Verizon Wireless / early termination fees

1 MI, United States Review updated:

I entered a Verizon store in Omaha NE and asked if I could use an old phone, and have service activated with a Michigan number since I would be moving to Michigan for a new job. I wanted to keep my existing corporate phone until I left, and establish a new number that I could port to my new company. No problem they said. I activated my old blackberry for phone service. When I got my first bill, I found out they charged me activation charges and data charges even though I only wanted phone.

I went into a store in Kalamazoo, they said I would have to go back to the store in Omaha to get anything changed. I told them I couldn't travel 600 miles to take care of it. They said they couldnt do anything about it.

I ported my new Michigan number to my new corporate account...and was told by Verizon that I had to pay an early termination fee of $340 because I bought a new phone in Omaha and entered into a 2 year agreement. I told them that was not the case, I brought an old phone in, and just wanted bridge service. They say they have proof I did all that, and I can only resolve it by going back to Omaha.

I have made multiple calls to the Omaha store and to customer service, and each time after being on the phone an hour, I am told they have to research it...since they have no record of me calling. I am getting nowhere. I am afraid they are really going to end up charging me $600 for phone service for 30 days...on my old phone!

Comments

• Ri
      3rd of Mar, 2012

Just got a bill from NSA for a Verizon Wireless bill, I canceled the account after numerous attempts to get Verizon to fix a problem of no service, dropped calls, phone turning off and on by itself, no luck. Was told by Verizon to turn phones on and I should sell my account to someone else. Love how the customer has to fulfill the contract term but Varizon does not. They are forcing me to continue to pay them for nothing, and now send the scamming dogs after me, we citizens have no protection at all. Isn't it great how our government bails everyone who is ripping us off with our money and continues to allow then to abuse us. Land of the free, ya right! $1000.00 bill after paying $1100.00 in the two prior months.