Bassett Furniture Industries Logo

Bassett Furniture Industries

Having problems with Bassett Furniture Industries?

+1 877 525 7070 (Furniture and Home Decor)
+1 800 308 7485 (Baby Furniture)
+1 800 697 3259 (Baby Furniture)
3525 Fairystone Park Hwy, PO Box 626
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

$2,000.00 rug

I ordered an area rug from Bassett San Jose. 1st rug was ruined by the delivery driving company the replacement rug was delivered and returned on the spot. The rug appeared to have a completely different color almost like bleach spots and the ends of the rug looked beyond dirty. COVID hit so my issue went unresolved until today. I was told a couple of weeks ago that my account would be credited which didn't happen. Today I got a call from the manager Laura who said nothing is wrong with the rug that is how it is made. They will do nothing my only choice is to pay 15% re-stocking fee or they will deliver the ugly rug on the 23 rd. I have had nothing but issues with the products I have purchased my dining room table and chairs however there is not enough room to write it out. I would appreciate a phone call from someone at a higher level that can make this right after they hear the full story.

Charlotte Wayman
[protected]

swivel rocking chairs

We bought 2 swivel rocking chairs that we liked and after they were delivered they started to wear strangely...

sofa and loveseat

I ordered a sofa and loveseat in mid oct 2017. Delivered thanksgiving week and before christmas I wa...

dishonest, deceptive, rude and useless

If you go to Bassett do not talk to the salesman because they will lie to you about costs, shipping costs and delivery timeline. after you pay they will give you a second contract to sign:. this contract will say that they are not bound by anything they have promised you.. you will then have the option of suing them in small claims court or being stuck with the wrong furniture?. they will not care because they have your money and no one ever sues them?.

My entire experience can by summarized in the email I received from the general manager: From: michael annese [protected]@gmail/.com "I hope you will learn in life that being a condescending, and arrogant person is not helpful to you at all, . You are not as bright or quick witted as you think you are". Thank you, Michael Annese General Manager Bassett Furniture Cincinnati Ohio"!

did not deliver!

We purchased furniture in July, and were promised delivery within 6 weeks. After 6 weeks, we called every day and were brushed off. Then, after 9 weeks, the store calls and says: "Our delivery company decided they cannot deliver to your location." That was the ONLY reason we bought the furniture to begin with! We sat on lawn chairs for a month for no reason! Then, we rented a Uhaul to pick up the furniture, and they wouldn't even help us load it! THEN they wouldn't refund the delivery fee. This store has no clue about customer service! I hate to even look at the furniture I spent three grand on!!!

fraud

Bassett furniture is a fraud. I purchased a $3, 400 sectional from this company and the leather has started to peel. I got an expert to take a look at the damages and he let me know that they sold me furniture that was not real leather. They hard sold my the furniture with the idea that it is of extremly better quality than just about any other store in my city. For the price that I paid this is fraud. They have discontinued this line. I also purchased a warrenty and they will also not fix the damages or provide a replacement. Never purchased anything from this company!!!

refuse to replace

We purchased a Bassett couch and love seat which looked dirty upon delivery. When a representative came out to clean it, we were informed that it was just the "nature of the fabric." Not only is its nature to look dirty but also to look worn and to "travel" (making pulling and tugging of the fabric to align it one of my new daily chores). We had stressed to the sales rep that we wanted a fabric that would require no fuss, that would take the daily wear-and-tear of a family room and look great for years to come. One week later our brand new Bassett couches looked older and more worn than the 10-year-old Bob's Furniture couches they were replacing. Bassett's response has been, "your problem, not ours."

poor quality desktop finish

Within 1 year of purchase from Basset Furniture, the desktop finish gets large flaws when in contact by wires or other rubber products, such as computer and telephone wires and feet. The finish indents and raises around the rubber becoming very unsightly. The store sent a person to view and take pictures of the desk. He said this has been a problem with their desks. Since I did not buy their extended warranty, they will not consider anything other than sell me another desk. Fool me once, shame on you. Thus, poor quality products and a company that will not stand behind its product.

poor quality furniture, huge delays, crap customer service

I recently ordered $6, 400 worth of furniture at Basset Furniture. It is a dining table with eight matching chairs, and a shelving wall unit. The salesperson seemed reasonably knowledgeable and I patiently waited the six weeks for the furniture to arrive.

When it did, I was shocked. The stain on the dining chairs was darker on the tops than the rest of the chair. The entire set was a darker finish than I ordered. The poor quality craftsmanship showed on the underside of the table. But the biggest problem was that the shelves had come in the completely wrong color. The delivery guys called the store and ended up taking away the shelving. I had taken a day of vacation for the furniture delivery. I was furious.

The store manager was dismissive and aloof. He interupted me, was evasive on when he would get back to me, and blamed me for the mistake. He called the next day to report the salesman said I had wanted the two different colors - pieces that are in the exact same room. It was a blatant lie, but one that I had no paperwork to refute. They refused to do a refund or even apologize. Their "solution"? Take another day of my vacation to come in and argue with the salesperson, then order the shelves in the darker finish I originally asked for. I will have to wait another 6 weeks. That is three months from the time I ordered that I actually get my furniture.

Bassett Furniture is a rip off for the quality, has terrible customer service, and the customer has no recourse when the store personnel make a mistake. My next step after posting this is to contact consumer reports.

• Li
    Lindsey W. Jan 18, 2008

We ordered or furniture in early Oct. 2007. We new the date we closed on our new home and new the estimated time for delivery and coordinated it so. Well Upon receiving the furniture in mid Nov. we noticed that almost every piece was damaged or missing pieces. On top of that some of the items ordered were never even placed. Upon speaking with the store manager about items being the wrong color and damaged they agreed to rush us new furniture. Well Christmas came and went with family sitting of folding chairs, still no word. Finally got in touch with them in mid January about the damaged furniture and missing chairs. They told us that the replacement foot board was still in the approval stage and that our furniture was scheduled for delivery on Friday. I assume we would have never received a call about delivery if we had not in fact called them. We are still waiting on replacement parts for damaged furniture and will never shop at another Basset furniture again. Thank God that when we went to purchase our new sectional sofa we went to Haverty's instead. Hopefully our experience will be a better one then the horrible experience we have had with Basset.

Resolved horrible customer service

I am very happy with the quality my new Bassett furniture. I was only slightly frustrated when an upholstered chair was broken during transport and when my dining room table and chairs were ordered incorrectly. What angered me the most was the horrible customer service I received afterwards. The sales person would never call me back and then claimed she tried but didn't reach my voicemail. Didn't even have the brains to call me and tell me that my replacement furniture was ordered. I had to find out that on my own. Then when I finally got ahold of my sales person I explained how frustrated I was and wanted a partial refund for my troubles, she promised to call me back in 30 minutes and never called me again. I'm now dealing with corporate customer service.

Resolved customer service and refund policy

5/10/09 – Purchased table and six chairs. Informed the purchase would be delivered in 30-45...

Resolved horrible customer service

I bought an entire living room set from the Melbourne, FL store in January 2009). When I was ordering chair...

Resolved damaged furniture

I purchased a dining room table and chairs at Bassett Furniture in Ft. Lauderdale in February 2009. After...

damaged goods/horrible service

I purchased a credenza and cocktail ottomon over memorial day weekend (today is August 18th). I called 3 times to check on the status of my order to be told that one piece was still missing at the factory. The last time I called & complained someone finally called me back to schedule delivery for tomorrow the 19th between 2 & 6pm.
This morning, I get a call from Lara? saying that my credenza is damaged and they have to try to repair it or order a new one. They also stated that the upper portion of my cocktail table had not arrived at their facility. I had been reading lots of negative posts on sites like this about bassett so I was not going to mess around with them. I told them I was just going to cancel the order.
So, i called bassett & spoke to the woman, Tanya, who sold me my furniture. She informs me that any furniture ordered from the factory is NON-REFUNDABLE!!! what? I paid in full! what a crock of crap!

After expressing my frustration, Tanya offered to let me "borrow" her credenza and cocktail ottoman off of her floor, she would deliver it today. I asked her to double check to make sure they were in good condition...she just called back to inform me that the factory DID in fact have the entire cocktail table and it will be here tomorrow. The credenza will be delivered today...we'll see what kind of condition they are in when they get here...who knows what will come on the truck tomorrow...or when I will get my actual furniture...

Resolved you may never get your furniture

I am still waiting on an item ordered March 1, it is now June 7. After an amazing amount of delay and grief I finally got a partial order. This time they said they received the wrong item for one of my beds. That was early May, still waiting to hear when the correct one will arrive. Also a couch was stained when delivered, although the delivery company took photos and logged the stain, I have not heard a word from Basset about a cleaning or repair. Do not buy furniture from these people. A call to Bassett HQ informed me that some stores are franchised so even they can do nothing to insure customer satisfaction.

incredibly poor customer service!

[My letter to the Executive VP of Operations, Keith Sanders is attached below for ease - our complaints are...

Resolved overcharged!

We paid for upgraded filling and our furniture is so hard it hurts our behinds when we sit on it. It i...

undelivered furniture, poor communication

I only wish I had found this web site and read other complaints before I ordered my furniture.
Ordered furniture on 6/25/07- took picture of the sofa I wanted into the sales rep ([picture was taken from the Bassett website). Paid at that time.
9/4/07- I called sales rep to see why the furniture had not yet been ordered, was told they were "going to call me" to let me know the fabric had been discontinued.
9/8/07- reordered fabric.
10/9/07- furniture delivered- was not anywhere close to what the picture I showed the sales rep was like. I wanted a curved sectional- this was a very long straight sofa.
11/3/07- spoke with a store manager since I had not heard about delivery. He referred the call to the original sales rep who said he "would look into it"
11/13/07- had not heard from the sales rep. I called him- he stated "I was just getting ready to call you"- the sofa arms had been discontinued and would not match the loveseat arms (that was the only part of the order that had been correct when the furniture was orginally delivered). Had to reorder the loveseat and sofa with different arms so they would match.

Had I not already painted the living room to match the furniture, I would cancel the order. I will never deal with this company again.

Jonathan Chesnutt Nov 09, 2008

I gave my wife $800.00 to buy a dinnette. She spent $1300.00 at Bassett on Aug. 23rd 2017. It is now Nov. 9th 2017, and I'm still eating standing at my kitchen counter.
    The manager had tried to explain that there are no cancellations on the order. That is unacceptable in my book. As a man growing up in Boston there is no excuse for time line delays of 3 months. She then told me she'd work a discount for me due to the wait (all this over a month of phone calls of me demanding my money back). I told her to come with something serious, and specifically said don't call me with some piddly $100 bucks. So she called with 113.86... Are you SERIOUS?!? This has gone on long enough, and they don't know when to accept there losses. Never use this company as they are just bad business. They survive by getting over on people like my wife who apparently lack the street smarts to know they're getting ripped. I'll be going in today to get my cash or take it from someone's back side!

Mary Louisville Oct 02, 2009

Bassett Furniture, Louisville, Kentucky
    Purchased Elway Leather Reclining Sofa & Love Seat on 7-4-09, received it on 8-1-09. It is the biggest mess I have ever seen. I had ordered a dark burgandy & between the sections, it is lined with a bright white fabric. REALLY shows up on the dark leather. Each piece to the sofa & love seat will not stay together. Finally men came out on 9-9-09 to hook it all back together & it now has all come apart again. On the back of the end of the sofa, the leather has been pulled too tight & there is a big hole you see in the back of the sofa. REALLY is ugly. I wish I had never bought it. I called the Manager & asked for my money back, he said NO. I asked if they would take this back & we would come into his store & pick out something that would be the same amout on money, he said NO. Now he said that a repair man would come out to fix the bright white that shows & put the furniture back together but he will have to charge us a service charge. NO WAY-- He said it would only be about $30.00. Well, I thought maybe if he can get the white covered with black & the furniture put back together, maybe $30.00 would be OK. Well, the man called & told me it would be a $65.00 charge for the first hour. I told him NO WAY. It is now October 2nd, & I still have not heard from anyone. My home is new & open & now this ugly, really bad furniture is sitting in my beautiful great room & it is very ashamed for anyone to come in my home & see this furniture. Basset of Louisville does not stand behind there furniture. They take your money & leave you very unhappy. This is the worst place I have ever dealt with. They really don't care what your furniture looks like or how bad it is made. Just get your money & end of story. I would never go back in Bassett & would tell anyone I know how they do business.
    Please help me get my money back. I really want to get this furniture out of my house. I can remember the good old days, where a furniture store wanted the customer to be happy & the furniture store would take pride in what they sell. Well, not anymore. This furniture looks like it came from a flee market & Bassett has not heard the end of this from me. I will keep on trying or get a lawyer.

I hope this is printed so people that live in Louisville, Kentucky knows how bad Bassett Furniture is here also.

Mary Louisville Oct 02, 2009

Please print my comments. People in Louisville Ky. need to know that Bassett Furniture in Louisville will NOT stand behind there furniture.

poor after sale service!

Bassett Furniture Direct
Inferior goods & services

I purchased a bedroom set for $4755.08 April 1, 2007. When they delivered my furniture 1 piece was damaged beyond repair. I immediately contacted the Basset Furniture Direct store I purchased from to get a replacement piece. Carmen, the person we dealt with said her computer would not allow her to forward the pictures we sent by e-mail. She didn't seen very concerned or anxious to fix the situation.It took us taking a dvd of damage to the store to be forwarded before they did anything. The burden was totally on us.

Several weeks went by. The replacement piece they shipped was unacceptable to us. It was scratched on both ends & along the top. It also was crushed on the corners; it was very obvious that this was a damaged floor sample. WE REFUSED DELIVERY. Basset Furniture Direct has repaired this piece & is expecting us to take delivery sometime next week.

I requested a credit for this floor sample & was told unequivocally NO. I paid for NEW furniture, I expect NEW furniture. I contacted Bassett corporate to intervene, they said this location was operated by an independent owner/operator. Funny, every time in interact with the furniture store they tell me all decisions are made by the factory. Besides taking my money, what are their obligations to ME the CUSTOMER?

I have very little faith that this replacement piece will be acceptable to me! They have already told me that there is nothing wrong with it although they have not seen it.

Joni Johnson

poor service, damaged goods

The following is documentation on the history of our involvement with Bassett Furniture.

*Our original visit to Bassett Furniture located in Columbus Ohio off of Polaris Parkway was approximately 4/21/06. At that time, we met with Alisha, sales consultant, to discuss our furniture options and make selections. At this time we notified Alisha of the current building status of our new home, and explained that we would like to order the furniture now, but have delivery set for the day after closing. At this time, we were not yet sure of the exact closing date, but informed Alisha that it would be early September 2006. Alisha informed us that we could make our selections now, and she would actually “order” each piece when necessary so that they would be ready for delivery around the time of closing (beginning of September 2006). The Items selected at this time were as follows:

5th Ave. Leather Sectional Sofa- Leather Select
5th Ave. Leather Ottoman- Leather Select
5th Ave. Dining room Table, 4 side chairs, 2 armchairs
5th Ave. Nightstand- 2 total, dark (item number [protected])
5th Ave. King Sleigh Bed- Dark (item number 2727-K135)
5th Ave. Armoire- Dark (item number [protected])

*Early August 2006- Notified Alisha that the closing date was set for September 12, 2006, and delivery day should be 09/13/06. Alisha assured us that delivery on or very close to this date would occur. $2,000 was deposited towards the total amount owed, and financing was established.

*Early in the week of September 4th, 2006- Had not yet heard from Basset regarding the delivery date/time. Contacted Alisha, who then informed me that our sofa would not be ready for delivery by next week as originally quoted because she had not entered the order in time- Apparently, leather select orders can take up to 6 weeks for completion. Was told that we would have to wait an additional 6 weeks to get a sofa. We explained that that was not acceptable, and would look at different stores to see if we could find a sofa we liked better. Alisha stated that all other furniture orders were completed and should be ready for delivery on 9/13/06.

*Late in the week of September 4th, 2006- We went into the Bassett Furniture store off of Polaris Parkway to Speak with Alisha and Rich (Manager) regarding the sofa situation. Agreed to accept the current floor model of the Hudson Sectional with corner (item number 3408-66LS) and Hudson Storage Ottoman (item number 3408-S2LS) in lieu of the 5th Ave. Leather Sectional and Ottoman that had not been ordered correctly. We were assured that the floor model we were to get would be cleaned, inspected, and delivered to us with the rest of the furniture on 9/13/06.

*September 11, 2006- Had not yet heard from anyone to confirm delivery date. Contacted Alisha, who confirmed that delivery would be on 9/13/06.

*September 13, 2006- Furniture was delivered. Upon delivery, we were notified by the delivery drivers that the Hudson Sectional with corner (item number 3408-66LS) and Hudson Storage Ottoman (item number 3408-S2LS) as well as a nightstand were not with the order. In addition, all 6 of the dining room chairs were damaged and appeared to be used. Damage included scuff marks, ink marks, crack in a leg, and dents in legs of the chairs. Immediately called Alisha (while delivery drivers still present at my home) to inquire about the missing pieces and notify her of the damaged chairs. Alisha stated that somehow the sofa and ottoman had been shipped to the Cincinnati location, and were still there. In regards to the dining room chairs, she explained that the whole dining room set was used because it was their floor model. When I inquired why we were getting used furniture, she explained that when we got the “factory direct sale price” on the dining room set, it meant we would be getting a floor model. I told her that she did not clarify this when selling the product to me, and that this was false advertisement, misleading the customer, and overall dishonest practice. She apologized for not being forthcoming and explaining at the time of sale that this is what the “factory direct sale” meant. I told her that there was no way that I would have agreed to purchase a floor model- the sofa was the only agreed upon “used” item, in that it had reportedly just been put on the floor and was virtually new. I also reminded her that we had purchased the additional insurance for all of our furniture, which reportedly covered any damaged items. She agreed to have a Bassett Furniture representative come to look at the damaged items to see if they were repairable. We spoke with Rich further about getting the sofa and ottoman to us as promised- Rich assured us that the sofa would be delivered on Friday 9/15/06.

*September 15th, 2006- Both the Hudson Sectional with corner (item number 3408-66LS) and Hudson Storage Ottoman (item number 3408-S2LS) were delivered without incident. Damaged nightstand delivered (nightstand had dent in the top). We were told the nightstand was damaged in shipping, and would be reordered and replaced with a new one.

*Mid October 2006- Still had not heard from Bassett Furniture regarding sending a representative out to our home to inspect the damaged nightstand and dining room chairs. Called Alisha to determine when a representative would be out to our home. Alisha agreed to come that day with a representative. Alisha and the representative came to the home, inspected the dining room chairs and nightstand, and photographed damage. Alisha told me that the photos and report would be given to the repair personnel to determine if the damage could be “fixed”.

*Late October 2006- Still no word on the decision regarding the damaged dining room chairs. My fiancé spoke with Rich who explained that all 6 chairs would be replaced with brand new chairs. Delivery of the new nightstand and 6 new dining room chairs would occur within the next 2 weeks.

*Week of November 6th, 2006- Called Bassett Furniture and spoke with Carmen. Carmen indicated that the chairs and nightstand had not yet come in from the factory.

*Week of November 13th, 2006- Call received from factory in Cincinnati to set up delivery of new dining room chairs and nightstand for 11/21/06.

*November 20th, 2006- Received a call from Carmen notifying me that the replacement nightstand had been damaged during shipping, and would not be delivered with the chairs on 11/21/06. She stated that she would re-order a new replacement nightstand.

*November 21st, 2006- “new” replacement chairs delivered, all 6 replacement chairs damaged. The replacement chairs were in worse condition than the originals. Photos taken of damage. Chairs are obviously used. Damage includes a cracked leg, deep scoring in legs, scratches in legs, scuff marks on all corners of all chairs, dirt smudges, red ink marks, blue ink marks, black ink marks. Immediately phoned Alisha and told her the poor condition of the replacement chairs. Explained to Alisha that I had the understanding that the replacement chairs were going to be brand new chairs. Explained to Alisha that I would be contacting Bassett Corporate offices to make official complaint. Alisha stated she would have to make some inquiries to determine what had happened. Called Mary Piepher at Bassett Corporate and expressed my dissatisfaction, giving her a complete detailed account of my experience to date with Bassett. Mary explained that she would have to make some calls regarding the situation and would get back to me.

*November 22nd, 2006- Took one of the side chairs to the Bassett Furniture store located off of Polaris Parkway and spoke directly with Carmen and Rich. Showed Rich the damaged chair as well as the photographs taken of the other 5 damaged chairs. Rich stated he believed this chair was most likely (and the other 5 as well) floor models that had come off the floor at another location. When I reminded Rich that we had been told we would be getting brand new chairs, Rich stated that the corporate office must have declined that request and decided to instead give replacement floor-model chairs. I reminded Rich that he had assured my fiancé that we would be getting brand new chairs. Rich agreed that the condition the chairs were not acceptable. I explained to Rich that I had done my research and found that Bassett Furniture has an unsatisfactory standing with the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General of Ohio. I explained to Rich and Carmen that I expected some kind of restitution for the amount of trouble we had gone through, feeling lied to and misled throughout the process, and the ridiculous amount of time we had waited to get our full order of furniture delivered to us in satisfactory condition. Explained that I would file official complaints with the Better Business Bureau, the Attorney General of Ohio, Angie’s List, the Federal Trade Commission, and the local papers if we did not receive brand new chairs within two weeks. I informed Rich that I was aware that the owner of the store is Dan Dougherty (they keep his name under tight wraps, I had to do extensive research on the internet to locate it) and that I had a contact name of another dissatisfied Bassett Furniture customer who had similar problems (delivery of damaged goods, extensive waiting for delivery, and poor customer service) to mine. Rich immediately called Mary Piepher in corporate and explained the situation. Rich indicated that he would have an answer to me by the end of the day. I received a call from Carmen later that night stating Mary was still waiting to hear back from corporate.

*November 23rd, 2006- Received a call from Carmen indicating Dan Dougherty had approved that we would have 6 brand new replacement chairs, and that they should be able to deliver them within 2 weeks because they were “in stock”.

*Week of December 4th, 2006- Delivery scheduled for 12/13/06.

*December 12th, 2006- Call received from warehouse in Cincinnati stating the brand new chairs had been inspected and found to be damaged due to the factory using “too much glue” during manufacturing resulting in glue “drip-marks” down the legs of the chairs and causing damage to the leather. As a result, they would have to re-order the chairs. I clearly indicated my frustration and my dissatisfaction with this incident, and demanded that a resolution be determined. I requested to speak with the owner of the store, Dan Dougherty. I received a call back from Kelly (I’m pretty sure this was her name) who told me that only 2 of the new chairs were actually damaged, but the other 4 (three side chairs and one arm chair) were in perfect condition and would still be delivered with the new nightstand on 12/13/06. I again expressed my dissatisfaction with ongoing issues regarding the quality of merchandise and not having my complete furniture order delivered to date.

*December 13th, 2006- Received a call from Carmen who informed me that the nightstand would not be delivered with the 4 new chairs today because there was a “misunderstanding” between the Bassett store in Columbus and the factory in Cincinnati. Carmen stated that Kelly from the factory in Cincinnati had misunderstood that the nightstand they had was the first replacement that had been damaged during shipping. The explanation lead me to believe that the new nightstand had not yet been even ordered! I again expressed to Carmen my growing dissatisfaction and my intent to file complaints to appropriate agencies regarding this issue. I asked Carmen to please contact the owner of the store, Dan Dougherty, and ask him to call me at his earliest convenience to discuss ways in which Bassett Furniture would be giving us restitution. Carmen stated that she had sent Dan two emails requesting he call me.

I called the Louisville Kentucky store location, apparently the corporate office location for stores owned by Dan Dougherty, and asked to speak to Dan. I was placed on hold, then told Dan was not in the store. I proceeded to tell the sales woman my frustration and asked her to contact Dan and ask him to contact me ASAP. I was then told that Dan “does not speak directly with the customer... he hires people to do that.” This only served to heighten my anger and frustration, and made it evident to me that I was not a valued customer, nor were any customers for that fact. The sales woman was evasive when asked if Dan would be returning to the store at any point during the 13th, stating that he “travels between his 5 store locations frequently” and “is in and out.” When I inquired to the sales woman whether Dan lived in Louisville and therefore was primarily at that store location, she responded that he “has like 5 different houses all over the place.” This again told me that Dan obviously felt he was too good to speak to the lowly customer. The sales woman then offered to let me speak with Mary Piepher, who was at that location. I was transferred to Mary, and explained in detail again what had thus far transpired. Mary stated she did not see the new nightstand even in the order, confirming my original suspicions that the replacement nightstand had never been ordered, which should have been reordered way back on 11/20/06. Mary stated she would look into restitution for this issue.

Shortly after hanging up with Mary the delivery of the 4 brand-new chairs arrived. Three of the “new” chairs were significantly damaged; one side chair was in acceptable condition. I immediately called Mary Piepher at the Louisville Kentucky location and notified her of the situation. I informed her that I would take pictures of the damage, and demanded significant financial restitution at this point, or a lawsuit would ensue. Mary stated she would continue to investigate the situation.

*December 14th, 2006- email sent to Mary providing our request for financial restitution as well as pictures of damage to the third set of chairs.

*December 15th, 2006- Called Mary to determine ensure she received my email and check on the status of the situation, she was out of the office. Contacted Carmen from the local office who stated that Mary would be out of the office the rest of the day, and she would have Mary call me on Monday 12/18/06.

Called Mr. Spilman, CEO of Bassett Furniture Industries (Corporate offices of Bassett Factory in Virginia) and spoke with a representative regarding the situation. Was instructed to forward the email I sent to Mary that included the complete history of this situation as well as pictures to the secretary of Mr. Spilman and Vice President Mr. Sanders (Louise). Was told that I would receive a phone call on 12/18/06.

*December 18th, 2006- Received a call from Louise, explained my concerns and request for financial restitution. She indicated she would talk with Mary and find a solution and call me back today. Received a voicemail back from Louise indicating she has been in touch with Mary, and they were not yet at a resolution, but would have one by tomorrow, 12/19/06. Email received from Mary indicating they were still working on the situation.

*December 19th, 2006- had not yet heard from anyone by 5:30pm. Checked my voicemail and found a message from Kelly at the Cincinnati factory stating she wanted me to call to set up a time for a furniture repairman to come to my home to assess the damage and determine if the items could be "fixed." I called Mary at the Louisville store, and was told she had left for the day. I explained that I had been told a resolution would be reached today, and had not yet received one. My finance called the store and indicated at this point, we want our money back ($2,200) and all financed funds to be voided, Bassett could come remove their furniture from our home, we no longer want anything to do with this company. We were told a representative (Mary, I presume) would contact us tomorrow, 12/20/06.

Jamee Rodriguez May 30, 2007

Beware of Model Home Furniture store, Mason Road, Katy Texas! Owned by the Ochoa family. They claim to be Christians and they are there to make a fast buck and rip you off! I purchased over $6,000 in furniture in their store because they advertise up to 70% discount on all types of furniture! Sounded like a great deal... Until I had to deal with them! They delivered damaged goods to my home and then REFUSED to replace them! It took months of going back and forth for them to simply refuse to give me a refund of $1600, they wanted me to keep the damaged furniture, or take a different set that was also defective!

I finally had to take it up with small claims court in Harris County. The judge even told her "this is not something customers spending all this money should go through, Fingers & Star wouldn't put their customers through this!"

Their wording on the receipts is store bought and not even LEGAL! It protects them and screws the customer!! DO NOT SHOP AT MODEL HOME FURNITURE! The sales at Metropolitan, Star & Fingers are better deals than MHF regular prices!!

• Me
    Melanie Day Nov 07, 2007

On 9/8/07 I ordered a sectional sofa from Bassett Furniture Direct, Wheaton, Illinois. Upon calling on 10/6/07, I was told that the fabric is back ordered and therefore I will not be receiving my furniture for another four to six weeks.

The catalog I had said "Custom furniture in 30 days." So there I was thirty days later and I am just told that the fabric is back ordered? Did the manufacturing people not know how to communicate with the stores that a fabric is not available?

So there I sat after four weeks expecting furniture delivery and personally I'm not even hopeful of seeing it by Thanksgiving. I paid this order in full - $3,046.82 by check. I'm sure they already cashed my check - yet no one is courteous enough to let me know that I will not have a sectional for my company to sit on next weekend? In another four weeks will I be told that I need to come in and pick another fabric because this is still unavailable?

When my associate told me of this "snafu" she asked if there was something I wanted her to do. I told her that she could reimburse me for shipping. She said the store manager would never do this because the men work so hard. Gee, I also worked hard for the money it cost me to buy the sectional - it is more than one months salary for me.

Did somebody forget to look at the fabric bolt the day the order arrived at the factory? All I can say is that somebody dropped the ball and now I am paying for their lack of consideration. They definitely need to take that "Custom Furniture in 30 Days" off of your advertising. It simply isn't true.

This is simply not acceptable practice from a business that wishes to have people continue to do business with them. I could not provide them with an invoice number because my order form does not have one. I also bought an extended warranty on the fabric which I assume will not begin until the actual furniture is delivered.

So yesterday 11/3/07 I finally get delivery of my furniture - and guess what --- the fabric is shabby beyond belief. Their back ordered fabric must not have come in because this certainly isn't the top of the line micro suede I ordered and paid for. It is blotchy and my son says it looks like a brown leopard. The weaving is irregular and the nap inconsistent. So I called the manager at the Wheaton,Illinois Store and was told that "NOW I have to deal with customer service" - I called them at 3:30 and supposedly they were opened until 4:00 - but no one called me back. I emailed them at customer service hoping to hear from Carolyn again who emailed me after the first incident. But then in reading all the other Bassett complaints it looks as though I may be suing Bassett furniture to get my money back because it sounds as though no one gets any satisfaction or help replacing shoddy furniture. So that's my story up until now.

• De
    denise 048 May 05, 2008

I BOUGHT MY GRAND DAUGHTER A BASSETTBABY TIMBER CREEK 4-1 CRIB SHE IS NINE MONTHS OLD SHE HAS GOT HER LEGS STUCK IN THE BARS TWICE FIRST TIME WAS EASY TO GET OUT YESTERDAY I COULD NOT GET HER LEG OUT I THOUGHT SHE BROKE IT THEY BETTER DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE WAY THIS CRIB IS CONSTRUCTED

• Bg
    B. G. in New York Jun 24, 2010

Seems to me that Bassett is still more interested in $s than sense - common sense that informs management how to treat customers. I recently ordered a custom sofa. I'll spare you the numerous back and forth interactions with the store (which should have scared me away) just to place the order, because it was the financing "opportunity" that really bugged me.

First, we were rushed to conduct a crazily hurried order over the phone to get in on some 30% sale before noon. The result was a GE financing arrangement not at all accurately explained by the salesperson. We were told that the first year of payments was "interest free." What we were NOT told was that if a customer was a dollar short or a day late, a finance charge of 28.9% would be tacked on to the ORIGINAL purchase. Meaning that my sofa could cost me 28.9% over the purchase price. Now, I have no intention of paying late, but life DOES happen. When I asked the salesperson about this deal and wouldn't sign the agreement, she told me my sofa was "already being built. "When are customers informed of the terms, " I asked. "After the paperwork is sent, " she replied.

These terms are usurious. BEWARE. This is how Bassett has decided to make money!