Complaints & Reviews

Value City Furniture — payments

never sign up for the plans people. I signed up for their 12 month payment plan, and after 12 months I got...

Value City Furniture — Extended warranty on furniture is a rip off!

We bought 8 wooden chairs, 4 tables, a sofa, loveseat and chair from this company in 2004. The salesman...

Value City FurnitureDelivery system is ridiculous!

I have had a horrendous experience shopping with Value City Furniture. The people at the store were just as nice as could be, and several of our pieces have defects, small enough we decided to overlook, but the delivery is ridiculous!
We were first offered two separate days to have our furniture delivered. We declined and said we'd rather wait for the second day, just to have everything delivered at once. They said that was fine.

A few days before the delivery, they called to let us know that one of the items would not be available for at least three more weeks. The lady told me that I "should have taken it" when I "had the chance" because I was now bumped onto a waiting list! No one mentioned anything about a waiting list when I turned down the first delivery date, and I was told I had better accept what they could currently bring because otherwise more of the pieces may not be available when the already missing piece came in.

I had to schedule this new delivery around my husband's work schedule and my grandfather's surgery, and I was furious. I was polite anyway and told them I was disappointed but would accept what they could bring. I was assured the new missing piece would be in, they set up a delivery date, and once again I received another phone call a few days before it was to arrive telling me that I "didn't make the current waiting list" and would have to wait since I was "bumped" onto the next available shipment of that piece of furniture.

The man who called wasted ten minutes of my life explaining, quite cheerfully, the way that the shipping and delivery operations run, and told me that of course I could understand how a multi million dollar furniture company could run into problems. He interrupted me repeatedly to continue talking about the plethora of reasons and complications their poor store has in maintaining correct shipping and delivery times, going into great detail about how everything was made by hand and blah blah blah- it was like listening to a commercial! I had to cut him off and tell him I was hanging up! I looked at the phone and checked; he had actually babbled on for ten minutes telling me how wonderful the company was after telling me that my furniture would ONCE AGAIN not be delivered.

We ordered this furniture in August. At this rate, they will supposedly be delivering it in October. I'm not holding my breath. He also asked me if there was something else that I might like to substitute my piece for? I told him no, since I wanted the furniture to MATCH. Ugh. From the way we were treated in the store, I would have recommended them to anyone. After this debacle, I'm making sure no one I know ever sets foot in there. I will not buy anything from there, ever again.

Every time I have called I have been bounced around from one person who "didn't have access to that information at this time" to another, and despite my adoration for the Arts and Crafts set, I'll spend the extra money to buy a whole NEW set from another store before I would bother to replace a single piece!

It pity the people who work there, I really do. It's got to be awful to go to work and know you're lying to people, or at least, withholding information. Had I known what the delivery fiasco would turn out like, I would have shopped elsewhere. And according to one associate, "it's a very common problem..."

I'm sure it is.

Value City FurnitureFrustrated with the Value City Customer support

I have purchased a reclining sofa at Value City Furniture, 6393 Winchester Rd, Memphis, TN two months ago. I wanted to exchange that sofa as it has not matched with my interior. I have asked the value city representative (his name is ROBERT WOLFE) for exchange after 2 weeks of purchase. He has agreed for exchange and said to me that a technician will come and inspect the reclining sofa and estimate the value of that sofa. The technician has come twice and taken photos also and reported value city that there are stains on the sofa. But, we never find any stain on the sofa. Then, I have asked the value city representative. He said to me that you call the warranty people for examination of the sofa. If there are no stains, then the next day itself sofa will be exchanged. Otherwise, if there are stains, the warranty people have to identify whether those are removable or non-removable stains and provide warranty support for those stains. Then, the sofa will be exchanged.Either way, I'm going to get a new sofa. But, when I called the warranty people, they have asked for the type of stains. I never find any stains on the sofa and mentioned that warranty people have to examine and provide report to Value city for exchange of sofa. But, Warranty people have declined to provide this type of report and told me that they will visit only when they are stains and also said that the sofa is too young, so Value city itself has to take care of.

These discussions are happening from past 7 weeks and I'm really frustrated with the Value City Customer support. The never called me. I used to call always. The concerned person will not be available many times and the phone will be hanging for long time. I also have visited Value City three times to close this issue soon. It's wasting my time and phone minutes.

I have chosen the other reclining sofa at Value city and received a quote also. It cost $100 more than the existing sofa.

Value City Furniture — Stainsafe is a total rip off!

I purchased a complete living room set: sofa, love seat, oversize chair with ottoman from Value City...