TurboTaxfiling taxes — free???

Our name is fidel & nancy moreno. We filed our taxes through (intuit) turbo tax absolutely free. That is a big laugh. There is nothing free about it. We had completed everything then all of a sudden it said we couldn't file for free. For 39.99 we could continue to file so we decided fine, then they charged us another 39.99 for both state & federal then they also charged us for e-filing. Which wasn't stated. You suck people in then you stab them in the back. You are greedy and money hungry but believe me when I say I will never recommend your services to anyone.in fact if I hear anyone say they are going to file with you, I will make sure they don't. You need to change your absolutely free because that is false advertising. We live month to month and the 117.?? You took from us could have bought a few extra groceries. Thanks for nothing fidel & nancy moreno.

Fi
Feb 15, 2018

Comments

•   Feb 15, 2018

It clearly tells you the free file is ONLY for an EASY 1040. Not state, not itemization. If you have to include state and any itemization at all you pay a fee. READ before you do anything. That's the problem. People don't pay attention and just click buttons then come back and complain.

• Fi
      Feb 16, 2018

@Wine Is Good Well guess what we did read and we are not the first people to have this problem. And furthermore if you watch the commercials it states for all, so why don't you pay attention. You are just one of the lucky ones. Read and follow directions before you open your mouth.

•   Feb 18, 2018

@Fidel & Nancy Moreno I have used Turbo Tax literally for nearly 20 years. I think I know what the hell I am talking about.