UPS Canada / poorest customer service

1 MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Ups canada sucks,
Poor customer service
High school drop out customer service,
Poor jokers.
One call takes 45 minutes to 1 hour to sort out issues or even 30 minutes to arrange pick up on phone.

Avoid ups canada by all means, it really sucks,

It is waste of time, money and peace of mind / .

Just avoid. . .

Ups sucks all the way,

Sa

Comments

• Ro
      4th of Jul, 2008

I shipped a parcel to a residence from Vancouver to Hamilton Ontario, the package arrived at the customers home (my Brother) opened and empty. You'd think the flunky driver would have noticed the package was opened and weighed next to nothing and was empty. Luckily, I will be able to extract some vengance if they don`t refund the price of the merchandise ( a mere $20), and the $24 for the shipping. I am the logistics controller were I work. We ship hundreds of packages with UPS a year, we also have a FedEx account. It is my responsibilty as to which company we use. Even if UPS is cheaper, I could call FedEx and they would easily match the price. I will costs them thousands of dollars because of their $44 screw up.

• Li
      5th of Aug, 2008
    Best Best Advice +8 Votes

OMG!!! I COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE. IT IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. GET THIS!! TODAY, I WAITED FOR MY LAPTOP TO COME BACK FROM BEING REPAIRED. I WATCHED THE LAZY S.O.B. LOOK AT MY ADDRESS, AND DRIVE AWAY!! THEN, I LOOKED ON THE TRACKING ONLINE, AND IT SAID, "1ST ATTEMPT, CUSTOMER NOT HOME"!!! THAT LAZY LIAR ACTUALLY DIDN'T EVEN GET OUT OF HIS TRUCK, AND I WAITED ESPECIALLY TO RECEIVE THAT PARCEL. NOW THEY TELL ME THE DRIVER WILL COME BACK...SOMETIME BEFORE 8PM! I HAD TO LEAVE; WE MOVED TO ANOTHER CITY TODAY AND IF I WAITED ANY LONGER, WE'D MISS OUR FLIGHT. HOW IS THAT FOR A COMPLETE JOKE?

• Aa
      16th of Aug, 2008

LOL, got pwned by UPS big time. Ordered my iphone from Fido on July 31, Fido gave Iphone to UPS on AUG 1st... and the last thing Fido got from UPS is the phone is on trasit on AUG 6th... and requires signiture. The Rep and Fido is kind enough to ask me whats happening with UPS... and this is the funny part

Called UPS, gave UPS my tracking number (saying in a way so they dun misheard me...one -zulu-zero-three-yankee... ) and UPS claims the tracking number doesnt work, need to reconfirm with Fido... OK, so I called fido and the rep wth (literally) and confirms the tracking number is correct. I did my check on UPS web and it shows in trasit since AUG 6th as well... so I call UPS back, another peoson picks up.. gave him the same tracking number and they said the guy delivered on teh aug 6th and I was not home... and no one replied after 2 visits.

How can that be possible? I work at home and I only have one contact number which is my cell~ 2 visits? I dun even have a reminder stick to the door~

I never seem to have problem with Fedex, Perolator, or even the new-comer DHL... why does UPS ahve to stand out from the crowd sooo much - for being so suck?

25th of Aug, 2008

UPS is definitely the worst courier service I ever had to deal with.
    My package arrived at the sortation plant just less than an hour away on July 27/08. It is now August 25 and I still don't have the package. Many, many, many calls with no explanation and every call resulting in an email to another call center and another and another, and on every call I was promised I would receive a call back. Of all the calls I have made(around 10) I had one call back. That was almost 2 weeks ago. They told me I should have the item the next day. What a joke.

• Mi
      29th of Aug, 2008

Yes, their service is horrible, i had to call them every day for 4 days, every time I gave them (the same) address to re-direct the delivery and they kept sending it to my home address (the original address). Every time they say: oh, we apologize, we changed the address and the following day the same thing - package goes to the wrong address... Unfortunately i had no choice because tigerdirect.ca uses UPS but chances are I won't be ordering things from tigerdirect in the future...

• Do
      19th of Nov, 2008

Ups what a company shipped items cod worth 400.00 missed 1 x on shipping label were there driver accepted and did not notice this still had a big red cod tag on item i assume the delivery driver never seen this or collected the money do these people not have to balance
    Called to complain asked if i had a concern $400.00 is not a concern it is a paycheque did not get anywere

Never had a issue with canada post they screw up they pay

I would hope ups decides to resolve this issue and refund me someday if sothey can contact tropical breeze in sudbury ont

I shipped a item recently at a $30.00 cost they can take this of my refund cheque

Don

• Pe
      6th of Apr, 2009

We just went thru the same sort of problems. Driver indicated he left the package at our door but we never go it. We re-ordered the item(350.00) and it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow 7 Apr 2009. The bell rings today (the 6 th)and we get a package, driver quickly drops it off on the porch and takes off. It's early I think... not so fast, I'm supposed to get 2 items, this is only 1 so I figure they scewed up again then notice the address is not mine! Sorry, sorry is all they seem to say. Now I have to wait around again so the driver can return(maybe today). It just doesn't get any better. We've been waiting for over 1 month for our package at this point.
    Peter
    Victoria. BC

• Wn
      30th of Jul, 2009

UPS CANADA SUCKS - HONESTLY "NO OTHER" LOGISTICS COMPANY IN CANADA COMPARES IN THAT REGARD! TOTALLY INCOMPETANT LOCAL EMPLOYEES AND UPS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS DISCUSTING! -- PERHAPS ENGLISH ARE NOT THE DRIVER'S 1ST OR EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE, IS UPS' EXCUSE -- BUT IF THAT'S THE CASE, DOES UPS EVEN CARE AS TO WHO THEY ARE HIRING, AND/OR HOW THEIR BUSINESS PRACTICES ARE THE REASON THE ARE CONSIDERED INDISPICABLE TO THE AVERAGE CONSUMER WHO HAS TO ENDURE A TYPICAL UPS CANADA DELIVERY EXPERIENCE??!!! THINK NOT! WE THE CANADIAN CONSUMER REALLY ARE THE ONES TO TAKE CONTROL -- WHEN YOU ARE DEALING WITH AN ONLINE BUSINESS - FIRST INSIST THEY ADVISE YOU WHO THE COURIER IS -- IF IT'S "UPS" (CANADA/USA/INTERNATIONAL -- ALL THE SAME) ASK THEM WHAT ARE THE OTHER OPTIONS FOR SHIPPING, AND IF THEY DO NOT OFFER ANYTHING BETTER THAN "UPS" THAEN TELL THEM YOU'LL SHOP ELSEWHERE. IF THEY REALLY CARE ABOUT THE SELL, THEY'LL OFFER YOU AN ALTERNATIVE TO UPS! I ASK FOR INTERNATIONAL OR RIORITY POSTAL SHIPPING, UNLESS THEY OFFER ANOTHER COURIER COMPANY YOU TRUST (I LIVE IN WINNIPEG, AND I'VE HAD POSITIVE EXPERIENCES WITH THE SEVERAL OTHER COMPETITIVE "PRIORITY COURIERS" - CANADA POST, UNITED STATES POSTAL SRV/USPS, FED-EX, PUROLATOR AND DHL. AND, WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO ME - THE DRIVER'S ARE ON THE BALL - IF THERE IS A QUESTION ABOUT DELIVERY, THEY TYPICALLY WILL CALL YOU - THE MORNING OF - OR JUST PRIOR TO DELIVERY. SOUNDS LIKE GOOD COMPANY PRACTICE THESE DAYS, IN MY OPINION.

REASONS "NOT" TO GO WITH UPS CANADA:

** UPS DRIVERS ARE LAZY AND/OR POSSIBLY NOT KNOWLEDGEABLE OF LOCAL STREET ADDRESSES, NOR ARE THE DRIVER'S PROVIDED A CELL PHONE (A RECENT 'SO CALLED ONLY ATTEMPT' TO DELIVER TO MY ADDRESS, WAS RETURNED TO THE DEPOT WITH HAND PRINTED SCRAWL -- "ADDRESS DOES NOT EXIST - THERE IS NO 3RD FLOOR" (AS ADDRESSED)...HMMMmmm.. I DID NOT KNOW THAT - GEE, MAYBE I RESIDE ON THE 4TH FLOOR? WAS - WOW JUST WHERE DID I WAIT ALL DAY FOR DELIVERY FOR DELIVERY - ON THE 4TH FLOOR OF MY 3RD FLR APT BLOCK?

** UPS PACKAGE RETURNED TO DEPOT AS "ADDRESS DOESN'T EXIST", DOES PROVIDE A LOCAL CONTACT NUMBER -- BECAUSE THE DRIVER DOES NOT POCESS A CELL PHONE, THE DISPATCHER ALSO SEES NO REASON TO CALL THE LOCAL CONTACT PHONE NUMBER FOR THE RECEPIENT THAT IS NOTED WITH THE DELIVERY ADDRESS PROVIDED ___ PERHAPS THEY'RE NOT PAID ENOUGH BUY UPS TO "THINK" OUTSIDE THE BOX??? "NO - CAN'T BE" ---- INSTEAD, THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY (3 DAYS LATER), THEY SEND AN UGLY POST CARD VIA CANADA POST TO ADVISE YOU BECAUSE YOUR ADDRESS DOES NOT EXIST, YOU HAVE TO GO DOWN TO THEIR OUT-OF-THE-WAY LOCATION (WITH FANTASTIC HRS - OPEN WEEKDAYS TIL 5:30PM LOCAL - CLOSED WEEKENDS & HOLIDAYS) WITH IDENTIFICATION ---- AND GUESS WHAT? WHEN THE POSTAL CARD IS RECEIVED THE FOLLOWING BUSINESS DAY (VIA CDA POST), YOU ARE GIVEN ONE FULL BUSINESS DAY TO PICK UP YOUR PACKAGE, OTHERWISE "UPS" WILL RETURN PACKAGE TO THE ORIGINATOR --- MY - WHAT FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICES ---- "NOT!!!"

**YOU RUSH DOWN DURING RUSH HOUR TO PICK UP PACKAGE BEFORE THEIR DOORS CLESE AT 5:30PM. THE GAL AT THE COUNTER TELLS YOU PERHAPS THE DRIVER IS NEW, AND SORRY THERE'S NO WAY THEY CAN CALL YOU IF THERE IS AN ADDRESS CONCERN AS THEY ARE NOT PROVIDED CELL PHONES (THAT'S WHEN A GUY NEXT TO ME, WHO DOES APPEAR NOT TO SPEAK MUCH ENGLISH, IS HANDED A JOB APPLICATION, AND IT'S VERY POSSIBLE HE WILL BE A FUTURE UPS EMPLOYEE.

** THE UPS GAL AT THE DISPATCH COUNTER HANDS ME THE SHIPPING INVOICE THAT IS TO INCLUDE ALL ADDITIONAL CHARGES - SHIPPING IF APPLICABLE (PRE-PAID TO THE ONLINE RETAILER), AND THE GST & PST AS APPLICABLE. I PAY THE TOTAL CHARGES GST, PST AND WALK OUT AT LEAST A BIT MORE CALM. NOT A SATISFACTORY EXPERIENCE, BUT AT LEAST I HAVE MY PACKAGE --- AT MY OWN ADDITIONAL TIME AND EXPENSE... KUTOS TO "UPS" LAZY BUGGERS WHO'VE ALREADY RECEIVED THEIR SHARE OF THE $27.50 U.S. SHIPPING COST PAID AT THE TIME OF MY PURCHASE WITH THE ONLNE RETAILER (SMALL PKGE, UNDER 1 KILO.).

**UPS CUSTOMER SERVICE - IS THERE SUCH A THING? I DO NOT THINK SO - NO ONE FROM UPS HAS EVER ASKED FOR MY OPINION OF UPS - I GUESS THEY DO NOT LKE TO HEAR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. IN FACT WHEN I RECEIVED MY UGLY POST CARD FROM UPS, IT WASN'T EVEN ADDRESSED AS FROM UPS. IT SIMPLY HAD THE STREET ADDRESS OF THE DISPATCH OFC LOCATED IN IDUSTRIAL WINNIPEG. I CALLED THE TOLL FREE NUMBER PROVIDED UNDER THE STREET ADDRESS, AND A VOICE MSGE SIMPLY STATED THAT "THE REASON I WOULD BE CALLING THE PHONE NUMBER WOULD BE BECAUSE I MUST OF RECEIVED A CARD IN THE MAIL, ADVISING THAT THE PACKAGE COULD NOT BE DELIVERED...BLAHBLALHBLAH...AND TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE CARD.” WHAT KIND OF COMPANY PROVIDES THAT KIND OF PATHETIC CUSTOMER SERVICE. COME ON UPS CANADA - GET WITH IT!!!

** UPS POSTS A LETTER TO MY ADDRESS (GEE, WHY DIDN'T I RETURN IT UPON RCPT - MARKED "NO SUCH ADDRESS - NO 3RD FLOOR" LOL!!! ANYWAYS, THEY IDENTIFYING ALL THE APPLICABLE CHARGES - GST AND PST AND GUESS WHAT!...ALSO NOW AN ADDITIONAL BROKERAGE FEE!!! LOL - CAN U BELIEVE IT!!! WASN'T IDENTIFIED WHEN I WENT DOWN AND PICKED UP MY PACKAGE DUE TO THEIR INCOMPETENCE - NOW THEY ARE ADDING IDIOTIC INSULT - BUY DEMANDING I PROMPLY PAY THE BROKERAGE FEE AFTERWARDS? THEY REALLY MUST BE A BUSINESS HURTING FOR $$$! COULD IT BE DUE TO THEIR INCOMPETANCE - OPERATING AS AN UNPROFESSIONAL PRIORITY COURIER COMPANY? OMG - IT'S SO FUNNY - NOW I GET WEEKLY PHONE MESSAGE (FROM THE MARITIMES OFC I IMAGINE), AND WHEN I ANSWER, IT'S JUST A VOICE RECORDING - NOW IS THREATENING ME THAT I WILL BE REFERRED TO A THIRD PARTY FOR COLLECTIONS, AND THAT MY ACCOUNT WILL DE TERMINATED (WHAT ACCOUNT - I AM NOT A UPS CLIENT - NEVER WAS AND NEVER TO BE!). THE FUNNY THING IS I WAS ONLY THE RECEPIENT TO RECEIVE THIS PACKAGE FOR AN OUT-OF-TOWNER WHO RESIDES OUTSIDE OF WHERE UPS DELIVERS TO! WHAT A JOKE.
    TOO FUNNY, IN WINNIPEG!

• Do
      9th of Aug, 2018

@wnpgr I agree 200% with your first and second paragraph about being lazy and writing attempt made and nobody home or doesn't exist, I just experienced that with my parents. Now my 80year old folks have to go to a pharmacy to pick up their box with no car 3 to 4 miles away. I finally had my lesson NEVER NEVER AGAIN UPS

• St
      6th of Oct, 2009

Yes they do suck badly. I can't believe how unproffessional and unhelpful they have been so far for us. WARNING - if you are shipping to a "remote" location in Canada -don't use UPS. They won't tell you this when you ask but they hand your package off to Purolater and chances are Purolater doesn't deliver to your "remote" location either, so they in turn will hand it off to "Canada Post". We live less then 2 hours south east from Calgary and 45 minutes west from Medicine Hat. I didn't know that was remote, but next time I hitch up my dog team to sled to the market I'll keep that in mind!
    Somehow my package ends up taking nearly a month to get to me! To top it off it's a CPU for a blind person and it is broken and arrives in bubble wrap not the original box it was shipped in. So here we are trying to get some answers and help from the claims department and being ignored! They do not answer email even though the read receipt shows they read it - and they do not return phone calls. They say the delay was because the province was omitted by the shipper. Well duh, the rest of the address and phone number for the receiver were there - even I who live in the "remote" part of Canada have a phone! They say it doesn't make sense that a CPU shipped in the original manufacturers box should arrive without the box and wrapped in bubble wrap. Yeah, we think thats weird too - like - I'm making a stretch here - maybe the shipping company so badly destroyed the packaging that they had no choice but to scrap the whole box and wrap it in bubble tape instead. Meanwhile the blind fellow who needs his computer is left without it because it is broken and UPS is ignoring us. All we want to know is can we get it repaired while they take their sweet time (over 7 business days since the claim, over a month since it was shipped) to "investigate". They won't answer and we are worried if we fix the computer they will then say that they can't "investigate the damages" because we have altered it. THIS IS CRAP. I am so sure they will eventually try to blame the other companies, either Purolator or Canada Post. Either way, we are completely disgusted.

18th of May, 2010

Just got off the phone with some [censor]ter in New brunswick, complete idiots, gave me the secretary to Mike Tierney, supposedly in charge in Toronto but based in York - an hour from downtown, secretary's machine picked up? WTF ? number is 905-676-6959 if any vicims after me want the #.

• Te
      18th of Jun, 2010

UPS via parcel shipped from USA to Canada. Local delivery company for UPS is Purolator Courier. We had a parcel shipped from the USA prepaid. It arrived at our door on a Monday morning with COD charges of $6.83 HST. The driver would not accept cash and since we don't have credit cards I told him to hold the parcel at the depot and I would pick it up Tuesday afternoon. Tuesday morning, the same delivery man shows up at the door with the same parcel - COD. I told him that I had said yesterday, Monday, to hold the parcel at the depot and I would pick it up. I called the UPS and the rep told me that they required either a credit card, money order or certified cheque for the $6.83 HST charge. Fine, I went to the bank and got a money order. Then, I found out that the parcel would not be back in the depot until after 5PM because the driver still had it on his truck. Well, I then told the UPS rep to have the package delivered to me on Wednesday and that I had a money order for the COD charge. I waited at home all day Wednesday and no one showed up. I called and was told that the driver had until 7 PM to deliver the parcel. So, I waited and canceled plans to go out. No parcel. Thursday, I called the UPS again and the rep told me that the records showed that the driver had tried to deliver the parcel and I had refused it. Bulls--t. I was home all day waiting. So, I asked the rep, What do I have to do to get my hands on the parcel. She told me that I could pick it up at the Purolator depot on Friday between 9 Am and 6 PM. Fine. So I call the person in the USA who sent the parcel supposedly all prepaid. She said she would contact UPS on Friday and pay the COD charge on her credit card. Which she did. Friday around 2:30 PM I receive a call from a UPS rep telling me that the COD charges had been paid by credit card and I could pick up my parcel. Great. So I went to the Purolator Courier Depot in Truro, NS, Canada to finally pick up the parcel. They had not received any confirmation from UPS that the COD charge for the HST of $6.83 been paid by anyone by credit card. Fortunately I had taken the bank money order with me. I gave the Purolator rep the Money Order and told her that my address was on the money order and when they got confirmation of it already being paid by credit card they could mail a reimbursement to me. Finally, when I got home, there was a message on the phone answer service at 4:30 PM from a UPS rep telling me that the COD amount had been paid and that they would notify Purolator Courier and that I could pick up my parcel on Monday. I agree, USP really SUCKS and now so does the service from their rep in Canada = Purolator Courier who delivers their packages. If this whole fiasco were not so frustrating it would be hilariously funny. I recommend using FedEx or Canada Post. Stay away from USP and Purolator Courier services.

• Wi
      23rd of Jun, 2010

UPS CANADA SUCKS! HP shipped a package to me via UPS two weeks ago, but the package has not arrived yet. I called UPS many times, they told me that they could not find my address and asked me to wait for their calling. To avoid wrong address, I double check it. There is nothing wrong with the address. Then I called UPS again; they said they would call me to pick up the package in 1 hour. As they usually do, UPS did not call me back. I do not know what is going on with them. I am leaving Canada, but I have not got the package which I should have received two weeks ago. UPS Canada sucks! While other companies can easily find my address, UPS spends more than 2 weeks doing that. And I am not sure where the package is right now. What i said is ture. This is my tracking number 1Z6F40470401620599. I have no idea about the tracking information.UPS CANADA SUCKS!

• Ke
      10th of Sep, 2010

UPS made me wait for 1.5 hrs for nothing and driver refused to deliver!!!

I just want to share another complaint toward the infamous UPS.ca.

I ordered a mattress from COSTCO.ca, which unfortunately it would be delivered by UPS.ca. Firstly, they were at my building but refused to deliver because my name is not on building directory even the entry code was provided. (found it out later online) Not a problem, I called them back on early Wednesday to update it and was told it would be delivered for Thursday.

On Thursday morning, I saw there was no update on its site and I called them to confirm if it is being out of deliver. The rep told me that they would have the depot to call me back in an hour. I waited and waited, and finally got a called back after 7 hours later (almost 6pm). The depot told me that she wasn’t sure where my mattress is… (oh well, things happened and wasted my whole day) They promised me it would be delivered tomorrow for sure.

Friday morning, still no updated on its site and I really needed the mattress to sleep on. I called again and they told me that I would get a call back by depot in 15 minutes, but still no call. I actually lost my hope and didn’t expect I would get it today after passed the noon. To my surprise, I finally got UPS buzzed my entry code around 4pm, I opened the door immediately and rushed to balcony to see the driver unload my mattress off the truck and expected that he would come up in any minute, but not. The driver just stood by his truck and playing with his smart phone, I was thinking maybe he is just waiting for another co-worker to help him to move the mattress. After few minutes, I saw the driver put the mattress back into the truck and drove away. I was speechless and then I spoke to a supervisor about the event. The supervisor called me back and wanted me to meet the driver in front of the building at 5:20pm, because they said it is more than 70 pounds and would need my help to move to my unit. Fine, I went down to the main door in time and waited for the driver till 6:05pm. I went back to my unit and spoke to another supervisor about it.

About a little after 8pm, the driver finally came and I went downstairs with my hand truck to meet him. The driver unloaded the mattress and tried leave me there alone. I questioned him that if he is going to help me to move the mattress, he replied by saying don’t you have anyone to help you out. I told him no and then he reluctantly to put it on my hand truck and made me to pull forward by taking up all the weight. That really got under my skin, I told him that I am not a big guy and I was supposed to be there to help him, not the other way around. And then he told me that he did me a favour for return. He jumped back on his truck and was ready to leave me alone in front of the building. I was completely shocked of his behaviour and I thought that they are supposed to deliver it to the front of the door. I told him that you cannot leave me like this, and then he made to say please. I gave in because I wanted the mattress so bad. Even then, the driver still made me to pull the hand truck going in front and left me and my mattress in the elevator and just left. Luckily, someone who lives in the building saw this and offered his help to move my mattress.

Overall, I do appreciate the helps by the two supervisors, Jennifer and Sam, who helped me to get my mattress before the weekend. However I am very disgusted of the driver’s behaviour and attitude.

Sept 10th, 2010

• Ol
      12th of Nov, 2010

UPS charges whatever they want to charge for brokerage fees. I am not referring to normal taxes and any applicable duties. Just an outright fee based on whatever they decided they could squeeze out of Canadians.
    I ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT BROKERAGE FEE AND ON TOP OF IT WE SHOULD MENTION TERRIBLE SERVICE . THEIR RIGHT HAND DOESN'T NOT KNOW WHAT IS DOING THEIR LEFT HAND. VERY VERY SAD TO GET SERVICE LIKE THIS IN CANADA.

• Jb
      3rd of Dec, 2010

UPS customer service on the phone is awful. Also, their brokerage fees constitute extortion, pure and simple. I hate ordering something from the US when the seller ships it UPS. I always recommend ANY other shipper. Impossible to reach on the phone. Lie about their wait time, which is really appalling, since if they told the truth at least I could do something else while I was waiting. I am spending my waiting time writing this complaint, and will continue to add to other web sites while I am on hold.

• Me
      14th of Jan, 2011

Hi there,
    I had purchased from amazon and they sent out my package by ups.This order was sent out through ups and the worst service I have ever had. 2 different days they had told me my address does not exsit, and after speaking to their representative before my pkg was delivered they still screwed up. I then spoke to them right after the 1st day when they told me they couldn't find my house.I gave them specific comments towards my house- ie attached to a business no other house beside and christmas lights all over the deck.Once the 2nd time came through saying my address does not exsit I was angry at this point. I do not understand how a company like amazon uses UPS. THEY were rude and now I dont know if I will ever receive my package as they keep telling me my address does not exsist and I was told today by a LOVELY ups agent "Its not my fault you provided a fake address" FAKE ADDRES excuse me, I have lived in this house for over a year now and this house has been there for over 5 years. Its funny how my house exsists on google maps but does not exsit in genereal when involving UPS. I wish amazon would use better shipping companies, just knowing that they possible may use ups I will not Buy from amazon anymore.

• Al
      24th of Jan, 2011

UPS is the worst courier company inexistence. They charge outrageous amounts in brokerage and fees of all kinds, and this AFTER the shipment has been paid for by the sender. You have to pay or you don't get your package.
    Now they have just outdid themselves by charging me $153.71 in fees for a replacement under warranty that was free from the sender. I had to pay to receive the part I needed badly.
    Even if i have all the paperwork that proves that this item has no commercial value, they absolutely refuse to reimburse me.
    They are just a bunch of crooks !

• Al
      24th of Jan, 2011

@ Stealth Pilot,
    Yes I do know that we get hit very hard with the customs, even though there is a supposedly-called "Free-Trade Agreement" between US and Canada.
    And since a couple years, on top of the federal tax, we now have the provincial tax here in Quebec that gets added to the bill. This is a blatant rip-off as a provincial tax is supposed to be applied to items sold INSIDE the province.
    But what I'm revolting against here, is the fact that UPS charges EXTRAVAGANT brokerage "FEES" and other nebulous charges just for brigning a package into the country !
    Their brokerage charge often surpasses the value of the item you imported !
    And don't tell me it's complicated to do the paperwork for this, I'm sure it doesn't take more than 30 seconds per package.
    I will repeat myself, they're CROOKS, the worst kind of profiteers, and here I won't go into their habit of regularly damaging or loosing packages, because it would be too long.

• La
      24th of Mar, 2011

I agree that UPS is a terrible courier. Today a package was delivered and since no one was home, the package was left by the door, in the snow.

As such the contents were damaged.

Another time, UPS was delivering a Wii. Again we were not at home so the driver gave it to a neighbour and had them sign it, with no directions to do such an act.

Another time I had to go to their local office to pick up a printer. Printed clearly on the box is "Handle with Care", and they were dropping it on the counter carelessly.

UPS here in Edmonton, Alberta, sucks.

• Me
      1st of Jun, 2011

We purchased a laptop from Ontario. The first attempt to deliver was Friday. No one was home. Fine. They said they would make the second attempt Monday. They did not show up, so we requested that the parcel be held at the UPS station for pickup. One woman told us we had to wait until morning to place the hold for the same day (Tuesday). So, we phoned early Tuesday and placed the hold in hopes of picking it up. When I phoned to make sure it was there before driving to the frigging airport, I was told that the hold had to be placed the day before by 7:00 p.m.! Completely contradictory advice. She said it was still on the truck so I asked if a delivery attempt would be made and was told "yes". I have sat in my house for seven hours and again a no show. DO NOT USE UPS CANADA. The service is horrendous.