Value City Furniture / Over 2 months without furniture

Centerville, OH, United States Review updated:

My Husband and I have a new house, and was looking to furnish the ENTIRE house. We budgeted each room of furniture. We went to Value City, Centerville on Valentines day and bought a Bally Bedroom set, and a 5 piece dinette. We were supposed to get everything on March the 8th. Every week that passed we were getting "PUSH BACKS" on the date. We threw away our old bedroom set and dinette, only to realize they did not have my full bedroom set. Only the dresser and 2 nightstands. With a wedding coming up, we began to get very nervous. Today is April the 18th, and I still am without the bedroom set. Not only that, a chair from my dinette set broke in 2 days, the gave us a NEW LEG for the chair, which was uneven, none of the other chairs were well put together, and the delivery man dropped a nightstand drawer. They are making me WAIT on the chair to be replaced, along with another broken chair, and the night stand drawer until they deliver my bedroom furniture, because they don't want to PAY THE DELIVERY COMPANY TO MAKE MORE THAN ONE TRIP! Which means my family cannot even sit at table together to eat meals. And we had to end up BUYING another bedroom set to put in there until they get our PAID bedroom suit to me. Their customer service is terrible, They ONLY alternative they gave me was to give the furniture I had BACK, and get my money refunded, and still.. EVERY WEEK WE GET CALLS PUSHING BACK OUR FURNITURE. As of now... we may not get it until JUNE, which is 4 months after we paid for it. And at this point.. we are wondering if we will get it at all! I will NEVER go to Value City for furniture, even though I did like the styles they had. I will NEVER REFER anyone to them, and have since then encouraged people NOT TO go there. We had a $10, 000 budget for 3 bedroom sets, 2 living room sets, T.V's, entertainment centers for 2 livingrooms a dinette, bar, and table sets and wall fixtures... and unfortunately we ended up spending the rest of our budget at Longs furniture, who had same day delivery, and we had ALL of our furniture delivered within 2 weeks. The is the WORST furniture experience I have EVER encountered, and wouldhope NO ONE would EVER have to go through something like this again! PLEASE, if you are reading this.. DO NOT GO TO THIS COMPANY FOR FURNITURE, You get what you pay for and after finding this site there are SEVERAL complaints JUST LIKE MINE... SO I am NOT ALONE. Don't be a person who has to get on this site and complain like I did. You can go to ASHLEY FURNITURE or LONGS, and find the same kind of deals. I would rather have spent a couple hundred more dollars than to have to go through this!

Jo
Apr 18, 2013

Comments

• Am
      Jul 21, 2014

I purchased a fabric / leather sectional from value city on july 1, 2013. The fabric on the cushions and the leather trim on the cushions are ripping and tearing. The springs on one end of the sectional are sunk in and makes it uncomfortable to sit.