UPS / shipping damage

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

A very expensive amplifier was damaged in transit by UPS and they just don't care. The package was insured for $3, 000 and was left in the rain uncovered. It does not matter if the item is insured, they have failed to make contact to arrange the required inspection and refuse to issue a claim number. It has been two weeks now and nothing has happen. They offer no local phone number to contact the people who investigate claims. I suppose this will end up in court, the insurance is worthless if they won't even acknoledge the claim. Do not ship anything of value by UPS because they just don't care about you or your merchandise.

Bo

Comments

• Aj
      29th of Apr, 2009

they find it unusual for a customer to insure an item for $3, 000 but not request that a signature be required on delivery. They feel you are running a scam on them.

• Fu
      29th of Apr, 2009

The same thing happened to me when I shipped some dishes that I had sold on Craigslist. I purposely used USPS (from a UPS store) to make sure that they were handlec with the utmost care; in fact, I paid an additional $30. in shipping costs to do this... I packed them with more bubble wrap than was really needed and insured each box. The dishes in two of the boxes were broken and when I filed a claim to compensate the buyer, they gave me a runaround and then declined my claim with no explanation.

While I don't necessarily have control of what shipper is used when I purchase something being mailed to me, I do have control of who I personally use and I will not be using UPS in the future.

• Tv
      18th of Oct, 2010

Yes, here's another UPS complaint. I just received a computer, bought on line and shipped from Tennessee. The original shipper verifies that the box was in pristine condition. When I received the computer, it wouldn't boot up to Windows. After some lengthy work on my part, I discovered that the hard drive was damaged, which happens when rough handling occurs. How can that be proven to be the fault of UPS? Well, for starters, the box had a two -in gouge on one side, that went all the way through, and a 1 inch gouge on the other side. This was the original Compaq shipping box. How can that kind of damage occur to a 10 lb box?? Thankfully, but with a lot of wait time, Compaq has cheerfully honored the warranty, and I"m getting the replacement parts, but I still don't have a working computer until I install the recovery discs, then I have to hope everything recovers. The same driver apparently delivered the box with the hard drive, but he rang the doorbell and then left without getting a signature from me. He knew what he was delivering and probably was not prepared for a confrontation from me, which I was quite prepared to do. I will NEVER knowingly use UPS again. See picture(s)

• Do
      21st of Dec, 2016

I shipped a flat screen TV through the Ups packaging store and when received it was damaged. A UPS rep came out the investigate the damage and reported it back to UPS. The TV was insured and Packaged by them. They responded that they were not responsible because it was not packaged properly. I responded back and told them they packaged it and i was told they were not responsible because the UPS store is a support entity to them and I must refer my complaint to them I forward this information to the BBB and they said no one would respond to their inquiry. Paying for insurance for your protection is a SCAM and someone need to do something about this. THERE are too many complaints and nothing is being done.

• Ju
      23rd of Aug, 2018

I'm continually getting damaged shipments from UPS. Today being one of them. I ordered canned fruit and it arrived as a ripped up box and damaged cans that leaked all over everything else that I ordered. I can't return it to the company that I bought it from but I get it replaced. I'm getting tired of filing damaged claims with the company that I purchase products. I personally will never use UPS to ship anything.