Having problems with Sony India?

A - 31, Mohan Co-operative Industrial Estate, Mathura Road
New Delhi

Complaints & Reviews

sony bravia led gone bad with panel with in 4 months of purchase, we wants replace entire tv, because there is manufacturing defect,

Regarding Sony care India Our complaint no. Are [protected], [protected], , [protected], [protected], [protected] regarding...

Sony bravia 42 inch lcd tv

I purchased sony bravia tv model klv40w550a in 2009 dec for inr 95000. 00
Tv developed problem in 2016 march - picture/display
Sony authorised service center took tv to their workshop twice.
On 1st occasion they cleaned the tv and returned. Tv worked for 10 days and again developed same fault.
Again tv was taken to workshop by sony and about a week later they informed that motherboard is faulty.
I deposited advance of rs. 10000. 00 for motherboard.
After about three weeks they informed parts are not available.
On correspondence with sony india on email, they offered that I should purchase a new tv on which sony will offer 20% discount.
This will cost me rs. 75000. 00 more even after discount.
I did not accept the offer and want my tv to be repaired or if parts not available then minimum 50% discount should be offered. Because it is not my fault that sony is not able to repair it.

I should not be penalized for sony's fault.

Hi Team,

I bought a SONY LCD model no-KLV-32NX500 few years ago.
Suddenly, the LCD stopped working. When checked it with Authorised sony service center, they said motherboard is not working of the LCD and it would charge 7500 for this part.
We were okay with paying 7500 for the part as the LCD was out of warranty.

However, then they said the part is not available with SONY.

Now, the LCD is waste for us. The money is a total waste for us.

I just want that SONY should replace the LCD with a new one, if they don't have the part available with them.

This kind of scenario is total an example of not treating customer fairly. I am very unsatisfied with the response of Sony India.

Sony as a brand is the one of the top brands we have cross the world and when you face such kind of issue, then it is very disappointing indeed.

I have attached the repair receipt of the LCD.

Hoping for a positive response, else, I have to go to Consumer court India.

Rakesh Gilhotra

• Vi
    Vijay Garg Aug 29, 2008

I bought a 32" Sony Bravia LCD TV. The picture lack clarity and to me it looks that it is a defective product. I wrote to Sony India several times but failed to get a response. I called Sony India customer service helpline also several times but failed to get a satisfactory response.

I feel that i have been cheated. It is really pathetic that sony india is cheating it's customers.

• Da
    Davendra Singh Sep 05, 2008

Dear Sir,
    With due regard, this is to say you that purchase a camera model no. DSC-S750 E37, Serial no. 4058629 from ur delar named M/s. Best Buy, Moradabad (U.P.) on dated 10.06.08. After some time it became out of order. I gave it to the sony authority service center, moradabad on dated 04.08.08. They assured me to give it back after one week. But now around one month has been passed but I didn't get my camera back. As with in two months of after purchasing, your camers has tecnical problem so I want a new camera place of the old one otherwise I take a legal action in ur company.
    Thanks.

Davendra Singh

manish kumar Sep 15, 2008

I am facing the same issue with Sony india and their dealer Dayal Infotainment, Shipra mall, Indirapuram, Ghaziabad...I wrote this mail to them 3 weeks ago and I am yet to get any reply on that...so, pathetic service by Sony

Hello,
    For last one month, I am suffering from WORST quality of Sony service centre and the callousness & robot type attitude of their call centre ladies..This has all forced me to present my case through this email communication so that appropriate authority could take action on it…if not, I would explore other third party options….Otherwise I am still hopeful Sony service management team is sensitive enough to take action based on it..

The long story but cut short here begins from 26 July’2008…

I purchased a Sony music system (Model no. MHC-GNZ333D) from Dayal Infotainment [Shipra Mall, Indirapuram, Ghaziabad] on July 26’ 2008….I choose Sony over other thinking its product quality might be of superior quality and at least professional service quality….
    Within few days of installations, the FM subsystem started giving problems….Randomly it worked fully or didn’t work at all….Surprised at the problem at that very early stage, I did what a normal customer expected to do…Register a complaint at the call centre [req. no. 3145705 dt. 04/08/2008]…Mind you, before that I had followed with the dealer to try to resolve it…
    So, as expected the technician came and did numerous times ON/OFF of power switch..and it started working….As the problem was having random nature, I thought it started working though logically I was not convinced with him…He didn’t bother check the system either…

As I was expecting, the problem started coming again…This time I made another request again [3181272 dt 16/08/2008]….The technician came on 20/08/2008 and said there is problem with FM tuner and it would take 3-4 days of time to parts come….I was fine..at least the problem was diagnosed [hopeful]…

Now, the real problem started…

When I made enquiry about the status of my request at call centre [Sony] around 25-26 Aug, the lady said that the parts didn’t come yet…I said how long it will take as I was informed it would take 3-4 days…She said that for single part it might take time as all parts are imported from outside India and probably they would wait till more parts order come to fit in a lot….This was totally unprofessional…Then I requested service manager contact number…She refused to give…..I couldn’t get the answer why?...Is there no way to escalate further from these robot like call centre professional?...

Then I made some personal and background effort to get contact number of one Mr. Naveen (Sony service deptt employee)….So, made a call to him on Aug 28’2008…He said your parts has not yet arrived but there is another same part…He would get done tomorrow…

The technician came after a long waiting (initially the time was fixed at 11:00 AM) at around 4:00 PM on Aug 29’2008 with the NEW part….At least, I am bit happy that now I could enjoy my new system fully which I couldn’t do yet right FRM DAY 1…. But that was not the destiny….The technician discovered that the part was not compatible with the system….Any sensitive person could imagine how would I feel cheated and frustrated with the worst quality of service with so much wastage of my individual productive time waiting for the technician whole day, and calling up all kind of service people to get my problem resolved…..Anyhow, the service centre technician went again to collect another part from dealer….He came with another NEW part and fitted it….Alas!! it didn’t work….The technician also said he couldn’t do anything more though he tried very hard…

Now, the every kind of problem-request-resolution cycle has passed with no conclusion except that the part is inherently defective and needs a replacement….I wouldn’t favor any kind of offsite R&D request on the system considering the fact that the system is barley one month old and the problem was coming right from DAY ONE…..So, I request to do necessary action to get the replacement done….

Manish (9871623441)

Sanjay Sen Sep 17, 2008

I have purchased MHC888D model from sony world @ BSk in Jan. In Jun-July I have noticed that the sound is breaking while playing. I have informed the service center and they said that they have replaced 3 ICs to solve the problem. After 1 month the problem is again started and I have again sent me set to the service center. After lying there for abt the month they are not being able to find out the problem and given back the set without fixing it up day before yesterday. Yesterday while playing again the same problem occured.

This is really becoming a headache for me. I have purchased Sony with an impression that it has got the best technology and support. I would like to request the higher authority to look into the matter and arrange for a replacement at the earliest or else I would file the case in the consumer forum.

I am looking for a favorable reply and help me out to solve the issue.

Sanjay Sen

• Ga
    gaurav tyagi Sep 30, 2008

yeah same problem here i have a problem in my 32" lcd tv sony bravia black dot appears at the left hand corner due to pixeles missing.really i had complaint many times in customer support but result is zero.it is true that the company is more flexible to profit orientation than customer satisfation.u can also add me for the same problem.

• Mi
    Mike Stanojevic Oct 17, 2008

I would like to contact someone in India and the Sony company that their quality control stinks and should consider retraining their people to do the job right the first time and quit wasting the Americans working class money and time in the US. I could not get any service on my Bravia 46BR4 purchased 6 monthes before, Sony could not get me any service in my area, I had a problem with it on Oct. 2 and haven't seen anyone yet! This is Oct. 17th and no one in my area in Wisconsin will not service it because I didn't buy it from them! What a poor attitude from the furniture and appliance store near my home, now I had to agree to bring this unit to a closer location about 30 miles south of me, Sony has an internal problem with home service for warranties. i have never heard of this in all my years of being a service person myself or consumer, how do we get this resolved and fix the mess we are in with poor consumer treatment and lack of respect for our hard earned money. I'm very angry at the Sony Co. and the people connected to them, you are loosing many customers left and right, get your head on straight and SAVE YOUR REPUTATION NOW!

A very unsatisfied consumer

• Ba
    Babu H Apr 22, 2011

Joning with you, Sony is cheating indians...

• Mo
    MOHAN KRISHNA DURGAM Jun 09, 2011

not SONY. TO BE MORE PRECISE, THOSE WORKING FOR SONY, WHO HAVE NOT UNDERSTOOD HOW TO BUILD UP CUSTOMER BASE THRU FAITH

Complaint in respect of defect in goods / deficiency in service and pray for redressal

I purchased a SONY 42W700B - 42” LED from Great Eastern Appliances Pvt. Ltd. of 66, Syed Amir Ali Avenue, Kolkata - 700019, for Rs. 64900.00 on 08.05.2014 along with a set of TATA SKY for Rs. 2000.00 but I did not receive money receipt / cash memo of TATA SKY for Rs. 1500.00 out of Rs. 2000.00 as yet. On 10.06.2014, Mr. Somnath introduced himself as a service man of SONY INDIA Pvt. Ltd., met me and said that he came here for installation of SONY LED. Mr. Somnath opened the sealed packet of SONY LED and did not install the same due to shortage of parts and informed the affairs to the Service Center of SONY INDIA Pvt. Ltd. I saw a few open packets of SONY LED parts in the hand of Mr. Somnath. I tried to find if any parts inside the packets and found no desirable parts.
On 15.06.2014, I met manager of the Great Eastern Appliances Pvt. Ltd. of 66, Syed Amir Ali Avenue, Kolkata – 700019 and stated the affairs / defect / deficiency of my SONY LED mentioned above and requested him to supply a fresh SONY LED or refund Rs. 64900.00 with interest as early as possible. On hearing, the manager told me that he would not help me in this matter and advised me to contact with the SONY INDIA Pvt. Ltd., A-31, Mohan Cooperative Industrial Estate, Mathura Road, New Delhi - 110044 for remedy.
I wrote a letter dt 30.06.2014 to the SONY INDIA Pvt. Ltd., but no reply has yet been received from the said company. I feel it is a case for cheating.
So I have requested to issue an order for refund of Rs. 64900 along with interest from 08.05.2014 (date of purchase).
It may be mentioned here that I decided to purchase the same for the purpose of World Football game.
I hereby declare that the facts stated in the representation are true to the best of my knowledge, belief and that the complaint is not pending before any court of law.
Thanking You,
L B Chaudhuri
96, K. K. Roy Chowdhury Road,
Kolkata - 700008.
(M) +91-[protected]

Note: Defective Sony LED 42W700B from Great Eastern Appliances Pvt. Ltd. of 66, Syed Amir Ali Avenue, Kolkata - 700019, vide Invoice No. BB/SA/1415/01236 dt 08.05.2014, VAT No. [protected] and Phone no. +91-(033)- [protected]/[protected], Call Centre: +91-(033)- [protected].

Sony Bravia 40# TV with faulty component

In April 2011, I purchased 40" Sony LED TV form Sony Center Noida.
Model No: KDL-40EX520 IN5
Serial No: 2420785

In Number 2011 i.e. just 9 months after the purchase, the TV started to show negative images. After repeated calls to customer care, a Sony execute visited and diagnosed the mother board to be faulty and promised to get it changed in two days but after lot more calls and complains it was replaced in more than a week. The story of horrible experience doesn't end there, In December 2012, i.e. 13 months after the motherboard replacement same problem surfaced again. This time executive came next day of the call and diagnosed the problem to be same and asked us that motherboard will cost around Rs. 9000. If same problem is persisting again and again, then it means the component is faulty and company knows it but neither their customer care executive, nor service executive is willing to acknowledge it. I was simply told that my complain can be registered and TV can be repaired if I am willing to pay.
Selling a product with faulty component on a premium price and then refusal to accept the fault and forcing the customer to pay tantamount to cheating. These practices will take the Sony India down the drain and company will suffer the same fate here as in US and Europe.
Currently my TV is at Sony Service Center and I don't know how much I need to pay to get it back.
My current complain no is: [protected].

My advice to all the people of India will be to stay away from Sony products.

• SonyListens Dec 13, 2012

Greetings Neeraj Chaudhary!

My name is Pat Kennedy and I work for Sony Support USA and as such are not familiar with the processes and procedures for Sony in other countries/regions.

We only provide information and support for Sony's products manufactured for sale and use here in the United States.

Please relay your issue to our Support Center for India at: http://www.sony.co.in/section/support

Please feel free to contact Sony at your convenience and thank you!

• SonyListens Dec 14, 2012

Greetings Neeraj !

Please feel free to contact Sony at your convenience and thank you!

poor sony service

Recently purchased Sony @ Nex 3 dslr camera from Sony dealer. We are not camera technician and were unaware of the problem at first..The camera LCD screen goes off so there is no display, switching it off and then again few times the display comes back on screen. Now given the camera to Sony service center and there is no response from there side, daily calling them and they giving excuses technician is not well today, next day they said they are on leave and dont know when will they come back. I m so pissed off by their poor service.
Service center :
ACE Electronic Services
j-3/7 Rajouri garden
Ph no: [protected], [protected]

Product serial # 2323570

looking for a positive feedback
sajan [protected]

sonyindia Jan 16, 2012

Dear Sir,
    Please share your complaint no. with us here. We will need this information to assist you further.

• Km
    KmVenkatesh May 02, 2013

Hi, My Vaio Laptop often freezes.When i serviced it they said me that is an OS issue and made a Factory OS Install.Then the Laptop works fine for 2 months and then the same problem arises. They don't listen to my comments . Just simply say that is a Operating system issue.

Faulty SONE LED EX52 - 40 inches

I had purchased LED EX 52 - 40 inches from one of the distriputor in Jaipur in the month of Mar-11...during Sep-11 the LED got faulty and colours disappeared...as I have now moved to Gurgaon...compaint was lodged at call centre on 28 th Sep-11 vide complaint number is 8223146...this was informed to us that LED Panel need to be changed...this is very unfortunate that even after 25 days LED panel has not been changed...this has really washed out the image which we were carrying for SONY brand...Inspite SONY should have replaced the LED altogether...we are very sorry to state the even after making around 50 calls at call centre nothing has yet taken place...my contact number is [protected]...will request for early closure or replacement of the LED...

sonyindia Oct 20, 2011

Dear Sir,
    Hope your concern has been resolved now. For future communication on this concern, please call us at our official toll-free helpline at 1800-103-7799 or write to us at [email protected] for assistance on your concerns. This is a third-party forum and will not help you in any way.

S.K.Singhal Mar 13, 2012

Deficiency in service
    Request for refund
    Please allow me bring to your kind attention harassment, mental agony caused by supplying reconditioned defective TV - under warranty up to July 2012 and indifferent, careless, callous, evasive attitude of SONY service team towards its customers.

I purchased a SONY TV. It had defective BG2BOARD . After protracted follow-up, Sony India replaced defective TV and vide Bill No.11154409 dated 12.5.11 charged Rs.23, 632 towards repair/replacement of defective LCD.
    At the time of installation itself, TV supplied by SONY vide Bill No.11154409 dated 12.5.11, it was brought to the notice of technician that there is problem in sound output. SONY INDIA. reacted that ' Itni Problem Nahin Hai' There is not much of problem. In other manner they agreed that there is problem in sound output. We were not reconciled why a new LED TV should have any problem with sound output.
    We also requested SONY INDIA to please check the problem and incase TV set had some defect to replace it. There was no response from SONY.
    However, instead of flaring up the matter, we consoled ourselves and reconciled with the quality of voice.
    Subsequently, Newpaper reports appeared about defect in LCD TVs supplied by Sony.It seems there is manufacturing defect in all the TVs supplied by SONY. But Sony instead of accepting the defect is indulging in denial and charging/fleecing its customers towards exorbitant repair charges.
    TV supplied by SONY developed same problem as that was in the old TV. Complaint complaint no.9552285 Dated 4.3.2012. followed by letter 5th March, 2012 was made. Service engineer advised that B- Board needs replacement. SONY informed that it will be repaired.
    Not satisfied with repairs to a brand new TV which is giving trouble, May I request you to please intervene and take necessary action on priority to take back defective TV and refund Rs. 91, 632 at the earliest.
    CA SKSINGHAL

sonyindia Jun 11, 2012

Dear Sir,

Regret the inconvenience caused. Our service team is already in touch with you for this issue, they have already shared the best possible solution with you.

S.K.Singhal Jun 12, 2012

SONY INDIA
    Sorry to inform complaint has still not been resolved.

• Li
    Lipun Mohapatra Apr 15, 2014

Hi Sony India,
    I am facing the same issue with my EX52 40" TV. It has been more than 2yrs..i was enjoying the picture quality.. Just 2 months back i just lost the picture and i can see only 40% of the picture perfectly and all the rest are completely hazy. Contacted service centre and they have advised me to replace the LED panel. But again as i understand from this forum, this is not just a one time issue and i am
    not the only victim. All the yrs i have been a great fan/advocate of Sony for its quality. Now not sure if it will be worth to replace the Panel, if it is going to give me the same problem in another yr or two. Since the Panel is very costly, Probably the alternative will be look out another brand new model... But again Sony live in our sentiment now and it is difficult now to move out from Sony. Can you pls kindly suggest how best you can help me if at all ? Any quick response may be a good help. Thx & Regd - Lipun Mohapatra

• Na
    naveen reddy Jul 11, 2014

hi
    i have brought my LED EX 52 in 2012, Even i am facing the same problem with it. Kindly let me know what can be done.

regards

• Ab
    Abbas Uppin Jul 13, 2014

I have a similar problem as the mentioned ones. I had purchased Sony 40 inch LED EX52. in earl from one of the dealers in bangalore. The TV functioned well till 1.5 year from the purchased date. after that I started facing problem and went to the worst extent. The colour started diminishing now we are just seeing the faint picture with yellow Colour across the display area.We are cursing for buying such a TV .Complaints were raised With the dealer and the sony call centre. The team inspected just to tell that the display panel has to be replaced. I was shocked to know how could such a thing happen in just 2 years after investing money in such a top brand product. I need a sensible reply to This mail. I hope sony india understands the situation and should rePlace the Faulty units. Now

• Su
    sumitdumka Aug 05, 2014

I have the similar problem after 2 years. It seems to be a common problem for SONY LED. We purchase SONY brand not only for best quality but reliability as well. But there seems a big big manufacturing defect which is getting banged on customers. Repair is also too costly which makes really dissatisfied though I do not find a way out than repairing from your service centre. I am planning to get it repaired and then sell it off.

SandipM1982 Oct 12, 2014

Dear All - Even I have faced similar issue with my EX52 model which is off 3.4 years old, all of sudden green color appeared. I have sent 2 e-mails to Sony India and few mgnt people abroad, I haven't got any proper answer/response from Sony. I am really sorry to say but after investing 64, 000 INR I am asked to replace the display panel which is of 23k. Again I haven't received any proper answer for failure. Please don't buy atleast Sony Televisions in near future.

FACING PROBLEM DUE TO SELLING OF DEFECTIVE BRAVIA TV BY SONY INDIA

NOIDA
9.8.2011
Dear Sony India Ltd.
On 30.7.2011, my Sony Television, Model No. KLV 32T400A, Serial No. 1226192 purchased on 20.9.2009 from your authorized dealer M/s Rhythem House, Sector-18, Noida-201301, U.P. developed a problem in sound as well as in feature on the screen. Immediately I wrote a mail to sonyindia.[protected]@ap.sony.com on 30.7.2011 & my complaint is registered at no.7873836. Your representative Mr. Dharmendra Kumar, Phone No.[protected] visited the house on 1.8.2011 & told that Mother board of TV has got problem & is required to be replaced at cost of consumer & went with the copy of purchase bill. Waiting for the response from the customer care, I once again submit my complaint on 2.8.2011 at sonyindia.[protected]@ap.sony.com, [protected]@am.sony.com & [protected]@info.sel.sony.com which is registered as complaint no.7893131.
On 3.8.2011, your representative Mr. Jitendra Kumar, phone no. [protected] informed me the estimate of Rs.6500 (Approx) for replacement of mother board in three or four days. He also denied to give me the direct contact no. or email ID of any responsible officer of SONY INDIA .
I have also submitted my complaint to Mr. Vinish Ahuja at customer care no. [protected] on 3.8.2011 at 6.20 P.M. & he ensured me that my complaint shall be shorted out at the earliest, but is regretted to inform you that no one has turned up till 8.8.2011 and least bother about the difficulty / harassment being faced by me & my family without any fault of mine.
In addition to above, it is also necessary to inform you that Panel of the my TV detailed above has already been replaced by SONY in July 2010 & as TV is a durable product & generally used for years together i.e. more than 10-15 years but it is very strange to experience that just after one year from previous replacement of Panel, another important component of my TV i.e. Motherboard is requiring replacement. It is not possible to believe that how the two main / major component i.e. Panel & Motherboard of new product of reputed brand like SONY have developed defect & required replacement with in a short span of 11months & 22 months of purchase respectively.
The above incident has created the doubt that either we have been given already defective piece or repaired piece by your dealer. You will appreciate that consumers buy the SONY product believing its quality by default at the higher prices than the other similar product available in the market but now it seems that quality of the SONY is being compromised at the cost of consumer’s faith & cost & if such type of quality problem will be faced by the consumer, Brand value of Sony will be erode drastically.
It gave a momentary pleasure to me on 8.8.2011 at 5.49PM when I received a call from phone no.+[protected] from Ms Vineeta Tyagi, regional Customer care Incharge-North. My hopes for the solution of my problem were ended when Ms Tyagi shown her inability to replace the product /part free of cost, meanwhile she offered the replacement of defective part i.e. mother board on paying an amount of Rs.4878/- saying as special price.
I beleive that, myself is suffering from the poor quality product of SONY INDIA. You will appreciate that Product like Television is generally purchased as durable product in India which is used for 10-15 years but it seems that there is a hidden agenda of SONY India to convert the durable product into consumable product by selling poor quality products. It appears that SONY India provides the warranty of durable product like television as one year under a hidden policy which means that company is maintaining such quality of their products which could be run smoothly for one year only to get rid of replacement of product.
I saw a slogan of SONY "Believe that anything you can imagine, you can make real" But it is regretted to say that my experience with Sony is just Opposite to the quote & I will described as " Believe that anything you can not imagine, Sony product can make it real''
I am really feeling disturbed & frustrated by the attitude of the SONY INDIA LTD . It seems that company is merely interested in making the profits by selling the Pathetic products on higher prices & leaving the consumer on the mercy of GOD.
Now I request you, kindly look in to the matter immediately & get the product replaced with the new one or refund my money keeping the faith alive in the consumers about the quality products of SONY otherwise the consumer /customer will have to think twice or thrice before buying the SONY PRODUCTS.
Sandeep Jain
106-A, Kanchanjunga Appartments,
Sector-53, Noida-201301,
U.P., India
Ph. [protected]

Defect in Panel & Motherboard of SONY TV in 11 & 22 months of purchase respectively

NOIDA
5.4.2011
Dear Sony India Ltd.
I have also submitted my complaint to Mr. Vinish Ahuja at customer care no. [protected] on 3.8.2011 at 6.20 P.M. & he ensured me that my complaint shall be shorted out at the earliest but is regretted to inform you that no one has turned up till now and least bother about the difficulty / harassment being faced by me & my family without any fault of mine.
In addition to above, it is also necessary to inform you that Panel of the my TV detailed above has already been replaced by SONY in July 2010 & as TV is a consumer product & generally used for years together i.e. more than 10-15 years but it is very strange to experience that just after one year from previous replacement of Panel, another important component of my TV i.e. Motherboard is requiring replacement. It is not possible to believe that how the two main / major component i.e. Panel & Motherboard of new product of reputed brand like SONY have developed defect & required replacement with in a short span of 11months & 22 months of purchase respectively.
I am really feeling disturbed & frustrated by the attitude of the SONY INDIA LTD . It seems that company is merely interested in making the profits by selling the substandard products on higher prices & leaving the consumer on the mercy of GOD.
Now I request you, kindly look in to the matter immediately & get the product replaced with the new one keeping the faith alive in the consumers about the quality products of SONY otherwise the consumer /customer will have to think twice or thrice before buying the SONY PRODUCTS.
Sandeep Jain

Deficiency in service
    Request for refund

CA SKSINGHAL

Improper humiliating response

On 2'th June'011, I went to sony ramnagar road showroom at 2:30 P:M. I enquired about camera HX100v and offered to pay advanceto get it. I told him that it has been launched in india. He told me to get print from the net. I asked him to contact company and ask. He called somebody but I think even he was unaware. So this chap at showroom started insulting me that you must be enquiring about some old discarded model, and started laughing at me. I asked for complaints book, but that was not given. I asked him his name, he refused and started threatning that I will see what you do.
Since past three days, I have been trying tloofree no. from mobile & landline, but every time I get the message that it is incorrect. On trying delhi number, repeatedly, somebody told me that a call will be arranged, but I am still waiting. Is Sony not wanting to sell anything, why are people at showrooms so hostile and fuu of such superiority complex as if they are the kings and we are begging them to please sell us sony products as alms. please reform your policies and bea bit consumer friendly. How can we expect to get services if we are not treated nicely at time of purchasing.

Do not change my LCD

To,
The Managing Director
Delhi

Dear Sir,
I’m Anand Misra. On 24 April 2010 I bought SONY BRAVIA LCD EX500 from Jumbo electronics, Noida. But now a day’s I’m facing some problems with my LCD. In Jan11 LCD power light has been changed. Now some “tric- tric” types of sound is coming in my LCD and sometimes when we change the channel “Tic” sound comes. I complained regarding this problem to customer care. They send their engineer. But as above I mentioned that the sound not comes frequently. So when engineer visited outhouse that sound doesn’t occurs at that time. So the problem is as it is.
On Friday I had a call from your executive Mr. Sarbjeet. And he asked some questions about the technical problem of my LCD. After asking about the problem he said he would call back to me after an hour. But till now I didn’t have any call from his side. On Monday when I call again to customer care they said they connect me with Mr. Sarbjeet on the same day. But until now, still I’m waiting for his call. So, today again I call in customer care and the feedback was very awful from their side and I’m not satisfied with your responses till the date. Now tell me what is my fault? I think this is the biggest fault of mine to by SONY LCD, Isn’t it?
I had bought this LCD just b’coz of its brand name and if such reputed brand giving me this type of problem then to whom I can trust? My LCD has been opened while in warranty period, which was very unpleasant experience for me. Now I just don’t want to open it again. I just want to replace my LCD with new one as soon as possible or I want my money back, which is the last option you left for me.

Thanks
With Warm regard
Anand Misra
[protected]

A Junk TV Set Purchased for Rs. 83000/-

The Managing Director

Sir,

Please refer to my numerous unattended complaints registered with the customer care helpline (Comp No. 7158772, 23.03.2011) and several mails (ref no. 7183021 and 7158774) and letters addressed to you in respect of the malfunctions (Hazy/ Blurred picture and non uniform distribution of the backlight over the surface area of the panel) exhibited by the TV set (40EX720) I purchased from Sabharwal Electronics Dwarka Delhi 0n March 19, 2011.
An engineer Mr. Tikkoo visited my premises on 27/03/2011 to examine the TV set and explicitly agreed to my complaints that the back light intensity on the panel is highly heterogeneous owing to which the picture quality is very poor, smoky and hazy in patches. He asked me to request the company to provide refund as this particular model of TV is newly launched with new circuitry and all TV sets of this model are governed by these facts, hence replacing the TV would not solve the problem. He asked me to provide the photocopy of the invoice and the warrantee card which I did with alacrity.
May I mention here that in no case I am interested to get the refund as I needed a good TV for entertainment? However, the pathetic picture quality of the TV I bought for Rs. 83000/- frustrates me and my family members and I repent on my decision of buying a Sony TV. Furthermore the boorish attitude of the service department of Sony India has aggravated my miseries.
I therefore request you to intervene into the matter and arrange to pave the way to end the miseries I am suffering at the hands of Sony India. Kindly replace the Tv with some other model as 40EX720 has faults mentioned above not by me only but by your engineer Mr. Tikkoo also.

Yours sincerely

Dr. Hemant Kumar
Ph D, BOYSCAST (U K), R.A. (Italy)
Professor of Electronic Science
University Of Delhi, South Campu
Benito Juarez Road, Delhi 110021
Ph: 011- [protected], Fax: 011-[protected]
Phone [protected]

Residence: B-101, Himachali Apts. Plot No. 8, Sector 3, DWARKA, Delhi-110075

Delay in Supply of Adapter

My name is Mandip Singh and I am from Phase 7 Mohali. An order for a new ac adapter type L-15 for Sony Hanycam DCV TRV 285E was placed by me at Modern electronics, SCO 126-127, Sector 34 A, Chandigarh on 28 August 2010. I had paid Rs 500/- advance for the same.

I was promised that the adapter would be provided by 5 days or latest by 10 days in case of some delay.

However, they have been unable to supply the same to me even on 02 October 2010.

This kind of delay is definitely uncalled for, especially from a company with such a repute.

Can the company be approached for speedy delivery of the same as I am unable to use my handycam due to faulty adapter held with me.

Delay in Supply of Adapter

AC Adapter L-15

Poor Customer Service

Dear Sir, Hope your problem has been resolved and you don’t face any more problems with Sony...

Defective music system was delivered and not replaced afterwards

To:
Sony Corporation
1-7-1 Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0075, Japan.

Kind Attention:

Executive Deputy President
Officer in charge of Consumer Products Group
Mr. Katsumi Ihara

Hi,

Let me first introduce myself. I am Dr Sunil Khijwania, Professor at Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati.

I purchased Sony DVD music system (Model number MHCRV 88D, SL number 3161741) worth Indian rupees 23, 200 on 09/10/2005 from Ms Bharali Brothers Pvt Ltd, Guwahati, Assam, INDIA. They delivered this item at home. I asked them to check the system. As they were not having any DVD along with them, they said that they would be back next very day with DVD and check the system. They visited me after a few days with DVD and checked the system only to learn that system was not playing DVD properly. It was playing it bit by bit with a delay in between. They confirmed the problem and said that they will report to the owner (Mr Arpan Bharali) of Ms Bharali Brothers Pvt Ltd. I asked them that I do not want defected system and you please replace this one with another one, which is working properly. This matter was reported to Mr Arpan Bharali (son of the owner of the showroom and showroom in-charge that time).

Mr Arpan Bharali, from whom I bought this system, said that he needed to complete some formalities before replacing the system. He said that SONY engineer from SONY Service Center, Guwahati will visit me and check the system in order to get it replaced. Then SONY engineer visited my house and opened the DVD music system. He checked the system and observed the same problem while playing DVD. He reported this matter to Mr Arpan Bharali. Afterwards, Mr Arpan Bharali agreed to replace the system. He said that he has already taken a replacement for my system and would send the new one along with refrigerator (LG make) I bought from them (which was also defective and needed to be replaced).

Getting the same refrigerator model took lot of time. However I was relaxed for my SONY DVD music system, as Mr Bharali has already told me that they have a new replacement system for me. In the mean time, the main owner and father of Mr Arpan Bharali, Mr Nayan Bharali, having some problem with his son Mr Arpan Bharali (who was the showroom in-charge till then) replaced him with his elder son Mr Alloy Bharali. Mr Alloy Bharali now took the charge of the their shop. When I contacted him, he denied for the replacement of my music system. It made me very upset. He said that he could only repair the system. I said, I bought a brand new system, why should I accept refurbished one or the one, which had problem since beginning? But he did not listen to me. I made so many calls to him and visited many of the times to explain him the entire situation (it was very painful to me), I even talked to his father and the main owner Mr Nayan Bharali also regarding this mater and requested them to talk to his younger son and previously in-charge of their shop, Mr Arpan Bharali, to get the whole idea about my case. Both refused to even listen me straightforwardly or to talk to Mr Arpan Bharali; and started behaving very rudely. This all further took a lot of time (over the year). I was having no option to return the SONY DVD music system to him.

On 01.03.07, they took the SONY DVD music system from my house to repair and fix the problem, which I never agreed in principle. Around 3 months after they did send the system to me saying that now system works properly as all the problems are fixed. Their own staff, who came to deliver the system to my home, when checked the system in front of me, found that the problem still remained the same. I said to his staff that you better take this system back to Mr Bharali and tell them to replace it with new un-defected one. Since then I made numerous calls (in hundreds or more than that) and visited numerous times to their showroom (it is worth to mention that my institute, IIT, is located around 35 km away from Mr Bharali’s showroom), but no result. They always said that they had sent the system to SONY service center in Guwahati and the problem is being fixed. Finally once again Mr Alloy Bharali, one fine day, sent the system back to my home with his staff and told me that system is playing DVD properly and there is no problem. However, once again, when their staff checked the system even with so many DVDs, the problem was still the same, which was there since beginning. He took the system back to their showroom.

Again started my mental/physical harassment by this vendor (Ms Bharaly Brothers Pvt Ltd). I made numerous visits, which was very very difficult in the light of my academic profession commitments and the distance needed to cover to reach to their showroom from my institute. I also made countless calls to them for my system, but all in vain. At the end when I visited last year (07) in December to their showroom, I met to senior Bharali (Mr Nayan Bharali, main owner of the showroom) and virtually pleaded him to look into my case, talk to his younger son Mr Arpan Bharali to understand the whole issue. He then promised me that he will personally look into this matter and asked me to give him a week time. After 2 weeks when I visited him, he spoke to me very rudely and told me that do not approach me for this matter any more, talk to my elder son Mr Alloy Bharali. I felt very bad and humiliated. Having no option, I spoke to his elder son Mr Alloy Bharali. To my surprise he started talking to me that “I am doing my best and putting money from my pocket to get your system repaired”. I said, you need not to put money from your pocket but to replace the system. But he did not agree to me and insisted to repair the system. Once again, this resulted in many calls from my side and visit to their showroom. On one such visit to their showroom by me, he again said that the system is fixed and I am going to deliver it at your home. I said you bring it in your showroom from SONY service center and check it here in front of me. I waited till the system was brought from service center to his showroom. His staff checked the system in front of him as well as me, the problem remained the same as in beginning. System was not playing DVD properly; it was playing it bit by bit with a delay in between. I got very upset and asked him that this is a big harassment-mental as well as physical. The purpose I bought the system is lost now. Do replace this system with a new one immediately, which is having no defects otherwise I need to look for some other option. But still, no result from their side. Since then, the system is with them.

Please do understand the agony, frustration and harassment I have gone since the date of purchase (09/10/05) by the hand of Bharali Brothers, a SONY product dealer. This is now almost 3 years. I shall request you to penalize Bharali Brothers Pvt Ltd from your side and do snatch the dealership of your company items. Further do replace the system to me at the earliest. I have all the proofs with me.

Best regards
Sunil Khijwania

• Di
    Dipak Kundu Sep 30, 2008

I fully agree with Dr. Sunil. No product can be considered as good good unless fully supported with quality after sales services, which is reasonably poor in case of SONY products in our country.
    "It takes hour to get a Customer but takes only a second to lose" .

I also experiencing a horrifying experience on Sony Hi-Fi Music system. They know all the tricks to misguide the customer with wrong promises on their products.

Poor sound quality

I purchased a sound system model no. MHC-GNZ888D of sony brand which is known for customer satisfaction beyond expectations. But it seems that company is more flexible to profit orientation than customer satisfaction. The sound quality is very poor in instrumental or metallic sound. Now, I want either replacement of this model with superior models on payment of difference amount or attach extra speakers to provide the required sound effect if not free then on payment. If company fails to resolve my problem, it will lose its goodwill for bona fide customers like me & so on. If company rules & regulations do not allow this, please rectify it for your goodwill of customer satisfaction orientation beyond expectations. Hoping positively.

• Pr
    Priti Chandel Nov 03, 2008

Hi,
    I do not know if any one ever read this complaints or comment inspite of writing twice regarding problem with my home theatre and your engineers no one had ever followed up. I have home theatre DAV120K intially i got error pushpower protector and i call your customer service engineer came and he said problem with the IC or AC cheap and they have to replace and charged me good RS. 3500. When they delivered it after a repair still i was having a problem my speakers were going out rather front speaker and center speaker were not working. So i called your engineer who came and said there is problme with my wiring which i got it checked with 2 separate electrician who said no problem with the wiring so i called your engineer again who than said it is problem with the system IC OR AC cheap again he took the system. After he delivered the system we got it checked in front of your engineer and just because your engineer didn't repair the IC or AC problem my woofer got affected and now ur engineer is telling me to replace the woofer cost me RS. 5000/-. Your engineers are solely responsible for the this as they did not repair the system properly my woofer and center speaker got affected and are not working properly now. And mind you that my system is just 1 year old. Intially i use to promote sony to all my family and friends now I DON'T THINK SO WOULD EVER DO THAT MISTAKE. And when ever call your customer service your engineers or managers are list bother. And i want a replacement of the woofer and center speaker without any extra cost. It is just because you did not hired a good enginner to take care of the product why should i pay for there mistake. Sony being such a big brand and this product and service don't seems to be a good picture

Satinder Nov 17, 2008

if you dont like sony then dont buy it...i have been using sony since i started listening music may be more than 10 years..and till now i have no isuues with sony..let me tell u no one makes sound like a sony does..i am thinking its you who is a problem here...as far as product service and customer satisfaction is...they do a wonderfull job...i was planning to buy a sub and mailed sony for some info..the next day i got a call and the CCE made sure all my doughts were cleared...may be you should know how to use things...
    sony like no other...

No online registration for cameras!

Hi, I two weeks back i purchased sony DSC W80 digital camera. When i tried to register my product online...

Poor service!

I am having a SONY cam coder DCR-HC42E . I was facing a problem with its LCD display.I took this to one of SONY service center. They charged me 1915 rupees for this. Service charge itself was 1000 rupees. But What I want to mention here is the attitude of the customer support executives there. They were not even ready to listen to me . Very bad customer support. I was having slight addiction to SONY brand. Almost all my electronic goods are SONY. But this is the first time I am going to a direct sony service center. This experience forced me to rethink about my selection of electronic good brand.

Anish.

• Sh
    shalini singh Jun 21, 2008

it is a complaint of your bad service regarding TV remote RM-W104. We had a problem with program key of above remote. So we had visited your service center at sec-27, noida, on 15.06.08, but instead of repaire it they made the rempte totally dumb. Now it is not working at all. We are ready to bye a new one but it not was available in their stock. So we are waiting to bye it, almost one week has completed but it is not available yet. They did not provide the substitute of it. so pls resolve our complaint ASAP

• Ra
    rashmiravi Oct 11, 2008

Leave the service guys alone for a second. take a look at the attitude of the real 'sony' guys at the call center. when my local sony service guy suggested that i pay Rs 2000/+ for a repair on a dvd player that currently costs 2600/-, naturally i reacted and called up the toll free number. without any emotion the person who attended the call suggested that i kick the dvd player off into trash because the sum of the parts do not necessarily total up to the cost of the player. it could be atleast 5 times more! so in short if one purchases a sony product in the future and it konks off, sony suggests that you dump it and purchase another one, because its much cheaper. a CRT Tv costs approx 9 grands, but if your pic tube misbehaves you are in for a real shock. the cost could be twice the amount of a brand new piece!

sony anymore? Caution Guys!

• Bh
    bharat agarwal Mar 03, 2009

BEWARE OF SONY
    I purchased one DVD MODEL MHCGNZ 333 D/CE 12 SERIAL NO. 6110429 in Oct.2007 thinking it as a good quality product brand.I was given three service coupon alongwih warranty coupon.. The service person for demo. came after my request on helpine was made and not on their own as is practice with other cos. Further no one came for service although three service coupons were given at the time of sales .Now, my Dvd had some problem almost after expiry of warranty period( quiet strange ) .On contacting helpline i was given tel no. of service centre M/S Plasma vision Mumbai.I requested them to send service engineer .One engineer came to my home and said that as the lens of system has to be cleaned, it has to be taken to service centre. It looked that the man was not competent and sure about the problem .It is really a shock and bad experience to face with a SONY brand.Further i sent one e-mail to customer service dept. sony india on23/02/2009 about their poor quality and after sales service. The streotyped reply without any solution to my problemwas received after five days THAT TOO AFTER repeated telephonic reminders on their help line .they provide horrible sales service but charge the maximum compared to any other co.
    bharat agarwal

• Rr
    r.ramakrishnan Aug 28, 2009

very poor service soney handy cam service

• Hi
    himjoshi73 Oct 01, 2009

I am having a hell of a time with these service people right now. I have given a music system to be serviced and received a call about more than a week ago that it is serviced and will be delivered on 24th. I waited but no one came. I called in the evening they told me somebody will surely come. I called on saturday (25th) on the status and was told it will surely be delivered on Sunday, but again no one visited. Its 1st October today and I am still waiting.

Bad service and customer harassment

We purchased a sony cyber shot camara for our corporate purpose. Model number DSC-W5, date of purchase 29/10/2005. Recently the battery cover has got damaged. We approached a nearby sony authorized service centre ACE ELECTRONICS SERVICES, J-3/7, Rajouri Garden, New Delhi - 110027. Firstly, the manager Mr. Swaroop started claiming that the warranty no more stands as the authentication number from the camara is missing though had the warranty card and original bill with us. We finally agreed to pay the actual without warranty. They made a condition after giving the estimated amount, that we have to pay 500 Rs. if we do not get the job done. They gave us 7 days period for he completion of the job. It was 12 days and the job was not done. They said they do not have the cosmetic part and they have to get it from Singapore, so we finally requested them to give us the camara for 2 days as we had some events in our store. For that they charged us 1000 Rs. for taking away our own camara and gave no receipts. Now we do not have any clues that when we shall be getting the parts replaced. Over all in this bad experience we somehow developed a bad taste for such a big brand. We do lot of events for Sony also as we displayed sony play station and many other things. The total team members are absolutely rude and illmannered in that particular location. we need a valuable justification from your end. The owner Mr. Manish is ignoring our calls and the lady over there Ms. Harpreet Kaur is very rude. As a loyal customer we are unable to take this.

Lifestyle International Pvt. Ltd.
V. Sriram - Manager opertaion

• Ra
    Ranjani May 20, 2008

I am facing a similar problem with the Bangalore service center in Jayanagar. The worst part is I have paid the money for the repair of the lens of my Sony cybershot W5 and by the time i got it home it stuck again and I gave it back and am still to hear from them since 26 April. I have contacted Sony India and been assured they will call back but to no avail.
    SONY SERVICE SUCKS

• Ro
    rohit agarwal Jul 18, 2008

i also feel similar problem with the service of SONY SERVICE CENTER, GHAZIABAD. my handycam DCR HC 42E have a very small problem of display. I was told at their service center that it is a small problem, we will fix it today, you can collect it in evening, we will inform you. In evening they call me and tell me that some part is not available, you will be informed and u can take it in two days. After four days i contact there, then they replied that it is not done yet, wait for one more day.
    i have to go for a tour and my tickets are also reserved. What i should do; either i should cancel the reservation or forget about using the handycam in tour.
    This type of bad service is common with all sony service centers, one must not trust the big brand names and big promises like SONY.
    It is really very irratating and panic that you spend thousands INR for handycam and dont use it when the time comes.

• Sy
    syed Jan 20, 2009

We purchased a sony cyber shot camara for our corporate purpose. Model number DSC-W120, date of purchase 22/12/2008. The Same Day we found the dead pixel on LCD Screen. We approached a nearby sony authorized service centre SONY INDIA PVT LTD. # 768, 100ft Road Indiara Nagar Bangalore. On 27th of Dec 2008 We took it to service for replacement Log Information No 300558921. Hardly used for 1 hour Firstly, the manager Mr. Dilip started claiming that the warranty no more stands as the Dead Pixel we will service the camera . A camera which you bought and not used for 1 hour and service guys says that we will open it and service and give you the same how will you feel after paying a huge money on Rs 10, 000 that to a branded product like sony with the company manufactureing defect. If that was a case we can buy a local camera from market at least we get exchange. Over all in this bad experience we somehow developed a bad taste for such a big brand. We requested them for replacing the camera because it was new and hardly used it they refused saying that noooooooooooooo we can’t they asked me to speak to delhi call centre which I did Mrs Priyanka from delhi call centre promised sir I will give you a call till dated no body respond to my calls and no one is giving proper response. So I decided not to buy any sony product and inform all my colleagues friends not to buy sony any more. It’s a Waste brand its my personal request to all those who are reading don’t buy any sony product the company is not supportive after sales. The total team members are absolutely rude and illmannered in that particular location. we need a valuable justification from your end

• As
    Ashok Mundra May 25, 2010

i purchased a sony viao ...model no-: VGN-CR35G/L serial no-:7001197
    ii was nt starting...so i gavve it to customer care...RAipur Chhatishgarh INDIA...the person told me tht i have a defect in mother board due to which i hav to change it...and he gave me a aprrox bill of Rs18500/-
    i told him that i don't to get it repaird frm your customer care..and gave it to some other person and he din't charged me any amt nd told me tht u hav no problem in your viao laptop...so i just want the sony india that this type of harrasment izz very bad for the company...charging such a huge amt..is nt good for your goodwill plzz seee to in...thank you...

Defective products and bad customer service

I bought a sony hi fi music system MHC GNZ88D in the month of November 2005. After exactly a year, the system...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices