Verizon Wireless / billing errors

1 Bos, MA, United States Review updated:

On December 22, 2008 I renewed my plan and upgraded to Friends n Family. A second phone number was added, ...and the charge was to be 9.95 per month.

When I recieved my first bills, the second number was charged $39.95, plus Vcast and Net services for an addtional $25.00 I Paid the 79.95 1400 minute plan charge. An error had occured in the set up of the accounts on Dec 22. The error was "corrected Jan 11, 2009.

Yesterday I got a collection notice for 86.05 plus a collection cost of 15.48. I called the ERS COLLECTIONS and was told I had to pay or provide proof that I did not owe the money. THIS IS ILLEGAL, it is up to them to to prove I owe the money.

SOOOOOOO I called VZ and got one of their barely english speaking "customer service" folks on the phone. I was so mad at her insistance that I owed the amount because I changed the account on Jan 11.

I got out my reciepts and called back, this time to someone I could understand.
The long and short of it.. I have to pay the collection agency and was given a $30 credit for the month the phone was not listed (their mistake mind you). BTW, the second CS agreed she didnt understand why I was getting charged! Additionally NO ONE could tell me what the additional charges were for, the difference between the 39.95 and the 86.05.

IN ADDITION, I keep getting billed for VCAST and NAGIGATOR having cancelled with the 30 "free trial" date. When I asked USELESS CS 1 why, she said it was cancelled on June 30th... LIES LIES LIES

I am self employed, and they told me I had to go to the store where I purchased the service for any further explanations or credits. I charge $60 per hour as a self employed person. I have already lost more then I can ever recover, to say nothing of my blood pressure.

VERIZON WIRELESS IS A CHEATING, LYING, DISHONEST SERVICE.

DO NOT SUBSCRIBE.

I am cancelling my service and have advised them to send the charge immediately to ERS Collections... I will never pay that bill.

Comments

• Dl
      24th of Jul, 2009

Thennnnn there goes your credit!