Village Inn Restaurants / service, length of time to get order and missing items.

Saint George UT, United States

During our visit to Village Inn in St George Utah number 70075 7 we entered the restaurant and after waiting what we thought was an extended amount of time we're finally visited by our server, Violet. She took our order and I specifically asked her that we wanted it on two separate tickets. After a considerable amount of time and to apologies from Violet about the length of time it was taking to get our order to our table we finally received some of our order. I had requested a side of country gravy and had to remind her that the pancakes that came with my order has not arrived yet either. We were never visited by our server and asked if we needed any additional drinks or water. I had to ask one of the servers who was taking care of other guests if she would see what was going on with our order and bring us some more drinks. I asked to speak to the manager and after I spoke with him he asked me what I thought they could do to make things better. The question should have been, "lett me do this to help make things better for you tonight". Another observation . During our time at the restaurant we noticed the manager out on the floor occasionally but saw him only go to one table to check and see how they were being taken care of . He came by our table but never ask how our service was or our meal . After we had left the building and this was about 8:30 p.m. in the evening I noticed that the signs nor any of the perimeter lighting at the business were on. I went back in again and talked with the manager and ask if he knew that the lights were not on outside. The business looked like it was closed. After the type of service we received we felt like it was closed. I have been to numerous Village Inns all over Utah and other places and it's by far is the worst service I have ever received. I do not recommend this restaurant to anyone. The food is relatively good but the service is so bad that no matter how good the food is it doesn't make up for the lack of service.
M McClure