Verizon / overcharging and lying to customers!

I got my bill for December 2006 and found it to be $10 more than it should be. After some internet sleuthing I have found out that my account was changed, that features that were included for free were erased and added as premium features that I have to pay extra for now.

I previously had access to the wireless web and had 600 included text messages, now I have to pay for my text messaging and the internet is a thing of the past. After unleashing my fury at my local verizon store and calling a friend in the company, my tirade produced a name. A Sales associate by the name of Alex A. from Fargo, ND that works at a Grand Forks ND Verizon store (store number M3589-01). Altered my account without my authorization.

After speaking with his manager Barry, I was apologized to and told that nothing can be done as my plan is no longer available and they cannot put that feature back onto my account without charging me now. Do I smell a rat? I think so. I was also informed that this shady character Alex actually profited with a kickback on his paycheck for his slimy efforts.

He also assured me that Alex did this by mistake. Yeah right. Am I the only one that this happened to? I think not. Who can say if this will happen again? Who is going to stop it? I have spent 12 hours of my normal working day into resolving this issue and all I have is a automated customer service number that I can reach. I want justice!!!

Va

Comments

• Br
      11th of Jun, 2007

I want to add my comments about Verizon... Why doesn't Verizon take calls - it is almost impossible to speak with a human being at that company. When you call the 800 number you are put through a series of questions by a computer as to why you are calling, what number you are calling about, etc. This morning as like yesterday afternoon I spent over 1 hour on hold and NO ONE ever took the call. At one point this morning a commercial by McDonald in Spanish actually came on... this is all a game to Verizon. Personally I feel it is time for an investigation into the monopoly system.

19th of Oct, 2008

If you need to speak with someone just press zero when you call and it routs your call right to customer service. and theres no way you were on hold for an hour i'm sorry. ive had verizon for years and ive never been on hold for more than 5 minutes. make sure you dialed the right number. 1-800-922-0204

• Sh
      29th of Jan, 2009

Just to lte anyone know when you call the 1800 number keep pressing 0 and it will get you a representative.

• 12
      13th of Nov, 2009

Final bill, received November 11th, call from a debt collection agency November 13th. I was a customer for over 20 years through several company changes. Never missed A Payment . I guess Verizon does"nt like lt when you leave?????