Verizon Termination Fee / the most stupid unfair policy i've heard
I have a family plan with 3 lines. I only need only line so I contacted Verizon to ask about early termination fees for two of the lines.
One contract term expires in March and the other in April. I contacted them because I understood new consumer law states they had to pro rate the fee based on the expiration date of the contract. I am willing to pay a pro-rate termination fee that's fair but not $175 per line. This is the same for a contract expiring in 2 months as it is for a contract expiring in a year. This makes no sense.
I was told this only applied to new contracts dated November 2006 or after. This discriminates against one class of customer and is THE MOST STUPID UNFAIR POLICY I've heard about.
Verizon may think they're winning but I am cancelling my home phone line and in the process of moving to Cable for internet service. I will also move my business cellular service to another carrier. All told they get a lot of my money every month but I will never execute another contract with them.
I urge everyone under similar circumstances to log a complaint with the FCC and boycott Verizon.
More Verizon Termination Fee Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon - fios
- Verizon Communications - no tech support for one week on company phone lines
- Verizon Communications - customer service 
- Verizon Communications - customer service representative lack of professionalism
- Verizon Communications - phone and internet