Complaints & Reviews

Resolved Refund on mattress

I bought a mattress on May 7th on May 8th decided that the mattress purchased was to large for the room bought a smaller mattress. Sleep Country put both purchases thru on my credit card. They said it would take 5-10 business days for the credit for the May 7th purchase. As of May 26 still no credit on my credit card. They now say 15 business days for a refund. Now 11 business days and still no refund. They now say 15 business days for a refund. I worked in the banking industry for over 25 years. If it is processed with the return it only takes maximum of 3 business days. They are deliberately holding onto the money. I would never every purchase a thing from this company. They will not answer the phone have to leave a message and wait for a return call.

RESOLVED

• Sleep Country Canada's response · Jun 04, 2020

Hi Laurie,
    We have sent you a private message in regards to your concern.

gift card 15%

I was informed that a15% gift card would be forwarded to me when I purchased two twin beds on the 12th of...

Duncan Furniture

mattress

Hi,
I am living in a nightmare for almost 10 days now. I purchased a Serta perfect sleeper on Jan 15 that the salesperson said was great. I told him I have back issues. It arrived on Sat/Jan 18, 2020 and I aired it out for a day because of the 'new smell' and slept on it for only 3 hours on Sun/Jan 19. it was so hard like a board I was in pain. I went to the store on Mon/Jan20 after work and the salesperson recommended i choose another mattress, the Kingsdown. I had to pay $50. (and my receipt does not reflect the taxes which he promised to fix but has not) and they would deliver it on Sun/Jan 26. Just after 1pm on Sunday they delivered the mattress and put it on the bed. I opened the window to air it out and went on to do other things. At 7pm I went to my bedroom to see if there was any heavy 'new smells' and look at the Mattress. I had a bit of a shock as it was sinking in the middle and there was no 'new smell' it smelled like a steam cleaning product. Like when I have my rugs and sofa cleaned. This is not a new mattress! It is a used one. I used a piece of wood to see how much it was sunk and took some photos with my cell ph. as I do not have a digital camera. I called customer Service Danny Le

15% back gift card

Hello, I just purchased a mattress and a Lifestyle Adjustable bed frame from the Abbotsford BC Sleep Country...

Abbotsford Furniture

warranty issues

My mattress has recently come apart. There's a black seam that holds the bottom of the mattress together...

Orleans Furniture

mattress

I have a bed with a 10 year warranty. I need to know what to do next. PLease tell me where to google on how to take a picture of a 3 to 4 inch dent in my mattress so I can send it to you for an exchange. I understand that I need to lay a broomstick or something on the bare mattress and put a measuring tape in the hole or bent springs. It is hurting my spine. Someone named Brian is going to phone in 4 to 6 weeks and I have paid 50$ plus tax. I would like to do this without him and faster than that. My mattress is only 2 years old, clean but the dent is hurting me. Please tell me where to send these pictures and what is required. I will save $1, 000 in doing so as I pick a new mattress. [protected]@hotmail.com eve adams 2 superior ave apt 12 toronto ontario m8v2m3 [protected]

• Updated by eve adams · Oct 24, 2019

I have a 2 year old mattress with a 3 to4 in dent that is hurting my back. I understand that I can send pictures with a broomstick or a stick and a measuring tape of the size of the dent and get a number or something to exchange the mattress. I have paid $50 plus tax for someone to come out to see it in 4 to 6 weeks. I would like a refund for that and do it the picture way. I did not know it was a 10 year warranty. Please tell me where to google this information to you and what is required. Please respond as soon as possible as my spine is really starting to hurt. [email protected] eve adams 2 superior ave apt 12 toronto ontario m8v 2m3 416 521 9437

• Updated by eve adams · Oct 24, 2019

I have written 2 complaints already and when it read submit it shows and empty square and tells me to write it again. No way. Have you recieved my 2 complaints? [email protected] [email protected]

Sleep Country Can Oct 28, 2019

Hello, we would be happy to walk you through our online warranty process. Please reach out to our customer service department and anyone of our representatives will be happy to assist. 1 888 753 3788

mattress and platform

I have been to the store twice and numerous emails to the 'customer service' email but I'm...

Winnipeg Furniture

I tried 4 mattress and none are soft enough for our liking

I purchased 4 different mattress now they say I can't have my money back I'm stuck with this mattress or I...

charge for lowering bed frame

My complaint is that if the store had told me just how easy it was to adjust the height of the bed frame, I...

15% promotional gift card

We purchased a bed from Sleep Country at Victoria Park Store #42 and were handed a GC for 15% off. sale...

warranty

I bought sleep number bed, horrible, exchanged it horrid... This was back in 2008. They gave me my money back...

refund

We had a bad experience here not once but twice. Our first experience we had bought a mattress from here. We...

mattress had a rip at the seam & box spring had bed bugs inside

Purchased a new set in the fall, come spring, we noticed bites on our arms which we disregarded for a few...

Hi,

We bought the mattress about two years ago. The theard has come off the sides and you can see the foam under. Its an expensive mattress and shouldnt be ruined that quick. I am looking for a replacement.
I have attached the photos and would like to resslove this issue asap. Thanks.

Name: Afnan Es-sayyid and Rifath Farshad
Address: 84 Ritchie Ave
email: afnoo.[protected]@hotmail.com
phone #: [protected]

• Updated by Afnan Es-sayyid · Jul 06, 2019

please remove my comment due to personal info.

Sleep Country Can Jul 09, 2019

Hello Afnan,

Thank you for bringing this concern to attention. We see how this would be disappointing for you to experience.
    However we do see that you have completed our online warranty process, and we have determine your mattress meets the manufacturer requirements for replacement. You should have received an email regarding the next steps on replacing your mattress. If you have not, please give our customer service department a call and we will be happy for further assist you 1 888 753 3788

customer service regarding adjustable base. order number 139b121795

I purchased an double adjustable base may 12at Fairview mall store Toronto.
Midge was very pleasant and courteous. I bought a double base- no mattress as my own fit. I have always slept in a double bed with no problem whatsoever but for some reason my feet go beyond the base when I'm sleeping - partially upright because of sleep apnea. Needless to say not comfortable.
I visited the manager of the store yesterday May 30 after being told by customer service that only the manager of the store could authorize my getting a queen size to replace. He said he had to contact the regional manager and he would get back to me by Friday 31- he was told I was leaving the following afternoon for two weeks holiday. I have not received any message regarding my request. I also advised him I would come back from my holiday and after one week would be leaving Canada June 23 for 3 months - citing an urgency to my problem.
Last night I watched an ad by Sleep Country regarding adjustable bases and how they aim to make the customer really satisfied.

Also, upon installation on May 21 my bed was extremely shakey. I called customer service and the following week two men turned up my bed and found the legs were not screwed in. At least my bed is now firm . I have not had a comfortable nights sleep since I got the bed.

Sleep Country Can Jun 05, 2019

Hello, we are sorry for the overall experience. We understand the time constraints and would like to look further into this. Please call us at 1-888-736-7647 ext: 33292 Vasili. We are looking forward, hearing from you.

mattress.

About 2 years ago, my husband and I purchased a bed from sleep country in Prince George. After a few weeks of sleeping on this terrible bed, we called the local store to tell them we needed a new bed as this one was uncomfortable and the pillow top was sliding off. We were told that it would settle out and to call after 90 days if there was still a problem. We called after 90 days ( roughly 110) and were told the warranty is up on the bed. We called once more and asked to talk to head office and we were told that all complaints go through the local store. 2 years later, we are still sleeping on this terrible bed. Its lumpy, the pillow top is hanging off one side making it impossible to get any sleep. The sheets also continue to slide off as the bed is un even.

Sleep Country Can May 24, 2019

Hello Sherilyn, we are sorry for your experience. Based on your description the mattress might have an actual warrant able defect. If you can please call us at 1-888-736-7647 ext: 33292 Vasilis, so that we may look deeper into your situation. Thank you

delivery driver

I have complained but I have not heard back from anyone as of yet, [protected]@harboursidepark.com is the e-mail, one of the drivers and I were at each other because the driver was not following the rules and by-laws plus the delivery driver broke the lobby lamp covers, he was also giving me attitude etc. We need to be compensated for the damages and time etc. I can be reached at [protected].

Kal

• Updated by Khalid Arabi · May 09, 2019

I have not heard back from anyone, do I have to go to CTV and other media to get your attention?

Sleep Country Can May 15, 2019

Hello Kal, we replied back to your original post with this response:

Hello Kal, I would definitely like to take a closer look on this complaint based on the notes above and the photos. My name is Vasili and I'm the team leader here at customer service. My phone number is 1-888-736-7647 ext 33292. Please feel free to call me directly so we can discuss this further.

However I would like to ask you to please either take down the pictures showing the faces of the people in them or blur out their faces. Thank you

service of the delivery person

Date: Tues March 19/19 two delivery drivers showed up at 555 Jervis Street, Vancouver, BC V6E 4N1 to deliver...

temperapeaudic mattress

[protected]
Regarding our Denied Request #1537535
August 25, 2018

Dear Christine Magee,

Why buy a mattress anywhere else? Well...No don't stand behind your products, pretend you care about customer satisfaction and your return policy is a facade.
We are writing to tell you how disappointed we are with your warranty program. We spared No expense buying your temperapeadic mattress several years ago as we had confidence that you get what you pay for and that we were investing in something We could trust that You would stand behind, as your marketing indicates.
Now it feels like we are lying on a old deflated marshmallow and feel ourselves always rolling towards the centre of the mattress and are waking up with sore backs.
Your warranty program is designed to hinder people who are Unsatisfied from getting retribution. Quite honestly, if the mattress stood up to what you promised, we'd prefer to leave 'Well enough Alone', as this is quite a troublesome inconvenient process to fulfill all the 'ruler measuring, photo taking and uploading' that you require to make a warranty claim. After jumping through all your hoops and doing what you required, we are then told our case is not accepted. Disappointed though we were, we tried living with it and simply cannot. We we are telling you that this kind of treatment is SO unacceptable.
I own a busy Massage Therapy practice and constantly have patients whose sore backs and Necks cause them to ask me where they can find a comfortable pillow or mattress. I will not be able to recommend Sleep Country after our disappointing experience. This is truly poor PR for your company. Not only are we very Unsatisfied customers but I honestly can't help but share our own regret for buying an expensive mattress from a reputable company only to be thoroughly disappointed when problems did come up.

Sincerely, Mr & Mrs Allard

Sent from my iPad

Sleep Country Can Feb 11, 2019

Hello Mr & Mrs Allard,

We are very sorry that our online inspection has found your mattress not defective. Our inspections are standardized to look at the product in question based on the warranty parameters set up by the manufacturer. From what we see the inspection was done this past August and therefore we would be more than happy to perform a new inspection. You can call us at 1-888-736-7647 and we can offer you another online inspection or perhaps try our in-home inspection as well.

• Mm
    Mme M. Leroux Juillet Apr 03, 2019

J ai acheté le matelat grandeur double le 05 Juillet 2018 c est le ICOMF TEMPACTIVE 1 TROP FERME LE 10 juillet 2018 changé pour le 11 et cette année en fevrier 19 je suit allé au magasin Dormez Vous pour dire à Michael D' Ortenzi que c était pas un semi ferme car je suit allé vérifié le semi ferme lui ok mais celui qu il m ont changé l an dernier supposé semi ferme non pas du tout très dur ma colonne est fini depuis 2012 et je fait de ostéoporose en plus des bursites aux hanches j ai beaucoup de difficulté à me levé car il y a une bosse ds le milieu alors je passe mes nuits à me réveillée à toutes les nuits je passe mon temps à essayé de dormir dans ma lazy boy c est pas vraiment une bonne place pour vraiment bien dormir.J ai beau tél au magasin mais non aucun résultat pour savoir quand l inspecteur passera il a contacté sa collègue elle m a tél j ai encore tout raconté elle me reponds je suit pas au courant sa vas prendre de 4 à 6 semaines pour inspecteur j ai dit non ça fait déjà 1mois que j attends hors de question que j attendrevplus car moi je déménage en avril et mon menages vas être entreposé car je ne peut pas avoir mon logement avant 30 juin 19. J ai tél encore Michael D Ortenzi et il voulait que moi je tél au # que j avait déjà tél c est juste un répondeur et il ne retourne pas l appelle c est ta job tél à ta collegue car moi je vait prendre d autre demarche c est la PETITE CRÉANCE pour me faire remboursé au complet au montant de ce que j ai payé $3, 145.62 .Si vs ne faites rien d ici le 05 2019 lundi le 08 avril 2019 je vait allé faire ma plainte avec toutes les factures que j ai et CROYEZ MOI je n aime pas me faire marché sur les pieds.Bonjour

Sleep Country Can Apr 04, 2019

@Mme M. Leroux Juillet Bonjour Mme Leroux,
    Merci d'avoir pris le temps de nous contacter concernant votre expérience au Dormez-Vous? Les commentaires de clients précieux aident notre entreprise à se développer de manière positive. Si vous pouvais appelé nous au 1-888-736-7647 ext: 32292 pour parle avec notre chef d'équipe du service a la clientele. Merci

refund and very rude treatment

Open Letter (complaint) to SleepCountry Canada I am writing this, as I had no choice left. A couple month...