Verizon Wireless / early termination fees
I entered a Verizon store in Omaha NE and asked if I could use an old phone, and have service activated with a Michigan number since I would be moving to Michigan for a new job. I wanted to keep my existing corporate phone until I left, and establish a new number that I could port to my new company. No problem they said. I activated my old blackberry for phone service. When I got my first bill, I found out they charged me activation charges and data charges even though I only wanted phone.
I went into a store in Kalamazoo, they said I would have to go back to the store in Omaha to get anything changed. I told them I couldn't travel 600 miles to take care of it. They said they couldnt do anything about it.
I ported my new Michigan number to my new corporate account...and was told by Verizon that I had to pay an early termination fee of $340 because I bought a new phone in Omaha and entered into a 2 year agreement. I told them that was not the case, I brought an old phone in, and just wanted bridge service. They say they have proof I did all that, and I can only resolve it by going back to Omaha.
I have made multiple calls to the Omaha store and to customer service, and each time after being on the phone an hour, I am told they have to research it...since they have no record of me calling. I am getting nowhere. I am afraid they are really going to end up charging me $600 for phone service for 30 days...on my old phone!
More Verizon Wireless Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon Communications - customer service representative lack of professionalism
- Verizon Communications - phone and internet
- Verizon Technical Support - technical problems unresolved 
- Verizon Fios - veterans/military discount
- Verizon Store - unethical behaviour