TrendMicro / Autodeduct from bank account

1 Eugene, OR, United States Review updated:

Had $45.95 deducted from my account without my authorization.

Had to wait, as the bank gave me ERRONEOUS contact info.
[protected] - phone number on account.

The phone number is actually for Digital River, a credit card clearing house that handles online business for Norton/Symantec, TrendMicro, Microsoft, and many other large companies.

The VISA database is in error about the website, and as of this date, refuses to correct their error. The Digital River contact is at www.myord.com, it is NOT www.myorg.com.

Once these companies have your card number, they will automatically bill you without asking for permission to do so. You need to complain to your bank and your state attorneys general about it. When they take your credit/debit card number, they need to ask permission each time they charge your account. Mine was purchasing antivirus for exwife who moved out (and took her computer with her) three weeks later.

Comments

• Ed
      25th of Apr, 2009
    TrendMicro - billing/contact
    tren micro
    Anchorage
    Alaska

I ordered trend micro online. It never loaded. I got the bill and tried to contact them. Thus far, I have not been able to find a contact. Further, after the 30 day free cancellation period. Of course, even had it been withing the 30 days, there is no contact to cancel. In the meantime, I had to call visa to contest the fee - a faxed letter and probable more hassle. Never again.

• Da
      27th of May, 2009

purchased download software have been billed via visa paid bill say dowload has expired!!!

• De
      12th of Nov, 2009
    Trendmicro Symantec
    15905 State Highway 00
    Strafford
    Missouri

Trendmicro/Symantec automatically took out an amount of 44.95 out of my checking account without my authorization. I am seeking a refund for this amount to be credited to my account.

• Lo
      24th of Dec, 2009

I have been double billed for this product. I would like a full refund of both charges! Melvina Bartels

• Sd
      14th of Jan, 2010
    California

I have 4 different charges on my Visa account for TrendMicro for services that I never received. I have made numerous attempts to contact the company so they could resolve this before I have my bank that I hold my Visa with contact them and have the charges removed from my billed account.

• Th
      12th of Nov, 2010
    California

Trend micro took out $79.80 from our checking account today. this was not authorized. We cancelled with them a long time ago. I have filed a complaint with our bank, who will research this and try to get a refund!!

• Di
      26th of Jul, 2011
    Dianna L Johnston
    California

charges to my credit card for security program never authorized, 4-23-11.Have notified my credit card co. and cancelled card.

• Te
      1st of Sep, 2011

cancel my order for trend micro you double bill me now i want to cancel my order as soon as possible

• Ny
      2nd of Nov, 2011
    TrendMicro

On my laptop there are 98 virus's. I needed something to get rid of them. I am not a expierienced pc user, so i put my faith in the knowledge of the shop personel. I informed the pc sales person of my problem, and was given the Internet security pro. He assured me that this will do the job. $100 later, i discovered that it is a virus preventative, not a virus cure. There was $100 down the drain. This incompetance by the sales person, isn't the actual complaint. The complaint is the fact that I have scaned my pc a number of times with other brands, and each brand is advising about the number of, and type of virus's on my pc right now. At the present. As i write. All these brand's are telling me this fact, BUT trend, always says the same thing. There is no threat from any virus. Trend wont, or isn't capable of recognising the present threat. There for, i have come to the conclusion that Trend is nothing more than a teamate to a virus. If trend wont try to prevent virus's from kicking goals, it must be on the same team. That's logical, isn't it? So, in closing, i want to get rid of the dirty little buggers and prevent more from getting a foothold. TREND ISN'T UP TO THE TASK AT HAND. My opinion of trend now? an absolute waste of time and money...signed, very pissed off.

• Kb
      9th of Sep, 2013

double billed for virus protection :7/17 & 7/21/13 please refung one of the billings