Haverty Furniture Companies Logo

Haverty Furniture Companies

Having problems with Haverty Furniture Companies?

Haverty Furniture Companies reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 30, 2008. The latest review Living room furniture and dining room was posted on Jul 22, 2021. The latest complaint Poor Integrity was resolved on Oct 07, 2014. Haverty Furniture Companies has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 62 reviews. Haverty Furniture Companies has resolved 33 complaints.

Haverty Furniture Companies Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Haverty Furniture Companies Customer Service. Initial Haverty Furniture Companies complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Haverty Furniture Companies above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Haverty Furniture Companies. Discuss the issues you have had with Haverty Furniture Companies and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Haverty Furniture Companies Complaints & Reviews

Haverty Furniture CompaniesLiving room furniture and dining room

We purchased furniture months before we closed on our home and was give a delivery date. The salesman put in incorrect address and it went to wrong address. We were given an apology and was told that it would be delivered to us ASAP. And we still don't have our furniture and now we are getting the run around. We are military and never had this problem 😫

Apr 27, 2021

Haverty Furniture Companies — Atlas sofa & loveseat - arden (6 chairs 2 arm chairs) & 4 counter chairs

First the sofa and loveseat. We purchased these in Tyler Texas - 5/24/2018 They were delivered however, we...

May 27, 2020

Haverty Furniture Companies — Sofa and ottoman

I purchased a new sofa in March of 2019. Its barely a year old and the fabric is already fuzzy and looks like...

Haverty Furniture Companies — sleeper sofa, duvets & warranties

First off - our sales person was unavailable from the get-go. Tried repeatedly to reach him with our issue...

Havertys Furniture — havertys pay policies: dewey, cheetum & howe

If Havertys pay policies came into the 21st Century, you could tolerate working there. However, pay policy...

Haverty Furniture Companies — leather castleton sofa and loveseat

Haverty's quality of furniture is declining badly! They are no better than Badcock or Farmers Furniture. We...

Haverty Furniture Companies — gay bashing

A few weeks ago I was looking at the bedroom suits and shockingly overheard to blonde women gay bashing. I...

Haverty Furniture Companies — recliners

I bought two red leather recliners in august of 2013. The so called leather lasted about 3 years. We went on...

Havertys Furniture Companiessofa bed

The end of July, 2017, I ordered an Ericka Full Bed Gel Sleeper sofa bed from Haverty's in Knoxville, TN. I was in the store and sat on the floor model and picked out the desired fabric. I ordered the guardsman to protect the fabric and thought I would be happy with the product. It cost me $1447.53 including tax and delivery. After delivery, I complained about the cushions being too hard. I received a phone call from the sales person and an email which I am copying you. (Thank you so much for taking the time to complete our survey and giving us your feedback. We are committed to providing our customers with the highest level of service because you deserve the very best, Since you have received a brand new pieces cushions will be a lot firmer then the store models, store model pieces have been in home for months or more and are sat on by customers all day everyday . Please allow a couple week for your cushions to adjust to your body .) I have allowed plenty of time including the holidays when I had company. It is still hard! I contacted Haverty's customer service and they sent out a tech to check. He agreed it was hard but nothing could be done. I am extremely upset. I talked with customer service again and asked about swapping out the sleeper for just a plain sofa since they keep blaming the hardness on that. But they can't do that according to the customer service person. I am so disillusioned and disappointed and will never shop at Haverty's again. My friends and family will all hear about my displeasure, as well. Absolutely terrible that they can do nothing to help me. Oh, I forgot---the tech told me to put the cushions on the floor and walk on them. I am 75 years old and balance is not my best feature at this age. So, so upset with them.
    Copy of invoice:
    00FF
    TSI: E800ARC: 00
    Charge to 9209081 Receipt: [protected].53
    Havertys Acct Trans Date: 07/28/17 12:56 pm
    Financed by Havertys Credit Service, Inc. under credit promotion: Merchandise Reserved. Payment In Full
    Req'd Before Delivery
    Subtotal: 1, 324.97
    9.25% Tax: 122.56
    Total: 1, 447.53

Respond

Haverty Furniture CompaniesWorst experience ever!

What can I say? Bad bad bad, Havertys, it was terrible.
      We ordered four pieces of furniture for our daughter's room. And all of them arrived damaged. How is it possible?
      I was very disappointed. It meant that we would have to spend time on trying to return and replacing it, and I and my husband are very busy people, we have no tie for doing things like that and it will surely take us a long time. Thank you for making our lives worse, Havertys.

Haverty Furniture Companiesreturn pillows

On October 07, 2017 I purchased a cocktail table and two end tables from Havertys at 9735 Atlantic Blvd in Jacksonville Fl 32225. Upon reviewing the pamphlet that was given to me with my receipt, I noted that there is only a 3 day return policy. The furniture arrived without incident, I had no need to return, cancel or exchange.

Please note at no time did my salesman or the person who processed my payment mention this policy

At the same time I purchased 2 throw pillows, which I took home with me. Again there was no mention that these said sofa throw pillows were a final sale, or that they fell under a three day return policy. Frankly, had I known this I would not have purchased anything there.

Now I am told I can not return them, despite the fact they are unused and I purposely left the tags on until I could ascertain if they went with my decor, which they do not. My car has been in the repair shop since last Monday, and we had planned on bringing back the 2 pillows this weekend when we get our car back.

I think this is an unreasonable return policy

Haverty Furniture Companies — piedmont sectional

This sofa is now about 3 years old and the cushions are distorted and droopy. Very poor quality back...

Haverty Furniture Companies — Dinette set

Visited this store on christmas eve...In hopes to get a nice gift before christmas. The sales representative...

Haverty Furniture CompaniesLiving room suit

I purchased a living room suit from Havertys 3 years ago and they still havent made it right. The cushions have been replaced 3 times and they need replaced again. Now that it is out of warranty they wont do anything about it at all. I filed a complaint with the BBB and Haverty's lied to them and stated it was taken care of. NEVER purchase anything from havertys.

Haverty Furniture — Delivery of Service

My furniture was supposed to be delivered to my home as promised on Tuesday November 23, just in time for...

Havertys — Terrible sofa

We purchased this sofa based on the salesman telling us that is was their “top of the line sofa” and that the...

Haverty'sPoor Integrity

I went into the store with the expectation that the 3 items
            I had looked at and priced less than 30 days ago would be the same price. At
            the time I originally viewed the pieces, I was told by the sales associate that
            these items were not on sale, and was assured that the price would not increase
            in the near future. I took several photos of the items as a reference point for
            additional decorum. I returned to the same store, to only find that all 3 of
            the items were marked up $100 higher than when I originally viewed the items,
            but Haverty’s had a special for $100 off every $1000 spent. I informed the same
            sales associate of the original prices and he stated, “our prices don’t change.” After several minutes of trying to convince
            me I was lying, the associate called over a manager and she only insisted the
            same. At this point, I showed them both photos I had taken during my original
            visit, which included the original prices. In response to seeing the photos,
            the associate and manager began a 20 minute rant that included excuses as to
            why the items were marked up. I only asked them that they honor their original
            prices and the current sale advertised, which would have been a $200
            difference. I remained calm and polite
            during the entire exchange, but wasn’t treated with the same respect. They both
            insisted that I was trying to haggle them, and had little integrity. After
            having my intelligence insulted and being disrespected, I left the store with
            the $4200 I had desired to spend. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Havertys FurnitureDamaged furniture

Seven tries to deliver a head board and arm chair. Constantly reassured by customer service that these items will be thoroughly be inspected at the warehouse. The SAME arm chair was delivered 3 weeks in a row. It had scratches and a stained seat cushion. It was delivered again for the fourth time today and refused. The headboard arrived damaged too. Customer service is a joke. We sorry, we will take care of it, sorry this happened is all I get on the phone.
              Because of all of the damaged items and the refusals I went to the local store 30 miles from here to inspect everything. When I arrived damaged furniture was delivered to the store! The salesperson was even disappointed. This happened 4 weeks in a row so I stopped going and sure enough the next delivery was more damaged junk delivered to my home. It took 4 tries to get an acceptable dining room table. Five tries for a dresser. It been 5 months and we do not have a complete dining room set.
              Today I told the driver my wife is so mad at the company for all of this she wants to send everything back. The driver responded "Well send it all back". Unbelievable! I told customer service I will not tolerate an attitude from some truck driver. I intend to contact to CEO of Havertys about all of this. I have photos of all of the damaged items that arrived and I refused. This is the most incompetent organization I have ever dealt with.
              I will probably sue them in court. Maybe that will get someones attention. Do not ever buy anything from this company. Its all made in China junk. The worst furniture store, customer service, truck drivers with attitudes, and a store manager that does not give a damn. Sorry I ever walked into a Havertys store.

Haverty's Furniture — Poor Quality of Radford Leather Sectional

I have been a loyal customer and usually quite pleased. However, I purchased (in Orange Park, FL) the leather...

Haverty's Deco Floor LampBogus Low Price Guarantee

Three weeks ago I bought an expensive ($400) floor lamp at Haverty's in Knoxville, Tennessee. When I asked if I was going to see the item on sale soon, I was assured that I would not. In any event, I was told, they have a "low price guarantee" that is in effect for 30 days. Sure enough, this weekend the lamp was on sale for half off. However, when I contacted the store, they refused to honor the so-called guarantee. The reason offered was: the sale excluded previous purchases! What good is a "guarantee" that excludes previous purchases?