Having problems with Virgin Media?

Virgin Media reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 22, 2007. The latest review Awards winning was posted on Oct 24, 2020. The latest complaint No phone for over a week was resolved on Aug 17, 2014. Virgin Media has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 58 reviews. Virgin Media has resolved 16 complaints.

Virgin Media Customer Service Contacts

+44 345 454 1111 (Broadband, TV and Home Phone)
+44 345 600 0789 (Mobile and Mobile Broadband)
+44 345 141 0111 (Moving Home Enquiries)
+44 800 064 3820 (Buying or Upgrading)
270 & 280 Bartley Way, Bartley Wood Business Park

United Kingdom
Hammersmith, Griffin House, 161 Hammersmith Road, Hammersmith, London W6 8BS

Ireland
Block P2, Eastpoint Business Park, Dublin 3, DO3 W1X0

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Virgin Media Customer Service. Initial Virgin Media complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Virgin Media above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Virgin Media. Discuss the issues you have had with Virgin Media and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Virgin Media Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

Virgin MediaNot returning my money

On 23rd Nov 2007 i cancelled virgin media as moved home. Since then they sent me to the debt agency as they said i owed £55.03 which i called and paid as soon as i received this letter as i'm never in debt! They also charged me by direct debit an additional £55.00. It turns out it was there mistake... they will not return my money £110.03. I've called numerous times and they keep saying a cheque is in the post when i know they are fobbing me off.

The direct debit payment was came out form my ex's bank account (i paid him in cash) so i can't get it returned there. A letter they sent me on 18th December 2007 states it was there error and a cheque will be issued soon!!! I need that money back as im financial trouble and this is due to someone. Is there anything i can do? Please feel to contact me!

Kind regards
Caroline McMahon

• Dy
      dylan Oct 02, 2008

I HAVE BEEN INFORMED BY A VIRGIN MEDIA ADVISOR THAT IN THIS YEAR THEY HAVE CANCELLED TENS OF THOUSANDS OF CUSTOMERS DIRECT DEBITS IN ORDER TO CHARGE THEM ADMINISTRATION CHARGES UNKNOWN TO THEM.

THERE REASON AND WAY OF HIDING THIS WAS BY CLAIMING TO COMBINING BILLS. YOU WOULD NOW RECIEVE A PAPER BILL WITH A £5 ADMINISTRATION CHARGE...

TENS OF THOUSANDS X £5 = A LOT OF OUR MONEY = NATIONAL SCAM

HERE IS HOW I FOUND OUT

MY LETTER
      I am absolutley disgusted in the way i have been spoke to and the way i have been treated, After being a loyal customer for 3 years it is an absolute disgrace, also the infomation that one of your advisors has given has caused utter disbelief in such a big company . I was advised that you cancelled tens of thousands of customers direct debits in order to make more money by charging them administration fees for paper bills. It is totally disgusting, Over the past two weeks i have spent hours on end talking to people who dont seem to understand or speak a word of english yet they can call me a liar.

Like i said i have been a loyal customer for over 3 years, For the first two years i was just using your broadband middle for £18 last september i was contacted by a member of your sales staff who informed me for a 12 month period of a special offer of £2 only i would recieve a phone line with talk unlimited to any landline 01 - or 02 number, Yes thats correct so i would only pay £20 in total for the two services. I agreed- A month later i recieve two bills one for the internet and one for the phone, Yet the phone wasnt £2 it was £11 and they had decided to charge me £7 for the talk unlimited, I phoned and they said they would sort it out, Instead i never heard anything, a month passed, another month passed, then i recieved a threatening letter, It claimed i owed in the region of £100, This was very distessing to me as i had always paid my bill by direct debit and had never missed a payment. Anyway after another couple of hours on the phone we realised that VIRGIN MEDIA had combined both bills and unknown to me they had cancelled my direct debit. I wasnt once informed of these changes. I was also informed that the charges included £10 administration charges because i wasnt paying by direct debit, This really annoyed me as my original contract was direct debit and it was you VIRGIN MEDIA that had cancelled it so how could charge me administration fees, Then i get told £30 is 3 late payment charges, Again this is totaly disgusting as i had never missed a payment, i pressumed the money was coming out by direct debit-one that VIRGIN MEDIA cancelled. So after another hour on the phone i reluctenly pay it on my card and we agree to reset up the direct debit...everythings sorted
      3 months pass guess what i recieve another threatening letter, this time sayin g the same thing i havent paid, administration charges, and late payment charges. This now cases me great stress i am absolutly raging another couple of hours on the phone talking to people who dont listen and dont understand, after 2 hours they realise they tried taking the money out of somebody elses account so they once again cancelled the direct debits. This is a joke an absolut joke, they appologise (ha ha ha ) And again i make a payment on my card, this time i say i dont want direct debit, just send me an invoice, they agree...

3 months later...i dont believe this another threatening letter, Is this some kind of sick joke are you really this ignorant, very annoyed i ring virgin straight away, I am put on the phone to an asian speaking man claiming his name is cyril daz, I ask him to spell his name he repeats CYRIL DAZ after about an hour of yet another aggonizing conversation of trying to explain to yet another VIRGIN MEDIA CA He calls me a liar, I say i beg your pardon he explains i am a liar as i am claiming i havent recieved a bill and he can clearley see i have been sent three bills, As he has called me a liar this totaly rages me, this is disgusting how dare he call me a liar, after another 20 minutes of me and him arguing he realises something on his screen that infact i was correct as no bills had been sent because Ebilling had been set up and they had sent the bills to an unused email address, it turns out that when i was last on the phone 3 months prior the woman had set up EBILLING, i vagely remember her explaining it to me but she convinced me my card would be charged automatically- after she took my registered email address and password without my knowlegde or permission she had set up EBILLING cyrill daz was now appologising for calling me a liar he said he was under great stress and he hated the way virgin treated people and that i was being scammed, This is the best bit.

He actually told me that virgin media had cancelled tens of thousands of virgimedias customers direct debits in order for them to be able to charge administration fees.

This is the icing on the cake i am totaly disgusted, i feel sick, you mean to say i am part of a national scam against VIRGIN MEDIAS customers, This is just too much, I phone up to sort out your mess and your troubles and stresses you have caused me and i get this infomation. I demand to speak to his supervisor he then strats appologising and saying no please, I speak to his supervisor who is not interested one bit in a word his colleage had said he couldnt understand what he had done and said that was so wrong, It was like he just couldnt understand how those comments would make me so angry he was more intersted in me making a payment, I demand to speak to a manager, A woman comes to the phone who again is not interested, she appologises for her staffs behaviour but insists i make a payment or i will be swithed off. Over the next few days i am contacted by virgin media staff hounding me, i have spent hours on the phone explaining the same thing over and over and it seems like there is one big communication fault inside VIRGIN MEDIA . I am disgusted.

Anyway after the phone call i decide to visit online forums to ask if anybody had been treated the same, to my amazement it seemed CYRIL daz was correct round about march virgin media had canncelled thousands of peoples direct debits and are now charging them money for administration fees, I couldnt believe it, How disgusted our we now,

I have contacted Ofcom, Trading standars and i have spoken to media and currently awaiting to make an interview with the national press this week, I have been contacted by THE SUN-THE MIRROR-THE STAR all who are more than interested for this story. i hav had to go this far as not once where you interested, i am now awaiting to see how long you take to sort this mess out.
      also i would be very grateful to know what you intend to do about...

Charging me administration fees after you cancelled my direct debit.

charging me late payment fees after you cnever sent me any infomation regarding tpayments.

How i ring to complain and i am accused of being a liar.

How you can charge me administration fees for bills you never sent to my house but sent by em, ail.

i await your call

Virginmedia — Bad experience!

All was fine until I changed computer. Suddenly I could no longer get my pc guard antivirus free with...

Virgin Media L Size Broad Bandlies from sales department, and jokes with customer service and at the end, you've lost 12 pounds phoning them, and well took the piss of you.

Here is my story! (And the mail I sent to several customer services of virgin... Without any answer...)
    Virgin is pretending to listen to you, but at the end, it's just lies. Several times I heard "alright, I understand your situation, i'm paying back this and this fee, is there anything else I can do?" and phoning the day after, I always realised nothing have been paid back at all. So please, stop calling yourself "the best customer service in uk" or stop saying "where are listening to you to provide the best services". It's all rubbish.

Enjoy:

Alright, I don't know where to start.
    Let's start from the beginning!

We are living in edinburgh and we bought a l size package from one of your collegues. So that's 17 gbp (Great british pound) a months. And he asked us to give 35 gbp on the day of the signature, as it would guarantee for them the guarantee that we take the line, and for us, it wouldn't be anything more than using those 35 gbp to pay 2 months in advance. So didn't have anything against that.
    So here is what he said: you agreed to take the l size package, and which payment are you choosing?"we said"we don't want the direct debit for the moment"
    So he replied"okay, so it'll cost you 17 gbp per months, and i'll take 35 gbp by cash right now, which for you means that on the first month you'll pay 0, second month you'll pay 0 again, and on the 3rd month, you'll pay 17-1=16 gbp and then the month after will be 17 gbp, as normal"that was his own words.

So listening to him and specially his resume of what we would clearly have to pay (We are all students, so that probably the most important point) we clearly understood that there were no charges for installation, and that the payment by cash won't cost us more.
    Then we were really interest as the price was okay for us and there were no installation charges. Then we said that we will connect through the wireless, so he told us"we have a promotion right now, and you'll have a free wireless routeur!". My flatmate said"yeah but I checked on the internet this morining and nothing was written about this free routeur."he replied"yes, I know this isn't written on the website, but it's a promotion we do have".

So we took the line, regarding that there were no charge for installation, payment by cash without any extra fee, and a free wireless routeur.
    After the installation, we didn't have our free routeur, so I phoned the person who sold us the line, and he told me that when he told us about the wireless routeur fo free, he was completely confused because he thought they had this promotion, but they actually didn't have it. So he said"alright, i'm sorry it was my mistake, just go and get the cheapest wireless routeur in a shop, tell me the price, and i'll pay you back as a credit of the value of the routeur. That way, you'll have a routeur you won't have to pay, as I offered you on the day we met, sorry again for my mistake."
    So at this point, everything was so fine for us.

Then we did few shops and found the cheapest wireless routeur for the lowest quality. 34 gbp. So I was supposed to text the person who sold us the line, the exact price for the routeur, that he 'll pay it back on the virgin bill.
    I went on holidays for over one month and my flatmates prefered to let the problems for myself when i'll come back.

So coming back what are the problems on the first bill:

30 gbp for installation charge which was supposed to be free
    5 gbp extra on each bill for paying by cash.

I understand those fees are normal, but we bought the internet line from virgin specially because it has been sold to us as no installation charge on no charge for payment by cash. So I wonder what'll be the surprise of tomorrow, which"normal"fee for you are we going to discover again??
    The person who sold us the line isn't picking up the phone, as i'm trying to tell him the price of the wireless routeur we are supposed to have paid back, and to ask him what the hell is going on with all of those fees. So I phoned last week the million of hotline that are supposed to be here to help us, I had to explain my story to about 6 people, giving my full details 6 times too, to talk with someone who told me that there is nothing he can do at his level, and I have to get in touch with the person who sold us the line, as this person is the one (Or his supervisor) that can do something. But he also sent an email explaining my story to the person who sold us the line (The person who sold us the line is m*, so from now i'll use his first name to stop using"the person who sold us the line") and that I should phone m* the week after, as he is not working this week.

In between (This morning) I received another bill from virgin. This bill charges us 5 pounds more for not paying it by cash + 10 gbp for late payment of the last bill (Bill that, as I explained you, was not supposed to exist).
    So, as advised, I phoned m* about 20times during the day, letting him 2 vocal messages after the"hi it's m* from virgin media, please let a phone number, and i'll get back to you..."begging him to phone me back to have the situation cleared.
    Then I phoned the sales department, the customer service, the billing service... And a total of 9different service ad people, before finalyy being in touch with someone that can do something for me.
    After listening carefully the begining of my troubles, this person (a man that I ignore the name) said"alright, so for the 30pounds for the installation charge, what I can do is i'll credit them back on your account, is that okay for you?"that was exactly brilliant for me as it is the thing i'm looking to get for ages.
    Okay problem one is successfully solved in 3 minutes, after someone who can do something is listening with attention and trying to give the best of virgin services.
    Then I told him about my next problem (Charges for payment by cash) and he said that he'd like to get in touch with mickael, who apparently managed this sale in a quite incredible way... So he told me"alright, i'll give a call to him or his supervisor, and i'll call you back in less than 10minutes". I agreed and waited 10 mintes... Then 20... Then 30... Then 1 hour, then finally over one hour and a half when I decided to phone back this person to finish to solve my problem.
    But after talking to 10different people in 10 different services, I was completely confused who to ask for. So I phoned the sales department who sent me to the billing department and then I spoke to a woman, and I asked her to pass me on the phone the last person I was talking to 2hours ago, if it's an information she has on my records. She said that she can see who I was talking to, but she didn't want to give me his name or his number but she said she is emailing him to ask him to call me back asap. Then my problems weren't fixed yet so after hearing my story, she said okay"for the 2 times 5 gbp you have been charged for payment by cash instead of payment by direct debit, apparently you weren't aware of those fee so I agree to pay you those fee back but from nom you are aware of them so you'll have to pay them or use a direct debit". I agreed with what she said and she had"butabout 30 gbp paid back on your virgin account because m* told you it was free... The person you were in touch with didn't do anything even if you told this person guarantee you he did the opposite...

That's all.
    I'm completely powerless regarding the energy I have to spend for something which sounds like an easy problem for me. M* said just anything to us to make us buy the broadband from virgin, and he over passed the normal offers, offering us a fre routeur, no charge for pyament by cash and a free installation. He said things that we want him to respect, because right now we feel abused and stolen by him, so by virgin.

After spending about 3hours on the phone, 12 pounds on credit phone (Virgin phone by the way...), talking to 15people in two days, explaining 15times my problems and giving 15 times my details (Name, address, client number, postcode, password, flat number...) my problems are still not solved that's why i'm emailing now, hoping it's going to work this time.

To resume the situation, here are my details:
    Name
    Address
    Eh* edinburgh
    Area ref 11
    Account number *

Here is the tricky seller: m* 07*

And here are what i'm really expecting you to pay back:
    35 gbp (30 of installation charge+5 of cash payment) because the internet broadband has been clearly sold as free of installation charge and no difference between direct debit and cash payment
    10 gbp for late payment of a bill we should never have received, regarding the engagement we signed for.
    5 gbp (For the bill by cash I received this morning, same reason, no charge was supposed to be applied on)
    34 gbp for the free wireless routeur we were supposed to get paid back.

84 gbp is the total of the complain (Check on our record because 10 gbp (2times 5gbp) are "supposed" to be already paid back, so the total might be 74 gbp)

For us it means at this very time, we've been told that our bill will be exactly 16 pounds (As the 3rd bill in fact, but the first bill after the 35gbp paid in advance for the first two months) and it is actually 66 gbp... Huge difference for students who have been used by a m* that sold lies.
    I don't know if he meant to lead the sale in such a way, but the result is that he did.

Thank you for your understanding and for the time you took to read my anger, and I do hope you'll reply to me and meet my expectations.
    My expectations are just to pay what virgin (In the person of m*) engaged to provide us at the price we bought the broadband for.

You can phone me on 07*, but i'd prefer an answer by email, as I will know who exactly i'm talking to.
    Thank you.

carole ellis Sep 30, 2009

I have Virgin phone and L broadband... Broadband started of at £19.00 now it is £25.00! My phone calls amount to about £4.00 - but I have to pay £11.00 line rental. Oh I forgot to mention I have £8.00 rebate...? and on top of that £28-00 SERVICE CHARGE - WHY AND FOR WHAT.
        And that is every month.. The broadband speed is not that brilliant either.. I am looking elsewhere now for a better deal.

• On
        Onya Sep 11, 2009

I was also lied to by Virgin Sales and have been as successful as you in getting the problem resolved.

I was cold called by Virgin who had an amazing offer for the broadband, tv & phone package. At that time I was perfectly happy with the service I was getting from Sky but I was offered a better, cheaper package by Virgin and of course I could get rid of the dish off the side of the house.

At the end of the call the virgin guy advised that the contract that I would get would not detail the promotional costs but the normal costs but not to worry the bills would reflect the promotion.

Yeh - right. I thought who does the bozo think that I am that I would be signing a contract which had different details to that promised.

Nonetheless, the contract duly arrived and it actually said on it that it did not reflect what was agreed re : special promotions. Now I am a naturally sceptical person and thought that this was particularly odd but hey this was Virgin - a reputable company - and they were actually acknowledging what the salesman had said on the contract.

So I signed (now you know who the bozo is !!!)

You know it. The service is as good as Sky BUT my phone calls are more expensive, my broadband is more expensive and even without movies (which I had with Sky) my TV is more expensive.

This has been a really expensive mistake for me and to revert to Sky would incur further costs (not only did I remove the dish but I stripped out the BT lines).

I have now spoken to about 12 people at Virgin all of whom have given me the same script (you seem to have been totally deceived by our salesman) and have promised to get back to me. Only one ever has and that was to tell me that they could see no evidence of misselling on their record of the sale (I guess they were expecting the salesman to record that he had lied to me !!).

Given the oddness of the contract not reflecting the promotions I can only believe that either Virgin (as a business) are purposely misleading their customers at point of sale or at very least are giving their salesmen the opportunity to do so. Why else would they have such a contract.

I will be writing again to Virgin monday coming and if I do not get a favorable reply this time I will be taking them to court. I am retired and have plenty of time to chase them.

Virgin Media — Terrible scam!

What can I say! DO NOT GET YOUR DIGITAL TV WITH THIS COMPANY! Catalog of complaints:- *Box Hardly ever Work...

Virgin MediaDamage to property on installation!

Engineer damaged surrounding window upon installation. Have been trying since 6th September 2007, to rectify this. Have made 3 verbal complaints, plus 2 written letters. This also involved the installation and the equipment not working since this date. I have been billed for something that could not be used. I no longer want this service and have been trying for some time to get someone to visit.

I am 63 years old and now my name has gone to Debt Recovery Agency, even though I was informed that my bills would be put on hold until the equipment was rectified.

• La
          Laurie Pocock Feb 06, 2009

I have had an appalling experience with Virgin Media.

* During the installation by the sub-contractor team that arrived in the late afternoon/early evening on 24 October 2008 it became job was not being completed to a professional standard. The cabling to the telephone and computer in the ground floor dining room was being led through the hall and around the doorway (in such a way to prevent us being able to close the dining room door), this is now evidently a safety risk as well as being unsightly. Despite our requests to correct the work, the contractors informed us “that there is no alternative” to the way ithe cabling was being completed, this also included running cable over the fireplace in the lounge The contractors then informed us that they had connected us to the TV and broadband services and that this would come on in 15 minutes and they left the house. We were not aware that they were leaving us at that point, as they did not confirm the job was fininshed or gave us anything to sign on completion.
          * In fact, the only service that worked properly was the phone line, our son in law who came round to our house afterwards was appaled at the standard of work and pointed out how they could have easily gone round the outside of the house instead of through our halls doorways and over the fireplace. We then noticed that the contractors had obviously come in to the property without washing as there were dirty hand prints on the walls which had been painted with unwashable paint. We also noticed that some cash had gome missing (approx £70) from my wallett. This has since been the subject of a police complaint and though they reported back to me was insufficient evidence to arrest the men, no investigation was conducted internally as promised-
          * I then phoned their office to complain and to request that the work be inspected and corrected. I was assured ther would be no charge for the TV and broadband services in the meantime. I had been assured that the area manager would come round the mext Saturday but he failed to show up. After various conversations I managed to speak to someone in their complaints team who did try to get through to his manager but had to admit he found it difficult to contact him despite leaving messages for him. A date was agreed in November for a visit, for which I had to take a leave day from work but again no one turned up. A further date was arranged but instead of the manager someone known as "Super Mick" came to say he was being called in to re-connect us and re-do the cabling. I told him I had been expecting his manager as I felt that compensation was owing to us for both the cost of re-painting the stained walls and the time lost to me from my leave and the general disturbance and stress caused. He replied he had no authority to agree compensation which he agreed was owing and he further agreed the cabling was a sloppy job. He would report back to his manager. In the meantime, I had raised another complaint through another complaint because I had not heard from this manager. To be fair, she was obviously concerned at the whole situation and said she would contact his manager.
          * Eventually, On 19 December the deputy area manager came to our house I showed him the photographs we had taken in relation to the dirty walls, which had now been painted and he saw for himself and agreed that the cabling work was done in a completely unprofessional way and incorrectly routed. He said he would report back to the area confirming the situation and that she would come back to me with a fair offer. This, however did not happen and the deputy manager went on leave soon afterwards.
          * I then raised another complaint, on his return from Christmas leave I phoned him again and he assured me the area manager would come back to me, but again she did not. I then spoke to anoter complaint mnager who confirmed she had spoken to the area manager who now requested I write a letter and enclose photographs, and reciept for the painting work. Saying the deputy was wrong to indicate the matter could be resolved without me posting evidence as he had seen it. He also stated that any charges for the TV and broadband services would not be payable until my outstanding dispute in relation to the installation was resolved. I have now had a bill for these services. I am currently arguing witgh Virgin media regarding this, but intend to take such action as may be required through the small claims court.

This complany is the worst organisation that I have ever dealt with in my life, there is no co-ordination between their teams or within their teams. They seem to have untrained installers who are sub-contractors working for a firm called Kellys.

Stay clear and never get involved with them.

Virgin Media — Poor service!

This has been a catalogue of problems ! For three week during September I was without my landline , after 45...

Virgin MediaAsian call centre is a scam!

NTL all is forgiven!!!

Dear Sir, After my recent experience dealing with virgin media these past 2 weeks and some of the comments I have read on a host of web sites, I suspect the chances of this email getting a response are slim to none. But I am optimistic as from my experience with around 10 different virgin employees these past 2 weeks 2 of them could actually be bothered to do their job and didnt tell me a pack of lies. Thats a 1 in 5 chance of not getting some incompetent useless liar. This is not an accusation. It's fact based on observation and experience. So here goes and heres hoping I get that 1 in 5. It began when I had money problems and was cut off from my broadband service 2 days before I was able to clear the balance. After paying the amount owed I called virgin to get my broadband put back on. I was assured reconnection would happen within 24 hours. I explained a friend in similar circumstances waited 10 days or more, I was told that was a one off and not the norm. 3 days later I was still not reconnected. I called to try and get this sorted but unfortunately got some arrogant employee who clearly couldn't be bothered. Perhaps his lunch break was approaching. His screen said reconnection had gone through, so.... that was that he wouldnt move from that standpoint and made no effort to investigate further. I tried explaining that being with NTL for 7 years I was well aware that a modem has various lights, and when the "ready" light is inactive it indicates a disabled connection to virgins hardware. Mentioning this simple fact to an engineer would validate what I was claiming was a truthful fact. He gave me the premium rate call centre number (Asia) nothing short of a phone scam and said goodbye, or bugger off basically. I called the number at an alleged 25p per minute with £3 approx of change. Instead of the expected 8+ minutes I got as far as giving half of my customer account number and then click. Money gone. This was an everyday BT public payphone. The call lasted 70 seconds if that. Disgusting. I then had to change a £10 note for £1 coins so as to guarantee I could relay Virgins mistake and get someone to really listen to what i was saying and try and resolve the matter without bias or pre-concieved notions of me being a broadband newcomer who needed to configure my computer correctly. Unfortunately they were no more helpful than the first guy in the UK, and were clearly more concerned with operating procedures and not deviating from what is clearly a well rehearsed script. They are totally rigid and inflexible and keeping their job rather than offering any real help seems to be the underling priority. Im not the only customer to pick up on this. Your connection is on Mr Keary is basically what I was told... AGAIN!! This was getting infuriating and over the course of the remaining days, right up to today, I was forced into calling the scam line many, many times at considerable expense. That money could have paid for my connection and literally put me months in advance credit. Bear in mind I was disconnected because of cash flow problems, so to then be forced into a situation of having to call a peak rate number which in reality charges much more than is advertised for what was an oversight on Virgins part left a very nasty taste and a large hole in my pocket. Each time I called that helpline I felt like I had just been mugged or scammed. 2 days ago I tried calling the [protected] number. To my amazement I got an employee who could actually be bothered to do his job. What I was chasing from the start... some competence. He established the connection had not been reconnected as stated by at least 7 other employees and was at a loss to explain why I was getting told what things that were untrue. He informed me that some maintenance was being carried out on the network and that if I called back Sat(today) it would be a simple flick of a switch to correct Virgins oversight. Great! I now get confirmation of what I already knew, but most of the damage had been done, especially to my wallet, which is light at the best of times. I had been getting the runaround by lazy incompetent employees for almost 2 weeks. Saturday arrives (today) and I head to the payphone. I get through to an Asian man at approx 9:30 am. I explain the scenario and he says he cant be sure when my service will be re-enabled. He then commits himself to Sunday 10 pm and that if it is not on by then to call back the same day between the hours of 8.30 am - 12.00 am. That is no joke. He really said this. I then explained the hassle, the money, and the denial by virgin staff of being at fault and I felt that some sort of recompense was in order, due to the cost of all the Asian call centre calls. He replied with, "If you still have problems call technical support." It was like the guy was deficient in crucial areas (the brain) or like others before him just couldnt be bothered. I went home fuming. After a short time I thought to myself that the way employees respond to your problem is totally dependent on the character or lack of, of the person it is your pot luck to get landed with. With this in mind I headed back to the payphone to give it one last try to get some definitive answers or assistance and not just lip service. Bingo! I explained my situation to this particular employee, a lady. She assured me reconnection would happen in 24 hours possibly sooner and with some people a modem reboot sees the connection immediately come back on. I felt more hopeful this time. 2 weeks of endless call centre experiences, throwing £1 coins into the payphone like feeding monkeys peanuts at the zoo. I thanked her, and started to actually think the end of the futile calls to Virgin was close at hand, but I was also aware I had been told 24 hours some 2 weeks before, and here I was. Anyway I was immensely grateful for her just doing what she was paid to do. Her job. How sad a reflection is that of Virgins customer support. I read Virgin is getting more complaints because customers from Telewest and NTL are expecting much more from Virgin and I have to say, thats just tripe. In 7 years with NTL I never had to experience anything like this. Not even close. Waiting on the phone was the biggest NTL problem and they eventually sorted that out. Its sad but as bad as NTL were, Virgin is in a league of its own. It has been a thouroughly unpleasant experience, and got so frustrating at one point I wrote a letter the Friday night giving notice to Virgin I no longer wanted their service. Had the problem not been resolved today that letter would have been posted and I was calling Zen ADSL. Before I left the payphone I asked the virgin employee about my bill and would it be ammended to exclude charges for the days no service was available. She informed me that the bill would be halved approx to reflect this and the £5 surcharge fee would be waived. £5 for 2 weeks of incompetence, outright lies, insinuation of the incompetence being of my making, being blatantly fobbed off or get drawn into a pantomime of OH NO IT ISNT, OH YES IT IS, and to top it all, out of pocket by £30 or more through constantly being referred to an impotent call centre somewhere in Asia to try and convince them that the connection was categorically still not enabled, but I had no other options other than cancel my services or continue to follow all the shoddy advice given. I honestly thought that someone eventually would acknowledge that a dead "ready" light on the modem signifies the modem is not picking up an active connection to virgins internet infrastructure. It would have saved a lot of time, money and frustration if staff were trained to know what the modems lights are and what they indicate, as they can be used to pinpoint exactly who or what is at fault and these lights and the way they flash or flicker, or do not light up makes them essentially diagnostic lights. Anyway after all that I get the monthly £5 surcharge fee waived. To say I am insulted at being sent on an expensive wild goosechase and compensated to the tune of £5 is an understatement. I have been told by a friend not to expect a reply to this but am holding out hope I get a 1 in 5 employee. I would like to know if Virgin feel that to be fobbed off with £5 after going through all the crap I was put through is fair. Because I have to say I dont. Yours Sincerely Thomas keary

Mr A Cotton Jun 10, 2008

I agree with everything the gentleman said, we should all get together and write a book, or make a film, of coarse it would be a HORROR THRILLER. I have tried to get help through consumer advice, then trading standards. They wrang Virgin Media up, but guess what, they just went along with what Virgin Media said, that i had to contact Virgin Media by phone.The only trouble is i only have a mobile and this has been going on since October 2007. As soon as i put £10 on it and tried to sort things out, i ran out of money, and as you can imagine i didn`t keep this up for very long.Buy the way my my problem was INVALID EMAIL, USER NAME, AND PASSWORD, and still is. A friend told me about hotmail hence this email. I could go on and on, LETTER`S PHONE CALLS, AND EMAILS I HAVE HAD OFF VIRGIN MEDIA. I stumbled across this complaint board when i was looking at the terms&condition`s legal jargon of virgin media, and looking at the post office site for phone and internet servici`es. The time is 5.03 morning. I makes me feel more angry, after reading some of the letter`s, like the gentleman said this has had me right on the bottom, and how i wonder how many people their are, hundreds prob`ably. This firm seems to be fallen apart, and the people incharge know what`s going on, but as long as the money keeps going in some bodies back pocket, they are not bothered until we hear about it on the New`s To tell you the truth i am surprised it has not been headline breaking New`s Anyway i am deter`mined to get away from this so called company from HELL. YOUR`S SINC`ERELY Mr A COTTON.

• Mi
            missyanna Mar 28, 2008

Hi, I came across this letter when I was looking up the address of my office...at virgin media! I, like many others, haven't been working there long (the turnover appears to be very high) and am employed via an agency. Now I certainly don't see my temporary position here as long term, but I am one of the few 1 in 5 employees. I have had lots of customer service experience and can honestly say that I have never worked anywhere that delivered such poor service. (and that's saying something in the uk!...businesses nowadays only care about getting new customers to keep the share holders happy, and it appears that losing existing customers is a much lower priority. Now although I have never owned or managed a business, being the logical thinker that I am, I would think that providing a good service (for example carrying out the many promises made to customers!) would mean that customers would be loyal and would spend a good sum of money for many years to come and would in turn recommend the service to their friends. This would creat continual business, both new and existing, and would therefore make the company lots of money...surely that would also make the share holders happy??...and of course the customers would be happy also! (unless they died of shock when they asked for something to be fixed/installed etc and it was actually done!!)

I can completely understand why customers get so frustrated (some have even been brought to tears!), and when I speak to customers who have been through weeks or even months or bad service, no service and lots of chasing things up at their expense, I endevour to help them as much as I can. To be honest I'm not that hot on the technical side of things, but I'll offer to take all of the customers questions and then investigate the issues and call them back...which often comes as a suprise to them as when many virgin employees say theyll call you back...they don't. I'm also different from a large number of employees in that i'm honest. If I don't know something, I'll say I don't know and will either find out of answer, or point them in the direction of the appropriate department. Now a lot of the time the messenger gets shot, and if when another virgin employee (from one of the hundreds of departments around the country...is gets vert confusing, even for the staff! everyone just passes the buck, saying its not their department!) promises that he is going to call the customer, that's what I tell the customer! I then get understandably frustrated customers calling me again (as i have been the most helpful out of the 20 other employees they have spoken with about the same issue!!) I often get shouted at, but I let the customer talk everything out (I've heard some employees continually interupting customers, and then raising their voice and even get argumentative! After the call they then go on to ### about it with the people around them!) But some customers can be really abusive. I'm on a temp's wages (i.e. not very much!), and to be screamed and shouted at for something that isn't your fault when you are actully trying to help isn't particularly nice!! all in a days work eh?! But in all fareness, I've got to say I'm good at my job, and like so many companies although I rarely get praise for giving a good service by managers (but they are quick to pick you up on certain issues!) However I go into work and perform to my own work ethic and I get my praise from the individuals I have helped along the way.

Anyway, I thought you'd appreciate a little insite into the crazy world of virgin media! let's hope you get through to me next time you call!!! ...and no, I won't leave my number!!! :-)

norman baker Nov 21, 2007

This poor person like many thousands of others has been subjected to horrendous treatment by Virgin Media.If any one ever tells me that Richard Branson runs well run companies that offer value for money I will throw a fit. I will never buy anything with the Virgin name. WHY CAN NOTHING BE DONE WITH TERRIBLE COMPANIES LIKE THIS.

www.VirginMedia.co.uk — Poor service!

It was impossible for me to change broadband/ phone provider! Or it was until the mobile inventions came on...

Virgin MediaFraud and cheating!

I recently phoned the free phone number in order to find out why virgin had been overcharging me for 4 months when I eventually got an adviser they explained there had been a mistake and he would refund the charges in my next bill, he then advised me that I should have the large tv bundle as they no longer do the medium one, we discussed possible changes but I never agreed to anything. 2 days later I get a letter from Virgin thanking me for taking up a new 12m contract (fuming), I phoned to cancel all services and was left on a machine for 39 minutes, I then hung up but will be cancel via letter!

Kesi Jan 21, 2014

In 2012/2013 signed a contract with virgin media for internet broadband but I can only say their services are the WORST I have ever subscribed to. Every time, I had a problem with my internet I would call them and then they would say I would be charged to resolve the problem. Not until I would insist that the problem was theirs so they should honour it. For example, sometimes I would have technical problems with a router, signal failure and so on. Very often when I called them no one seemed to take responsibility of my queries only to be transferred from one department to another, put on hold for long times and in some cases they would hung up on me.

In the middle of my contract Virgin media decided to increase my monthly payments without even letting me know about it. I only found out when my bank statements came to my address. I called them and wanted to cancel the contract but they quoted me a figure which was unreasonably so high.
              I decided to wait until the end of my contract. As if that was not enough, at the end of my contract they sent me bill which was three times my monthly payment. So I called them again to explain to me why I have to pay all these hidden charges but one of them told me that these figures are generated by computer systems and would not comment on them any further. I deeply regretted why I used Virgin Media.

Unlike for financial institutions where one can complain to financial ombudsman, telecommunication companies get away with all unsatisfactory experiences of their customers that not only cause financial distress to them, but also end up negatively impacting their credit worthiness.

Anna Jul 20, 2008

I could not agree more! In February 2008 I ordered Virgin broadband which was supposed to be installed within 10 days. When I called to inquire the engineer's visit the person informed me that actually it will be around 3 weeks or more as there is no engineer available in my area. I am sharing a house with friends who are studying and need to use the internet frequently. I discussed it with them and we decided to cancel the order and switch to BT ( internet in 3 days). At this point I thought that everything was right. As you read in Virgin terms and conditions you can cancel the service up to two weeks after the INSTALLATION. I cancelled few days after ordering so nothing ever was installed, I have never received a router, there was no engineer, I have not used a single byte of Virgin broadband but to my surprise my account WAS DEBITED £18 for NOTHING!!! I was happy to cancel the direct debit ( I even received the letter from Virgin media asking why - WHAT A MESS!!!) but initial payment was already taken. It was a theft as I paid for something I never used. I started calling Virgin media and bank ( spending around 45 min to get through).
              Virging media advised me that I should fill in Indemnity Claim and money will be transferred within few days back into my account. When I called the bank they did not know about the form, wanted the details of the Virgin media customer advisor. I called Virgin media but they said they cannot provide any personal details or extension numbers. Eventually I went to bank in person on 22nd of MAY 2008 where the customer service person called Virgin media on my behalf ( not to mention that he could not find Indemnity Claim in the bank intranet either!!! but at least tried to be helpful). I occurred that filling the form does not result in a few days' waiting time. In this case I agreed with the Virgin media customer service person that I will be sent a cheque within 28 DAYS. She used this language from customer service courses that makes me sick "Yes, I agree. Yes, it was not correct. I am really sorry (REALLY?). It will be sorted shortly (WILL IT?), etc". IT IS 20th of JULY (TWO MONTHS!!!) and I have not seen my money...It has been FIVE MONTHS. Now I know how they make a profit. Stealing. Many people give up all the hassle of chasing £18 but I will not. Just because I do not like to be ripped off. NEVER SIGN A DIRECT DEBIT WITH VIRGIN!

• Je
              Jennifer Lim Nov 02, 2007

Strongly agree with you. Worst service ever!

Mr Mann Patel Sep 10, 2007

If you are looking for broadband, tv, phone & mobile??? Definitely VIRGIN is not the place to go. They claim to be cheaper than any other provider but as prices, their services is cheaper than anything.

If you got problem while with virgin?? then it is big problem because they have no one to look after customers problems, what a shame!!! You will go everywhere with your problem but you won't get solution, that's FACT. Customer care staff, supervisor, manager, installer and all, they are getting well paid for their job which they suppose to do but no one cares really.

It's like too many chefs in kitchen makes cooking worst!!! same they making ''Virgin'' a total shamble... looser. In short, do not even think to join virgin. better to pay bit more & get hassle free services.

Why I'm giving advise?? Because I have personal experience and would not want any one to go where I've been through, it's hell.

Virgin MediaDead land line phone!

I got back from holiday on August 15th to find my land line phone dead. I notified Virgin Media on August 16th. After two technician's visits and nearly three weeks later the line is still not working, and no one at Virgin Media can give me a date when it might be. I'm a pensioner and I've had to buy a pay-as-you-go mobile in case of emergencies.

It's my impression that since VM took over telewest the standards of service and 'Customer Care' have collapsed.

Virgin MediaThey don't have long ladder to install on 1st, 2nd floor

Sounds funny but it's true,

This company do not have their long ladder so beware if you live on first or second floor, Absolutely horrible service & they claimed to be No 1 who voted them???

I tried calling after calling on day of installation and all time new person but same old ###, & they recommend you to take DAY OFF to be there for installation (Never Do that), first thing although they give you time period they never come on time, some cases early & some cases never turn up...

On day of installation, guy from virgin media came 5hrs early, look around and found he needs long ladder... he went to find one but never came back. On other side I spent all my day chasing people, someone said he'll come so wait, some said you need to rebook the installation date, someone said supervisor will call in 30 minute to discuss in detail, do they have one(who really look after customers complaints)??? still by the end of they waiting for some one to install & just found out they have no nearer dates, & Of Course NO LADDER...

I wouldn't recommend!

mrs Greaves Sep 05, 2007

Sound like the technician i had yesterday. He sat outside in his van for 15 mins, came in didn't introduce himself and ask where do you want it. As requested in the front bedroom we answered. he looked in the bedroom, stating he had no long ladder, no step ladder, no wood bits for his drill and lastly it was a 2 man job. Phone to complain and after waiting on the phone 1 hour and being put onto 4 people i still had not been able to talk to technician department. Next day and 30 mins on phone got to talk to a customer service manager was very snooty when i complained suggesting i have another day off work for a work assessment and another day for fitting. This all after i was switching to bt and sky they managed to persuade me to stay with virgin Why oh why did i agree i wonder. I am at the moment seething...

Virgin Media — Crap service!

I have the Virgin Cable broadband for two weeks now. Since then my life is a nightmare! Dial-up internet i...

Virgin MediaPoor installation and service all around

I have experienced very poor service from Vigrin Media from the word go. When I first called to join a installation date of was given to me, on the day I waited for 4 hours and no one and when I called them they informed me that they did not have my mobile number and had the incorrect address. On then next installation date, they left the cable on the walk way and advised that I would have to place it under the walk way. They installed a faulty cable modem, I'm not able to view more than 7 TV channels and my landline which was to be working right away( as informed by the contact center) is still not working. And now they advise that a Technician will only be able to come and repair it in a weeks time. IS THIS WHAT ONE CALLS GOOD SERVICE... I DON'T THINK SO...

Virgin MediaTotally rubbish organization!

Perhaps it will never be estimated the amount of nerves and time lost and the stress relived while trying to get Virgin Media broadband and TV package repaired. About five (!) weeks ago suddenly the internet connection disappeared and cable TV as well. So, I called to Virgin Media to inform them about the problem. It took about 40 minutes to get a response. The adviser that responded said that he will book a technician to come. It would take one week. That means, next week, Tuesday. One week without internet, living in the UK, where almost everything is done online, is not too bad yet, as you can 'smell' from the Virgins attitude. Wel, it is true, there are billions of people in our planet that have never heard of internet. However, the story didn't finish here. When came the day for the technician to arrive, nobody came. So, I called again to the Virgin. Guess what. Again after a tiring 25 minutes on the phone finely someone picked it up, and when asked what happened to the technician, told that the booking was canceled. Why? Because someone from my side canceled it. Thats complete rubbish. Ok, the adviser then told me, sorry about that, we can book a technician for next Tuesday. Second week without internet. I have to pay all my bills, and to do some work there, as well as all my connections with my family and friends are on internet. Even that cable TV, which can be relaxing after a hard day of work, is 'dead' now. Ok, there was nothing else to do, I would wait one week more. When the next Tuesday came, again, there was no signs of any technician. I called back to Virgin to see what is happening. Needless to mention the exhausting half an hour or so waiting on the phone again, finally someone answered. I asked where is the technician? To which I was answered that the booking for technician to come was canceled again. By who? The adviser could not explain very clearly. However, she apologized and suggested I booked a new booking for the next week, Wednesday. I felt it was pointless to continue explaining or arguing to this adviser, as she was clearly just an ordinary worker doing her job. Te guilty people are somewhere there in the upper offices.

So, I was forced to wait a third week. When the next Wednesday was approaching, it was Tuesday, and I decided to call beforehand just to check the exact hour the technician will be arriving. Again it took about 20 minutes to contact anyone, just to be told again...sorry, the booking was canceled, and nobody is going to come on Wednesday, the next day. But we can book the technician for the next week, she said. Fourth week!!! Guess what? I waited the fourth week, until the next Wednesday. It was yesterday, the 27th of June. And nobody came again. And I called to the Virgin again, to ask what has happened this time. Th adviser responded after some half an hour of waiting on the phone. He told that the booking was... canceled again. Why? Because it appears that they (Virgin technical staff) checked the details of my booking and found that it was booked regarding the Virgin Media cable TV box failure, and because they checked it via online (somehow), they decided that it was ok. So they decided to cancel the booking.

Now that is a complete rubbish. Incredible. I can't believe all this that is happening. It is already beyond my ability to cope with my anger. Today, I called back to the Virgin Media. The adviser said he will book a technician for Monday, 2nd of July. But who can believe he would come? I don't anymore. On Monday it will be five weeks already. And very likely the service won't be repaired again. Today I am writing a complaint to Virgin Media, and if they won't take any action and compensations for the time lost, bills paid, and phone costs, I will do all my best to go to other institutions to proceed with my complaint. Even if to the court if the need be. I am appalled at the Virgin Media. the worst service ever. I have experienced similar difficulties with some other internet providers. But not to this extent. I am quiting it as soon as possible and will tell my story to all the people I meet on my way what intend to join Virgin. Don't do it.

carl Apr 30, 2009

well i dont agree with what you say on here because thats never happend and virgin are a vry good company, they got a lot of stick with the change over from telewest / ntl but if you have a problem yeah sometimes you have to wait a week but if they cancled it off they have a priorty service or somthing so if they cancled it they wouldnt make you a second or even a third week, i understand its fustating to have to wait a week but you chat bull ### with what you say, get a life pal

• Us
                      user1232600 Jul 23, 2008

I would like to aplogise for the previous comments made, im afraid i suffer with split personalitys, but seriously you should just smash the cunting cab open, or maybe you need a repull, or better still maybe you just need to ### offff back to that cunting hole you came from...ohh godd im sorry there it goes again!! I had better leave here now before i upset you anymore.

Once again apologies !

###ING DIRTY SMELLING CORNER SHOP OWNING 10PENCE A PACKET OF CRISP COLLECTING ###!

• Us
                      user1232600 Jul 23, 2008

### of to iraq you downs syndrome ###... fix the ### yourself...go to the green cab in the street smash the ### open and connect your cunting cable back up you ###ing lazy ### head...ohhh noo my tv has gone ! If i had my way I would just rape your rectum with a large cucumer then smash your cunting head through your ### 21"inch alba you saggy [censored]g!

Virgin MediaCharging for no service!

At the beginning of the year, I applied to have at the time NTL installed at my home, after two attempts to install, the final straw came when, after yet another day off of work, I was told that the whole of the area, belonging to the council would need to be dug up over 100 yards. to install my cable, bearing in mind that I had already been told that we were able to receive this service, quickly and easily. Therefore obviously I said this was out of the question and I cancelled the agreement, as I was in my right to do, as I had not received any service what so ever form them.

After 2 weeks, I received a snotty telephone message from them advising me I had missed my installation callout, I have also received 3 bills, numerous bumph mail, and finally a debt agency are now chasing me for money I do not owe to these people.

Today I have received yet another letter the same as 3 weeks ago saying we are sorry to hear you are not happy, I know these are standard letters, but I have had enough, I have not and do not want anything from these people and want an apology for their incompetence.

Gerard Griffiths Nov 01, 2007

Account credited in 2 days as promised - thinking of trying talk talk or Tiscali instead now. I was impressed with this guys ability to get things done and admitting they had messed up. Try calling this office - [protected]. Good luck.

Gerard Griffiths Oct 29, 2007

I sympathize with your frustration but try this number rather than running up a phone bill. [protected]. I called it and the guy was very apologetic to my problems and apologized and said he would re-credit my account within 2 days in full (£150). i had applied for full cable service and paid up front. engineer expected on the 29th September didnt show and I received no explanation, apology or any other contact from them. I cancelled within the 7 day distance selling window and wrote a letter to their head office and still heard nothing. I was expecting to have to threaten court action today but the guy was great and said an engineer had assessed the job 2 days before installation and decided it wasn't viable to lay an extra 30 meters of cable. Only prob was that nobody passed it on to me. The guy I spoke to today (English guy) also said that he will chase the manager in charge of informing me and get it acted on.

• To
                        Tom Oct 06, 2007

NTL all is forgiven!!!
                        Here is a complaint I am forced to send to Virgin. Ive just pasted the whole letter rather than try to paraphrase, needless to say Ive never experienced anything as bad as this shambles masquerading as customer service. Its almost criminal. Im not expecting a reply or anyone to care, but occasionally someone acts with some competence and you inch forward.....an inch.

Dear Sir, After my recent experience dealing with virgin media these past 2 weeks and some of the comments I have read on a host of web sites, I suspect the chances of this email getting a response are slim to none. But I am optimistic as from my experience with around 10 different virgin employees these past 2 weeks 2 of them could actually be bothered to do their job and didnt tell me a pack of lies. Thats a 1 in 5 chance of not getting some incompetent useless liar. This is not an accusation. It's fact based on observation and experience. So here goes and heres hoping I get that 1 in 5. It began when I had money problems and was cut off from my broadband service 2 days before I was able to clear the balance. After paying the amount owed I called virgin to get my broadband put back on. I was assured reconnection would happen within 24 hours. I explained a friend in similar circumstances waited 10 days or more, I was told that was a one off and not the norm. 3 days later I was still not reconnected. I called to try and get this sorted but unfortunately got some arrogant employee who clearly couldnt be bothered. Perhaps his lunch break was approaching. His screen said reconnection had gone through, so.... that was thatm he wouldnt move from that standpoint and made no effort to investigate further. I tried explaining that being with NTL for 7 years I was well aware that a modem has various lights, and when the "ready" light is inactive it indicates a disabled connection to virgins hardware. Mentioning this simple fact to an engineer would validate what I was claiming was a truthful fact. He gave me the premium rate call centre number (Asia) nothing short of a phone scam and said goodbye, or bugger off basically. I called the number at an alleged 25p per minute with £3 approx of change. Instead of the expected 8+ minutes I got as far as giving half of my customer account number and then click. Money gone. This was an everyday BT public payphone. The call lasted 70 seconds if that. Disgusting. I then had to change a £10 note for £1 coins so as to guarantee I could relay Virgins mistake and get someone to really listen to what i was saying and try and resolve the matter without bias or pre-concieved notions of me being a broadband newcomer who needed to configure my computer correctly. Unfortunately they were no more helpful than the first guy in the UK, and were clearly more concerned with operating procedures and not deviating from what is clearly a well rehearsed script. They are totally rigid and inflexible and keeping their job rather than offering any real help seems to be the underling priority. Im not the only customer to pick up on this. Your connection is on Mr Keary is basically what I was told......AGAIN!! This was getting infuriating and over the course of the remaining days, right up to today, I was forced into calling the scam line many, many times at considerable expense. That money could have paid for my connection and literally put me months in advance credit. Bear in mind I was disconnected because of cash flow problems, so to then be forced into a situation of having to call a peak rate number which in reality charges much more than is advertised for what was an oversight on Virgins part left a very nasty taste and a large hole in my pocket. Each time I called that helpline I felt like I had just been mugged or scammed. 2 days ago I tried calling the [protected] number. To my amazement I got an employee who could actually be bothered to do his job. What I was chasing from the start......some competence. He established the connection had not been reconnected as stated by at least 7 other employees and was at a loss to explain why I was getting told what things that were untrue. He informed me that some maintenance was being carried out on the network and that if I called back Sat(today) it would be a simple flick of a switch to correct Virgins oversight. Great! I now get confirmation of what I already knew, but most of the damage had been done, especially to my wallet, which is light at the best of times. I had been getting the runaround by lazy incompetent employees for almost 2 weeks. Saturday arrives (today) and I head to the payphone. I get through to an Asian man at approx 9:30 am. I explain the scenario and he says he cant be sure when my service will be re-enabled. He then commits himself to Sunday 10 pm and that if it is not on by then to call back the same day between the hours of 8.30 am - 12.00 am. That is no joke. He really said this. I then explained the hassle, the money, and the denial by virgin staff of being at fault and I felt that some sort of recompense was in order, due to the cost of all the Asian call centre calls. He replied with, "If you still have problems call technical support." It was like the guy was deficient in crucial areas (the brain) or like others before him just couldnt be bothered. I went home fuming. After a short time I thought to myself that the way employees respond to your problem is totally dependant on the character or lack of, of the person it is your pot luck to get landed with. With this in mind I headed back to the payphone to give it one last try to get some definitive answers or assistance and not just lip service. Bingo! I explained my situation to this particular employee, a lady. She assured me reconnection would happen in 24 hours possibly sooner and with some people a modem reboot sees the connection immediately come back on. I felt more hopeful this time. 2 weeks of endless call centre experiences, throwing £1 coins into the payphone like feeding monkeys peanuts at the zoo. I thanked her, and started to actually think the end of the futile calls to Virgin was close at hand, but I was also aware I had been told 24 hours some 2 weeks before, and here I was. Anyway I was immensely grateful for her just doing what she was paid to do. Her job. How sad a reflection is that of Virgins customer support. I read Virgin is getting more complaints because customers from Telewest and NTL are expecting much more from Virgin and I have to say, thats just tripe. In 7 years with NTL I never had to experience anything like this. Not even close. Waiting on the phone was the biggest NTL problem and they eventually sorted that out. Its sad but as bad as NTL were, Virgin is in a league of its own. It has been a thouroughly unpleasant experience, and got so frustrating at one point I wrote a letter the Friday night giving notice to Virgin I no longer wanted their service. Had the problem not been resolved today that letter would have been posted and I was calling Zen ADSL. Before I left the payphone I asked the virgin employee about my bill and would it be ammended to exclude charges for the days no service was available. She informed me that the bill would be halved approx to reflect this and the £5 surcharge fee would be waived. £5 for 2 weeks of incompetence, outright lies, insinuation of the incompetence being of my making, being blatantly fobbed off or get drawn into a pantomime of OH NO IT ISNT, OH YES IT IS, and to top it all, out of pocket by £30 or more through constantly being referred to an impotent call centre somewhere in Asia to try and convince them that the connection was categorically still not enabled, but I had no other options other than cancel my services or continue to follow all the shoddy advice given. I honestly thought that someone eventually would acknowledge that a dead "ready" light on the modem signifies the modem is not picking up an active connection to virgins internet infrastructure. It would have saved a lot of time, money and frustration if staff were trained to know what the modems lights are and what they indicate, as they can be used to pinpoint exactly who or what is at fault and these lights and the way they flash or flicker, or do not light up makes them essentially diagnostic lights. Anyway after all that I get the monthly £5 surcharge fee waived. To say I am insulted at being sent on an expensive wild goosechase and compensated to the tune of £5 is an understatement. I have been told by a friend not to expect a reply to this but am holding out hope I get a 1 in 5 employee. I would like to know if Virgin feel that to be fobbed off with £5 after going through all the crap I was put through is fair. Because I have to say I dont. Yours Sincerely Thomas keary

Virgin Media — Horrible telephone service!

Last night (13th June 07) my telephone worked perfectly. Today it does not. After spending more than 15...

Virgin MediaAbsolutely appalling service!

I don't know where to start with this service. It is absolutely appalling. No-one that I have written to or spoken to seems to know what's going on. The 'on demand' service only works sometimes. It disappears for up to 2 weeks with no explanation. I did not receive a copy of April 2007 bill. This may not have been their fault but what I cannot get them to do is send me a copy of that bill. I want to see what I am paying for. All they did was add.

Beware!

Roy dube Mar 15, 2020

Below is a picture of the information.

Is it true?

Comments

Hacker 0312 Dec 25, 2019

Congrats! Ur mobile number has been award £1, 900, 000 in the ongoing 2019 VIRGIN MEDIA TELECOMS mobile draw. To claim contact Mrs. Cristina on: [email protected] this is scam?

Ann Hollman Jul 01, 2016

I get my bundle 1 of every month I get voicemail one to big in minutes and texts but when I looked this morning no texts but I had the others I rung up but they were saying I had to pay 15 to get my texts so I was very angry I am going to leave virgin mobile for good so I hope someone could get this sorted asap

• Sr
                          sruart brooker Jun 13, 2016

I have subscribed to virgin media for television broadband and telephone, i have receceived starter kit self assembly on the 3/12/07 and am still waiting for connection and contact after 9 hours phoninig virgin them telling me that i am connected and a supervisor/manager will contact me i am really p******d off with this company it seems as the staff don't know thier a**se from thier elbow im sure if i ran my buissness how they do i wouldn't have one

Peter Cruickshank Jun 13, 2016

I didn't get past first base with Virgin Media which was probably fortunate. They withdrew from the scheduled installation date less than 1 day before it was due because they were not prepared to do a 20m dig. Details probably best described in a letter of complaint part copied below:

I am writing to you to express my disappointment in the way your company has handled an order I placed in early April this year for broadband, TV and phone.
                          The order was placed by phone with your telephone sales on or about the 15th April 2010. My query, which prompted me to phone rather than use online registration, was to confirm that Virgin Media could indeed reach the house given the type of driveway I had. Whilst on the phone we each brought up Google Maps to view the outside of my house and the sales operative (sorry I don’t have his name) assured me it was ok and no survey was needed.
                          As a result of this conversation the order was placed, a deposit taken and installation date arranged for the morning of 29th April.
                          In the afternoon of the day before installation I was telephoned to be told that Virgin Media were not prepared to install at my home as they were not prepared to do a 20m dig to lay cable. This is after it was confirmed on the phone that no survey was necessary all was in order. Furthermore Virgin Media told me that it was my responsibility to cancel the disconnection notice with BT.
                          My complaints are as follows:
                          1. I was told all was ok and clearly, according to Virgin Media, wasn’t. My contract with Virgin Media was agreed on that basis.
                          2. It was necessary to contact BT to reverse the order Virgin Media had placed with them. BT informed me that Virgin Media should have cancelled the order – which had not been done as of 24 hrs before transfer. Therefore they have raised an unfair trading incident report with Ofcom.
                          3. Cancelling an appointment less than a day before installation meant I lost a day’s leave from work, taken so I would be available.
                          4. The representative from Virgin Media who telephoned me on the 25th April was very rude and was not prepared to discuss the details why the order was unilaterally being cancelled by Virgin Media. My wife phoned Virgin Media later, as I was unavailable at the time to pursue, and obtained an explanation, although not a satisfactory one. In fact we had to call several times in order to try to get resolution.
                          5. The reason finally given by Virgin Media was that the fibre optic ducting only went as far as No. 2 Wilmot Close. This is interesting as No. 6 is a Virgin Media customer and in closer proximity to our house. I tried to explain this but Virgin Media would not accept the fact the engineer must have been surveying in the wrong location.
                          6. They were not prepared to discuss alternative proposals made by me. Please note I have been in IT for over 35 years and have some degree of knowledge on the subject. I did explain that at the time.
                          7. Virgin Media have taken a deposit from me which as yet has not been refunded. I am reporting this incident to my credit card company.
                          8. Nothing has been sent to me in writing to rescind the process – why not?
                          9. I had to re-instate my services with Sky – a process which Virgin Media had started.

carla radok Jun 13, 2016

My phone hasn't worked for 2 days now. All I get is a crackling sound when I lift the receiver and a message that the phone is engaged when I ring it from my mobile and others have presumed I'm making an incredibly long phone call(2 days!) when they try to phone! I've tried the various solutions to no avail.

I rang to get assistance and spoke to someone who reeled off sentences from a list. They then said someone would come out to sort the problem in a week's time. How ridiculous! I need my phone sooner than that as I've just come out of hospital and people are trying to get in touch with me to see how I am etc. and I need to get in touch with them.

My mobile is too expensive to use for long chats - and my bill has increased already with calls to virgin! Despair was what I felt - it was like speaking to a block of wood.

I tried again today - rang complaints department and told my tale again. A pleasant enough guy offered to try for help on my behalf and moved the visit for sorting out to next Monday (day earlier) - still nearly a week away!

This is just not good enough - the fault is somewhere on the line - not on my phone - so they should deal with it as urgent. Engineers very busy at the moment I kept being told - that answer is just not good enough.Why don't they employ more then?

I shall be seeking to change my phone company after this I feel, as I am one dissatisfied customer with no phone!

che40 Jul 09, 2013

"VIRGIN MEDIA CUSTOMER SERVICES LIE TO U AS A STRATEGY " I have this statement recorded on my mobile. I had a phone contract with them, paid every month in full no outstanding balance. Then they sent a bill: when i phoned the customer services department they agreed that it was a mistake and cleared the bill, almost a year on and after many phone calls with the same outcome they have now passed the amount onto a collections company. I am at my wits end the custmer services department confirms no outstanding amount while the collections department say that i have been lied to and they are pursuing the amount!

• Su
                          Surfquest Jun 10, 2013

Hi I have signed up with virgin on the 22/5/13 and was told insulation would happen on the 10/06/13 that's 20 days away in the mean time I noticed the contract I signed up for was not what virgin sales team name syed signed me up for a complete blag-her to make maters worse on the day of insulation I rang twice and reassured some one on the way but when I rang after 6pm I was told they could not install till the 25/6/13 after spending 45Min's complaining the best they could do was £15 discount because they don't compensate I have been told byManagementt what I would say is stay away from virgin

Rose Montgomery Apr 18, 2013

I am going to keep this short I had a mobile phone with virgin and when asking for a copy of my contract never received this. Asked virgin what my contract was and they said nothing to state weather 24 months or 18 months I was positive it was 18 months as I was 35.75 a month got a very nasty letter from virgin saying was due 35.75 when phoning my bank th ey told me it had a status as ended which would have made it an 18 month contract virgin not happy with this and has one put the debt to a debt recovery which after sending all my details from my bank and the so called contract(proof of purchase)they said they can't proceed with the debt. Virgin has now put it on to S.R.J debt recovery who I have sent all my paper work to them but they stand by virgin and are as rude as some of the people I have delt with at virgin. I have had enough and wish to know where I stand and if anyone can give me advice on where I go from here...thanks

• Pl
                          P Lynch Feb 15, 2013

We have been with Virgin Media for our Broadband for a few years but have to say that the broadband service we are receiving has got increasingly poor and unreliable. We are now pensioners and use our computer a great deal to contact family but the service is very slow and unpredictable. I fear that if we upgrade it will become too expensive for us to do so so will have to look for an alternative broadband service. Is there anything that Virgin can do about this?

We pay our bill through a monthly Direct Debit-
                          Philp&Mary Lynch-Bradford West Yorkshire-BD16 1RH

Keith Perryman Jan 28, 2013

Checked this site to see if there was a way to highlight my problems with virgin.Having read all the complaints have realised virgin customer services are totally useless, having absolutely no interest in their customers.Have cancelled all services with virgin and can honestly say will never go back to them. Have called them on two occasions to try and stop them from sending bribes to win me back, but these people are so stupid, they cant even get that right.Does Richard Branson realise he has recruited a load of incompetant ###s determined to ruin his business?

• Se
                          secretface Oct 19, 2012

Witgout broadband for three Weeks now, going to cancel it once sorted out with bt virgin media are absolutely totally f****** s*** rude call centre minimu wage ops, unhelpful Indian ops, useless engineers and a ### product. Avoid like AIDS

• Cr
                          c.rap Oct 01, 2012

I will not go anywhere near any virgin media product ever again. i was with them fo 2 yrs and was constantly on and offline sometimes for days at a time but very regularly. always ahassal on the phone ( i could never understand what they were saying or they me) i was refused discount for no service, too many times! i was so fed up i changed to sky, i was charged 75 pound for breaking my contract, i man came round at 8 o clock at night and tried to black mail me he said if i return he will secretly waive the fee! also when i did change to sky the man was hounding me to stay pushing and pushing. i payed alot of money for along time for such appaulling service and now i have been threatend with being charged more money (that i dont have) going to court (which i know they will win) as its only the masses that are successful in these cases, so i basically have to pay for a service that i seldom had. when i told 8 o clock at night man he said the service now has been updated. i have had no problem with sky.

• Ju
                          Just trying to fight back Aug 14, 2012

I previously left Virgin Media because of the terrible service. However, wife and daughters have pressurised me to go back on cable / broadband and phone.

Due to be set-up last Wednesday. Guy turned-up and set-up cable and broad-band, but did not have the tool for the phone. Promised he would be back following day. But never showed (at this stage we have no phone line and my wife is staying in waiting for him to turn-up). Call Virgin, they apologised and said somebody would be there the next day. Nobody showed. Call Virgin to find out what happened, they said I’d be contacted with 48 hours (this covered the weekend). No body contacted me, I contacted them to find out why.

Asked to contact on the Monday, which I did. They now say I have to wait 48 hours for somebody to contact me / my wife. Pointed-out our landline was not working, I was working away from home and my wife had lost her mobile, therefore, could we please arrange a time. They said they would contact me with 48 hours – which they have not.

No phone, no information about where we are and how they will fix the incomplete installation, no information of why they never turned-up on the occasions they promised they would.

This is déjà vu and the nightmares are coming back.

Nicola Lowe Jun 25, 2012

I pay every month by direct debit £24-30 for a telephone and internet broadband service provided by Virgin Media. Since rejecting updating my affordable package from a forgein call centre agent. I was notified that my bill of £29.10 due on the 13th of June had been paid due to insufficent funds in my acccount. This is not true as I can prove that money was in the account and money is still in my account. If this was true there and there was not any money, I would received charges from my bank which I have not. The money was not appled for as far as they are concerned. When I called Virgin media collections department about the payment of now £75, they claimed that they re-applied for the £29.10 again on the 20th of June so thereforeadded charges. They transfered me to customers services 23/06/12 at 10.20am when I spoke to an ignorant adviser who would not answer simple enquiry questions of how this has come about. This person would not transfer me to a manager, so I waited until today an spoke to a foreign call centre agent who was pretending to be a manger and would not see to the truth of my complaint. I noticed that all my previous paid bills are no longer available on my online account and I cannot get hold of anybody willing to accept the mistake. This is fraud as I can produce history and proof of funds in my account before and after which they claimed to have applied for and being rejected for payment. This is spite for not being able to make me change my package for a more expensive one. This wrongful billing is a spiteful scam in order to rip of the Uk customers as they think we are all rich. My Virgin media account number is [protected]

• To
                          torintee Apr 13, 2012

is anyone out there suffering from signing up to the tivo closer deal which we signed up for in August 2011 and were told quite clearly that it was for 18 months so imagine our surprise when robin hood bransons company upped the ante to 64.90 because there is no 18 month deal it only lasts for 6 months even though we have a copy of the signed agreement i have read with growing dismay the litany of complaints and wonder if the only people who can give this miserable company a well deserved spank is the CISAS ombudsman or any other watchdog would love to know torintee

• Va
                          vandu Jan 06, 2012

I have taken a new virgin broadband and phone connection in Uxbridge, London.
                          The service is rubbish, they installed the broadband and left, without activating the account saying outage problem, whereas the online data shows excellant service in my area.Tried calling the customer care and they made me wait for 15 min and then disconnected the call.This was the scenario for 5 times when i called repeatedly, the technical team dont answer the call

No one is responsible for their job nor the installation guy nor the tech support...

The worst service I have experianced my life...will never recommend for virgin services.

St1 Aug 01, 2011

I writing about the latest scam Virgin media is launching. Starting in May they will charge £1.25 a month (£15/y) for the bill they are sending through the post.

I think this is ought to be immoral and unethical; we do not go to the supermarket for buying bread, milk and egg and pay £1.24 for the receipt!.

The envelope from Virgin never arrives with the bill only, instead it is packed with other Virgin offers, mobile-phone offers, etc, in other words, starting in May the people of Virgin Media is charging us for the pleasure of receiving their spam mail.

Whom can I protest to for this latest atrocity? where is the government to protect the right of the customers to receiving the invoice for the goods we purchase for free?

If Virgin Media wants to promote a greener option they should offer a "reduction" to the customer to switch to it, not trying to get more money out of it.

roger929 Jul 21, 2011

To put it mildly there customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I waited a week for a technician to have a look at a fault with my phone and broadband (fully explained to them when I first reported the problem). So a foreign bloke shows up today who I had difficultly understanding as he didn't speak great English. What I did get from him after he had dug up my front garden is that he couldn't fix the fault. I questioned this more and he said I'll book another engineer who will be with you in another week. I have just spend over an hour on the phone to these idiots only to be fobbed off. Are you reading this Richard? well if you are lets start by saying have you ever considered how important it is to not only have staff that live and work in the country they are trading from, but also to have a good command of the English language?

• Tr
                          Trisha2011 Jun 12, 2011

Signed up- date given for installed. waited all day. no engineer.No communication.Waited another month and almost same thing happened- Had to make loads of calls! finally got internet and tv installed (no phone...some excuses about a missing box?). 5 months later still no phone-yet every month am charged! Have to fight monthly to get refund. Currently 2 months owed back. Virgin completely ignoring my emails. Letters come regualrly asking me to join up! One letter recently said they are coming to insall internet and TV in December 2012!! (yet I already have these services!) This company is APALLING!!!

• Pi
                          pilsbury111 Jun 07, 2011

Virgin Media have to be the biggest joke of a company ever. Please all of you never ever sign up to them. Have a look at the thread posted by Jay and help fight these a..e holes.

Jay9999 May 27, 2011

Hi it's me Jay I'm gona leave my phone no so we can all connect to do something to sue virgin media my no is [protected]. So pls forget wasting time with a system which clearly doesn't work an hasn't worked since 2007 an now in 2011 it's just waste of money an con merchants liars we are much stronger together an more wiser than virgin media We have nothing to lose or just drop me email on [email protected] Leaving your details an nature of commplaints regards. Jay

Jay9999 May 27, 2011

Hi it's Jay I think we shall all get together an sue an shut down though the legal courts an the code of practice an may be write a book because I have read most of the complaints also the errors started in 2007 now it's even worse there system is clearly not working they are just a big con company that not providing no service the only service which is really good is taking your money out of your bank so pls I stress one alone is no against a big company we should stick together an were all intitiled to compensation an free service due to the errors

• Ru
                          rubbishvirgin May 24, 2011

I couldnt agree more!!!, ive been with virginmedia for approx 2 yrs and prior to 2 months ago(march 2011) i had no real issues. But 2 months on i have had nothing but trouble, my bill has always been paid on time but the broadband service over 2 months has gone as low as half mb on a 10 mb package. Despite countless phone calls...they have told me consistent lies about fixing the problem and just seem to palm me off with lame excuses!!. There customer service stinks, and as for their indian call centres there a waste of time because very few speak good english. So Mr branson if your listening please please check out your customer service as its rubbish!!!, and for goodness sake ditch your indian call centres as there a waste of our time and your money!!!

• Mo
                          Morwenna Wilson May 03, 2011

Having been unable to receive or make calls for nearly two weeks, on Thursday 3rd January 2008 I telephoned the network support line for help.

I got through to a gentleman initially who said I had telephoned the wrong number and he could not 'put me through'. After telephoning again and waiting through a lengthy automated service, I was put through to a lady (in India and heavily accented) presumably in the technical support dept who asked me to hold to ask a colleague to see if they could help. After holding for approximately 5 minutes, I put the phone down and rang again. I went again through the automated service and was put through to a gentleman who said I came to the wrong number despite having rung the number I had been asked to ring before. I rang again and was put through (after another 4 minutes) to a lady who went through a series of questions as to why my phone could not be working. I told her the line rang from an outside line but not in the house. Furthermore, there was no dialling tone from either my old reliable phone or from the new phone I had bought (to check that it was not my phone that was faulty). Thus, it was impossible to make or receive calls. The lady warned me that I could be charged £75.00 for an unnecessary call-out charge, until I informed her that I had tested the line with three different working phones and still no joy. She, therefore, booked me an engineer.

All week I have been trying the phone in the hope that it would come back to life. To no avail. An engineer was booked to come today - 10th January 2007 between 4pm and 7pm but they would ring to confirm. No call came. I telephoned them my mobile phone - my land line remained dead. I waited in till just before 5pm and rang the 'Technical support number' for Virgin Media as listed on Directory enquiries, on the Internet and on Virgin Media forms. The gentleman told me he only dealt with B.T. phones lines and not Telewest or Virgin phone lines. Then he said he dealt only with Virgin Media. I told him he was a Virgin Media customer. He insisted I was with B.T. and could not help me as he only dealt with cable. When I told him that it must be cable as I was with Virgin Media, he told me he did not deal with cable but only British Telecom customer. This is bizarre because Virgin Media and British Telecom are two entirely different companies and you don't generally work for both or say you work for the other when it suits you.

He gave me another 'Technical support number - Premium rate number' for Virgin Media phones. The gentleman who answered said he only dealt with cable broadband and not telephones and gave me a number to ring in India and did not know why his number was given also despite it being registered with 118118 as 'TECHNICAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS SUPPORT FOR VIRGIN MEDIA'. I then phoned the same number I had rung in India last week. I went through the automated service and waited for my call to be answered.

An Indian lady answered - no surprise. I asked her to check on the time that the engineer would be calling. Without going through to the department I had been sent to last week she informed me with little or no detail about me that no engineer had been booked to come out for me. Furthermore, she had no record of any of my calls or attempts at getting through last week and again on Monday this week. I told the lady that I would be cancelling my contract as I had not had the use of my phone for almost three weeks and my calls to try to rectify it were at a premium rate, which should be reimbursed. As soon as I put my mobile phone down (which is not a Virgin Media phone), Lo and Behold my land line phone gave a little 'peep'. I lifted the receiver and the land-line purred and I was able to ring out.

I feel I have been given the run around and that the phone line was deliberately disconnected for no other purpose than to force the customers to ring the PREMIUM RATE technical support numbers which they warn charge at an unspecified amount before they allow you to commence your complaint. THIS IS FRAUDULENT.

Jon-K Apr 04, 2011

After failing to make my landline number X-Directory twice I had to change my number due to a constant stream of unsolicited quiet sales calls. Virgin Media then offered me "Anonymous Call Rejection" as a concession and apology for screwing up my previous requests (providing I pay 1/2 the cost each month). When I come to leave Virgin Media because I'm moving home they are now charging me £61 because I have unknowingly 'agreed' to a contract change and am apparently locked in for 1 year - which I was not informed of at the time. I have been a loyal customer for over 13 years, never made a late payment and never caused any hassle for them. They seem to be a ridiculous company which employs rude ignorant imbeciles who have no appreciation of customer loyalty or satisfaction. I certainly will not be using them again or any other Virgin service in the future. They've really isolated themselves from a good loyal customer this time. Also, when I had a fault with the TV box several years ago their engineer came and removed it. I'm assuming this ended up on a skip because over the next few months I was charged over £300 for movies I didn't / couldn't watch. They never refunded the money either and wouldn't stop the card for 1 month. Thanks Virgin - A truly exceptional and top service once again!

• Le
                          lesley manning Jan 31, 2011

i am a virgin media customer and untill 2day a happy customer. virgin have been advertising that new and exsisting customers can upgrade there packerages 4 half price untill 2day 4 six months. i normally have a medium tv package but just before xmas virgin upgraded every1s tv package 2 large all 4 free untill 2day. so i rang virgin media wanting 2 upgrade 2 large package on my tv only 2 be told that i have large package and they cant upgrade me 4 half price 4 6months as i have it already, i tried explaining 2 them that they upgraded it 4 free untill 2day but was told 2 ring back 2morrow and upgrade 2morrow. i think this is false advertising as virgin upgraded all medium tv packages 4 free 2 all its customers and now we cant have this half price offer 4 6 months. i really dont think this is very fair

PendragonUK Jan 05, 2011

I tried to ring virgin to buy more services from them, the system was next to impossible and when I did finally get to someone they said they only dealt with payments and cut me off! That was after about 35 minutes on the phone in a queue! I e-mailed customer services (sic) twice there response time was stated as five days after 17 days I got a call from a woman so rude that I immeadiately canceled my account and told them I'd return to sky.
                          I later received a another call from 'Customer Services' (sic) where I explained the situation to be asked in the snotties tones '..well what do you want me to do about it?' I said to cancel the account and they were not bothered in the slightest, just agreed to cancel and sorted a date. Ridiculous to turn an enquiry to buy more services into a canceled account... how bad do you have to be to do that?

• Eb
                          Ebaneza Dec 18, 2010

I was happily able to check my Virgin Broadband usage at the end of each month to see how I was going re credit. I now find that they have deleted the page I was used to using for the best part of the last year. So...They are now asking for passwiords & email addresses to log in. Having tried to log in with every combination of password that I have ever had with Virgin I find myself locked out so have no idea of recent usage & hence credit. There is an old saying, "if it aint broke, don't fix it. But the [censor]s at Virgin couldn't resist altering a perfectly functioning system. As soon as credit is gone, so am I.

SAtkinson Jul 02, 2010

Well well well! Virgin Media! I have myself experienced some shocking customer services from these people. I signed up for tv broadband and phone in March in my new home, I was told that it was a 12 month contract so when my mother became ill and I had to move very quickly in April I wasn't surprised to be told that I would have to pay over £200 unless I could reconnect in my new address, this wasn't possible as I was living temporarily at my sisters house. I was informed that the two hundred pounds would be taken from account within 10 - 14 days but if I wanted to reactivate my account within the 30 days that money would be refunded. We found a lovely new home in May and during checking my bank statements I noticed that Virgin hadn't taken the £200 but continued to take my £30 direct debit, "Great" I thought, my contract is still active i'll just call them back up and get it reinstalled! I explained the situation to the lady on the phone and the conversation went as follows, are you ready for this, it's a long one but worth the read just for the sheer incompetence :
                          "No problem sir, I will set up a new account for you now, can I take some details?",
                          "So I am not being charged the £200?",
                          "No, we will still charge you the two hundred pounds as your old contract was cancelled"
                          "Hang on, but it hasn't been cancelled? You are still taking the direct debits and haven't taken the two hundred pounds. That to me sounds like my contract with you is still active! I will happily stay with you but not if you also want to charge me the two hundred pounds, what are you going to do?"
                          "Please hold sir" dumduududdmmdmdmdmdmmdummmmdueeeededmmemed for at least twenty minutes grrrrrrrrrrrrr
                          "Hi sir, thank you for holding, yes I can set up a new account for you, can I take some details?"
                          "Hang on, are you still charging me the two hundred pounds because if you are then I don't want to open a new account, i'll take my business elsewhere!"
                          "We will cross that bridge when we come it sir, if I could just take some details and i'll set up your new account!"
                          "No, you clearly aren't listening, are you still charging me the two hundred pounds?"
                          "Errr yes, we are, if I could just take some details and i'll set up your new account"
                          "No, I told you that I don't want to use you if you aren't prepared to do something about these charges, I am not refusing to pay them but surely there is something you can do?"
                          "Please hold sir" again on hold for at least twenty minutes YAWNNNN
                          "Hello sir, thank you for holding, is there anybody else in the household who can set up an account?"
                          "I live with my partner, why?"
                          "Can I take his details and i'll set up a new account for you!"
                          "Does that mean you wont charge me the two hundred pounds?"
                          "If I could just take his details and get the new account set up"
                          "Are you actually listening to me, are you still charging me the two hundred pounds?"
                          "Yes sir, and may I remind you that if you refuse to pay this it may affect your credit rating, if I could just perhaps speak to your partner and he can set up the account?"
                          "What makes you think that my partner is going to set up an account with you, I have clearly stated that if I still have to pay these charges WE as we are a couple and our finances are the same will not be opening an account with you. I want to speak to a supervisor please"
                          "Please hold sir" AND yes you guessed it another twenty minutes
                          "Hello sir, thank you for holding" the same woman, clearly not her supervisor
                          "If I could just speak to your partner to get the new account set up and then we can discuss the charges"
                          "I do not want to talk to you anymore, get me your supervisor NOW!"
                          "Please hold sir" and ANOTHER twenty minutes later
                          "Hello sir, i'm Bobby the supervisor, how can I help you?"
                          I explained this absurd conversation I just had with this woman, he apologised and said he would speak to the home movers team and call me back at one o'clock the next day, I waited and waited, no phone call! I couldn't face speaking to them on the phone so I waited a couple more days, still nothing.
                          My sister called me to say there was post for me at her address and too my surprise there were three letters, two from VM demanding I settle my account and one from a debt collection agency demanding urgent action on my outstanding account with VM!!!

It is plainly obvious that the woman I was speaking to is working on commission, they aren't interested in resolving these issues at all! I have finally resolved the issue, I guess I am lucky I found a very nice guy at Virgin Media New Home and Movers department, it was tricky as in the meantime I had gone elsewhere for my phone and broadband but with a little persistence they have agreed to supply with tv only for £11.50 per month and have waived £140 of my charges. Well, that is what they told me today, we shall see!

• Ki
                          Killian Steele Apr 27, 2010

Just two words to describe Virgin Media...

• Jr
                          jrbjr Apr 09, 2010

I will say that Virgin Mobile has reasonable rates on the surface. However, their coverage area leaves alot to be desired. BEWARE OF THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I cancelled my service several days ago and was still charged over $50 for my monthly service. I cancelled on the final day of the service and should not have been charged for another month. I did so on the website and then thru customer service. They are refusing to refund my money. I have put a stop payment on the money from my financial institution and I will be filing a consumer complaint with my state's attorney general. Their reasoning for not refunding the fees was because I cancelled my serviced. Is this the third grade? I cancelled because they SUCK BIG TIME!!! This company is one of the worst, if not the worst I have ever deal with. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!!!

sarah 45 Feb 25, 2010

I am also a virgin complainer I am constanley finding my tv service breaking up and to add injury to insult get called twice in one day to be told i owe fourty pound on my last bill and they have charged me 10 pounds late fee and told that if i had paid my bill on time i wouldent be getting thease calls from Voirgin. To say i am fuming is an understatment if i do call Virgin over repairs or to do with my bill I have been left on hold for up to an hour this is my experince of dealing with virgin . I have now cancelled my serices with them and to add injury to insult i have been asked if i could lugg all there equitment down to the [post office to send back this justs shows the cheek of this company . I told the person on the telephone that they could come and collect the boxes she did state that it would be pre-paid if i took them to the post office like there doing me a favour. once your signed up they just dont care as they know they have you by the short and curlys until your contract ends may be if companys dident have this power that have to work harder to keep consumers

• Dg
                          DGT Feb 22, 2010

My partner is having similar problems with VM. They have charged her for Dial up and Broadband for three years, she hadn't reaslied. They have taken over £500 not due to them but wil only pay back as a good will gesture £180. Despite the fact they can not prove that my partner was told to cancel the dial up. Serious;y thinking of changing providers for bot of us, which is a shame as we were thinking of expanding our services. As for talking to someone in complaints FORGET it, they seem to be a non vocal complaints department. Perhaps they don't exist!

dave13 Jan 31, 2010

I think virgin media is a munch of none speaking fuvking indians who just laugh at you on the phone, why can't some ###ing country grow some ###ing ball and blow these ### off the fce of the earth, along with beardy ###ing branson.

• Fm
                          fmlman Jan 30, 2010

VIRGIN MEDIA. ARE A PILE OF ###ING WANK.
                          Seriously. 10MB Broadband we're paying for, and we get laggy [censored][censored] internet which can't even run the simplest of game connections and websites. WOW VIRGIN

SORT IT ###ING OUT.

This sort of stuff should be bloody free, then i'd expect this quality of crap.

Sort it out Media. Sort it ###ing out.

• Ti
                          timmyjimmy Jan 19, 2010

If you owe money then it should be paid. £Especially during the xmas season. That is when we irrationally spend more then our means. Imagine the bill you would be left with now. If you are able to pay via credit card, then why is that an issue? PAY YOUR BILL!!!

• Ed
                          Edges Jan 10, 2010

Im so tired of this companys excuses. Its about time Richard Branson stoped messing about with his space project and overhauls this appology of a broadband service. I was on the 10 mg service package and started to have connection issues, after numerous tech calls to my home in October 09 changing of modems and other such stuff after constant loss of internet problems, huge data packet loss Virgin informed me i needed to upgrade my internet to 20 mg. Thinking they knew what they were talking about I did so at further cost to myself trusting what they said. Were now in January its now worse than ever, more connectivity loss, more huge packet loss, more techs, more excuses, more phone calls, more rubbish spoken by techs and service departments, folks in India or some such place talking in an accent i cannot understand to be replace by scottish accents i understand less. The price I and other people pay for this broadband servicee we should have the right a better support service than this.

I have tried on several occasiosn to speak to someone who can actually do something about this continuing issue with my broadband to no avail, my next move is to report virgin media to the Trading Standards as the service and backup im getting is appalling and not fit for the perpose thier charging me for.

person555 Jan 01, 2010

I have seen plenty of complaints on

• Pj
                          P JOSEPH Dec 29, 2009

Have had my telephone, internet and telephone suspended as I went over my limit (which I didn't know I had - around £200). After being with Virgin Media paying by Direct Debit for the last 3 years, this is how they look after their customers in the middle of the Christmas season when I have to make overseas calls as most of my family and friends are in France.

In the end, they wouldn't lift the ban for overseas calls as they weren't giving any alternatives, I had to ask if there was anyway I could settle the bill and have the ban removed. Not having been paid yet, I had to make the payment using my credit card.

Absolutely appalling customer service in the middle of the festive season, very upset, will definitely need to review my options in the New Year. Don't have anything nice to say about them ... especially not that arrogant customer service person I spoke to this morning who was constantly talking over me. I guess they have too many clients and are trying to lose a few.

Anyone has any comments about Sky's service? How do their prices compare to virgin?

• Lo
                          louise powell Dec 21, 2009

hi ive had virgin media for 6 months ive got xl tv large broadband and phone ive never encounted such appaling service every month my bill comes they tell me i am in arreas of 27 pounds i have always paid my bills on time and to the correct amount they keep suspending our service for no aparent reason plus i get a 10 pound late fee charge every month trying to sort the problems out on the phone is a complete waste of breath this company are a total bunch of ###s not only do the majority not speak english the rest are rude and arrogant and patronsing on friday i was told my bill was 54.85 only to recieve a letter today informing me it is 90 pound and if i dont pay 17.83 it will be off for christmas it is driving me mad i really feel angry and frustrated by these idiots i even had a asthma attack the one day they got me so wound up as they were calling me a liar saying i had not payed my bill even though i had just given them the numbers off the reciept which i held in my hand it still took them a week to restore my services RICHARD BRANSON has a lot to answer for . please someone help i cannot take this anymore sky were fantastic compaired to this pathetic excuse of a company NEVER NEVER SIGN WITH VIRGIN PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES I HAVE !!! yours louise powell tamworth staffs

hampson Nov 18, 2009

hi i went form sky to v/m before the 4th of sept 2009 the package i got was to cost £70.50 then i was told it yesterday it will cost me £79 a month i have had nothing but trouble from day one i wish had stayed with sky
                          jimmy

• 50
                          5014 Oct 01, 2009

The treatment i am getting is the same as most of you Iam going to cancel, and while im on the subject why are people charged a pound for the paper bills and nothing online surly old age pensioners and people who cant afford a computer are being victimised over this Im sure this cant legally be right human rights ?

• Ta
                          tallink Sep 17, 2009

Mr Jonathan Webb is managing Director

Virgin Media Headquarters
                          Bartley Way
                          RG27 9UP

melvyn Sep 12, 2009

This is Off Virgin Media own website [ What does unlimited broadband mean? ]
                          No download limits. Unlike some of our competitors, you get unlimited downloads as a basic right so you can load up on music, films...whatever you're into

And this is What Virgin Media say on there AD, s and on there website

Mr. Chircop

melvyn Sep 12, 2009

WHAT A BIG CON

I am not happy with the way Virgin Media is Conning it’s customer’s
                          with it’s so called Unlimited?
                          broadband downloading 'I'm extremely dissatisfied. Virgin Media say that There's no limit to the amount you can download you can do . this is a lie Virgin Media run a "acceptable use" policy1 so every time I am downloading a film or music, Virgin Media keep putting a cap on my services?

so how can this be called unlimited?
                          And There's no limit to the amount you can download ??/ when there is. it’s a big con. I think this should be reported to someone. then I will report it. Virgin Media need to make a of lot of improvements.

I am thinking about Cancelling my broadband telephone & mobile service with Virgin Media if this can not be sorted out to my satisfaction

i have had no reply from Virgin Media about this so far.

Yours sincerely,

Mr M Chircop

This was the reply I got from Virgin Media Today

Dear Mr. Chircop,

Thanks for your email.

Please note that Virgin Media is a merger of different companies and we deal with only Virgin Media National (Non-cable/ADSL Broadband formerly known as Virgin.net) related issues.

Unfortunately, I am unable to check any systems for other areas of Virgin Media. As it is in relation to Virgin Media On-Cable, you need to contact their Customer Services on [protected] (Option 4). The executives over there will help you further.

What A Copout

it’s called Virgin Media so they should sort this out for me

I will not contact their Customer Services .

melvyn Sep 11, 2009

WHAT A BIG CON

I am not happy with the way Virgin Media is Conning it’s customer’s
                          with it’s so called Unlimited?

so how can this be called unlimited?

i have had no reply from Virgin Media about this so far.

Yours sincerely,

Mr M Chircop

Angry at unfair treatment Sep 10, 2009

I agree with most of your comments above!

I just sent in a complaint to Virgin:

To whom it may concern,

I have been waiting for over 2 months for an installation and it has been one disaster after another.
                          Twice the installation crew came to my house (very un-presentable state, dirty, smelly) and could not do their job because the construction crew had not installed the cabling. The first time no one had bothered to organise it. The second time, the construction crew installed the cables to the wrong address, a NatWest bank next door to our house!

The installation crews that came both times, systematically lied to me about coming back the same day to finally do the installation and about someone from Virgin Media calling me to inform me of status. I have wasted 2 Saturdays, and over 2 months without a phone line, internet and television waiting for my Virgin Media order and have been treated unfairly, with no apologies by crews or management. I find this terrible and still do not understand why Virgin would treat their potential new customer in such manner. I am now looking for other options as no one has gotten back to me.

• Jp
                          j Phillips Aug 26, 2009

Virgin Media is a dishonest and corrupt company! Earlier this year I took a call from one of their advisors who informed me that all their customers would be receiving a free freeview box within a few days. I didn't ask for one but didn't question it as I thought it was just a mistake on their part. It arrived and then we realised it was part of a package although we DON'T HAVE VIRGIN TV!. We haven't been connected since we were with NTL. So we put it in the garage and forgot about it. Then the bills arrived- £20 more than usual! We were being charged for something we don't have! My husband (his account btw) called them but they said we should have cancelled within 28 days- cancel what? We don't have the service to cancel!! We only have telephone and broadband (another joke) . They told him he would have to pay£40 to cancel the service we don't have! They said we requested the box which is a lie. So they continue to thieve money from his account! He has written a complaint but heard nothing. Now what?

• Ne
                          neuevil Aug 24, 2009

virgin media is not giving us the internet service they say they do...514kpbs download speed its as fast as dial up...we are paying for ADSL which they say is supposed to be "up to" 8mb...

• Sc
                          scoot_eruk Jul 14, 2009

I have today submitted following complaint to these Oxygen Wasters / Virgin Media

==========================================================

Virgin Media Account Number: 3386xxxx

Dear Sirs,

I have been unfortunate enough to be Virgin media customer and I would like to solute you for your incompetence and negligence that make you stand out from the rest in this world.

Let me explain my ordeal in trying to give you more business by signing up to one of your ‘special offer for existing customers’ deal.

On 15th of June, I called you because you had sent me a leaflet saying that as an existing customer, I was entitled to your Broadband ‘L’ package for an extra £10 / month.

I spoke to someone called Nick (who obviously didn’t know his Surname!) and having waster about 30 minutes going through all the details, I was told that the new broadband service has been added to my account and that I will receive a ‘Quick Installation kit’ for a fixed fee of £15.00

Having waited for the kit for the whole week, I called your sales staff again on Sunday afternoon (21thst June). I spoke to a lady who told me that she would arrange for the kit to be sent to me. She also assured me that I will not be charged for this broadband service until it has been activated.

The kit that I eventually received after waiting for 10 days was wrong and instead of ‘Quick install kit’ worth £15, it was simply a ‘replacement cable modem’. I am sure there must be someone in Virgin Media who may have by now learnt that in order for customer to install a cable modem to an existing feed, they not only need a cable modem but a 3 way splitter, a couple of F connectors and few meters of Co-axial cable.

Being a major cable service provider of the UK, some of these words (i.e. 3 way splitter, F connector and Co-axial cable) will be totally new to you and I can imagine the shock on your face whilst reading this so you may wish to refer to your only friend in this world (i.e. Google)

Anyhow, I had to spend nearly £15 to purchase these items from local electrical shop and then set all the connections up. Then I called your ‘Service Activation’ staff on the evening of 23rd June in order to get the service activated.

The service which is so called Broadband ‘L’ package is supposed to give me up to 10MB connection speed but at times it is as slow as a dial up connection. Again you may want to refer to Google to understand the meaning of ‘dial up’.

Two weeks later on the 14th July, I received a bill from you. By the way, before I focus some attention on the bill that I received, I would like to point out another amazing fact about your bills; I am sure there is a team of specialists working at Virgin trying to figure out a way of making your bills as difficult to understand as possible with a hope that customers will either give up on them or never question any charges.

Coming back to the bill that I received, to my shock, I find the following:

In this bill, I am now charged for the following:

1. Charges for supplying broadband service starting from the 15th June (note 15th June)
                          2. £15 for the ‘Quick Install kit’ which didn’t have the bits needed to perform a quick installation.
                          3. Broadband service charged at £18 / month instead of the agreed price of £10 / month.
                          4. Broadband package offered: type ‘S’ instead of ‘L’

On the same evening (i.e. Monday 14/07/09), I spoke to your staff member (Adam) who after 3 requests gave me his Surname (Jackson) which most likely is fictitious anyway.
                          I was then told me that the guy who was supposed to apply the £10 package to my account has not done so. Adam also told me that he was unable to sort this out and that only the guy who I spoke to on the 15th can fix this problem.

How can that be correct? How can you somehow mysteriously apply a wrong ‘broadband S’ package to my account and start charging me £18/ month but are unable to revert it to the correct package Broadband ‘L’ at the agreed rate of £10 /month?

Then I formally requested Adam to give me the full name of the person I spoke to on the 15th June and who apparently is the only person on this planet who can fix this (although I am convinced that most of the people at Virgin are on a different planet; the planet where Virgin can do whatever it likes to its customers and the planet where customers are simply not allowed to question anything done to them) but was refused on the grounds that Adam was not allowed to give me this person’s full name.

How is this fair that you take my full name, password, address, post code and even date of birth before you speak to me about my own account and yet you cannot even give me the name of one person who has caused all this problem for me in the first place!

As an NTL / Telewest customer, I suffered lot of pain in the past (about 10 years ago) dealing with similar issues and it’s refreshing to see that the new Virgin management is as incompetent and negligent as the old cable companies so well done again! You really must have won several industry awards for these qualities.

Now enough of humour, on a slightly serious note, please respond to me on the following questions wither via email or telephone call within next 5 working days and please don’t send me a pre-written auto generated email which tells me how important I am to you (I already know that by now) and how you are working hard to resolve my problem (in reality you are working hard to make it harder for me).
                          I have given you my mobile number and my email address so you have no excuse not to get hold of me.

Things that I would like you to respond to are:

1. Why are you charging me for a service from the 15th June when the service was only activated on the 23rd June?
                          2. Why have you charged me for an instillation kit that you never sent me in the first place?
                          3. Why have you offered me broadband ‘S’ package instead of the agreed broadband ‘L’ package?
                          4. Why are you charging me £18 / month for the broadband service instead of the agreed price of £10/ month?
                          5. Why is it that there is only one person in your whole organisation who is able to fix this problem?
                          6. Where is this person and when will this problem be fixed?
                          7. Why is it that you wish to take all my details and yet are not willing to give me even the name of the person in your organisation who has caused this whole problem in the firs place?

I work as a contractor and charge my clients by the hour. I have now wasted over 3 hours of my time calling, checking details and writing this letter so I shall be holding you responsible for causing me all this grief, charging me for items and services you have not provided or are not providing as well as wasting my time due to your incompetence and negligence and as such shall be seeking extra compensation from you in due course.

Your’s truly of course!

Naveed

Joanne Jun 07, 2009

I have reported someone I know for stealing virgin media services, television and internet, they promised to do some thing about it. So far all they have done is cut her off, she then goes and gets her ex boyfriend to reconnect her. I have told them about this, but they say there is nothing they can do, How about all the people who pay for the service stop paying, afterall if one person can do it why can't the rest of us.

Liesbet May 12, 2009

I am extremely disturbed by the services Virgin Media provided to us in the past week of signing up.

Firstly we were notified and my boyfriend phoned back again to confirm that we are getting a V+ box, last night our box arrived and it is not a V+ box. He called Virgin today to ask why this is not a V+ box and the person told him we are not getting a V+ box. I don’t understand why you are told one thing when signing up and given another once you signed up and are stuck with the service provider.

We were given a number to dial to set up our broadband.

Firstly I had to phone 3 times, call one I have been cut off, call 2 the person took 7 times to write down my mobile number correctly after which I phoned back call 3 to ask why he was not phoning me back as he told me.

Finally getting through my boyfriend arrives at home and sees we have a V box and not a V+ box and no one could tell us why this was the case.

Being transferred to 7 different people in a matter of 1 hour and 17 minutes they told us no a technician must come out to have a look at the modem as it seems to be faulty. So how can this be faulty? We only got the box that same day!!! Being transferred to a technician he can’t seem to even assist us, my boyfriend had to repeat his questions several times. He asked him when we can expect a technician and then just silence.

Then the technician notifies us, we need to first buy a TV and connect a TV to have a technician come out and assist with broadband???? Now how is broadband and the TV related then? We told him we will get a TV Saturday morning why can’t we just book the technician now. He tells us no we have phone back and go through the whole above mentioned process again! My boyfriend agrees and I lost my temper and said I will phone back as this is unacceptable and why should we be treated like this!

I phoned back on the same number I dialled the first 3 times and the person tells me this is not the correct number I dialled. HOW? I just phoned this number three!!! Times!!!

We are frustrated! It is going to take an extra 2 weeks to sort this out now and I am not satisfied. I am extremely unhappy!
                          I have spoken to some other people and it seems to be a general problem with Virgin.
                          My best friend in South Africa had the same problem with Virgin Mobile, she wrote to some international customer complaints bureau after her issues were not sorted after months of trying.

I don’t understand why the people we dealt with are so incompetent?
                          We are paying for this service, we are new clients and it seems that once you sign the contract that is it ‘’one sale down and zero customer services to follow’’

I would like someone to follow up on this complaint as I feel like taking this further!
                          We have important administration to do by using an internet connection and this is inconveniencing our life!

steve Apr 23, 2009

My partner responded to VM's " upgrade modem " service where they so called upgrade your modem. I was using a surfboard motorola modem via a lynksyis router before and hand the usuall problems before hand but in all all worked generaly. I installed the modem and no connection. so i called their 151 number and got the usuall ethnic support which i coudlnt hear her and him due to they were to busy chatting to their friends and putting me on and off hold during the 25min call. I was calling to complain that my 20m line was working at 10m even through the VM modem, Support said the same old script " theres nothing wrong " it's your router contact them " . That is utter bull, no matter how i told these buffons what my connection was he was admiant that i had the full amount even though i had speed tested my connection from viable sites. I ended up ranting at him telling him that its Vm's fault for poor support and customer service and hanged up, to re install the motorola via my router and have my full connection.
                          The short of it is i think the new modem is a scam to limit customers bandwidth and still charge the full amount . to any other unfortunate VM customer dont bother installing the little black modems .

kencaland Apr 10, 2009

Easily worst company in the world, Rude, unhelpful and sometimes even HOSTILE.

I Pity anyone who believes the rubbish in there adverts, I don;t want ot be rude but why on earth are they called Virgin, they !!! people all the time.

uk-ites sucks!!! Feb 22, 2009

bring it on!!!

• Ne
                          neuro1985 Feb 09, 2009

Since October 2008 to the January 2009, I had been trying to transfer the internet into one of the new tennents as I was no longer living there as I had finished university.
                          I rang Virgin media and they promised to send out the paperwork so this could all be changed over. A month or two later nothing, I had to contact Virgin media again and ended up on the phone for ages trying to get them to sort themselves out, I was told they would send out the paperwork again. This time I waited month or so before I rang them again.
                          Apparently the paperwork had not been sent out, so I got them to do it again.
                          This had been a continual pain as I was having to go to my old house to get the paperwork and get it sorted.
                          Finally the internet had been transferred over but now I believe they are to cause me more gief as I have just recieved a letter from my old housemate dating back to the 5th of January 2009 asking for money at the value of £152, 22 as the last payment had not been paid.
                          I now have to get back in contact with Virgin media and fight this. It is there fault for not sending the paperwork, I had asked and asked and nothing had been happening.

Watch out Virgin Media I'm on a War Path!

• Th
                          Third Eye UK Jan 31, 2009

Virgin Media have extremely rude operators who threaten clients.

• Th
                          Third Eye UK Jan 31, 2009

So sorry to hear about the pensioner left penniless over Christmas due to Virgin Media. I presume this matter has not been resolved as yet, as Virgin Media prolong conflicts when they are in the wrong. I hope the pensioner has closed his Bank Account. That is the only way fraudsters such as the one discussed are unable to control your account.
                          Virgin Media charge an extra £5 if invoices are not paid by DDebit.
                          They charge a further £5 to send an invoice and guess what, a further £5 charge for administration
                          when you pay by card. This is not mentioned anywhere under their terms. I would suggest anyone
                          who has a contract with Virgin Media and problems such as the above, stop paying.
                          Let them take you to court, fight for your rights.

• Wa
                          Warnell Dec 22, 2008

PENNYLESS AT CHISTMAS.

In Speptember 08 I orderd virgin media, I requested it to be in three rooms. One to be
                          a v+box and two addistional set top boxes. When the engineer came on the 23/09/08 he said all I was down for was a v+box and one set top box. This was not what i orderd. I also asked for enough cable to be left as my tv was not staying in the corner because i had just moved into the flat and it was going to be moved. He told me he had already cut the cable, he said he woul be the engineer coming back to fit the extra set top box, and would leave enough on his return. I telephoned again and you wanted two charge me an extra £75 for the enginer too come back out, I explained I should not have to pay this as it was not my fault and they agreed this was right. The same engineer returned, I asked him for the cable and he said he didnt have enough on the van but as he only lived around the corner he would drop some off. He never came. I phoned customer services and agin you wanted to charge me £75 for the engineer to come out, again I did not agree with this as the job should have been done propally in the first place. Vigin yet again agreed. the engineer came on the 6/11/08 he gave me the extra cable. When I recived the bill you had charged me £75 for the engineer to come out. I phoned again the girl I spoke to removed the £75 from the bill, I asked her will I only have to pay£73.58 on the 9/12/08 she saidyes. So i made sure ther was enough funds in my bank to cover this. But you withdrew £148.88 insead of £73.58. The bank is charging me £22 every 5 days for being overdrawn. Tomorrow 22/12/08 this will amount to £66 bank charges. This has been caused by Vigin withdrawing to much. I am a disabled person living on a pension. and you have litually left me pennless over christmas my electric is about to go off as i dont have any money to go in so enjoy your chritmas.

casey Dec 09, 2008

I would like to know what is wrong with Virgin Media customer services. They are nothing of the kind. You cannot get through on the phone. Emails take 4 days at least to get a reply then its like they havnt really read it. I was told my broadband would cost £14.00 per month. Due to their appalling customer services they were supposed to put a credit on my November bill taking it to £11.80. When the bill arrived if was for £14.60 (why) I complained, eventually they said they would take it off the bill, they did, only £11.80 was taken, until the December bill when they added back on the amount they had taken off. ~So instead of my December bill being £14.00 as it should be its now £16.80, I complained yet again. Asked them to take this £2.80 off my bill so that only £14.00 is taken at the end of December, so what do they do, they credit it to Januarys bill. So now that bill should be £11.80, do we see a pattern forming here? I just know they wont do it right and Februarys bill will be £14.60 and we will be going round in circles for months. I am so sick of customer services. DOES ANYONE HAVE A HEAD OFFICE EMAIL ADDRESS, OR CHAIRMANS OFFICE, OR DIRECTORS OFFICE, anything but customer services.

gerry Dec 01, 2008

ive been with virgin media for 4 munths and i have to say it has been a nightmare . We get called daily from an 0845 number witch costs f nose how much they hang up everytime. mr branson should be ashamed overcharged over rateded services and down right dummies on the customer service department my kid could do a better job and she is only 4 ..
                          iam looking at other service providers and cant wait to get rid of vm
                          this company are rip off merchants daylight robbery mr branson had on his striped jumper wen he taken over ntl ..

• Ra
                          rachel Nov 25, 2008

I agree. I am an exisiting virgin media. I WAS NOT INFORMED THAT YOU CAN SAVE A WHOLE £9 a month by having an e-bill (a bill e-mailed each month) Get this they didn't tell anyone about this offer. When I rang then they said that they had and this was on my MAY bill. It wasn't written on it at all. This offcer has been since JUNE 2008 which I have been told by the customer services team. If i knew or was told then I want to save £9 a month saving of £108 a year. Does anyone know this. lol. ALWAYS READ SMALL PRINT WITH THEM. I am now registered for an e-mailed bill.

Virgin media are finding ways of unsuspecting people and the vulnrable who have trouble or no time to read there bills. I almost think that they are hoping that people don't notice to get there there extra funds. This is very immoral and wrong.

• Ra
                          rachel Nov 25, 2008

You have had a lucky escape: I received a general flyer through my door for Broadband medium £4.50 for 12 months and £9.00 thereafter with. £9 being the normal standard charge. I have also checked the internet for this the Same deal £4.50 for 12 months and £9 thereafter offer (plus a phone line of £11 being £20 a month) with free TV.
                          I rang virgin media. I am a current customer of Virgin and they do not inform you of the alternative cheaper ways of paying. They expect you to call them!!! She advised me that I would need to register for my bill on line to receive this promotion and receive this bill on line by e-billing. I told her that I was not aware of this. Aparently this was written on my MAy 2008 bill???? They LIED. This was not written anywhere.

If you pay by direct debit and recieve your bill on line you pay £9 . EXISTING CUSTOMERS RING UP AND ASK FOR THIS WAY OF BILLING. They were charging me £18 for the medium broadband and the new deal started for e-billing from JUNE 2008.

June 2008. Charged £18. £9 overcharged
                          July 2008. Charged £18, £9 overcharged
                          August 2008 Charged £18 £9 overcharged
                          September 2008 Charged £18 £9 overcharged
                          October 2008 charged £10 over charged £1
                          Total £37 refund.

VIRGIN - ERRRM WHAT TO SAY. WHEN YOU RING THE HELP NUMBER YOU USUALLY GET SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND ENGLISH. I would not recommend. TV, phone & Broadband have been ok, but if anything goes wrong and you need to ring them. oppppsssyyy - Not very helpful, no loyalty to existing customers. They blame you for not ringing and have a script of repating what they have already said. So the converstion goes no where. SKY IT MAY BE. My firnds have recomended. GO SKY. Not tried it yet.

• Mi
                          michael stillman Nov 01, 2008

i had a email from virgin saying about are phone service are phones are down again the 7 time this year i read the meassage from virgin saying that they will come on the 8 nov 2008 a week after i informed them of are problem we have got copper wire in the roed/payment up to house, as you no copper wire react to the earth in the ground, i told virgin time after time about this they don"t listern, they take your money but don"t give customer service back, as a big company like virgin they should hang
                          ther heads in shame saying that they work for virgin

UKGREY Oct 15, 2008

Just had one off them letters of guess who virgin caled late payment.. after paying couple of days ago..oh and a phone call telling me that they are going to cut the service. ### them they can cut it. Why the hell should we pay the extra £10.oo so called late change. even the banks has been told to hand the money back. Illegal payments without an court order. If you own one month they are on your back for the next months payment as well. Sounds about right for a tight ### boss of virgin.
                          RICHARD BRANSON. even there own people didnt get this one right after not looking at their own computer ... bill was 53.00 i paid 45.00 now bill is 107.00 but this is for next months payment... Virgin we give you cheap internet ... joke dont think so. Virgin like to give you theats over the phone telling you that they are going to cut your servers..and what pisses me off most is - they use India exchange to theating us.

BRANSON one day i hope you loose you business

• Ka
                          Karl Oct 14, 2008

I lost my serivce for 30 minutes during the grand prix, i called and spoke to a numpty in India who didnt understand complaint, he told me i am up to date with my bills and pay by DD, i asked for this to be escalated, he put me through to the tech people, young lady the same, didnt understand so asked to speak to her manager, guy came on and said "ok i'll register your complaint", i asked if he was a manager has he hasnt apologised or even asked my name he said "no" and hung up. I mailed the complaints team and waited about 5 days for a call from a young lady called domenic, she said "i apologise and this isnt the way virgin operates and that she will call me back the following day and arrange to sort out my prices to reflect poor customer service and keep me as a customer" i said "thanks", why o why did i believe her, no call, i waited until wednesday of the following week and called again, i was advised by arthur in there complaints section that domenic was off today and that he will pass my details for a manager to call me back, i waited until 5.45 pm, and then called back, arthur answered again, i asked for domenic at which he replied "im sorry she has just gone home" i asked about the manager that was going to call me, he stated "they have all just left" there phone states they are open till 6 and earlier domenic had been off all day yet he saw her go home about 5pm. I waited another week and still no call from domenic, so i called again and spoke to tom who advised me "domenic has just gone to lunch" i asked for a manager he said he would get one to all me straight back, i waited 1 hour and no call so i called and spoke to a young lady who then advised me that domenic is off sick and as been for about a week, i asked for a amaner and she advised he is in meeting but will get someone to call me back. About 11/2 hours later a woman called Jill phoned and had a very aggressive tone to her voice, i explained the problem and every time i spoke she interupted me and spoke over me, she advised me that "virgin media aim to give a high standard of customer seervice and at the end of each call the customr should go away feeling they have had thier problem resolved and are happy" I advised jill that she is coming over as aggressive and she stated "yes i am, this is how i have to deal with people like You"m, i thought i was the customer. I advised her that i am not happy (of which took me 10 minutes to get out as she kept interupting) and wanted a manager she stated "i am not escalating this to a manager has i have resolved your complaint and i am now closing it" i advised her that it is still open and she stated "if you want to leave when would you like your services to end" i advised her that i will be going to ofcom and she laughed and said "yes thats ok they need at least 250 complaints about the same thing" i thanked her for talking at me and hung up. i called ofcom who basically ahve no powers what so ever so are a waste of taxpayers money.

I will be seeing what sky or bt can offer in terms of price and products, to be honest the way virgin has treated me i would rather go back to the dark ages and have none of it... Richard Branson has got rich by not investing in customer care and treating his customers (vip customers) like ###... hope the recession his virgin big time and they go under, thier customer service staff losing thier jobs would make me smile, , , screw the lot of them...

Chris Sep 30, 2008

Solidarity brother... I don't even want to start on my personal tale of woe... Suffice to say, it isn't good, and I am left with a very poor opinion of Virgin. But what choice do we have if we want cable? Best thing to do would be to call Richard Branson, and ask him to help... hah! Mmmmmm

Ged Sep 12, 2008

Just a word of warning to anybody thinking of signing up to Virgin Media- DON'T! The way they treat customers is beyond belief and every single person that you speak to is trained to lie to you. The only other provider that comes anywhere near these idiots is NTL who also lie and Virgin own them. They regularly hang up on you when you provide them with details that they cannot argue their way out of. Branson's basically a swindler regardless of the image he likes to protray. STAY WELL CLEAR OF VIRGIN MEDIA!

• Kn
                          knickknack Aug 30, 2008

I have been a customer of virgin media since June 2006, within weeks of signing up i had problems with my TV transmission.
                          I experienced loss of TV channels and poor picture and audio of channels that were available.
                          I ended up watching analogue TV and had to book an engineer to come and sort the problem out.
                          The engineer arrived 5 days later, he spent about 1 hour fiddling around the box and the wiring .
                          When he left the TV was fine and i had all the channels that i pay for on my subscription.
                          I have since experienced many problems with my Internet service and TV, if the TV is not freezing the internet is not available.
                          When i phone it is more aggro please don, t subscribe to virgin media their customer service is next to nothing 0/0.

• Be
                          Bev Aug 30, 2008

Earlier this month my mother passed away. I rang VM to cancel her subsciption for her TV, Phone and Broadband Service. No problem. I was told that I was not to worry for a couple of weeks and to contact them when I felt I could make arrangements for the equipment to be collected. Fine. On the day of my mother's funeral an engineer called at her house on two occassions to collect the equipment, both times leaving a card saying that he'd called and the card stated that as we had not been there they would take legal action against us to recover their equipment. Obviously I was furious! I had made no arrangements with them and would have certainly not made them for the day of the funeral. I phoned the next day and spoke to a very apologic customers services lady. I also made an official complait through their website. In the meantime I made an appointment for the equipment to be collected. Last Friday at 1pm. Because of the problems I had it was agreed that I could have a fixed time appointment plus I also spoke to the engineer who would be coming and he said he would be there as near to 1pm as possible. Bearing in mind that my mother's house is a 45 minute drive, the house is empty and I have to take time off work to be there. I was there at 12.30. I waited until 3.30 and then rang customer services. I was told that no engineer would be coming. When I asked why I was told that there was a problem with the worksheets and no-one could come. Speechless and furious!!! I went home. On my way home my mother's neighbour rang and said that the engineer was at the house. He was threatening, agressive and rude and said that legal action would now be taken against us this time for £500. I asked my mother's neighbour is she would let him in to collect the eqipment as she has a key. Which she did. Thank goodnesss! Now I don't have to deal with them ever ever again! I have emailed the complaints department to tell them what happended and asked that they do not ring me or attempt to contact me otherwise I cannot be resposible for anything I might say... It's the most appalling display of poor customer service I have ever witnessed! Worse than BT! I think Virgin Media should hang their heads in shame!

MacAualy Aug 21, 2008

I have just had the exact same problem with customer services and I feel so frustrated it's daft, I am glad I am not the only one as you start to wonder was it in my head, when they pass you from one section to another!

• Al
                          Alison Aug 21, 2008

I had endless problems with my installation

the customer service is terrible - all the people on the other end of the phone can do is agree how crap the service is and advise you to leave

yesterday i spent an hr being bounced around as they couldn't even find my account

I would NEVER recommend them - I am leaving them the very minute my contract expires

DON"T USE THEM - DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT - THEY ARE THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS

steve Aug 07, 2008

hi you would by any chance have the telephone no of virgrn at swansea or their e.mail address thank you

• Di
                          Diane Aug 06, 2008

Moved from previous address with this telephone number in May but not able to move to new address with this number until 4 July where I wished to continue my Virgin telephone and broadband contract. Notified Virgin customer services but recd emai stating I would be charged cancellation fees. Telephoned customer services - on phone over 30 minutes passed to 5 different people - eventually they agreed I could revert to dial-up service and would not be charged cancellation. mid July notified Virgin I had moved, had a BT line installed and this number was up and running - could I be reinstated with my telephone and broadband contract - had to hve a new contract at least one year - agreed to this - couldnt connect me due to Virgin service upgrade - told would be complete by last Friday 1 August when I would be contacted. No contact - rang Virgin again - told upgrade delayed further few days, someone would ring. Monday 4 August again rang Virgin - Jonathan Crisop said upgrade taking place 5 August and it could be up to 10 days before I get a new contract - he could not guarantee when I will receive Virgin broadband service. Discussed whether I would move to another provider - today on dial-up realised Virgin had emailed me last week stating I had cancelled my contract - I HAVE NOT CANCELLED IT YET - WHEN WILL I GET SOME SERVICE AND A PROPER ANSWER FROM YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICES PEOPLE? TODAY NO-ONE IS ANSWERING THEIR TELEPHONES.

daniel pamphlett Aug 04, 2008

In the last year Virgin and Mr. Branson have made it their sole purpose to give me an ulcer!
                          ###ed ### Up No. 1 - My phone was cut off for 3 weeks. Upon speaking to Virgin they informed ME that I had moved!! This of course was news to me. It took 5 calls and 4 days before I could speak to an adult to make them understand that I still lived where I lived.
                          ###ed ### Up No. 2 - 3 weeks after that first bit of blinding stupidity my phone was diverted to some random strangers mobile. Once again I had to argue with some drooling phone monkey who had left his cerebum at home that day. This took 1 week to sort.
                          ###ed ### Up No. 3 (Still ongoing) - They have now cut all my services off. The reason (drum roll please). They have informed ME once more that I am moving. I have now been without anything for 5 days. I have had 7 phonecalls with different phone monkies who have all told me "24 hours". I even had one imbecile tell me that Virgin aren't that great and I'd need to join as new customer!!
                          If anyone knows how I can make my voice heard please make a suggestion as the only idea I can think of is getting a rather large gent to skullfu*k Mr Branson!

• El
                          Elin Jul 15, 2008

Never ever use Virgin if you have a choice.
                          Worst service I have ever come across. Customer service is appaling.

matt Jul 14, 2008

been with virgin media for 3 months & i am leaving as they are not ### but ffffin ### - i like most others have spent hours speaking with absolute prats or should i say paki ### = my service is most appalling ever 0.1 of a mb when i should be getting 6 mb what a shambles - & tell me why this is when i got a poor service why should i be the one spending 25p a min to tell them to sort it out - richard branson has the name & obviously doesnt give a damn about its product - i was better with blueyonder english customer service etc etc - well im off branson so go stick all your sevices where the sun dont shine !!!

• Yv
                          Yvonne Jul 06, 2008

i can honestly say i have had every problem that everyone else on here has had, i've been with them since oct 07 and had 1 correct bill the rest all over charged me, my tv often says 'service unavailable'' i hate VM with a passion, im surprised i haven't had a heart attacked with how frustrated i get when on the phone to people at that company, there is not 1 good thing about virgin. not even the managers have any authority and i think even if they did there '' i dont give a ### attitude'' wouldnt help anything get solved. i have requested to leave and was told i couldnt because i was in a contract, to me a contract is between to people me and virgin, if i have to keep to my terms which is paying for what i signed up for then surly they should keep to there terms and offer a serviec because at the minute the offer f all, excuse my french i rarly swear but this company has turned me into a rather negative person. I BELIEVE THEY ARE BREAKING THEIR PART OF THE CONTRACT SO I SHOULD BE ABLE TO LEAVE WITH OUT PAYING THEM FOR THE PRIVALIDGE, THEY DONT THINK SO... GGGGRRRRRR

• Aa
                          AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Jul 02, 2008

Crap Service, Crap Company, Crap Crap. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Sam Neil Jul 02, 2008

Virgin medai is the on of the best providers, they have some good features also. Virgin media gives the best value Packages and excellent discount which no other company in the Uk does. Virgin also has excellent Customer service which helps you 24/7

Pete Jun 19, 2008

Having received a bill for double my monthly tv rental I attempted to contact virgin media to ask why my rental had doubled? eventually I got through to their call center in Delhi and was informed it was because I was now being charged for the line rental... after having the service for over 10 years. I then tried to contact the cancellation team and was left on hold for over 20mins, it wound me up so much I put the phone down and went to my bank, canceled my direct debit and signed up for sky who have a fantastic customer service. I sent a letter to cancel my account and low and behold six weeks later I get a bill for late payment and another months rental, to cut a long story, I am now receiving threatening letters from Microsoft debt recovery telling me I, m going to court if I don't pay! Ive contacted them five times to tell them to go ahead. It seems like their customer service is about as good as Virgins. I am sure if Mr Branson knew how crap one of his companies is performing he'd be none too pleased A point to note, if you want to get through to someone at Virgin in the U.K. call the payment line and strangely, you get through after about 4 rings, every time. I have always associated Virgin with a service for the people, my vision has definitely been blurred. I would love to hear of anyone else's bad dealings with V.M.

manon Jun 17, 2008

My son rang yesterday to confirm a second installation at his home and instead they cancelled it, he has lost a days salary waiting for them and they say they cant come back for 8 days. It is disgusting service. I have advised him to move elswhere.

Kevin Roper May 22, 2008

Virgin Media is by far the worst company i have ever dealt with. Telewest were TV gods compared to these ###s. I have no idea what Bransons aim is with this part of his busniess but its failing spectaculary. I'm plagued with internet faults, tv faults, billing faults, ###s in call centres who read from a script rather than assist. a totally pathetic email support, who after 2 days without broadband offered £1.70 as compensation... now my cable box decides to switch its self off and screw about whilst i'm trying ot watch something, did it twice during the Chelsea V Man United game... genius

If it wasn't for the DSL broadband i'd have left a long time ago. I wouldn't recommend any of virgins services after my experiences with these cretins.

Come back Telewest! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE!!!

• Bi
                          Bill Tanner May 19, 2008

so if i want to be as rich as Richard Branson, i set up a company (maybe broadband) and employ indians who cant speak english to deal with technical and other problems, i adopt a totally immoral dont care attitude to customers, make an absolute fortune, and while i lie on the beach do i think of customers (like me) who are bordering on heart attacks wasting their only day off out of 14 tryin to get tv back ??
                          btw i hope all employees of richard branson call him mr. Richard. they call me mr william.

Mr Ladfrombrad Apr 18, 2008

I've been a Telewest/VM customer for nigh on 9 years now, and ever since the Virgin conglomerate Media took over, not only has the technical support turned into a playground full of dole dossers/Indian techies../arrogant Cockney fks who do not have a clue what there on about and try to fob you off with flimsy excuses, I find myself having to pay 25p/min to ring these idiots. Not only that but when I try to ring the premium number from my`Virgin Media` contract phone I'm told this apparent `Customer service` number is barred from my VM phone!!!

Now I don't know if there making enough money out of me from my £37 a month bill, but getting charged to ring them informing them I have a fault with my line is nothing short of scandalous . I pay money for a service, and when I have a problem I get charged for this pile of custard which are supposed to be`Technical Support`. Truly disgusting Mr Branson. I will be seriously, but begrudgingly has to be noted as Telewest were flawless in their service, considering changing my ISP .

Such as shame because the UK ISP market is a ripoff full of money grabbing fat cats. When will we see anything of the likes of Sweden's Bredband service, with FTTP at reasonable prices. I pay £37 a month for a 20Mb/s(DL)/0.75Mb/s(UL) which pales in comparison to our European counterparts service.

My options for a new ISP, Sky? Orange?(Not a hope)? Tiscali? God forbid BT. Even though I'm going to have to pay BT for a copper wire phone line which I DO NOT WANT OR NEED, at £11 a month, just to receive broadband from one of these other suppliers.

Truly and utterly appalling. Shame on you I'm one for the people Mr Richard Branson.

• Cr
                          craig baker Apr 18, 2008

same has happened to me virgin applied 1 years worth of late payments for no reason to my credit file. I paid them on time by direct debit turned out it was becuase i was specifying a date for the DD which made every bill late in effect.

So im also not credit worthy only ever had virgin cant get credit card or anything due to them and im still with virgin but not for much longer if i can get with another service provider, i think they do it so ya cant move services has bt and sky carry out credit checks but that might just be me throwing me dummy semising the reasons.
                          Whatever reason there doing it for you can be sure its to make more money than they should ive lost count how many times ive been overcharged and most often than not the phone bills incorrect we tested it for 1 week dilebrately didnt use the phone used our mobiles and in that week they reckon the phone made 30 + calls ????? so hows that work then.

Be carefull and dont use them they are as bad as people say and you dont get the bandwidth speed either so you dont even get a decent service and the tv always lags and crashes the only thing that stays on is the phone probably becuase this is the one service that they can increase the bill on.

Mr W.J.Grey Mar 08, 2008

I have made a complaint via here but it would not submit and i could not get a spell check and i am not doing it again in a nut shell your service as a lot to be desired.
                          W.J.Grey

• Sk
                          S. Koivu Feb 21, 2008

Wow, what a total muckery! I have never in my life seen such a laundry list of complaints against one company! I hope you guy's are highly successful in sticking this crap right in Mr. Branson's well trimmed ear! I can see how this ripoff artist made is millions. I wonder if the Royal family can revoke his title of "Sir" as it is totally shameful what he has perpetrated against these citizens. More power to you guy's and good luck!

roxanne armitage Feb 14, 2008

I have been chased for a year by lots credit companies and solicitors for bills that I do not owe (for advanced rental after I left them on 4th January 07.) It is their error but they do not seem able to sort it out. I contacted everyone each time I got phone calls and letters to no avail. My credit file was affected a year after I left them and I have been rejected for credit because of Virgin. Have been v distressed and angry about this. Be v careful! In the end I contacted Information Commission (data protection act) and Ofcom who have contacted Virgin Media as a high level complaint because I ended up being completely uncredit worthy!!

ian gosnell Feb 07, 2008

I rang virgin media on 01/02/08 and wanted to join them and have a virgin media package for TV, Broadband and telephone, he was very helpful and as the property we have just moved into already had the connections we could have a quick start package which would be delivered to us on the 05/02/08, great we will go for that. Tuesday 05/02/08 arrives and despite advising me it would be an all day delivery UPS turn up with my package at about 9.45 am ish, brilliant i thought as i hastily unwrapped my package, read instructions which were fool proof and once connected rang the quick start hot line. the young lady then asked for my account number plus the serial numbers for the equipment, i gave her the details and she said it would take about 15 mins for the signal to be received and would ring me back, ok but before you go the phone is not on yet no problem she replied it should be on by 1.00pm ok great. then someone phoned me back and said that the TV box they had sent me wouldn’t work but they had dispatched a new one and i would receive the next day, sorry for that ok i said, oh and also your phone needs an engineer he can come out Friday or Saturday, ok send him Saturday please, ok sorry about this sir, so on to 06/02/08 i sat and took another day off waiting for TV box after about 1.00pm i rang to enquire as to the wear about of my package the reply was they had no idea as it was a manual dispatch and it would be there by 3.00pm ok i said and duly sat and waited again 5.00pm came and still no package, rang them again and now told they had till 7.00pm to deliver, i protested and said this is costing me a fortune in lost income and mobile phone calls, he then advised well you should be ok on the 16/02/08 as your phone will be on then, what i said they told me sat 09/02/08 no your appointment is the 16/02/08. i said I’m not happy about this, in that case sir i will put you through to customer service and they should be able to change date ok, he puts me through i have to explain everything again and she says sorry you need to go back to quick start which she promptly does. i go back to quick start and then have to explain it all again, after doing so he tells me i need to speak to customer service i give up and end call. i than phone customer service where a person called Dan takes my complaint and promises to investigate and get back to me, guess what no TV box turns up no return call. so here we are 07/02/08 i wait in until 1.00pm and still no TV box and no return call, so i phoned customer service again and asked to speak to a manager, if you tell me what it's about sir first, so again i explain everything through, sorry about that sir i will Email Dan to find out what’s going on and make sure he rings you and I’m on until 8.30 pm tonight and will ring you as well to make sure you have been contacted. Well ok i said and guess what nobody rang me back the TV box has still not arrived and i have never experienced such poor customer service not just poor but a blatant disregard for people or the stress and money they cost them.

• Aj
                          ajay sharma Feb 05, 2008

hi

there people its me Ajay im new to this ive had virgin media for 6 or 7 months now.There service is so crap its unbelievable. i use to be with sky i had no problems.I want to get it canceled.someone plz tell me how to get it cancelled the easy waY. I HAVE XL TV,M BROADBAND,M TELEPHONE ,AND SKY SPORTS

THEY CHARGE 76 POUNDS A MONTH WHEN IT SHOULD BE 48

PLZ HELP TO CANCEL CONTRACT WITH VIRGIN SO I MOVE TO SK AGAIN.

linda Jan 28, 2008

The worst customers service i have ever seen do yourself a faver dont sign with them!!!

Mr James Ransford Jan 17, 2008

I agree. My virgin broadband is running at 24k!! It's a disgrace!

Stephanie Margot Jan 16, 2008

In November 2007 I asked Virgin Media to give me a broadband contract in my flat. When I got the box at home I spent hours on the phone with their customer service because it wouldn't work... after many phone calls I canceled by phone the contract since I wasn't receiving the service. On the 21november, Virgin debited 19,99 Sterling pounds from my bank account and never gave me back the money (even if they told me on the day I canceled, they would return the money in the next few days.It has been almost 2 months and my money hasn't been returned.

I would also like to complain of the fact that Virgin Media contacted my telephone provider (BT) and without my authorization canceled my telephone contract. I had to deal with the paperwork and phone calls to BT to stay with them but I consider Virgin Media to be thieves and in a country of rights I think they should not only pay 19.99 Sterling to me but also they should face the court for canceling my contract with BT without my authorization.

lisa hargreaves Jan 14, 2008

i hate virgin media i have been with thesame company for 13 years since i was calld cable and wireless then ntl now virgin media
                          ever since it changed to virgin media i have had nothing but problem after problem and over priced bills
                          i have spent many many hours on the mobile phone because first my phone line had a fault then nobody would do anything so i refuse to pay thinking they might fix itbut instead they cut me off so i pad the bill then had to pay a double bill because they classed me as a new customer so i paid that and went away this christmas to come back to another bill so i called and said i'd pay by credit car tomorrow night when my partner is back from work they said that was fine but have now cut my phone and tv off

i'm so sick and tired of this company and none of them care they only care about taking money

do anyof you know the direct complaints email addess for virgin media becaus no matter how many times call none of them will help

• Vi
                          violet maloney Jan 09, 2008

My phone has been out of order since 27.12.07,it is now dead, after 2 technicians, first one telling me all is ok now, second my phones will have to be renewed, and it would have to be rewired, and he said he wouldn't touch the bt wiring with a barge pole, he fitted an old ring tone phone wich did work for a time, calls only lasting 4/5 mins before cutting off, it is now completely dead.The date is 9.1.08, a technician is due 14.1.08. in the meantime I have to use a mobile (very expensive)I was with bt for 55years,no trouble, what the hell have I done changing to the rubbish.

• Ri
                          richard livesey Jan 07, 2008

i have been with virgin media since november i got the large package with 2 neg bb. a representative rang me sayin o we can give u 4 services for £40 quid so i said hey yeah go on then what they did't tell me was my bill was gonna jump from £30 to £160 and then i would end up spending £150 ringing them up to complain and sort it out i have emailed them 3 times wrote 2 letters to them and rang more than 200 times and i'm still waiting for them to sort it out 3 months later

• Ed
                          Edward Griffith Jan 02, 2008

Was with NTL and unfortunately now VM. Appalling service. Cannot get through to customer services by telephone. Over charged regularly and broadband is way too slow. TV sticks from time to time. Their filmflex service (pay to view) will just simply break. These issues are impossible to rectify as you simply cannot get through to anyone.

The broadband support team now charges 25p per minute and you are put through to a call center in india (probably). I'm pretty sure penguins know more about computers than these nitwits. They'll also promise to call you back and just never do it if the problems too difficult. Basic English skills would help too. You become very conscious of the 25p per minute when you have to explain what a desktop is.

I can't believe branson put his name to this one. The telephone staff are rude and will put you on hold for 30 minutes before hanging up on you. This has happened more times than I can remember despite me trying to complain in a very polite/reasonable fashion. The entire service is a joke. Do not bother with them!!!

I intend to swap asap. Avoid - this company is a complete disaster!

Marina Taylor Jan 01, 2008

Its New Years Day and we have had no TV all day!

• Gu
                          Guy Chapman Dec 23, 2007

I need to post my current experience with Virgin Media and make the strongest of warnings about anyone thinking of using them ... basically, be severely warned that these people are the worst company I have ever dealt with bar none.

I was using Tesco broadband quite happily when I spotted an offer from Virgin saying I could get fast connection for a tenner a month. "Hmm this sounds good" I thought, and respected the Virgin brand name because Mr Branson appeared to be a nice guy."

So, hang on to your seats, this is my story ...

I took the bait and switched from Tesco to VM on 17th October 2007. I was told a modem would be sent to me.

[Activation +3] 20th October: I had heard/received nothing so I made a courtesy call to VM enquiring when they thought activation would happen. I was told, to my surprise that I was already enabled but I had not received, and neither was I given over the phone any login or account details. (Question to self ... " how do I login then without login details?").

[Activation +5] 22nd October: Tesco service ceased. Am now without any internet at all.

[Activation +7] 24th October: VM rang me to see if I had received anything yet. I said no. She said she'd send me a "start up disc" and would re-order a modem and was advised it'd be received within 48 hours. She a;so said I'd receive £10 refund because of lack of service.
                          I asked if someone from their technical dept could speak with me to help set my account up over the phone but she said they were all busy and it was "unlikely" anyone would ring me. She was accurate because nobody did ring me.

[Acivation +9] [still no service...] 26th October: Spoke to the woman from VM again. She did send me a disc, but it was not a "start up disc" as promised; it was a modem driver. Great - totally useless! I re-requested an engineer speak with me because this was getting beyond a joke and I know it could be done manually over the phone. She arranged for an engineer to ring me, which he did, and I managed to get my internet working.

However, I was not informed how to get email working, so the Virgin address they gave me was worthless.

Later in the evening of the 26th October as I tested the connection I was pleased to note that it indicated in had a 7.2 meg connection. My Tesco one had been showing as 2.2 so this was quite good. However ... I don't know what the problem was but latency was literally ten times worse than Tesco. In addition to this I kept getting dropped off-line and it was maddening! With Tesco I had only ever been disconnected two or three times in 2 years!!!

I wasn't able to play any games online, pages were SLOWER than dialup and I finally broke ... the service had been rubbish and I realised I had made a big mistake changing from my old reliable ISP so I rang Virgin and said I was most unhappy and wanted to cancel.

The man I spoke to stated the cancellation would take 30 days but there'd be no charge because I was within a 7 day cool off period. This was correct because they said I was activated on 20th Oct and I was cancelling within 7 days of this time.

But...

On Moday 29th October [Activation +12] I received a call from VM to ask if I had received a modem yet and I said no. I also stated I was very unhappy with their service and had already cancelled. Nobody had told me how to use my email, the lag was not even up to dial up speed, I kept getting disconnected, I hadn't received any details how to use my email and basically it wasn't good enough.

She then said there would be a cancellation charge but I said this was unreasonable, and besides which I was already informed there was to be NO charge. She said I could not cancel without a fee because I was outside the 7 day cool-off period but I countered this by stating it was totally meaningless to give a 7 day cool-off period if, during that time, no service had been received. If the connection date was the 20th and I rang to cancel on the 26th it WAS within the cool-ff period. If the connection date was sooner, then I was technically outside the 7 day cool-off BUT how unreasonable to excpect me to pay for a service I had not actually received!

I asked for a contact name from their complaints department. I was not given one so I asked for a senior person from her office and she said there was no senior person I could speak to, I had to contact their complaints dept ... argh .... so am I to assume Virgin Media have no team leaders or supervisors at their offices where we speak to their staff? She kept on talking over me and wouldn't even give me a name from their head office to complain to, and not even the company's most senior manager or director. She then put the phone down on me as I argued with her why I felt this was unreasonable.

I subsequently rang VM again to ask for a MAC number and was told that I owed them £114.33 for non-payment of account. What! I briefly explained why this was not the case and she said I'd be emailed a MAC anyway within a few days.

TWO WEEKS later I still had received no MAC so I rang again and asked why not. The chap I spoke to admitted no such request had been made to email me a MAC but he'd give me one over the phone. Great ...

Not ...

It was invalid. I spoke to BT about getting internet with them and they needed a MAC. I gave them the MAC but they said it was invalid and that Virgin had blocked my line so I was unable to get ANY internet provider until it was removed. I was by now VERY unhappy with things and had to revert to dial up with Waitrose because BB was now unavailable. BT informed me I could ring VM for a new MAC.

I rang VM for a new MAC. VM said they cannot give me a MAC because they don't supply my internet service ... I asked them why they had blocked my line and they said they'd arrange for it to be done.

They didn't.

Today is 23rd December and I am still using dial up. I have arranged for Tesco to resupply BB for me because now the line is unblocked.

But ...

I wrote a long letter to Virgin about my experiences. They never replied. Yesterday, Saturday 22nd December 2007, I received a FINAL NOTICE from Garlands Debt Collectors which said they have been instructed by Virgin Media to "issue legal proceedings to collect the outstanding balance on your account".

They are also after interest on that amount!!!

How can this be a final notice when it is the first notice from this agency, who I have never of and have had no dealings with. VM never replied to that letter of mine and have dropped this on me out of the blue.

I have mailed Garlands this morning, Sunday23rd, to say please do not preceeed because I am going to get back to VM and ask them what the hell is going on. I shall also seek advice from the Ombudsman and Citizens Advice and a lawyer, if able.

If anyone reading this is in any doubt as to what sort of service they can expect from Virgin Media, then you can reasonably expect a very very frustrating time. Now I am threatened with a debt collector I am seriously displeased and am prepared now to lock swords with this awful company in court if necessary because I will NOT be bullied.

If anyone is able to advise me how to proceed or who to speak to next them I shall be delighted to hear from you, please email me on [email protected] Anyone with legal knowledge or any help whatsoever .. please help me, I am in a bad situation and not sure how to get out of it.

I have never ever had dealings with a debt collector, it makes me feel like a criminal and I want to make sure Virgin Media are exposed for the company they are ... truly unprofessional and rude and bullies to boot. I am prepared to speak to BBC's Watchdog program about this.

Be warned people ...

Help and advice badly needed.

Thanks for reading this far ...

Guy

Darren Husselbe Dec 21, 2007

I think that the service provided by virgin is absolutely obismal. You are passed from pillar to post between people who can't even speak english or understand it. I have had an ongoing problem for 16 weeks now and im still no closer to getting it sorted out, and when the engineers eventually do show up all they do is check the signal strength.

Iain Howie Dec 10, 2007

No picture but sound. Can't send engineer out for 2 working days. And only offered £5 compensation. What a load of sh*t.

Angie Stock Dec 05, 2007

Worst mistake we ever made was sign up with them!!

• Fr
                          Fred Sagen Dec 04, 2007

[email protected]

I have reason to believe (as a result of private conversations) that Virgin Media’s problems are rather more serious and widespread than previously realised.

Apparently, a significant number of their customers (at least in the Plymouth area) are being treated as persistent defaulters despite being blameless of any default or breach of contract.

It would also seem that it is Virgin Media’s strategy in dealing with the problem to maintain a state of denial and keep previously valued customers in a state of perpetual frustration.
                          This, I presume, in their mind keeps the ball in the customers’ court, obviating the need to address the nightmare of their own incompetence.
                          The one flaw in this strategy is that, by all accounts, the problem started more than twelve weeks ago with failures to notify customers of their impending Direct Debit payments.
                          Twelve weeks, you will recall, is the minimum period a dispute with an ISP must be ongoing before a complaint can be made through ISPA (www.ispa.org.uk - the trade association of which Virgin Media is a registered member).
                          The chickens are coming home to roost… in flocks!

With only ten days to resolve complaints submitted by this route Virgin Media staff must be feeling like headless chickens themselves and customers with disputes less than twelve weeks old must suffer the delay-and-deny tactics previously alluded to.

How this company hopes to survive the loss of so many disgruntled customers that such tactics generate or attract new customers in the wake of the inevitable adverse publicity that consumer rights activists will justifiably make of this is beyond me.

One would think the prospective damage to the reputations of Sir Richard Branson and the Virgin group of companies ought to be sufficient reason for Virgin Media to ‘come clean’ and desist from treating blameless customers in such a contemptuous manner but there is currently no sign of any will to admit their error.

Ian Williams Dec 04, 2007

Was with Virgin Mediafor 2 years (TV & Phone) had no end of problems, finally lost the plot 2 months ago and went to Sky.
                          Its great they turned up when they said, the box works, they bill correctly... Superb! Well done Sky your showing Branson the way. But the curse of Virgin Media has come back to haunt me, paid my last bill by DD then got a horrendous letter from a debt recovery company saying that i have 7 days to pay Virgin or i go to court!

Problem is this bill has been paid, i have had no letter off them saying whats is for. Can't get any sense out of Virgin as being a ex-customer i have no rights. this just reeks of a big company throwing its weight around! FOR ALL OF YOU WHO READ THIS TELL VIRGIN WHERE THEY CAN SHOVE THERE MEDIA PACKAGES. AND BE WARNED THE CHARLATANS WONT LET YOU LEAVE WITHOUT THE OBLIGATORY THREAT OF TAKING YOU TO COURT.

Geoff Nov 27, 2007

I very nearly purchased the bargain bundle of Broadband, telephone and FREE TV. And all for £20. Everything would have gone ahead had I not been telephoned by the company to be told that they had not received all of my details correctly. They had managed to get my name and address and telephone number but they claimed to need more info. I suspect that this was just a ruse to get me to change to a higher priced package. Now I realise that I may have chosen the loss leader package but that is what I wanted. The offensive salesman suggested that I might have had problems submitting my order on line so I told him to CANCEL it. He was rather taken aback even when I suggested that a company which is about to provide me with broadband services did look very competent when it couldn't process online orders. After looking at this site and the complaints listed I think I have had a lucky escape. One more thing, why it there no e-mail address given on the site for people to use to complain or cancel their orders?

UK Nov 18, 2007

Could anyone tell me how to sue Virgin Media for their appalling and pathetic telephone service?

Mr Jonathan Parker Nottingham Nov 15, 2007

Hand on heart I have experienced every single complaint that I've read on this page from 'Virgin Media'. I'm not normally an active or impolite sort of chap, but I am constantly lied too by so called customer service people at virgin. I am told absolutely stupid tales i.e. All of my services were disconnected because according to Virgin I had not paid a bill. When I called to inquire what bill? I got them to agree that the bill in question had not even been sent. I suggested 'so why no phone call or letter stating that there was an issue and that my services were liable to be cut off?'. Here is the 'peach' and yes I have it recorded(you have to record everything to protect both your integrity & your sanity with Virgin). I quote verbatim ' We did send you a letter Mr Patker, 4 days ago that stated quite clearly that unless the bill was paid your services would be suspended' I replied I have received no such letter, response 'I know it normally takes 5 days from processing to th customer receiving any letter'. Hold on I said, do you understand what you have just said to me? Yes, & does it make sense to you? No, so why are you telling me this rubbish about a letter posted 4 days ago that gave me three days warning that you know will take five days to get to me? Because that's what I'm told to tell you!! and remember, at this stage they had already accepted that the bill in question had not even been sent to me yet? I asked, do you not feel like a fool imn this conversation? response 'no need to be rude Mr Parker!!'.
                          The end result for me is that I am about to loose all my services for a bill that I have not received that has not been paid. I am two years into an open university course on web application development, final exams are coming up, it is impossible for me to continue the course let alone do the finals if I don't have internet services. I am disabled and being house bound reliant on th estate for my keep, which I find embarrassing and a little degrading. Trying to re-train so I can at least get work from home. Because of Virgin Media my life is now in shambles, I do not sleep & I don't mind admitting that for two days I have done nothing but cry as I watch years of hard work simply come to nothing. As a side note, I've not had a working on demand service for 6 weeks, The bill that did arrive has charges on that Virgin also accept that I should not have been charged for & like many & I'm sorry to say this, but it's true. Customer service staff who tend to be based in India simply tell bare faced lies. I have not had this problem when sometimes I get a English customer services person.

I want them to take me to court, I want to find others who have suffered like I have and seek legal advice about brining a 'class' action against Virgin with a view to forcing them to withdraw all of it's services until such a time that as a company they can show that they are capable of running a credible organization. I would also certainly like to seek compensation & damages for what this organization has done to my life.

If there are others who would consider as a group taking Virgin Media to court then please e-mail me (I pause) I won't have an e-mail to use within the next 24 hours!!. Honestly I don't want to live anymore

nix Nov 12, 2007

I agree virgin is totally ###. If Banston know what was going on with his company he would be totally embarrassed!

angela Nov 11, 2007

I have tried complaining on phone, email, and am getting no were I went with virgin thinking Richard Branson was a decent guy who was a amazing business man and really cared about his customers. The letters informing us about his problems with sky and keeping us up to date I thought this is a guy we can trust and told all my friends and family to sign up.

NOW I just feel so used and my services are still all over the place. And the tech support team ha ha free 150 when will it end why Richard why we trusted you and believed in you.

mark blackburn Nov 10, 2007

I have had similar problems with my so called "on demand" plus one or two of my channels that i am paying for and i don't get it. I am paying about £28 just for the movie channels not to mention the internet and phone line and to notice that a new movie channel has sprouted up and i haven't got it. So i call up and and ask why not as i am paying for the movie to me told that its mark of another package that will cost me another £25 so that was a no no.

My internet is in my wifes bank account and tv n phone in mine. On two diff systems for sum reason the internet is on a diff system only to find that they have been charging both our accounts for the intenet. £18 x 6 months they owe us £108 and its looking doubtful i ever gunna get that money back.

So mister branson no wonder you so rich next time you go for a slap up meal it seems like its on me.

• Jt
                          jt Nov 03, 2007

My experience,

I signed up on-line for virgin broadband and waited... after two months I realized these guys have no intention of connecting my internet. So I signed up on-line again and still nothing!!! Even though I get an email saying they are dealing with it. So finally I phoned them up and asked what is happening? They said they are unable to trace the order because it is in a different department so I signed up for the third time, but this time over the phone and finally my internet was connected ;)

Anyway... I signed up for a 10.00 pounds a month cable internet service. Here is what I have been charged so far:

28 August 2007 15.00* pounds installation fee.
                          06 September 2007 43.71 pounds.(of which 25.00* pounds is installation fee)
                          04 October 2007 18.68 pounds.
                          02 November 2007 13.00 pounds.

* Note I have been charge the installation fee twice.

So far I have spent over 40.00 pounds on my pay as you go phone to call virgin. That aside my internet was disconnected for 4 days until they fixed it and they offered me 2.50 as the service outage compensation. I have phoned them up multiple times and each time they tell me they have fixed the problems with overcharging me and that I will not have to pay anything for the next few months but every month its the same story all over.

Now I know how Richard Branson became rich. He sets up direct debits to people's bank accounts and steals as much as he pleases. Then as everyone complains on the phone, not only does he make money on the services they "offer" but also on the customer support services. I believe this might be intentional and underhanded way to charge us more through our phone bills. This seems to be good method to finance the customer support department.

The only reason I signed up with Virgin was that so I would have to pay less as I am a poor student, but I have paid much more than I would have with any other internet service provider, plus the internet outage, plus my time and the stress they have given me.

I asked them: "Can I cancel my contract?"
                          They said "no"
                          I asked them "what if I just cancel my direct debit?"
                          They said: "They will send a debt collector around"
                          I said: "This is robbery!"

So basically they are robbing me and there is nothing I can do about it :( Either I am really unlucky or Virgin services are really really bad. I have placed my customer account number here as proof. That everything I stated are facts.

Virgin Customer Account number - [protected].

joanne shiels Oct 19, 2007

I can beat all complaints, moved house in July had services connected or so I thought. Actually moved into property on sept3rd but had no services. I had been sold services costing 56.00 tv, broadband, phone and extra boxes. None of them worked. Paid bill of 55,00 sept 6, still no services. Paid another bill 27th Spt for 94.00 had tv services but still no others Complained at least 3 times and engineer was sent to connect phone but not other services, Finall got phone Oct 2nd. During this period was the famous transition where you could not contact Virgin. Finally got broadband on 8th Oct, but still no boxes working in bedrooms. Complained again and was offered 10.00 discount. On Oct 12th received bank statement stating that Virgin had helped themselves to a staggering 155.00 of my money a day before i paid the 94.00. Called and was promised my account would be credited this Thursday 18th, but guess what no money, called again yesterday was told had to wait another 48hours as they had only just received the complaint. Waited until today and called back, on phone for 2 hours was told that I actually owed them money as since the transition they could not offer me the same services for the money I had been quoted price of new monthly bill 114.00. Finally agreed to credit our account of 94.00 and took all bank details and promised money would go straight back into account but yet again a lie. At the end of my tether called again as was told that there was no way I was going to be credited into my bank and was told to call my bank to get an indemnity so that I could get money back. Bank said that could not be done so finally they have been reported for fraudulently using my bank details. So everyone beware!

stephen leat Oct 15, 2007

My Bills have been going up and up every month, i have been a blue yonder customer for 3 years' ish and i have always paid 19.95 a month including all my calls and two meg broadband. Ever since virgin took over the bills have risen i complained on lots of occasions and was assured it was all sorted they told me the offer i was on had simply expired and i would be put on a new deal with credit. Sounded great until the next bill, now i have had enough and want to disconnect and guess what... i get a message saying sorry we are experiencing a high demand of calls at the moment please call back and the line goes dead. This is a line dedicated to disconnections!!

Beware!

Mr R S Bhatla Oct 11, 2007

I keep getting promises which are not fulfilled.

I was just paid £ 60 for the errors. Today i rang about Broadband and are told to pay £ 60 where as the bill is of £ 28.77. Now they have started charging £ 18 without informing me. On on hand they are offering all 3 things for £ 26 and now charging me extra. Now when i want to speak to the Manager i am holding for over 30 minutes. IS THIS WHAT THEY CALL SERVICE

• Ri
                          Richard Oct 07, 2007

I am extreemely pissed off. Nobody seems to know whats going on with ones account. I spent dozens of hours trying to speak to someone but at the end they say the services are going to be activated in 24 hours but nothing happens after 24 hours not even after weeks. by the way i am gonna cancel my account tomorrow and i am not sure, how long should i wait on the call.

Worst thing is, i have not got any documents to sign the contract. I am not sure, if i can cancel the account but i should try tomorrow.

Richard

Nigel Walton-Rudd Oct 07, 2007

yep its stupid ringing 150 or 151 you'll be waiting hours on end without so much as a british person on the other end to deal with your complaint.

try [protected] it links to customer complaints centre where you will once again be treated like a human being.

regards N.

Nigel Walton-Rudd Oct 07, 2007

I used my loaf and looked at the addresss on the bottom of one of my bills rang 118 118 and was given the phone number for the customer care centre, when I asked about making a complaint, they gave me this number where a member of staff will give you their surname and even call you back to make sure that your problem has been resolved, me I let them deal with it all as I was very pissed off by then being without my broard band for three weeks, the number is [protected] have your account number ready and ask to speak to someone in complaints.
                          good luck N.

Nigel Walton-Rudd Oct 07, 2007

I have a phone number for you if you want to complain contact these people and they work to chase virgin engineers until the customer has their problem sorted out.
                          [protected].

• Dh
                          D Harbottle Sep 17, 2007

Cancelled service in April and gave 30 days notice as per contract.
                          This call took over an hour, I was on hold for over an hour whilst being transferred between two incompetents. I only stayed on hold because I knew myphone bill would show this and I thought I would simply claim the cost back later.
                          Virgin collected my set top box about 40 days later.
                          Virgin continued to send bills for a television, telephone, Internet service all of which had been cancelled, phone number switched to new provider.
                          First letter of complaint to Virgin, I was not keen to call again obviously.
                          No response to letter but more bills coming.
                          Letter saying how Virgin complaints are busy arrives states they would usually resolve in 10 days, over a month since complaint.
                          Second letter of complaint, now 3 months from start of problems.
                          No response but bills and now threats of court action prompting further action.
                          Letter from a personal account manager. Great someone to take charge of Virgins incompetancies and resolve my complaints.
                          Email sent to Russell.Smith Virgin Personal Account Manager.
                          No response to complaint letters and email to date.
                          Letter sent asking for cheif executive details, complaints procedures, ombudsman/authority to which Virgin adhere.
                          No response.

Thankfully I have all correspondence documented as I assume that Virgin would be idiotic enough to take this to court.

• Lm
                          L Moulson Sep 12, 2007

Well, what can i say? Just shy of 45 mins on a premium line costing me 50p a minute to a 'technical support' team. I 'communicated' rather than 'spoke' with a Mr Vivash (i called him that because he insisted on calling me my christian name, proceeded by Miss, over what i naively thought was a problem which could be resolved quickly - no such luck. After listening to him going through the rudiments of outlining just how much this call was costing etc etc etc and how much they valued me as a person etc etc etc, (thus creating more income for Mr Branson) we eventually got to the crux of my problem.

Sadly this 'minor' issue remains unresolved after the 45 min call duration however, i can happily inform all those people out there that at the point the call was terminated the weather in India is fine and they are about 4.5 hrs ahead of us ! That was certainly worth the £20 i've shelled out for a service i can only describe as woefully poor. In my personal struggle to retain my composure, i attempted a stab at irony with my 'technical support' chap, only to find that even this small pleasure was denied me, as it fell on stony ground and i heard an audible rustle as the tumbleweed passed by him. Why oh why do we have to put up with foreign call centers? And why cant i even find a complaints link on the Virgin Media site. Do they really think they are THAT good...

• Ti
                          Tina Surrey Sep 11, 2007

I rang virgin media to report my telephone out of order , it was fine in the morning as i had a call at 7.30a.m by 3pm i had nothing, same as last time. After unplugging all lines as instructed by the lady on the end of the phone.... still nothing.... like last time.i have to wait for 2 days until an engineer can call, which is difficult to understand as the last time they fixed it they took 5 seconds to do it! We have 2 epileptics in the family and of course our phones are of great importance but unfortunately that doesn't count. I will be moving back to b.t because they seem to get a bit more organised these days, and i neeeeeed my phone. Does anybody read these complaints.... mr branson maybe. He should have stuck to flying cos he sure isn't doing very well with media!

• Sh
                          Shanthi Lizie Nazareth Sep 03, 2007

Our telephone Number [protected] is out of service for last one week i.e. from 26/08/2007 to till date. We complaint to Virgin Media customer service as on 28/08/2007 & they promised us to visit on 03rd September 2007 to solve the problem. But we waited the whole day today, nobody has to come to solve our telephone problem. As you know, I am pregnant lady completing 39 weeks & i my due date in 8th september 2007. I request them to solve this problem as earliest & they are told us to take one week to solve this problem & till today they didnot attend to our place to repair. Due to this problem, we are dicided to cancel the Virgin Media Service & we are looking for Sky network to fullfil the above problem. We are not going to pay any telephone bill for this month & we are try to cancel all the virgin media services (i.e. T.V., Broadband, Telephone). For your kind information, we are the Telewest company customer for the last 4 years & after they take over by Virgin Media, the customer services going to be worster than before. We are fed-up of their service.

chacho coudet Aug 26, 2007

Just one word to describe Virgin Media:

###!

I'm extremely pissed off with them!

Mr Noel Kerr Aug 10, 2007

To whom it may concern,

I telephoned your call centre to day to inform them of the change in my banking details for my direct debit. I told the the female person on the phone my new details which I wanted to be setup so that my Next payment in September 2007 would come out of that new account, because it was to late to stop this months payment coming out of my old account.

This is when I asked the operator would this be ok to do, The operator inform me that it would take 16-18 days for this to be set up and that august payment would come out of the new account along with septembers payment. I asked why I would have to pay two payments in September After she told me it was to late to stop this months payment To My utter surprise and amazement the operator told me to stop using abusive and raciest Language. When I asked what I said that was abusive and racist she could not remember so I asked to speak to her supervisor I was but on hold and the same voice came back on posing as the supervisor, When I said That I knew I was speaking to the same person she changed her story and said that she could not put me through to her supervisor and then hung up. I take great offense at been accused of you improper language since Im in a mixed race marriage and have two beautiful children of mixed race I would not tolerate the use of any racial or bigoted language against my own family I certainly would not use it to any other person If this is how Virgin Media train their staff I think they should review their training manual I was Deeply hurt and severely offended that a complete stranger would use such a underhanded tactic to cover their mistake. I thought Virgin was a company leading the world in its high standards of customer care sadly to day that was not the case.

Noel Kerr

Kevin Perkins Aug 05, 2007

Joey,

Keep us informed about your situation with Virgin Media, I have similar problems and would be delighted to join you in court to verify their unlawful behavior.

These reptiles remind me of ENRON type businessmen, 'F***ing Crooks' who think they can get away with anything.

Keep us informed!

Best of Luck,

Kevin

Harry Lloyd Aug 02, 2007

About 3 months ago, I requested for the downgrading on my Internet service from 4mb to 2 mb, but when I received my bill, I noticed that I was charged the 4mb's price which is £25.

I rang up the customer service right away 2 months ago to reconfirm, even have spoken to the manager about it. I was told that this matter would be sorted right away, and would have £15 refund, as I would get a £10/month deal for the 2mb internet service.

Sadly, the bill in the following months I've been charged for £25 each month AGAIN! I called up every month to alter this mistake and requested the FULL refund, the Virgin Media is just giving me empty promises.

Yesterday (1st Aug 2007), I rang up again, and the customer service told me that the manager would keep in touch with me today. I have waited for whole day but negative... However I called up again, and spoken to 3 different customer services individual, now they give me a deal which is £10/ month for the next 6 months, and £20 refund.

I am totally disagree with it! As I suppose to get this £10/month 3 months ago, but I was being charged £15 extra for 3 months, this is totally so WRONG!

• Ci
                          cipher Aug 01, 2007

I would love to let the ceo know my full view. However i fear all letters sent would be futile and a waste of time. If he ever read it he would not give a ###, he would sit in his massive office and drive home in his sportscar to his wife and 2.4 children.

• Ru
                          Russell Logan Jul 30, 2007

Been with virgin media since they took over fron NTL got tv /mobile /broadband/and landline telephone. I can honestly say what a load of Rubbish cant get my bills correct cant answer my calls don't answer my e-mails. charged me for two years for 4mb broadband then i found out i was only getting 2 mb what a rip off no sorry no money refunded.

This week i have tried to close my account with virgin media without success been on the phone 7 times each time i am on it takes 1 hour and twenty minutes on the phone to them the i hang up! Well today I eventually got to speak to someone about canceling my account Mmm mmm guess what he says no one is able to cancel your account because they don't have a customer service person to do it what a load og crap!!!

So they said they will phone me later to discuss this well whatever i want here from them.

Anyone out their that wants to join Virgin Media don't, its total rubbish. I am going back to BT.

Russell.

sajjad habibi ghasem abad Jul 28, 2007

I cant understand why microsoft don't have any support for me, payment for my delivery.

Joey Jul 28, 2007

Virgin Media have the worst customer service and help lines I have ever experienced in my entire life! I only went with them because I used to have NTL and their service was far from great but I signed up for broadband and TV @ £27.00 per month. OK. So I was told that the direct debit would be taken as £25.00 broadband and £2.00 for TV - strange but OK. This is because their TV payments are on a different system apparently.

I called them on the day of installation as I was disappointed with the amount of TV channels - I was told by the girl on the phone that I could have a free upgrade to XL for 6 months; cool right?! WRONG!!

Over the next couple of months they charged me double; when I contacted customer services and after nearly 1 hour and 15 minutes on the phone; was told things such as "why would we upgrade you free of charge?" and "we would never have said that". I did explain to them that what they're doing is completely illegal - consumers have rights, but still they refuse to refund me.

The bills from Virgin are still incorrect and they are still charging me wrongly – I have now canceled all the direct debits and my services have been revoked; which is an inconvenience but they won’t cancel my contract either – f**k them, see you in court!

As consumers we are covered by the law and I’m sure that must include:-
                          The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended)
                          The Supply of Goods & Services Act 1982
                          The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000

I am now going to write to the CEO of Virgin Media and ask for an explanation and refund to sort this out once and for all; failing this I will contact Ofcom (http://www.ofcom.com), after that the bank as they may have breached the direct debit guarantee (but I need to check this first) and maybe BBC watchdog. If every disgruntled customer does the same we have more of a fighting chance against them. This company cannot get away with the mistreatment of its customers and someone needs to be accountable and resolve these issues and stop selling services on the say-so of false information.

Joey

Media House
                          RG27 9XA

Joey Jul 28, 2007

As consumers we are covered by the law and I’m sure that must include:-
                          The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended)
                          The Supply of Goods & Services Act 1982

Media House
                          RG27 9XA

• Cm
                          C. McLean Jul 26, 2007

Bad experience with virgin media. Be very careful - read the small print, get written confirmation - the call centre staff seem misinformed, confused, and hellbent on ensuring that you will never be able to cancel within 28 days - even if it means misinforming the customer. The call waiting time is ridiculous (they are making money, after all) and to confuse matters further, there are more departments than make sense! At one point i was advised that i had no contract with virgin, but i did have with ntl! What??? I signed up for a deal to include mobile but was later told i couldn't have it unless i got cable connected (after signing, of course). Then they lied about bt/virgin switchover date to avoid cancellation. Cant be bothered typing any more, wasted enough time on them!

stewart houldsworth Jul 25, 2007

I payed my bill on Saturday and i got home from work Monday to find out I've been cut off the phone.

• Le
                          leslie moon Jul 02, 2007

I have been with ntl for years now but since virgin media took over it has been 1 hell of a ride. Virgin media must be the fastest company in the world to upset so many people at once they lost the top sky programs (sky 1) they tell you you can get 20meg broadband, but they don’t tell you you can only use it for 21mins before they cap your speed to 5meg and call it traffic management you have a problem and you get someone on the other end of the phone that you cant understand and now there going to charge you 25pence a min for the privilege. Now how can company’s get away with it. They say 1 thing and do another i wont be staying with virgin media if this continues.

Mrs freeman Jun 28, 2007

Disgusting, after struggling to access somewhere to email regarding a fault with phone, the phone is dead but to others phoning engaged, had no response, rang and left message, no response, phoned later as phone line somehow was self-dialing 999 which was awkward, in fact police came out first time, then told will be Monday sometime, 6 days later than fault reported. Our home is on threat to danger yet are left without phoneline and with a line which had been making false calls so if a genuine one was made later these false ones are reported. Do you not think you need more engineers, Virgin. Also annoyed at the rip-off charge of £5 if we do not conform and pay all bills by Direct Debit, so if they make a mistake I wonder how long it will take us for them to refund us!! We should have choices how we pay our bill. If we had a choice to pay on-line and manage own accounts that would save their paperwork. Their whole system seems to be a shambles. Thinking of going to BT as they repair phones quicker.

Chris Hunt Jun 25, 2007

I totally agree with the above comments. Whilst NTL had its faults, they were never as bad as VirginMedia. I would be curious to find how many ex NTL customers lost their email accounts this weekend (23/06/07). I have found out today that my 3 NTL email accounts have been withdrawn by Virgin. Just the email accounts not my broadband service. Is this a back door way of getting me to transfer to Virgin media email addresses?

As an ISO 9001 certified company, I believe that they have breached the following QMS standards:

4.2.4 Control of documentation.
                          6.2.2 Competence, awareness and training.
                          7.2.2 Review of requirements related to the product.
                          7.2.3 Customer Communication.
                          7.5.4 Customer property.
                          8.2.1 Customer Satisfaction.

I would like to think that the ISO certificating body will look closely at their so called performance.

Shame on you Virginmedia, for a communication firm you are not very good at communicating.

Steven Lukins Jun 24, 2007

I totally agree, they are the most useless company I have ever dealt with

Mrs Amanda Mason Jun 22, 2007

Well i find virgin media an absolute joke. I have been requesting since february 2007 for somebody to contact me with regard to my tv package and why i am paying double the about for exactly the same products i was receiving in august 2005 when i first took this service out!!! 14 e-mails, 7 phone calls and 5 letters later i have still not received any response or explanation!!! The only thing i have received is a threatening letter saying that i have breach my contract by canceling my direct debit... which i threatened to carry out twice before actually taking action and following it through. Wouldn't you??? I just want to sort the £137 they say i owe and get rid of them and go to sky as they are offering me a lot more than virgin anyway!!! I should have done it along time ago.

MARION GRIFFITHS Jun 21, 2007

Does richard branson have the same trouble as me trying to get hold of ntl? I don't think so. He should try phoning his call centres and experience the problems i've had. It rings for ages - someone may answer, probably in india, I cannot understand what they are saying - they then transfer me to another department - i hang on for wages - a call for which i am paying. Eventually i have to hang up because its costing me money. I am so frustrated i cannot speak to anyone who can help me. They are only interested in putting me hold - at my expense. By the way i am trying to cancel my contract with them.

Anette Ruprecht Jun 07, 2007

21 days and many hours spent on the mobile phone to polite but basic liars who promise tomorrow tomorrow and and we still have NO PHONE. The number promised (at this stage I couldn't care less, give us any number) was given to some one two days ago. We are at our wits end all for throwing it in the bin. Come on Virgin you are not a tin pot company I really expected more from a R. Branston.

virginmedi.co.ukRegarding dead line

Re:

Ryan Pursey
                        Customer Loyalty & Resolutions Manager
                        Virgin Media
                        Matrix Court, Swansea SA7 9BB

In early April my telephone line was accidentally cut.

It took ten days for a technician to come to repair the line. When he did so he made a temporary repair and he claimed that another operative would call within the week to execute a permanent repair.

When eventually I rang Virgin Media they made another appointment for last Thursday 17th May. I explained that I was not going to be in on that particular day only to be told that it was not necessary for the technician to have access to the property since the phone line was external.

The phone was working perfectly except for the ten days the line was cut. When I returned last Thursday the line is completely dead. When I contacted Virgin Media on Friday 18th May, they said that the operative was not able to affect a repair since access to the property was not possible. But he did something to the external phone wire otherwise I would be able to receive phone calls as on the previous day.

They have now offered me May 29th as the only time another technician can come as they are short of staff.

Bearing in mind that the phone number concerned is a Church line there are a certain number of emergency calls in and out.

As if to add insult to injury I was offered