Virgin Media / Absolutely appalling service!

I don't know where to start with this service. It is absolutely appalling. No-one that I have written to or spoken to seems to know what's going on. The 'on demand' service only works sometimes. It disappears for up to 2 weeks with no explanation. I did not receive a copy of April 2007 bill. This may not have been their fault but what I cannot get them to do is send me a copy of that bill. I want to see what I am paying for. All they did was add.

Beware!

Je

Comments

7th of Jun, 2007

21 days and many hours spent on the mobile phone to polite but basic liars who promise tomorrow tomorrow and and we still have NO PHONE. The number promised (at this stage I couldn't care less, give us any number) was given to some one two days ago. We are at our wits end all for throwing it in the bin. Come on Virgin you are not a tin pot company I really expected more from a R. Branston.

21st of Jun, 2007

Does richard branson have the same trouble as me trying to get hold of ntl? I don't think so. He should try phoning his call centres and experience the problems i've had. It rings for ages - someone may answer, probably in india, I cannot understand what they are saying - they then transfer me to another department - i hang on for wages - a call for which i am paying. Eventually i have to hang up because its costing me money. I am so frustrated i cannot speak to anyone who can help me. They are only interested in putting me hold - at my expense. By the way i am trying to cancel my contract with them.

22nd of Jun, 2007
    Virgin Media - Absolute joke!
    United Kingdom

Well i find virgin media an absolute joke. I have been requesting since february 2007 for somebody to contact me with regard to my tv package and why i am paying double the about for exactly the same products i was receiving in august 2005 when i first took this service out!!! 14 e-mails, 7 phone calls and 5 letters later i have still not received any response or explanation!!! The only thing i have received is a threatening letter saying that i have breach my contract by canceling my direct debit... which i threatened to carry out twice before actually taking action and following it through. Wouldn't you??? I just want to sort the £137 they say i owe and get rid of them and go to sky as they are offering me a lot more than virgin anyway!!! I should have done it along time ago.

• St
      24th of Jun, 2007

I totally agree, they are the most useless company I have ever dealt with

25th of Jun, 2007

I totally agree with the above comments. Whilst NTL had its faults, they were never as bad as VirginMedia. I would be curious to find how many ex NTL customers lost their email accounts this weekend (23/06/07). I have found out today that my 3 NTL email accounts have been withdrawn by Virgin. Just the email accounts not my broadband service. Is this a back door way of getting me to transfer to Virgin media email addresses?

As an ISO 9001 certified company, I believe that they have breached the following QMS standards:

4.2.4 Control of documentation.
    6.2.2 Competence, awareness and training.
    7.2.2 Review of requirements related to the product.
    7.2.3 Customer Communication.
    7.5.4 Customer property.
    8.2.1 Customer Satisfaction.

I would like to think that the ISO certificating body will look closely at their so called performance.

Shame on you Virginmedia, for a communication firm you are not very good at communicating.

28th of Jun, 2007
    Virgin Media - Their whole system seems to be a shambles!
    Uruguay

Disgusting, after struggling to access somewhere to email regarding a fault with phone, the phone is dead but to others phoning engaged, had no response, rang and left message, no response, phoned later as phone line somehow was self-dialing 999 which was awkward, in fact police came out first time, then told will be Monday sometime, 6 days later than fault reported. Our home is on threat to danger yet are left without phoneline and with a line which had been making false calls so if a genuine one was made later these false ones are reported. Do you not think you need more engineers, Virgin. Also annoyed at the rip-off charge of £5 if we do not conform and pay all bills by Direct Debit, so if they make a mistake I wonder how long it will take us for them to refund us!! We should have choices how we pay our bill. If we had a choice to pay on-line and manage own accounts that would save their paperwork. Their whole system seems to be a shambles. Thinking of going to BT as they repair phones quicker.

• Le
      2nd of Jul, 2007

I have been with ntl for years now but since virgin media took over it has been 1 hell of a ride. Virgin media must be the fastest company in the world to upset so many people at once they lost the top sky programs (sky 1) they tell you you can get 20meg broadband, but they don’t tell you you can only use it for 21mins before they cap your speed to 5meg and call it traffic management you have a problem and you get someone on the other end of the phone that you cant understand and now there going to charge you 25pence a min for the privilege. Now how can company’s get away with it. They say 1 thing and do another i wont be staying with virgin media if this continues.

• St
      25th of Jul, 2007

I payed my bill on Saturday and i got home from work Monday to find out I've been cut off the phone.

• Cm
      26th of Jul, 2007
    Virgin Media - Customer misinformation

Bad experience with virgin media. Be very careful - read the small print, get written confirmation - the call centre staff seem misinformed, confused, and hellbent on ensuring that you will never be able to cancel within 28 days - even if it means misinforming the customer. The call waiting time is ridiculous (they are making money, after all) and to confuse matters further, there are more departments than make sense! At one point i was advised that i had no contract with virgin, but i did have with ntl! What??? I signed up for a deal to include mobile but was later told i couldn't have it unless i got cable connected (after signing, of course). Then they lied about bt/virgin switchover date to avoid cancellation. Cant be bothered typing any more, wasted enough time on them!

28th of Jul, 2007
    Virgin Media - More lies from these people!
    United Kingdom

I called them on the day of installation as I was disappointed with the amount of TV channels - I was told by the girl on the phone that I could have a free upgrade to XL for 6 months; cool right?! WRONG!!

Over the next couple of months they charged me double; when I contacted customer services and after nearly 1 hour and 15 minutes on the phone; was told things such as "why would we upgrade you free of charge?" and "we would never have said that". I did explain to them that what they're doing is completely illegal - consumers have rights, but still they refuse to refund me.

The bills from Virgin are still incorrect and they are still charging me wrongly – I have now canceled all the direct debits and my services have been revoked; which is an inconvenience but they won’t cancel my contract either – [censored] them, see you in court!

As consumers we are covered by the law and I’m sure that must include:-
    The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended)
    The Supply of Goods & Services Act 1982
    The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000

I am now going to write to the CEO of Virgin Media and ask for an explanation and refund to sort this out once and for all; failing this I will contact Ofcom (http://www.ofcom.com), after that the bank as they may have breached the direct debit guarantee (but I need to check this first) and maybe BBC watchdog. If every disgruntled customer does the same we have more of a fighting chance against them. This company cannot get away with the mistreatment of its customers and someone needs to be accountable and resolve these issues and stop selling services on the say-so of false information.

Joey

Bartley Wood Business Park
    Hook
    RG27 9XA

28th of Jul, 2007

Virgin Media have the worst customer service and help lines I have ever experienced in my entire life! I only went with them because I used to have NTL and their service was far from great but I signed up for broadband and TV @ £27.00 per month. OK. So I was told that the direct debit would be taken as £25.00 broadband and £2.00 for TV - strange but OK. This is because their TV payments are on a different system apparently.

As consumers we are covered by the law and I’m sure that must include:-
    The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended)
    The Supply of Goods & Services Act 1982

Bartley Wood Business Park
    Hook
    RG27 9XA

28th of Jul, 2007

I cant understand why microsoft don't have any support for me, payment for my delivery.

• Ru
      30th of Jul, 2007
    Virgin Media - Complete rubbish!
    United Kingdom

Been with virgin media since they took over fron NTL got tv /mobile /broadband/and landline telephone. I can honestly say what a load of Rubbish cant get my bills correct cant answer my calls don't answer my e-mails. charged me for two years for 4mb broadband then i found out i was only getting 2 mb what a rip off no sorry no money refunded.

This week i have tried to close my account with virgin media without success been on the phone 7 times each time i am on it takes 1 hour and twenty minutes on the phone to them the i hang up! Well today I eventually got to speak to someone about canceling my account Mmm mmm guess what he says no one is able to cancel your account because they don't have a customer service person to do it what a load og crap!!!

So they said they will phone me later to discuss this well whatever i want here from them.

Anyone out their that wants to join Virgin Media don't, its total rubbish. I am going back to BT.

Russell.

• Ci
      1st of Aug, 2007

I would love to let the ceo know my full view. However i fear all letters sent would be futile and a waste of time. If he ever read it he would not give a ###, he would sit in his massive office and drive home in his sportscar to his wife and 2.4 children.

• Ha
      2nd of Aug, 2007
    Virgin Media - Being overcharged after downgraded the Internet service and refused the full refund!
    United Kingdom

About 3 months ago, I requested for the downgrading on my Internet service from 4mb to 2 mb, but when I received my bill, I noticed that I was charged the 4mb's price which is £25.

I rang up the customer service right away 2 months ago to reconfirm, even have spoken to the manager about it. I was told that this matter would be sorted right away, and would have £15 refund, as I would get a £10/month deal for the 2mb internet service.

Sadly, the bill in the following months I've been charged for £25 each month AGAIN! I called up every month to alter this mistake and requested the FULL refund, the Virgin Media is just giving me empty promises.

Yesterday (1st Aug 2007), I rang up again, and the customer service told me that the manager would keep in touch with me today. I have waited for whole day but negative... However I called up again, and spoken to 3 different customer services individual, now they give me a deal which is £10/ month for the next 6 months, and £20 refund.

I am totally disagree with it! As I suppose to get this £10/month 3 months ago, but I was being charged £15 extra for 3 months, this is totally so WRONG!

• Ke
      5th of Aug, 2007

Joey,

Keep us informed about your situation with Virgin Media, I have similar problems and would be delighted to join you in court to verify their unlawful behavior.

These reptiles remind me of ENRON type businessmen, '[censored]ing Crooks' who think they can get away with anything.

Keep us informed!

Best of Luck,

Kevin

10th of Aug, 2007
    Virgin Media - Underhanded tactic to cover their mistakes

To whom it may concern,

I telephoned your call centre to day to inform them of the change in my banking details for my direct debit. I told the the female person on the phone my new details which I wanted to be setup so that my Next payment in September 2007 would come out of that new account, because it was to late to stop this months payment coming out of my old account.

This is when I asked the operator would this be ok to do, The operator inform me that it would take 16-18 days for this to be set up and that august payment would come out of the new account along with septembers payment. I asked why I would have to pay two payments in September After she told me it was to late to stop this months payment To My utter surprise and amazement the operator told me to stop using abusive and raciest Language. When I asked what I said that was abusive and racist she could not remember so I asked to speak to her supervisor I was but on hold and the same voice came back on posing as the supervisor, When I said That I knew I was speaking to the same person she changed her story and said that she could not put me through to her supervisor and then hung up. I take great offense at been accused of you improper language since Im in a mixed race marriage and have two beautiful children of mixed race I would not tolerate the use of any racial or bigoted language against my own family I certainly would not use it to any other person If this is how Virgin Media train their staff I think they should review their training manual I was Deeply hurt and severely offended that a complete stranger would use such a underhanded tactic to cover their mistake. I thought Virgin was a company leading the world in its high standards of customer care sadly to day that was not the case.

Noel Kerr

26th of Aug, 2007

Just one word to describe Virgin Media:

###!

I'm extremely pissed off with them!

• Sh
      3rd of Sep, 2007
    Virgin Media - Telephone Out of Service
    United Kingdom

Our telephone Number 01173304902 is out of service for last one week i.e. from 26/08/2007 to till date. We complaint to Virgin Media customer service as on 28/08/2007 & they promised us to visit on 03rd September 2007 to solve the problem. But we waited the whole day today, nobody has to come to solve our telephone problem. As you know, I am pregnant lady completing 39 weeks & i my due date in 8th september 2007. I request them to solve this problem as earliest & they are told us to take one week to solve this problem & till today they didnot attend to our place to repair. Due to this problem, we are dicided to cancel the Virgin Media Service & we are looking for Sky network to fullfil the above problem. We are not going to pay any telephone bill for this month & we are try to cancel all the virgin media services (i.e. T.V., Broadband, Telephone). For your kind information, we are the Telewest company customer for the last 4 years & after they take over by Virgin Media, the customer services going to be worster than before. We are fed-up of their service.

• Ti
      11th of Sep, 2007
    Virgin Media - Telephone problem
    United Kingdom

I rang virgin media to report my telephone out of order , it was fine in the morning as i had a call at 7.30a.m by 3pm i had nothing, same as last time. After unplugging all lines as instructed by the lady on the end of the phone.... still nothing.... like last time.i have to wait for 2 days until an engineer can call, which is difficult to understand as the last time they fixed it they took 5 seconds to do it! We have 2 epileptics in the family and of course our phones are of great importance but unfortunately that doesn't count. I will be moving back to b.t because they seem to get a bit more organised these days, and i neeeeeed my phone. Does anybody read these complaints.... mr branson maybe. He should have stuck to flying cos he sure isn't doing very well with media!