Verizon Fios TV / not what I expected after all the hype
I switched from Comcast to Verizon in December 2007. The install was easy and painless and the technicians were here when promised. The main reason I went with Comcast was the difference in price - much lower than Comcast for the phone, internet and TV. I also liked the "Free TV" offer, even if it is only a 19 incher - it will be fine for my computer. However, it is now 5 months since the date of installation and no TV and also a very poor selection of HD channels. Comcast has them beat in this area - I am currently watching the Stanley Cup playoffs on Versus, which is NOT available in HD on Verizon. I also agree with the other complaints posted regarding customer service. It is non-existant on the weekends. God Forbid you lose your internet or cable on a Saturday - you're out of luck. If I had it to do over again, I would have stayed with Comcast and accepted the deal they finally offered me after they learned I was leaving. Do your research if you are considering the Verizon television service. They seem to be overwhelmed and not prepared to handle their existing customers, let alone new ones.
More Verizon Fios TV Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon Communications - verizon wireless duplicate/stolen payment 
- Verizon Communications - bill increase without notification & lying customer representatives
- Verizon Communications - incorrect billing 
- Verizon Communications - service
- Verizon Communications - phone turned off when payment was made timely.