI ports failed and I had to replace the "MAIN PCB" to get it working again. It lasted 2 months and the HDMI ports have failed again. Troubleshooting revealed the the HDMI mux chip for the 4 HDMI inputs keeps failing. The chip is a Pericom PI3HDMI245-A which has been discontinued by Pericom. Vizio will not support any repairs on the TV and will not acknowledge any issues with the chip. Pericom does not comment about the chip however, a new chip was designed to add protection against HDMI failures. The new chip has more pins and will not replace the defective one. I advise anyone who is considering Vizio to BEWARE. TV was purchased in 2008.

VizioTelevision

My 47 inch television is starting to go. First I thought it was my playstation because my television is under three years old. Which I paid over 1500.00. For this television. After plugging in my play station into my other television. I soon realized it was my new television. I called vizio. I was on the phone with them all day a total if almost six hours.I was eventually told after numberous operators and different methods to try that it is the screen. I am now also told it is 1000.00 to fix then the man says to me after yhis because the warrenty has just recently expired. That they will not fix it but can sell me a television for around 550.00 plus I would need to pay the taxes. I found this site by chance and if there is a class action suit i would definately like to be part of it. Not only did I waste my day. I have lost time money and faith in a company that supposidly stands behind there product. I was completelt appalled that the only redy was to replace the screen at no cost to them or to buy another one of there products and have something else go wrong a year or so down the line. To me this is a pointless solution.

• Ga
                        gatortracks Jun 14, 2013

You are appalled that you are unable to obtain free service on an out of warranty TV. Your attitude is appalling.

Vizio 42 Inch LCD TVProduct Issues

December 2012 we received a Vizio 42 inch LCD TV for Christmas. With it came a 3 year extended warranty. Within 6 months we had issues. While using the remote- the TV would manually turn itself off. At times while scanning channels, it would drop the audio on certain channels. Vizio sent us a new remote and it didn't fix. The sent us a replacement TV and everything worked for about 4 months. Since Oct 2012 the TV started dropping audio and turning itself off. After the barrage of same emails on how to " turn TV off, hold button in etc etc etc. I told them that their fix didn't work. I let it go until last week. The warranty was up so i turned my 3 year extended Sam's Club = they ordered parts and sent a tech Friday. He replaced the CPU and Power boards. TV worked great until tonight- turns itself off and no audio at times.

Vizio — Bad tv

i bought a 32 inch vizio lcdhd tv in december of 2011. it was not used much but on march 7, 2013 the tv would...

Vizio 42 E420va TVCoax connector

Purchased on September 4, 2012 from Costco a 42 inch Vizio model E420VA. Could not get the DVD player to work in the coax connector. Tried it again on December 25, 2012 and the coax connector came out of the TV. Called Costco Warranty who then connected us to Vizio Warranty. Was informed that this is not covered under warranty since the connector came out of the TV. If it was still in the TV then would be covered. TV is not covered under 90 day warranty to return since is 3 months and 21 days. What is the difference if still in TV or out of TV as either way it is defective. Should have never came off the board in first place.

Vizio Vtab 1008Defective product design / warranty

Purchased 2 Vizio VTAB 1008 tablet computers in November of 2011 as Cristmas presents for my kids. When we first opened them to charge them up I noticed that the plug was very loose in the micro USB port, but didn't think much about it. In June one of them stopped working. Hit power button and screen would only flash for a breif moment. Plugged in to charge and charge light was dark. Started reseaching online and found many "non-charging" complaints about this product. Seems to be common design flaw with no fix. Called Vizio for warranty repair/replacement. They made jump through hoops and were EXTREMELY negative. I felt as though they were calling me a liar and that I broke it and was looking for them to replace it. This was before they asked me to send 3 pictures of the unit. One of the screen, one of the ports on the bottom, and one of the headphone jack on top. I emailed them the pictures and called them back. I was told that the warranty was void due to a scratch on the screen. And yes, there was a light 1 inch scuff.scratch on the screen, but it did not inhibit the function of the tablet. I explained this to the rep and told her that the problem was that the unit was dead due to not charging and was working fine before this. Also, explained to her that a scratched screen has nothing to do the unit not charging. From the very beginning she was extremely negative (verging on nasty. Kind of a "What do you want!?" attititude. I asked to speak to a manager, after slight resistance she put a manager on the phone. I explained the situation and told him from support forums and such this seems to be a common problem with this unit and them voiding the warranty due to an irrelevant scratch on the screen seemed to be an excuse for vizio not to fulfill their obligations. (btw, he had same attitude as the previous rep, and made really poor excuses to as why, under these circumstances, they usually don't fulfill warranty replacements. He did agree to accept it, but made it sound as though he was doing me a HUGE favor.
                          In September the 2nd unit stopped charging. Had to go through the exact same scenario (this time with no scratches on screen) This time I started with their online chat support. When rep came online it was obvious she did not even read my initial submission, as she asked me 4 questions that were already very clearly answered. I uploaded the pics. Then she asked me to submit pictures of the two units side by side! Obviously looking for another way out of their warranty obligation! I told her the units have serial #'s (thank goodness I had kept the boxes witht the serial #'s on them, 'cuz with a dead battery, it is the only way to know what they are) so they can tell them apart when I ship this one back, and that she doesn't need a pic of the other unit because it has NOTHING to do with this issue. She eventually approved the replacement, but said I had to call the toll-free # because she could not accept credit card #'s over chat. When I called and gave the next rep the case #, she said the pictures were too blurry and couldn't accept them. I told her that the chat rep already approved the replacement... She did not care, I had to resubmit. This rep had the worst attitude of them all, REALLY BAD! I uploaded new clearer pics the next day and called again. Advance replacement went through pretty much without a hitch, but rep, again, had all kinds of B.S. excuses why they make customers go through all this. He was even friendly, but had a lot of negative things to say about vizio customers in general. When I asked about the design flaw and told him it seemed to be a very comon issue according to online forums and support sites, he said "those people are all liars". I did point out to him that its fairly difficult, for even a tech layman, to misdiagnose a charging issue and that most of the people posting seemed to be legitimately searching for a solutions to real problems.
                          About 10 years ago I bought a Vizio computer monitor. (first time I had ever heard of Vizio) It was great and lasted about 5 years before I upgraded. I purchased a 2nd Vizio PC monitor and it lasted 12 months before burning out... just out of warranty! Now this tablet problem. I am worried that the "referbished" tablet replacements are going to have the same problem and be dead in 6 - 10 months. They kept trying to sell me extended warranties, but if they fail I'll probably just buy Motorola's or an alternate brand. I am fairly certain I will never purchase another Vizio product.
                          [P.S. there are other functional issues with the Vizio VTAB1008 tablet, such as OS upgrades, non-functional/unused buttons, etc., not broken, just poor product design/support]
                          Also, Vizio REALY talks up their live USA support, which would be great, if only they actually supported theri products as opposed to being a nasty, negative "customer complaint resistance department".

Joseph Meyer Oct 23, 2012

My experience was quite different. I don't know if it was because I initiated it with the Costco concierge service, but Vizio actually volunteered a replacement, something I hadn't anticipated. The young woman I spoke with was perfectly charming, and after I submitted the pictures complimented me on their quality. There was a screw up on the shipment, somehow it was refused before it got to me, but after a few emails I got it sorted out with a very helpful and pleasant rep. I have since received the replacement, sentmine in, gotten acknowledgement of receipt, and life goes on. Just goes to show howpossible it is to have widely differing experiences with the same company.

Vizio 42& HDTVworst t. v and service ever

My 42" Vizio started getting fuzzy lines after a few months, and the screen went completely blank before the 2 years mark. After agreeing over the phone to pay $320 - $380 for a tech to come fix my t.v, no one ever came. When I called for a status, I was told they had no records of me calling. I was declined a new case number after I provided them with the T.V's serial numbers and was told unless if I provide the Vizio tech's extension number that I had previously spoken to, they would not help me schedule a tech even if I was willing to pay. I'll never buy another Vizio product again!

jaime.kenney.9 Jun 09, 2012

This disgruntled customer is dishonest and don't know what they are talking about. Vizio doesn't charge for repairs PERIOD. If you call them for OOW repairs, they will refer you to outside contractors. And by the way the agents don't have extensions.

Vizio — Customer service

Vizio: Great TV's, Horrible Customer Service, Will Never Buy Again! Bought a total of 4 Vizio TVs from...