Verizon Fios TV / not what I expected after all the hype

1 411 Upper Church Rd.Perkasie, PA, United States

I switched from Comcast to Verizon in December 2007. The install was easy and painless and the technicians were here when promised. The main reason I went with Comcast was the difference in price - much lower than Comcast for the phone, internet and TV. I also liked the "Free TV" offer, even if it is only a 19 incher - it will be fine for my computer. However, it is now 5 months since the date of installation and no TV and also a very poor selection of HD channels. Comcast has them beat in this area - I am currently watching the Stanley Cup playoffs on Versus, which is NOT available in HD on Verizon. I also agree with the other complaints posted regarding customer service. It is non-existant on the weekends. God Forbid you lose your internet or cable on a Saturday - you're out of luck. If I had it to do over again, I would have stayed with Comcast and accepted the deal they finally offered me after they learned I was leaving. Do your research if you are considering the Verizon television service. They seem to be overwhelmed and not prepared to handle their existing customers, let alone new ones.