Verizon Wireless / bait and switch

I called Verizon to upgrade my phone to an Droid 2 Global -- I was told that I qualify for an online rebate by the rep -- he told me how to go through the web site to place the order. After 20 minutes on the website, I found that your website no longer gives online rebates, only mail in rebates, which I will NOT do since I am not going to wait 6 weeks for a rebate that may never come. I called and spoke to a supervisor who looked at my account and told me that I was given incorrect information but that there was nothing that she could do. I cancelled my order. Wasted 45 minutes of my time with Verizon's bait and switch tactics. I run 6 mobile lines with Verizon and am shocked by the poor service and outright lies told by Verizon's phone reps.

Ia

Comments

• Pa
      8th of Jun, 2011

We have been VERY dissatisfied with our Verizon REP. We found that when we purchased our palm pre plus only for the "hot spot" feature. We were TOLD different than what the agreement stated. Since we are both seniors...67 and 87..AND TOLD HIM WE WERE NOT REAL KNOWLEDGABLE ABOUT DATA PLANS. we based our decisions on what was SAID. Two VERY different statements...I asked, if after we tried it. we could change the use of the data package...he said we could discountinue and only pay the 10 dollars for the extra phone charge. HE LIED. We also expressed we would not ok a new contract for our other phones, as we hadn't decided if we actually wanted to stay with Verizon. We asked if it was a ONE YEAR contract. HE LIED.
    We have discussed this with several "customer service" reps They are NAUGHT what their title declares. We spent just on one call 50 minutes. Most of it on HOLD<
    We left a message to set up an appointment to get together with a MANAGER WHERE IT WAS PURCHASED...WE WERE TOLD HE WAS ON THE OTHER LINE, AND WOULD RETURN OUR CALL. NO ONE RETURNED CALL.
    After being with Verizon Wireless for 8-10 years. Lost count.
    We would like to resolve this before we go the BBB, ATTY GENERAL, or new CCO for Verizon Wireless. Can anyone help?