Having problems with Virgin Media?

+44 345 454 1111 (Broadband, TV and Home Phone)
+44 345 600 0789 (Mobile and Mobile Broadband)
+44 345 141 0111 (Moving Home Enquiries)
+44 800 064 3820 (Buying or Upgrading)
270 & 280 Bartley Way, Bartley Wood Business Park
Sat8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

Terrible scam!

What can I say! DO NOT GET YOUR DIGITAL TV WITH THIS COMPANY! Catalog of complaints:-

*Box Hardly ever Works Properly, freezes, or services are 'Unavailable'!

*Get this, this one will make you laugh (you have to or you would cry!) - received a letter dated 9th Jan 08 telling me that an engineer was coming round on the 8th Jan 08 and that I would need to be home, work that one out!!! (Wish I could scan this in & post it on here as you just wouldn’t believe it would you!!)

*Customer Services is Non Existent & only 1 in 5 of them speak English (although I must say that the ones with English as a Second language TRY and be more helpful & courteous than those who speak English), don’t try to explain anything to them, they just cut your services off or 'reset them'! You can be on the phone for hours and I mean hours and still be no further on when you get of the phone!!!

*Took afternoon of work & waited in for an Installation Engineer from 1 till 6pm, as I was told, and an Engineer finally turned up at 7.45pm! (Engineers were great though and I felt sorry for them when they told me how over worked they were!)

*Bills are often wrong!

*They never reply to your verbal or WRITTEN complaints! Hope this is enough to put you off as would hate for any one to waist the time, money, effort and the jeopardize of your mental health as I have! My final comment is that maybe if they paid these people in call centers and Engineers enough instead of all the Chief Executives awarding them self’s huge pay rises & expecting the people on the ground that make things happen to work for pittance then us customers might get the level of service that we pay through the nose for!

Damage to property on installation!

Engineer damaged surrounding window upon installation. Have been trying since 6th September 2007, to rectify this. Have made 3 verbal complaints, plus 2 written letters. This also involved the installation and the equipment not working since this date. I have been billed for something that could not be used. I no longer want this service and have been trying for some time to get someone to visit.

I am 63 years old and now my name has gone to Debt Recovery Agency, even though I was informed that my bills would be put on hold until the equipment was rectified.

• La
    Laurie Pocock Feb 06, 2009

I have had an appalling experience with Virgin Media.

* During the installation by the sub-contractor team that arrived in the late afternoon/early evening on 24 October 2008 it became job was not being completed to a professional standard. The cabling to the telephone and computer in the ground floor dining room was being led through the hall and around the doorway (in such a way to prevent us being able to close the dining room door), this is now evidently a safety risk as well as being unsightly. Despite our requests to correct the work, the contractors informed us “that there is no alternative” to the way ithe cabling was being completed, this also included running cable over the fireplace in the lounge The contractors then informed us that they had connected us to the TV and broadband services and that this would come on in 15 minutes and they left the house. We were not aware that they were leaving us at that point, as they did not confirm the job was fininshed or gave us anything to sign on completion.
    * In fact, the only service that worked properly was the phone line, our son in law who came round to our house afterwards was appaled at the standard of work and pointed out how they could have easily gone round the outside of the house instead of through our halls doorways and over the fireplace. We then noticed that the contractors had obviously come in to the property without washing as there were dirty hand prints on the walls which had been painted with unwashable paint. We also noticed that some cash had gome missing (approx £70) from my wallett. This has since been the subject of a police complaint and though they reported back to me was insufficient evidence to arrest the men, no investigation was conducted internally as promised-
    * I then phoned their office to complain and to request that the work be inspected and corrected. I was assured ther would be no charge for the TV and broadband services in the meantime. I had been assured that the area manager would come round the mext Saturday but he failed to show up. After various conversations I managed to speak to someone in their complaints team who did try to get through to his manager but had to admit he found it difficult to contact him despite leaving messages for him. A date was agreed in November for a visit, for which I had to take a leave day from work but again no one turned up. A further date was arranged but instead of the manager someone known as "Super Mick" came to say he was being called in to re-connect us and re-do the cabling. I told him I had been expecting his manager as I felt that compensation was owing to us for both the cost of re-painting the stained walls and the time lost to me from my leave and the general disturbance and stress caused. He replied he had no authority to agree compensation which he agreed was owing and he further agreed the cabling was a sloppy job. He would report back to his manager. In the meantime, I had raised another complaint through another complaint because I had not heard from this manager. To be fair, she was obviously concerned at the whole situation and said she would contact his manager.
    * Eventually, On 19 December the deputy area manager came to our house I showed him the photographs we had taken in relation to the dirty walls, which had now been painted and he saw for himself and agreed that the cabling work was done in a completely unprofessional way and incorrectly routed. He said he would report back to the area confirming the situation and that she would come back to me with a fair offer. This, however did not happen and the deputy manager went on leave soon afterwards.
    * I then raised another complaint, on his return from Christmas leave I phoned him again and he assured me the area manager would come back to me, but again she did not. I then spoke to anoter complaint mnager who confirmed she had spoken to the area manager who now requested I write a letter and enclose photographs, and reciept for the painting work. Saying the deputy was wrong to indicate the matter could be resolved without me posting evidence as he had seen it. He also stated that any charges for the TV and broadband services would not be payable until my outstanding dispute in relation to the installation was resolved. I have now had a bill for these services. I am currently arguing witgh Virgin media regarding this, but intend to take such action as may be required through the small claims court.

This complany is the worst organisation that I have ever dealt with in my life, there is no co-ordination between their teams or within their teams. They seem to have untrained installers who are sub-contractors working for a firm called Kellys.

Stay clear and never get involved with them.

Poor service!

This has been a catalogue of problems ! For three week during September I was without my landline , after 45...

Asian call centre is a scam!

NTL all is forgiven!!!

Dear Sir, After my recent experience dealing with virgin media these past 2 weeks and some of the comments I have read on a host of web sites, I suspect the chances of this email getting a response are slim to none. But I am optimistic as from my experience with around 10 different virgin employees these past 2 weeks 2 of them could actually be bothered to do their job and didnt tell me a pack of lies. Thats a 1 in 5 chance of not getting some incompetent useless liar. This is not an accusation. It's fact based on observation and experience. So here goes and heres hoping I get that 1 in 5. It began when I had money problems and was cut off from my broadband service 2 days before I was able to clear the balance. After paying the amount owed I called virgin to get my broadband put back on. I was assured reconnection would happen within 24 hours. I explained a friend in similar circumstances waited 10 days or more, I was told that was a one off and not the norm. 3 days later I was still not reconnected. I called to try and get this sorted but unfortunately got some arrogant employee who clearly couldn't be bothered. Perhaps his lunch break was approaching. His screen said reconnection had gone through, so.... that was that he wouldnt move from that standpoint and made no effort to investigate further. I tried explaining that being with NTL for 7 years I was well aware that a modem has various lights, and when the "ready" light is inactive it indicates a disabled connection to virgins hardware. Mentioning this simple fact to an engineer would validate what I was claiming was a truthful fact. He gave me the premium rate call centre number (Asia) nothing short of a phone scam and said goodbye, or bugger off basically. I called the number at an alleged 25p per minute with £3 approx of change. Instead of the expected 8+ minutes I got as far as giving half of my customer account number and then click. Money gone. This was an everyday BT public payphone. The call lasted 70 seconds if that. Disgusting. I then had to change a £10 note for £1 coins so as to guarantee I could relay Virgins mistake and get someone to really listen to what i was saying and try and resolve the matter without bias or pre-concieved notions of me being a broadband newcomer who needed to configure my computer correctly. Unfortunately they were no more helpful than the first guy in the UK, and were clearly more concerned with operating procedures and not deviating from what is clearly a well rehearsed script. They are totally rigid and inflexible and keeping their job rather than offering any real help seems to be the underling priority. Im not the only customer to pick up on this. Your connection is on Mr Keary is basically what I was told... AGAIN!! This was getting infuriating and over the course of the remaining days, right up to today, I was forced into calling the scam line many, many times at considerable expense. That money could have paid for my connection and literally put me months in advance credit. Bear in mind I was disconnected because of cash flow problems, so to then be forced into a situation of having to call a peak rate number which in reality charges much more than is advertised for what was an oversight on Virgins part left a very nasty taste and a large hole in my pocket. Each time I called that helpline I felt like I had just been mugged or scammed. 2 days ago I tried calling the [protected] number. To my amazement I got an employee who could actually be bothered to do his job. What I was chasing from the start... some competence. He established the connection had not been reconnected as stated by at least 7 other employees and was at a loss to explain why I was getting told what things that were untrue. He informed me that some maintenance was being carried out on the network and that if I called back Sat(today) it would be a simple flick of a switch to correct Virgins oversight. Great! I now get confirmation of what I already knew, but most of the damage had been done, especially to my wallet, which is light at the best of times. I had been getting the runaround by lazy incompetent employees for almost 2 weeks. Saturday arrives (today) and I head to the payphone. I get through to an Asian man at approx 9:30 am. I explain the scenario and he says he cant be sure when my service will be re-enabled. He then commits himself to Sunday 10 pm and that if it is not on by then to call back the same day between the hours of 8.30 am - 12.00 am. That is no joke. He really said this. I then explained the hassle, the money, and the denial by virgin staff of being at fault and I felt that some sort of recompense was in order, due to the cost of all the Asian call centre calls. He replied with, "If you still have problems call technical support." It was like the guy was deficient in crucial areas (the brain) or like others before him just couldnt be bothered. I went home fuming. After a short time I thought to myself that the way employees respond to your problem is totally dependent on the character or lack of, of the person it is your pot luck to get landed with. With this in mind I headed back to the payphone to give it one last try to get some definitive answers or assistance and not just lip service. Bingo! I explained my situation to this particular employee, a lady. She assured me reconnection would happen in 24 hours possibly sooner and with some people a modem reboot sees the connection immediately come back on. I felt more hopeful this time. 2 weeks of endless call centre experiences, throwing £1 coins into the payphone like feeding monkeys peanuts at the zoo. I thanked her, and started to actually think the end of the futile calls to Virgin was close at hand, but I was also aware I had been told 24 hours some 2 weeks before, and here I was. Anyway I was immensely grateful for her just doing what she was paid to do. Her job. How sad a reflection is that of Virgins customer support. I read Virgin is getting more complaints because customers from Telewest and NTL are expecting much more from Virgin and I have to say, thats just tripe. In 7 years with NTL I never had to experience anything like this. Not even close. Waiting on the phone was the biggest NTL problem and they eventually sorted that out. Its sad but as bad as NTL were, Virgin is in a league of its own. It has been a thouroughly unpleasant experience, and got so frustrating at one point I wrote a letter the Friday night giving notice to Virgin I no longer wanted their service. Had the problem not been resolved today that letter would have been posted and I was calling Zen ADSL. Before I left the payphone I asked the virgin employee about my bill and would it be ammended to exclude charges for the days no service was available. She informed me that the bill would be halved approx to reflect this and the £5 surcharge fee would be waived. £5 for 2 weeks of incompetence, outright lies, insinuation of the incompetence being of my making, being blatantly fobbed off or get drawn into a pantomime of OH NO IT ISNT, OH YES IT IS, and to top it all, out of pocket by £30 or more through constantly being referred to an impotent call centre somewhere in Asia to try and convince them that the connection was categorically still not enabled, but I had no other options other than cancel my services or continue to follow all the shoddy advice given. I honestly thought that someone eventually would acknowledge that a dead "ready" light on the modem signifies the modem is not picking up an active connection to virgins internet infrastructure. It would have saved a lot of time, money and frustration if staff were trained to know what the modems lights are and what they indicate, as they can be used to pinpoint exactly who or what is at fault and these lights and the way they flash or flicker, or do not light up makes them essentially diagnostic lights. Anyway after all that I get the monthly £5 surcharge fee waived. To say I am insulted at being sent on an expensive wild goosechase and compensated to the tune of £5 is an understatement. I have been told by a friend not to expect a reply to this but am holding out hope I get a 1 in 5 employee. I would like to know if Virgin feel that to be fobbed off with £5 after going through all the crap I was put through is fair. Because I have to say I dont. Yours Sincerely Thomas keary

norman baker Nov 21, 2007

This poor person like many thousands of others has been subjected to horrendous treatment by Virgin Media.If any one ever tells me that Richard Branson runs well run companies that offer value for money I will throw a fit. I will never buy anything with the Virgin name. WHY CAN NOTHING BE DONE WITH TERRIBLE COMPANIES LIKE THIS.

• Mi
    missyanna Mar 28, 2008

Hi, I came across this letter when I was looking up the address of my office...at virgin media! I, like many others, haven't been working there long (the turnover appears to be very high) and am employed via an agency. Now I certainly don't see my temporary position here as long term, but I am one of the few 1 in 5 employees. I have had lots of customer service experience and can honestly say that I have never worked anywhere that delivered such poor service. (and that's saying something in the uk!...businesses nowadays only care about getting new customers to keep the share holders happy, and it appears that losing existing customers is a much lower priority. Now although I have never owned or managed a business, being the logical thinker that I am, I would think that providing a good service (for example carrying out the many promises made to customers!) would mean that customers would be loyal and would spend a good sum of money for many years to come and would in turn recommend the service to their friends. This would creat continual business, both new and existing, and would therefore make the company lots of money...surely that would also make the share holders happy??...and of course the customers would be happy also! (unless they died of shock when they asked for something to be fixed/installed etc and it was actually done!!)

I can completely understand why customers get so frustrated (some have even been brought to tears!), and when I speak to customers who have been through weeks or even months or bad service, no service and lots of chasing things up at their expense, I endevour to help them as much as I can. To be honest I'm not that hot on the technical side of things, but I'll offer to take all of the customers questions and then investigate the issues and call them back...which often comes as a suprise to them as when many virgin employees say theyll call you back...they don't. I'm also different from a large number of employees in that i'm honest. If I don't know something, I'll say I don't know and will either find out of answer, or point them in the direction of the appropriate department. Now a lot of the time the messenger gets shot, and if when another virgin employee (from one of the hundreds of departments around the country...is gets vert confusing, even for the staff! everyone just passes the buck, saying its not their department!) promises that he is going to call the customer, that's what I tell the customer! I then get understandably frustrated customers calling me again (as i have been the most helpful out of the 20 other employees they have spoken with about the same issue!!) I often get shouted at, but I let the customer talk everything out (I've heard some employees continually interupting customers, and then raising their voice and even get argumentative! After the call they then go on to ### about it with the people around them!) But some customers can be really abusive. I'm on a temp's wages (i.e. not very much!), and to be screamed and shouted at for something that isn't your fault when you are actully trying to help isn't particularly nice!! all in a days work eh?! But in all fareness, I've got to say I'm good at my job, and like so many companies although I rarely get praise for giving a good service by managers (but they are quick to pick you up on certain issues!) However I go into work and perform to my own work ethic and I get my praise from the individuals I have helped along the way.

Anyway, I thought you'd appreciate a little insite into the crazy world of virgin media! let's hope you get through to me next time you call!!! ...and no, I won't leave my number!!! :-)

Mr A Cotton Jun 10, 2008

I agree with everything the gentleman said, we should all get together and write a book, or make a film, of coarse it would be a HORROR THRILLER. I have tried to get help through consumer advice, then trading standards. They wrang Virgin Media up, but guess what, they just went along with what Virgin Media said, that i had to contact Virgin Media by phone.The only trouble is i only have a mobile and this has been going on since October 2007. As soon as i put £10 on it and tried to sort things out, i ran out of money, and as you can imagine i didn`t keep this up for very long.Buy the way my my problem was INVALID EMAIL, USER NAME, AND PASSWORD, and still is. A friend told me about hotmail hence this email. I could go on and on, LETTER`S PHONE CALLS, AND EMAILS I HAVE HAD OFF VIRGIN MEDIA. I stumbled across this complaint board when i was looking at the terms&condition`s legal jargon of virgin media, and looking at the post office site for phone and internet servici`es. The time is 5.03 morning. I makes me feel more angry, after reading some of the letter`s, like the gentleman said this has had me right on the bottom, and how i wonder how many people their are, hundreds prob`ably. This firm seems to be fallen apart, and the people incharge know what`s going on, but as long as the money keeps going in some bodies back pocket, they are not bothered until we hear about it on the New`s To tell you the truth i am surprised it has not been headline breaking New`s Anyway i am deter`mined to get away from this so called company from HELL. YOUR`S SINC`ERELY Mr A COTTON.

Poor service!

It was impossible for me to change broadband/ phone provider! Or it was until the mobile inventions came on...

Fraud and cheating!

I recently phoned the free phone number in order to find out why virgin had been overcharging me for 4 months when I eventually got an adviser they explained there had been a mistake and he would refund the charges in my next bill, he then advised me that I should have the large tv bundle as they no longer do the medium one, we discussed possible changes but I never agreed to anything. 2 days later I get a letter from Virgin thanking me for taking up a new 12m contract (fuming), I phoned to cancel all services and was left on a machine for 39 minutes, I then hung up but will be cancel via letter!

Mr Mann Patel Sep 10, 2007

If you are looking for broadband, tv, phone & mobile??? Definitely VIRGIN is not the place to go. They claim to be cheaper than any other provider but as prices, their services is cheaper than anything.

If you got problem while with virgin?? then it is big problem because they have no one to look after customers problems, what a shame!!! You will go everywhere with your problem but you won't get solution, that's FACT. Customer care staff, supervisor, manager, installer and all, they are getting well paid for their job which they suppose to do but no one cares really.

It's like too many chefs in kitchen makes cooking worst!!! same they making ''Virgin'' a total shamble... looser. In short, do not even think to join virgin. better to pay bit more & get hassle free services.

Why I'm giving advise?? Because I have personal experience and would not want any one to go where I've been through, it's hell.

• Je
    Jennifer Lim Nov 02, 2007

Strongly agree with you. Worst service ever!

Anna Jul 20, 2008

I could not agree more! In February 2008 I ordered Virgin broadband which was supposed to be installed within 10 days. When I called to inquire the engineer's visit the person informed me that actually it will be around 3 weeks or more as there is no engineer available in my area. I am sharing a house with friends who are studying and need to use the internet frequently. I discussed it with them and we decided to cancel the order and switch to BT ( internet in 3 days). At this point I thought that everything was right. As you read in Virgin terms and conditions you can cancel the service up to two weeks after the INSTALLATION. I cancelled few days after ordering so nothing ever was installed, I have never received a router, there was no engineer, I have not used a single byte of Virgin broadband but to my surprise my account WAS DEBITED £18 for NOTHING!!! I was happy to cancel the direct debit ( I even received the letter from Virgin media asking why - WHAT A MESS!!!) but initial payment was already taken. It was a theft as I paid for something I never used. I started calling Virgin media and bank ( spending around 45 min to get through).
    Virging media advised me that I should fill in Indemnity Claim and money will be transferred within few days back into my account. When I called the bank they did not know about the form, wanted the details of the Virgin media customer advisor. I called Virgin media but they said they cannot provide any personal details or extension numbers. Eventually I went to bank in person on 22nd of MAY 2008 where the customer service person called Virgin media on my behalf ( not to mention that he could not find Indemnity Claim in the bank intranet either!!! but at least tried to be helpful). I occurred that filling the form does not result in a few days' waiting time. In this case I agreed with the Virgin media customer service person that I will be sent a cheque within 28 DAYS. She used this language from customer service courses that makes me sick "Yes, I agree. Yes, it was not correct. I am really sorry (REALLY?). It will be sorted shortly (WILL IT?), etc". IT IS 20th of JULY (TWO MONTHS!!!) and I have not seen my money...It has been FIVE MONTHS. Now I know how they make a profit. Stealing. Many people give up all the hassle of chasing £18 but I will not. Just because I do not like to be ripped off. NEVER SIGN A DIRECT DEBIT WITH VIRGIN!

• Ke
    Kesi Jan 21, 2014

In 2012/2013 signed a contract with virgin media for internet broadband but I can only say their services are the WORST I have ever subscribed to. Every time, I had a problem with my internet I would call them and then they would say I would be charged to resolve the problem. Not until I would insist that the problem was theirs so they should honour it. For example, sometimes I would have technical problems with a router, signal failure and so on. Very often when I called them no one seemed to take responsibility of my queries only to be transferred from one department to another, put on hold for long times and in some cases they would hung up on me.

In the middle of my contract Virgin media decided to increase my monthly payments without even letting me know about it. I only found out when my bank statements came to my address. I called them and wanted to cancel the contract but they quoted me a figure which was unreasonably so high.
    I decided to wait until the end of my contract. As if that was not enough, at the end of my contract they sent me bill which was three times my monthly payment. So I called them again to explain to me why I have to pay all these hidden charges but one of them told me that these figures are generated by computer systems and would not comment on them any further. I deeply regretted why I used Virgin Media.

Unlike for financial institutions where one can complain to financial ombudsman, telecommunication companies get away with all unsatisfactory experiences of their customers that not only cause financial distress to them, but also end up negatively impacting their credit worthiness.

Dead land line phone!

I got back from holiday on August 15th to find my land line phone dead. I notified Virgin Media on August 16th. After two technician's visits and nearly three weeks later the line is still not working, and no one at Virgin Media can give me a date when it might be. I'm a pensioner and I've had to buy a pay-as-you-go mobile in case of emergencies.

It's my impression that since VM took over telewest the standards of service and 'Customer Care' have collapsed.

They don't have long ladder to install on 1st, 2nd floor

Sounds funny but it's true,

This company do not have their long ladder so beware if you live on first or second floor, Absolutely horrible service & they claimed to be No 1 who voted them???

I tried calling after calling on day of installation and all time new person but same old ###, & they recommend you to take DAY OFF to be there for installation (Never Do that), first thing although they give you time period they never come on time, some cases early & some cases never turn up...

On day of installation, guy from virgin media came 5hrs early, look around and found he needs long ladder... he went to find one but never came back. On other side I spent all my day chasing people, someone said he'll come so wait, some said you need to rebook the installation date, someone said supervisor will call in 30 minute to discuss in detail, do they have one(who really look after customers complaints)??? still by the end of they waiting for some one to install & just found out they have no nearer dates, & Of Course NO LADDER...

I wouldn't recommend!

mrs Greaves Sep 05, 2007

Sound like the technician i had yesterday. He sat outside in his van for 15 mins, came in didn't introduce himself and ask where do you want it. As requested in the front bedroom we answered. he looked in the bedroom, stating he had no long ladder, no step ladder, no wood bits for his drill and lastly it was a 2 man job. Phone to complain and after waiting on the phone 1 hour and being put onto 4 people i still had not been able to talk to technician department. Next day and 30 mins on phone got to talk to a customer service manager was very snooty when i complained suggesting i have another day off work for a work assessment and another day for fitting. This all after i was switching to bt and sky they managed to persuade me to stay with virgin Why oh why did i agree i wonder. I am at the moment seething...

Crap service!

I have the Virgin Cable broadband for two weeks now. Since then my life is a nightmare! Dial-up internet i...

Poor installation and service all around

I have experienced very poor service from Vigrin Media from the word go. When I first called to join a installation date of was given to me, on the day I waited for 4 hours and no one and when I called them they informed me that they did not have my mobile number and had the incorrect address. On then next installation date, they left the cable on the walk way and advised that I would have to place it under the walk way. They installed a faulty cable modem, I'm not able to view more than 7 TV channels and my landline which was to be working right away( as informed by the contact center) is still not working. And now they advise that a Technician will only be able to come and repair it in a weeks time. IS THIS WHAT ONE CALLS GOOD SERVICE... I DON'T THINK SO...

Totally rubbish organization!

Perhaps it will never be estimated the amount of nerves and time lost and the stress relived while trying to get Virgin Media broadband and TV package repaired. About five (!) weeks ago suddenly the internet connection disappeared and cable TV as well. So, I called to Virgin Media to inform them about the problem. It took about 40 minutes to get a response. The adviser that responded said that he will book a technician to come. It would take one week. That means, next week, Tuesday. One week without internet, living in the UK, where almost everything is done online, is not too bad yet, as you can 'smell' from the Virgins attitude. Wel, it is true, there are billions of people in our planet that have never heard of internet. However, the story didn't finish here. When came the day for the technician to arrive, nobody came. So, I called again to the Virgin. Guess what. Again after a tiring 25 minutes on the phone finely someone picked it up, and when asked what happened to the technician, told that the booking was canceled. Why? Because someone from my side canceled it. Thats complete rubbish. Ok, the adviser then told me, sorry about that, we can book a technician for next Tuesday. Second week without internet. I have to pay all my bills, and to do some work there, as well as all my connections with my family and friends are on internet. Even that cable TV, which can be relaxing after a hard day of work, is 'dead' now. Ok, there was nothing else to do, I would wait one week more. When the next Tuesday came, again, there was no signs of any technician. I called back to Virgin to see what is happening. Needless to mention the exhausting half an hour or so waiting on the phone again, finally someone answered. I asked where is the technician? To which I was answered that the booking for technician to come was canceled again. By who? The adviser could not explain very clearly. However, she apologized and suggested I booked a new booking for the next week, Wednesday. I felt it was pointless to continue explaining or arguing to this adviser, as she was clearly just an ordinary worker doing her job. Te guilty people are somewhere there in the upper offices.

So, I was forced to wait a third week. When the next Wednesday was approaching, it was Tuesday, and I decided to call beforehand just to check the exact hour the technician will be arriving. Again it took about 20 minutes to contact anyone, just to be told again...sorry, the booking was canceled, and nobody is going to come on Wednesday, the next day. But we can book the technician for the next week, she said. Fourth week!!! Guess what? I waited the fourth week, until the next Wednesday. It was yesterday, the 27th of June. And nobody came again. And I called to the Virgin again, to ask what has happened this time. Th adviser responded after some half an hour of waiting on the phone. He told that the booking was... canceled again. Why? Because it appears that they (Virgin technical staff) checked the details of my booking and found that it was booked regarding the Virgin Media cable TV box failure, and because they checked it via online (somehow), they decided that it was ok. So they decided to cancel the booking.

Now that is a complete rubbish. Incredible. I can't believe all this that is happening. It is already beyond my ability to cope with my anger. Today, I called back to the Virgin Media. The adviser said he will book a technician for Monday, 2nd of July. But who can believe he would come? I don't anymore. On Monday it will be five weeks already. And very likely the service won't be repaired again. Today I am writing a complaint to Virgin Media, and if they won't take any action and compensations for the time lost, bills paid, and phone costs, I will do all my best to go to other institutions to proceed with my complaint. Even if to the court if the need be. I am appalled at the Virgin Media. the worst service ever. I have experienced similar difficulties with some other internet providers. But not to this extent. I am quiting it as soon as possible and will tell my story to all the people I meet on my way what intend to join Virgin. Don't do it.

• Us
    user1232600 Jul 23, 2008

### of to iraq you downs syndrome ###... fix the ### yourself...go to the green cab in the street smash the ### open and connect your cunting cable back up you ###ing lazy ### head...ohhh noo my tv has gone ! If i had my way I would just rape your rectum with a large cucumer then smash your cunting head through your ### 21"inch alba you saggy fagg!

• Us
    user1232600 Jul 23, 2008

I would like to aplogise for the previous comments made, im afraid i suffer with split personalitys, but seriously you should just smash the cunting cab open, or maybe you need a repull, or better still maybe you just need to ### offff back to that cunting hole you came from...ohh godd im sorry there it goes again!! I had better leave here now before i upset you anymore.

Once again apologies !

###ING DIRTY SMELLING CORNER SHOP OWNING 10PENCE A PACKET OF CRISP COLLECTING ###!

• Ca
    carl Apr 30, 2009

well i dont agree with what you say on here because thats never happend and virgin are a vry good company, they got a lot of stick with the change over from telewest / ntl but if you have a problem yeah sometimes you have to wait a week but if they cancled it off they have a priorty service or somthing so if they cancled it they wouldnt make you a second or even a third week, i understand its fustating to have to wait a week but you chat bull ### with what you say, get a life pal

Charging for no service!

At the beginning of the year, I applied to have at the time NTL installed at my home, after two attempts to install, the final straw came when, after yet another day off of work, I was told that the whole of the area, belonging to the council would need to be dug up over 100 yards. to install my cable, bearing in mind that I had already been told that we were able to receive this service, quickly and easily. Therefore obviously I said this was out of the question and I cancelled the agreement, as I was in my right to do, as I had not received any service what so ever form them.

After 2 weeks, I received a snotty telephone message from them advising me I had missed my installation callout, I have also received 3 bills, numerous bumph mail, and finally a debt agency are now chasing me for money I do not owe to these people.

Today I have received yet another letter the same as 3 weeks ago saying we are sorry to hear you are not happy, I know these are standard letters, but I have had enough, I have not and do not want anything from these people and want an apology for their incompetence.

• To
    Tom Oct 06, 2007

NTL all is forgiven!!!
    Here is a complaint I am forced to send to Virgin. Ive just pasted the whole letter rather than try to paraphrase, needless to say Ive never experienced anything as bad as this shambles masquerading as customer service. Its almost criminal. Im not expecting a reply or anyone to care, but occasionally someone acts with some competence and you inch forward.....an inch.

Dear Sir, After my recent experience dealing with virgin media these past 2 weeks and some of the comments I have read on a host of web sites, I suspect the chances of this email getting a response are slim to none. But I am optimistic as from my experience with around 10 different virgin employees these past 2 weeks 2 of them could actually be bothered to do their job and didnt tell me a pack of lies. Thats a 1 in 5 chance of not getting some incompetent useless liar. This is not an accusation. It's fact based on observation and experience. So here goes and heres hoping I get that 1 in 5. It began when I had money problems and was cut off from my broadband service 2 days before I was able to clear the balance. After paying the amount owed I called virgin to get my broadband put back on. I was assured reconnection would happen within 24 hours. I explained a friend in similar circumstances waited 10 days or more, I was told that was a one off and not the norm. 3 days later I was still not reconnected. I called to try and get this sorted but unfortunately got some arrogant employee who clearly couldnt be bothered. Perhaps his lunch break was approaching. His screen said reconnection had gone through, so.... that was thatm he wouldnt move from that standpoint and made no effort to investigate further. I tried explaining that being with NTL for 7 years I was well aware that a modem has various lights, and when the "ready" light is inactive it indicates a disabled connection to virgins hardware. Mentioning this simple fact to an engineer would validate what I was claiming was a truthful fact. He gave me the premium rate call centre number (Asia) nothing short of a phone scam and said goodbye, or bugger off basically. I called the number at an alleged 25p per minute with £3 approx of change. Instead of the expected 8+ minutes I got as far as giving half of my customer account number and then click. Money gone. This was an everyday BT public payphone. The call lasted 70 seconds if that. Disgusting. I then had to change a £10 note for £1 coins so as to guarantee I could relay Virgins mistake and get someone to really listen to what i was saying and try and resolve the matter without bias or pre-concieved notions of me being a broadband newcomer who needed to configure my computer correctly. Unfortunately they were no more helpful than the first guy in the UK, and were clearly more concerned with operating procedures and not deviating from what is clearly a well rehearsed script. They are totally rigid and inflexible and keeping their job rather than offering any real help seems to be the underling priority. Im not the only customer to pick up on this. Your connection is on Mr Keary is basically what I was told......AGAIN!! This was getting infuriating and over the course of the remaining days, right up to today, I was forced into calling the scam line many, many times at considerable expense. That money could have paid for my connection and literally put me months in advance credit. Bear in mind I was disconnected because of cash flow problems, so to then be forced into a situation of having to call a peak rate number which in reality charges much more than is advertised for what was an oversight on Virgins part left a very nasty taste and a large hole in my pocket. Each time I called that helpline I felt like I had just been mugged or scammed. 2 days ago I tried calling the 0845 454 1111 number. To my amazement I got an employee who could actually be bothered to do his job. What I was chasing from the start......some competence. He established the connection had not been reconnected as stated by at least 7 other employees and was at a loss to explain why I was getting told what things that were untrue. He informed me that some maintenance was being carried out on the network and that if I called back Sat(today) it would be a simple flick of a switch to correct Virgins oversight. Great! I now get confirmation of what I already knew, but most of the damage had been done, especially to my wallet, which is light at the best of times. I had been getting the runaround by lazy incompetent employees for almost 2 weeks. Saturday arrives (today) and I head to the payphone. I get through to an Asian man at approx 9:30 am. I explain the scenario and he says he cant be sure when my service will be re-enabled. He then commits himself to Sunday 10 pm and that if it is not on by then to call back the same day between the hours of 8.30 am - 12.00 am. That is no joke. He really said this. I then explained the hassle, the money, and the denial by virgin staff of being at fault and I felt that some sort of recompense was in order, due to the cost of all the Asian call centre calls. He replied with, "If you still have problems call technical support." It was like the guy was deficient in crucial areas (the brain) or like others before him just couldnt be bothered. I went home fuming. After a short time I thought to myself that the way employees respond to your problem is totally dependant on the character or lack of, of the person it is your pot luck to get landed with. With this in mind I headed back to the payphone to give it one last try to get some definitive answers or assistance and not just lip service. Bingo! I explained my situation to this particular employee, a lady. She assured me reconnection would happen in 24 hours possibly sooner and with some people a modem reboot sees the connection immediately come back on. I felt more hopeful this time. 2 weeks of endless call centre experiences, throwing £1 coins into the payphone like feeding monkeys peanuts at the zoo. I thanked her, and started to actually think the end of the futile calls to Virgin was close at hand, but I was also aware I had been told 24 hours some 2 weeks before, and here I was. Anyway I was immensely grateful for her just doing what she was paid to do. Her job. How sad a reflection is that of Virgins customer support. I read Virgin is getting more complaints because customers from Telewest and NTL are expecting much more from Virgin and I have to say, thats just tripe. In 7 years with NTL I never had to experience anything like this. Not even close. Waiting on the phone was the biggest NTL problem and they eventually sorted that out. Its sad but as bad as NTL were, Virgin is in a league of its own. It has been a thouroughly unpleasant experience, and got so frustrating at one point I wrote a letter the Friday night giving notice to Virgin I no longer wanted their service. Had the problem not been resolved today that letter would have been posted and I was calling Zen ADSL. Before I left the payphone I asked the virgin employee about my bill and would it be ammended to exclude charges for the days no service was available. She informed me that the bill would be halved approx to reflect this and the £5 surcharge fee would be waived. £5 for 2 weeks of incompetence, outright lies, insinuation of the incompetence being of my making, being blatantly fobbed off or get drawn into a pantomime of OH NO IT ISNT, OH YES IT IS, and to top it all, out of pocket by £30 or more through constantly being referred to an impotent call centre somewhere in Asia to try and convince them that the connection was categorically still not enabled, but I had no other options other than cancel my services or continue to follow all the shoddy advice given. I honestly thought that someone eventually would acknowledge that a dead "ready" light on the modem signifies the modem is not picking up an active connection to virgins internet infrastructure. It would have saved a lot of time, money and frustration if staff were trained to know what the modems lights are and what they indicate, as they can be used to pinpoint exactly who or what is at fault and these lights and the way they flash or flicker, or do not light up makes them essentially diagnostic lights. Anyway after all that I get the monthly £5 surcharge fee waived. To say I am insulted at being sent on an expensive wild goosechase and compensated to the tune of £5 is an understatement. I have been told by a friend not to expect a reply to this but am holding out hope I get a 1 in 5 employee. I would like to know if Virgin feel that to be fobbed off with £5 after going through all the crap I was put through is fair. Because I have to say I dont. Yours Sincerely Thomas keary

• Ge
    Gerard Griffiths Oct 29, 2007

I sympathize with your frustration but try this number rather than running up a phone bill. 0800 0730399. I called it and the guy was very apologetic to my problems and apologized and said he would re-credit my account within 2 days in full (£150). i had applied for full cable service and paid up front. engineer expected on the 29th September didnt show and I received no explanation, apology or any other contact from them. I cancelled within the 7 day distance selling window and wrote a letter to their head office and still heard nothing. I was expecting to have to threaten court action today but the guy was great and said an engineer had assessed the job 2 days before installation and decided it wasn't viable to lay an extra 30 meters of cable. Only prob was that nobody passed it on to me. The guy I spoke to today (English guy) also said that he will chase the manager in charge of informing me and get it acted on.

• Ge
    Gerard Griffiths Nov 01, 2007

Account credited in 2 days as promised - thinking of trying talk talk or Tiscali instead now. I was impressed with this guys ability to get things done and admitting they had messed up. Try calling this office - 0800 0730399. Good luck.

Horrible telephone service!

Last night (13th June 07) my telephone worked perfectly. Today it does not. After spending more than 15...

Absolutely appalling service!

I don't know where to start with this service. It is absolutely appalling. No-one that I have written to...

Regarding dead line

Re:

Ryan Pursey
Customer Loyalty & Resolutions Manager
Virgin Media
Matrix Court, Swansea SA7 9BB

In early April my telephone line was accidentally cut.

It took ten days for a technician to come to repair the line. When he did so he made a temporary repair and he claimed that another operative would call within the week to execute a permanent repair.

When eventually I rang Virgin Media they made another appointment for last Thursday 17th May. I explained that I was not going to be in on that particular day only to be told that it was not necessary for the technician to have access to the property since the phone line was external.

The phone was working perfectly except for the ten days the line was cut. When I returned last Thursday the line is completely dead. When I contacted Virgin Media on Friday 18th May, they said that the operative was not able to affect a repair since access to the property was not possible. But he did something to the external phone wire otherwise I would be able to receive phone calls as on the previous day.

They have now offered me May 29th as the only time another technician can come as they are short of staff.

Bearing in mind that the phone number concerned is a Church line there are a certain number of emergency calls in and out.

As if to add insult to injury I was offered