University Of Phoenix, Axia / misinformation, deceitful enrollment tactics

Midvale, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8013132945
I enrolled at the university of phoenix's axia college. I was told that FAFSA would pay for most of the bills for my school and that I wouldn't have any lab fees. Then I checked out a bill for 2000k+ for just the two classes I was taking. I was misinformed and mislead to to believe that I would pay just 2800 (quoted price) for the whole year of schooling and that it was a great learning experience. Then I started my first day. The whole process is disorganized and misleading (totally misleading, they lied and then avoided phone calls). I'm currently in the process of dropping my classes and trying to cut ties with this "school"

Comments

Li
  3rd of Nov, 2008
University of Phoenix is eager to review comments of deficiencies from its students and works diligently to review and improve areas identified. Furthermore, students are encouraged to work directly with their campus to resolve their issues. After working with the campus, should further attention be necessary, students may contact the the Office of Dispute Management (ODM) for assistance. To pursue a specific issue, call 602.557.5566. We will also have one of our staff members personally reach out to you to help you work through this situation.
To
  24th of Mar, 2009
I would have to agree with the person making the complaint 100% this school is not on the up and up I myself have some issues with this school, they are lying to get enrollments for the school saying that they offered the RN course and you can take the clinical at a local hospital then later they say that that was not discussed. They also give you instructor's who do not respond to you when you ask questions I went to this school as you said for 3 weeks without a counselor so I had no idea what was happening in this school. I think that a class action suit should be brought against them and show these people that they are not above the policies and procedures they are supposed to uphold. These schools are designed to help someone who is not in the best of situations to become self sufficient in a way that they would have the ability to take care of themselves and their families, if I spend 4 years in a 2 year program because you keep failing me so that you can stifle out federal funding from the government how will this become possible? I would suggest to you that we do not allow this school to do this to us we have so many agencies that can be contacted if we do not tell on this school then they will never know what they are doing to us.
Torna Browne tornabrowne@yahoo.com
Ar
  16th of May, 2009
My sister and I both attend Axia and have had few issues. We both make great grades, and while at times it is difficult to get ahold of couselors or advisors, they always return our messages. Federal aide has been slightly confusing, but we receive statement for our college loans, and we receive our pell grants, which cover a great deal of our schooling. Online school, is a huge investment. I would not recommend it for anyone who is not easily self taught or is in a bind. There are many challenges, but I really enjoy this school. It is very important to be aggressive with questions you have. Don't be afraid to let advisor's phone's ring non stop and their message box fill up. I am going into my second year, and so far so good.

University of Phoenix [UOPX] Logo University of Phoenix [UOPX]