Having problems with Trend Micro?

1888 762 8736 (United States)
1800 642 421 (Australia)
1800 182 288 (Malaysia)
1800 888 6868 (Singapore)
+64 800 003 911 (New Zealand)
+44 203 549 3300 (United Kingdom)
+32 15 281 480 (Belgium & Luxembourg)
+45 43 398 005 (Denmark)
+49 811 8899 0700 (Germany & Austria)
+39 292 5931 (Italy)
+31 202 182 270 (Netherlands)
+852 26 120 099 (Hong Kong)
+91 116 621 3200 (India (New Delhi)
+63 29 956 240 (Philippines)
+27 110 123 609 (South Africa)
+82 25 610 990 (South Korea)
+66 26 350 455 (Thailand)
+84 437 186 424 (Vietnam)
+55 112 149 5655 (Brazil (Sao Paolo)
225 E. John Carpenter Freeway, Suite 1500
Irving, Texas
United States Branches
  • 101 Hudson Street Suite 2202, Jersey City, New Jersey 07424 U.S.A
  • 25531 Commercentre Drive, 2nd Floor, Lake Forest, California 92630 U.S.A
  • 150 S. Los Robles Avenue, Suite 700, Pasadena, California 91101 U.S.A
  • 10101 N. De Anza Blvd., Cupertino, California 95014 U.S.A.
Canada

• Level 1, The Realm 18 National Circuit, Barton, ACT 2600
New Zealand
Level 1, 28 Custom Street East, Auckland 1010

United Kingdom
Podium Level (East), 2 Kingdom Street, Paddington Central, London W2 6BD, United Kingdom

Ireland
Median House, Cork Business & Technology Park, Model Farm Road, Cork, Ireland

Belgium
Mechelen Campus, Building H, Floor 2, Schaliënhoevedreef 20, 2800 Mechelen, Belgium

Denmark

85, rue Albert Premier, 92500 Rueil Malmaison, France

Germany & Austria
Zeppelinstraße 1, 85399 Hallbergmoos, Germany

Italy
  • Edison Park Center, Viale Tomas Edison 110 — Edificio C, 20099 Sesto San Giovanni MI, Italy
  • Via Tiburtina 912, 00156 Rome RM, Italy

Hong Kong
917 9/F Shui On Centre, 6-8 Harbour Road Wanchai, Hong Kong

India
  • 10th floor, EROS Corporate Tower, Nehru Place, New Delhi – 110019
  • Ground Floor, Platina, Plot № C-59, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai - 400051
  • Units № 701 – 702, 7th Floor, Prestige Meridian–I, № 29, Mahatma Gandhi Road, (M.G. Road), Bangalore - 560001
Japan
  • Shinjuku Maynds Tower, 2-1-1 Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo Japan ZIP 151-0053
  • Nissei Sin-Osaka Bldg. 13F, 3-4-30 Miyahara, Yodogawa-ku, Osaka 532-0003
  • San F Bldg. 7F, 2-3-7 Hakataeki-mae, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka 812-0011
  • Nagoya Sakura Dori Bldg. 7F, 3-22-24 Marunouchi, Naka-ku, Nagoya-City, Aichi 460-0002
Malaysia
Suite 24-01, Level 24, Integra Tower, № 348, Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Philippines
8/F The Rockwell Business, Center Tower 2 Ortigas Avenue, Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines 1600

Singapore
8 Temasek Boulevard, № 09-04/05 Suntec Tower Three, Singapore 038988

South Africa
2nd Floor, Golden Oak Building, Ballyoaks Office Park, 35 Ballyclare Drive, Bryanston, South Africa

South Korea
6FL HongWoo Building 945-1, DaeChi-dong, KangNam-ku, Seoul (135-846)

Taiwan
8F, № 198, Tun-Hwa S. Road, Sec. 2, Taipei 106, Taiwan

Thailand
Central World Tower, 999/9, 44th Floor, Unit 4410 -4412, Rama I Rd., Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand

UAE
Unit 3603, Jumeirah Business Center 3, Cluster Y, Jumeirah Lakes Towers
P.O. Box 488075, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Vietnam
10th Floor, Vinaconex Building, 34 Lang Ha Street, Dong Da District, Hanoi, Vietnam

Brazil
  • Av. Carlos Gomes, 222 - 8 andar - Centro, 90480-000, Porto Alegre, RS
  • Av. Rio Branco 1 – 12º andar, Grupo 1201 - Centro, 20030-021, Rio de Janeiro, RJ
  • R. Joaquim Floriano, 1120, 2o andar - Itaim Bibi, 04534-004, São Paulo, SP
Mexico
Insurgentes Sur, 688 - piso 6, Col Del Valle, C.P. 03100, México, D.F., Mexico

Complaints & Reviews

Do not buy from them

I would rate them much better except for the fact that when I tried to return a bad motherboard (Tyan 1590), I couldn't get anyone to respond to my emails or phone calls! I sent one email stating the problem and any troubleshooting I'd done so far. They responded the next day saying I should check the power supply. Well, I had done that as I had two motherboards and two power supplies on hand. I mailed them this information back and heard nothing. I sent 3 or 4 more polite emails and called several times and left messages for tech support to call me back. After about six weeks (!), I wrote a letter to Tom's Hardware Guide because that is where I first saw an ad for Micro Trend. The next day I got a call from Micro Trend; I am sure the letter to Tom's had something to do with it. They finally gave me an RMA #. I shipped the board back and got a new one in about a week (good). It worked fine and all is well. But the stuff I had to go through soured me on them for evah. I still use their system configurator to check prices but I will never buy from nor recommend them to anyone again.

Autodeduct from bank account

Had $45.95 deducted from my account without my authorization. Had to wait, as the bank gave me ERRONEOUS...

fraud!!

They stole 35.95 from my bank account without my authorization. I tried to contact the company via email. Well they make you select from a drop down menu so all you get in return is an automated response. I then tried calling the number at the bottom of their website and was on hold for over an hour. Never once spoke to a real person.

Basically, if you have Norton Anti Virus or Trend Micro anti virus DO NOT renew your subscription. Anytime you enter your information in the fields you are opening your bank account up to them to charge you as many times as they wish. The ironic part is that I do not even own a computer of my own anymore and they are still charging me for this service.

FRAUD!!! contact the Better Business Bureau... I just did!!!

• Ra
    rappy Feb 07, 2009

I've used Trend Micro since 2003 and never had the problem described. When the current subscription expires, it expires. It's up to the individual to upgrade their subscription...no automatic billing has occurred. I have called Trend Micro once on a technical issue with the software in 2008 and got right in to attendant. They help me correct the problem. I couldn't be more happier with their internet protection software and service.

Sally Nace Oct 14, 2009

I ordered Trend Micro Anti Virus on 9/14/09, and have been billed twice by DRI*Trend Micro Billing for 6.99
    Billing for 39.95
    Billing for 6.99
    Billing for 31.95
    I may have hit enter twice to creat the mess. Please issue credit for this. I have listed a number of, not sure what that represents, maybe a confirmation number.

• Ca
    cabogason Aug 09, 2011

Trend Micro charged my debit card for $62.99 without out my knowledge and didn't purchased anything from them this time. i purchased their anti-virus 2 or 3 years ago but not this time. i can't believe it that they can just get money on my bank without my knowledge and without purchasing any product from them...they are a thief.

bad product/bad support/bad service

I purchased and installed Trend Micro Internet Security. My computer kept doing a "crash dump". I received messages that my Antivirus program was causing the problem. So I contacted Trend Micro. The Rep emailed me and had me send a couple of error logs. He then had me uninstall and reinstall the program. I had the same results. The Rep then told me he had to refer me to a Level 2 Specialist. By the time the Level 2 Specialist got in touch with me, my computer had crashed altogether. I had to return it to the manufacturer for repair. I told the Specialist that I did not intend to reinstall Trend Micro because it either crashed my computer or let a virus get by that crashed my computer. I requested a refund for the remaining seven months of service. It was denied. I requested to speak to a Supervisor three times. I was NEVER allowed to communicate with a Supervisor by email and NEVER allowed to speak to a HUMAN! I don't know about you, but I really hate companies like this. ALL THE SIGNS OF A COMPANY THAT KNOWS THEY HAVE A BAD PRODUCT!!

• To
    tomax87 Feb 10, 2009

...what's worse is I get this "Please stay off the Internet" parental control message.

TrendMicro suggests to reinstall the program. Why? This is a for 2009 and was working fine until one of their updates.

• Sd
    sdfsdfsadfasdfasfd Feb 16, 2009

i really love to agree with you guys..don't you know that trendmicro gets hacked easily because of their super thrifty owners?i was one of them and i really hate trendmicro, i mean we representatives hates the company, trendmicro..the reason why you cant speak to a supervisor because they are afraid to take the call..you know why? because they themselves know that the product won't work..and yes of course..the phone support is a free service..but then it really sucks when we get problems like updates because we know that it is our company's fault...trendmicro would always say.." you guys should work well"..what do they want us to do? do a magic? it is the product that is causing the problem and they are blaming the representatives when in fact, they don't give accurate solutions to the problems..they said ., you guys are techie..you should know about it..hey..are we the one who created your good-for-profit product? i heard it is outsourced to cebu..if i were you, you all quit and just use avg..there are times that it won't work but it is not as worse as norton, trendmicro, mcaffee which will send you viruses when your subscription expires and you don't renew

Mario Mar 03, 2009

Did that ### actually just say that they send you viruses if you don't renew your subscription... Kill yourself... Even your name implies that you're a complete ###...

But on to the topic... Let's see... You sent your computer to your manufacturer and they repaired it? If they repaired it free of charge under a warranty then it was not Trend Micro's fault.. More likely a Hardware malfunction like the Hard Drive dying... Being that Manufacturers do not do repairs for Software malfunctions like you installing TMIS and it crashing. If they did they'd have charged you a hefty fee for a simple OS reinstall which you could've done yourself with your restore disk. Being that TMIS has been installed on hundreds of thousands of other computers and not having a problem I probably wouldn't blame them for it... They refused to refund your seven months because you don't exactly pay for the updates... but the software itself. The updates are free to anyone... http://www.trendmicro.com/download/... So yeh... no refund there...

Stay away from AVG... Who really thinks that free software does as good as paid software...

cannot download

I was charged $86.99 for something that will not download. I want this money back on my credit card. There is no way to get thru to talk to anyone.

product never supplied

On the 14/11/08 I've purchased a trend micro update AU$ 157.90 they have never e-mailed the program to me, I can't get in contact with Digital River nor Trend Micro in Australia, the [protected] number, which is an overseas number just tells me they can't find the payment and that I have to provide a copy of my bank statement, my bank advised that is not safe to do so they have provided me with a banking transfer receipt number asssured me that digital river has received the funds.
I just want my money back and other people to know not to buy anything from Trend Micro!

need password to uninstall

Trying to uninstall Trend microcillin but it is asking me for a password that I do not have. It does not give me an option to retrieve this password. What do I do?

double charge and unable to install

After many Ad pop-ups telling I had 39 virus to get rid of, I decided to go ahead and buy the...

doubled billed

I continually received pop-up boxes stating that my Anti-Virus software liscensce had expried and I needed to...

does not load

the software will not load and am now caught in an endless loop of warnings. The web site was totally ineffective in providing a solution. WIl not use this product

unauthorized charge of $44. 95

I just discovered on my bank account - internet - that trend micro has charged my account $44. 95 (Fortyfour...

their tech support

I renewed the subscription for the 2008 version. I have been having problems with the spamtool and their...

refused to refund my money

On Jan. 12, 07, I ordered their “PC-cillin Internet Security 14 Antivirus Software” from this company on-line. It was a 3 year service contract for $99.00. My credit card was charged this amount the next day. After repeated failed attempts to install this product on my computer I decide I no longer needed/wanted this software and asked for a full refund. Since that time I have been given the worst run-around that I have ever experienced. This company refuses to refund my money and has not contacted me since my last request on May 17, 2007.

Sincerely,
Ronald Martin

• Je
    Jessica Jacobs Feb 08, 2008

I have had a similar experience, except I was able to download the software. Less than 2 months later I had a debilitating virus on my computer and had to restore my computer to its factory settings (wiping out everything on my computer). I immediately downloaded McAfee (and have no problems since), and contacted TrendMicro (by email) explaining what happened and asked for a refund. Over two months passed and I did not hear back, so I emailed them again. I got an email back saying they would look into the matter. Then, another month and a half passed with no word. I complained again, and this time got an email back stating they could not refund my money since my complaint was after 30 days from purchasing the software. BUT, they did offer to help me download the software! Are they KIDDING? Like I would be that stupid to want to go through that hassle and put my computer at risk all over again. CONSUMER BEWARE!

• Ka
    kaelan Nov 13, 2018

Is this your company? I am being charged on my credit card for services and I know that I have Trend Micro for my virus protection. I don't think this is the same company. Please help me with this. Thanks.

• Mo
    Mohamed shehata Aug 31, 2019

Please refund the money you claimed with no right at all

The invoice no. Is 65793522100

• Ke
    Keith Nix Jan 05, 2020

on the 19 12 2019 £19. 95 was takenfrom my bank account by a diffrent name to trend dri as this is not any one we have come across before it seems funny as it was not in your name as you are the only one with a credit card number for said card