VitalAcai Berry / Illegal charge

1 WA, United States Review updated:

Paid 4.98 for FREE TRIAL> Didn't care for the diet pills and discarded them. A month later I received another bottle. The very next day I returned them with a note to refund and cancel. The next week I received my Visa bill with an $89.31 bill from My Fitness Look [protected] UT. I did not know what this was so I called. It was for the bottle of Acai Berry which I had returned. "Dave" acknowledged that it had been returned and that my membership was cancelled, but would not allow for a refund. I too, will call the BBB and the Attorney Gen Office.

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

25th of Nov, 2008

I had the exact same experience with Supreme Brands Vital Acai only was charged $78.91 for the "free trial" plus the 4.95 shipping and handling. I filed a dispute with my credit card company and they have credited my account for now pending investigation. I have also canceled that card and have requested a duplicate card with a new number so that this company cannot defraud me again. This company also sold my name and credit card info to another company who were attempting to get authorization for a "free trial" for airline tickets and legal services. I paln on contacting the BBB, as well as the State's Attorney to file a complaint for false advertising as the website does not CLEARLY show that you will be charged this extra money unless you delve deeply into it. Additionally, I did not recieve the "free trial" of the sample until after it was too late to cancel anyway. I would like to hear from others who have had this/these issues as I would like to explore a class-action litigation.

• Sh
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Same experience and am interested in a class action law suit. I am assuming this address leads to an apartment in La Jolla. Anyone close enough to check it out? Supereme Brands LLC 941 Pearl Street #27 La Jolla, CA 92037. I received my trial pack after the 15 day trial period and then was charged my 4.95 for my free trial shipping. And then another 78.91. Have called the 888-513-5775 number several times to be put on hold and then disconnected. I have filed a complaint with www.sandiego.bbb.org (Better Business Bureau). Need more people to file a complaint. If this is your situation too please go to the bbb website and file a complaint.

• Al
      4th of Dec, 2008

Hello all, I am so pissed that I am just reading this now. I just received my 'free' bottles today in the mail and read the paper that was sent. Now I dont know what to do first. Please let me know ASAP what I should do to cancel. Thanks.

• Ka
      5th of Dec, 2008

I just got the "free trial" today and read the insert. First call to Customer Service I selected "cancel" and was placed on hold for 30 minutes. Second time, I selected "speak to customer service" and call was answered within 3 minutes. After telling the rep that I could not evaluate a "free trial" within 5 days and about the complaints read here on the internet, he offered to completely cancel my service and for $19.00 I could keep the two bottles of Acai.

I felt this was a much better option than trying to mail back opened bottles and have to wait for a delivery confirmation, etc. I already have the confirmation email and hope that this helps others needing to cancel.

Maybe these complaints have helped this company to realize they cannot continue this scam. I'm personally happy to be out only $24.00 !

• Er
      8th of Dec, 2008

I fell for this I'm embarrassed to say. I cancelled my debit card when I was unable to cancel after my "free trial" because I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone. To date I haven't been charged anything but did just receive the first months drop shipment, so am concerned I'll get a bill somewhere down the road.
    I filed a complaint with www.sandiego.bbb.org as suggested by another on this board. I noticed there had been 16 complaints filed and resolved for SupremeOne this year.

• Co
      31st of Jan, 2009

The details are outlined in the Terms and Conditions, but I wouldn't say they were presented in a clear straightforward way, more like buried in an attempt to deceive. I never placed the final order after reading the terms, but it was too late to escape another part of the scam, I had already entered my email address. As I suspected, they would my email address to spammers. I am now getting loads of spam on a new account I had only used for the offer. I set up obscure test email accounts and used them to sign up for similar offers with affiliated companies and also received loads of spam email at those addresses on the same days. These guys are ###.

• De
      22nd of Jun, 2009

Dear Customer,

I'm sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience - after reading your complaint it is apparent that you are complaining about a company that is not ours but makes similar products; we do not partner with a company called "My Fitness Look" and our product costs $78.91 at the end of the 15-day trial period, not $89.31.

In regards to the follow-up posts, I'm terribly sorry that you all experienced such difficulty getting in touch with our customer service department at the end of 08'; we were transiitioning to a 24/7 call center in December of 2008 and because of this call times became extremely long for a week or two. You can now contact us at (866) 899-9006 at whenever is convenient for you (as that line is open 24/7); hold times are under one minute.

I would like to re-iterate that we do not offer or advertise "free samples" - we are offering a "free trial" which is a time-sensitive test. We list terms and conditions repeatedly, which must be agreed to if you wish to finalize an order with us (or your order will not successfully process).

We also do not sell customer information to other companies; we do contact our customer immediately after ordering to confirm that the order is valid (as there is a great amount of fraud on the internet). Once we have confirmed the order we may offer our customer's specials and discounts on other products and services (gas cards, plane tickets, etc.) as a courtesy.

Customer's are in no way obligated to accept these specials, it is just our way of providing a better experience for our customers - they get a call from a person shortly after ordering to confirm their order, so they know they are dealing with a reputable company. We then offer them additional deals and savings as a way to beneift both parties; most customers are very happy to be contacted and offered additional savings.

Devin